SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900

comics00

Hi, lil demon. Getting a Black and gold color 1998 TDM850? Comes with a Nitron rear shock, GPR single side exhaust, black Bagster tank bra, Hepco and Becker engine guards, 3 digit number plate, etc... ?

Yes Mr reaper exactly :) is tat ur bike? Would love to know bout e bike more if got à chance :) actually i hvnt buy it Only make à booking

Edited by lil demon

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ..

• kmax

• vtr firestorm

• Paikia44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All inclusive... Doesn't matter which bike shop you go to both are equally good...

It's just a matter of pricing...

DIY, only $60 if you have the passion, time and knowledge...

Passion - Have Time - Not much Knowledge - Juat a little bit only..

Hahaha

I hvnt get tHe bike but had reserve it..try to get 900 but no luck. So wanna try e 850. So bro e 850 still ok?

I had both. TDM850 is more traditional and runs on carbs so less electronics....easier for those traditional workshops to service. It has 5 speed gearbox, so can't go as fast as TDM900. However it revs more freely from the throttle response than the TDM900. TDM850 being older means cheaper in terms of price compared to TDM900. TDM850 is a classic and if maintained in good original condition, it will be appreciated by bike enthusiasts.

TDM900 is definitely better in terms of performance. EFI, 6 speed, top speed etc....

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

the 850 always seem to be the hot favorite as compared to the 9er @ carpe tdm

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

I had both. TDM850 is more traditional and runs on carbs so less electronics....easier for those traditional workshops to service. It has 5 speed gearbox, so can't go as fast as TDM900. However it revs more freely from the throttle response than the TDM900. TDM850 being older means cheaper in terms of price compared to TDM900. TDM850 is a classic and if maintained in good original condition, it will be appreciated by bike enthusiasts.

TDM900 is definitely better in terms of performance. EFI, 6 speed, top speed etc....

The guru has spoken... Not many has ride and own both 8s and 9s before like barracuda...

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/glennkoh/TDM900/TDM.jpg

JUST COLLECT MY RIDE TODAY NOT TOO BAD. Not yet have enough time to get use to it. weather very bad. Discover my odo meter is in

miles. Is this right?

Switching between Kilometers & Miles

To switch between kilometers and miles :

• Switch ON the main switch and wait for the end of the autotest.

• Push the SELECT button for more than two seconds.

• Display change from one unit to the other.

Note : This function may be found only on some models - mainly those sold in the UK.

(With credits from JBX)

you can refer to this site for a set of comprehensive information on TDM900

http://www.jbx9.allalla.com/

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Note : This function may be found only on some models - mainly those sold in the UK.

(With credits from JBX)

Wa later go and try it out. Hope this function is available on my bike.

JUST COLLECT MY RIDE TODAY NOT TOO BAD. Not yet have enough time to get use to it. weather very bad. Discover my odo meter is in

miles. Is this right?

That is actually your excuse to speed...... So when TP stops you for 'speeding' you can argue that you were only doing 85... when in fact you were at 136kph. Hahahaa. Then say 'oh!! sorry i didnt realize it was in mph.....' :cheeky:

#ShutUp_and_Ride

That is actually your excuse to speed...... So when TP stops you for 'speeding' you can argue that you were only doing 85... when in fact you were at 136kph. Hahahaa. Then say 'oh!! sorry i didnt realize it was in mph.....' :cheeky:

Wah Bro, wish that all TPs are as kind as you...

Thank You MR barracuda :)

(With credits from JBX)

Bro thank for the infor. Changes have been done..

Finally today have a bit of time for my new ride. Discover during slow and heavy traffic temperature on the high side but go down to half when start to go a bit faster. 2nd at times bike stall during slow speed or when going up my mscp slope. when i clutch in. ( sus injector need a clean up )

Finally today have a bit of time for my new ride. Discover during slow and heavy traffic temperature on the high side but go down to half when start to go a bit faster. 2nd at times bike stall during slow speed or when going up my mscp slope. when i clutch in. ( sus injector need a clean up )

Need to be move violent/aggressive on the throttle abit for this monster. Anything less than 1.5k rpm it will started to knock it head/body, screaming at you, I'll need to go faster...

I think cut the TDM seat is better than getting lowering dogbones. Because our TDM ground clearance is already so low.

If you want, this coming meet up on the 7th June 8.30 at west coast macs you can try my bike seat. It was cut and redone by Eugene Saddlery. >

If you like it, I can swap with you.

Guys ,

U all worry way too much lah !! TDM is meant to be ridden hard n can get u to many cool n interesting places way up north . . . . effortlessly !!

So ride hard but be safe always !! One luv !!

Edited by MAC77

I think cut the TDM seat is better than getting lowering dogbones. Because our TDM ground clearance is already so low.

If you want, this coming meet up on the 7th June 8.30 at west coast macs you can try my bike seat. It was cut and redone by Eugene Saddlery. >

If you like it, I can swap with you.

Too bad already order my lower kit.

But should not cause it to stall.

Bro, check whether is your idling rpm is ard 1.1-1.2, if lower than that tends to stall easily.

If still can't solve, go for a checkup at near bikesital...

Engine stalling seems to be STILL a discussion topic after all this while.... Are u on stock pipes? If on aftermarket perhaps increasing the CO will give u better engine response and idling.

There might be simple reasons for some bikes like fouled or wrong heatrange plugs or ignition contact (keyslot) contaminated. Of course there were issues on the TPS and maybe even the sidestand sensor.

My TDM used to have this problem and worse is it can only be reignited at neutral. So imagine me trying to balance the bike while lane splitting in heavy traffic, kicking to neutral and cranking. Hahaha... But this was when I first gotten the bike. After some rectifications and getting used to the characteristics of the TDM, things got better.

#ShutUp_and_Ride