SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900

comics00

Engine stalling seems to be STILL a discussion topic after all this while.... Are u on stock pipes? If on aftermarket perhaps increasing the CO will give u better engine response and idling.

There might be simple reasons for some bikes like fouled or wrong heatrange plugs or ignition contact (keyslot) contaminated. Of course there were issues on the TPS and maybe even the sidestand sensor.

My TDM used to have this problem and worse is it can only be reignited at neutral. So imagine me trying to balance the bike while lane splitting in heavy traffic, kicking to neutral and cranking. Hahaha... But this was when I first gotten the bike. After some rectifications and getting used to the characteristics of the TDM, things got better.

You forgot to add in. "Combine Motors":angel:

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ..

• kmax

• vtr firestorm

• Paikia44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro, check whether is your idling rpm is ard 1.1-1.2, if lower than that tends to stall easily.

If still can't solve, go for a checkup at near bikesital...

Idling was ard there . My riding habiat is when up slope almost reach will clutch in so idling when drop then the engine stall. Wat is bikesital?

just to pass this information on ....

i am experiencing stalling problems as well. since the ownership of my bike, i have experienced a total of about 3-5 times stalling problem. whenever this stalling problem occurs, the behavior and symptoms i have observed are

-when i have traveled for a prolong amount of distance

-when the engine is really hot (e.g afternoon period / during Singapore Customs)

-when i clutch in at gear 1 to move off

-when i am at low speed from moving off

-when i am at biting point from moving off

i have recently went back to HongLeong with regards to TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), the yamaha tech guy said most of the units have been recalled, they have started recalling about since 08-09. in order to check if your unit has been recalled if they do not have the records, they have to open up to verify it. if the TPS part number is the new one, you will have to pay the labour charge for dismantling. if the TPS part number is old one, you will get a TPS replacement... however it wont be free, best effort will be just a discount according to the yamaha tech guy.

and if your TPS is indeed faulty, you will notice black smoke from the exos when you rev the engine. there could be many other reaons why the engine is stalling, air filter / spark plug / fuel pump / valve clearance / ignition, wiring etc

DivineCreations sent his tdm to "Combine Motors" and did all the neccessary checks and re-wiring and ignition. since then he has 0 stalling problem ...

however you can check using the DIAG Mode from JBX

refer to code Description 01

http://www.jbx9.allalla.com/index.php?page=MODE_DIAG

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Engine stalling seems to be STILL a discussion topic after all this while.... Are u on stock pipes? If on aftermarket perhaps increasing the CO will give u better engine response and idling.

There might be simple reasons for some bikes like fouled or wrong heatrange plugs or ignition contact (keyslot) contaminated. Of course there were issues on the TPS and maybe even the sidestand sensor.

My TDM used to have this problem and worse is it can only be reignited at neutral. So imagine me trying to balance the bike while lane splitting in heavy traffic, kicking to neutral and cranking. Hahaha... But this was when I first gotten the bike. After some rectifications and getting used to the characteristics of the TDM, things got better.

that time DivineCreations CO from the DIAG MODE was at 60 + or 70 +, and it was KMax who did it for him, hahaha.

Regards,

kifakw

just to pass this information on ....

i am experiencing stalling problems as well. since the ownership of my bike, i have experienced a total of about 3-5 times stalling problem. whenever this stalling problem occurs, the behavior and symptoms i have observed are

-when i have traveled for a prolong amount of distance

-when the engine is really hot (e.g afternoon period / during Singapore Customs)

-when i clutch in at gear 1 to move off

-when i am at low speed from moving off

-when i am at biting point from moving off

i have recently went back to HongLeong with regards to TPS (Throttle Position Sensor), the yamaha tech guy said most of the units have been recalled, they have started recalling about since 08-09. in order to check if your unit has been recalled if they do not have the records, they have to open up to verify it. if the TPS part number is the new one, you will have to pay the labour charge for dismantling. if the TPS part number is old one, you will get a TPS replacement... however it wont be free, best effort will be just a discount according to the yamaha tech guy.

and if your TPS is indeed faulty, you will notice black smoke from the exos when you rev the engine. there could be many other reaons why the engine is stalling, air filter / spark plug / fuel pump / valve clearance / ignition, wiring etc

DivineCreations sent his tdm to "Combine Motors" and did all the neccessary checks and re-wiring and ignition. since then he has 0 stalling problem ...

however you can check using the DIAG Mode from JBX

refer to code Description 01

http://www.jbx9.allalla.com/index.php?page=MODE_DIAG

That a bit complex sia..

That a bit complex sia..

hahahaha, to sum it up.

bring your TDM to Combine Motors to rectify the issue.

Regards,

kifakw

That a bit complex sia..

hahahaha, to sum it up.

bring your TDM to Combine Motors to rectify the issue.

Regards,

kifakw

Since like no other choice. Hope is not too ex..

Normally you will hear the sound ouch...

Used to have the famous Error code 19...

But after servicing, now no more (touch wood) issues already

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/glennkoh/TDM900/TDM.jpg

Mine had the problem of stalling too. Final straw was it stalled when I filtered into the expressway n infront of a trailer. Went to HL n was told 2 possibilities, either TPS or valve clearance issue. In the end they change the TPS.

Guys, any shop to recommend to buy LV pipes?

Mine had the problem of stalling too. Final straw was it stalled when I filtered into the expressway n infront of a trailer. Went to HL n was told 2 possibilities, either TPS or valve clearance issue. In the end they change the TPS.

Guys, any shop to recommend to buy LV pipes?

C

Wah, change TPS, what the damage on your pocket.

Bikeworkz, Ah Beng offer quite an attractive price I heard...

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp350/glennkoh/TDM900/TDM.jpg