SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My Road 2 Freedom

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1pm in the afternoon

I am someone who craves the freedom to move.

Anywhere anytime.

I live in Singapore.

I have enrolled in a course to obtain my motorbike license.

I already have licenses to drive both regular motorcars as well as large vehicles. (Class 3 & 4)

I still prefer the idea of riding on the bike.

It seems so much more free.

While this idea seems better in concept,

I am going to test it out by getting my license and see whether it is something I really want.

If not I'll stick to cars.

I just got off the phone with the service staff,

she says I'll expect to pay around $600-900,

depending on whether I will have to repeat any lessons.

I'm going down right now, hoping I can start some lessons today.

11pm later that night

I am back from BBDC.

The service staff at BBDC were all very nice and pleasant.

Waited around an 1hr for my turn.

I managed to finish 2 theory lessons today BTL 1.01 and BTL 1.02

Lucky for me they so happened to fit into today's schedule.

I booked my next theory lesson on Monday, and a practical lesson for tomorrow. Am feeling excited about things.

~~~~~~~~~~~

18Feb 2200hrs

My mistake, I noticed that this is in the wrong forum. Just hoping to share the encounters of a new learner and get some advice from seasoned riders here.

Just came back from BBDC, felt excited before my first practical lesson and was glad to pass.

My instructor was a nice Chinese young man by the name of Tan, patient and open to questions.

I am just wondering whether/how to buy a helmet of my own , and gloves as well, because the gloves - 'durian gloves' are really thin and all the vibration is really felt without dampening. Helmet is more of a hygienic, and to get one that suits my personality..

Going to book my next lesson, enjoying myself so far

Feb 24 1800hrs

Just passed 1.02

I passed on the second attempt.

I must say that the first time round I really couldn't make it.

I was just too tense to perform well.

This time it was a breeze yeah.

Whoo. Feels good.

Went out into the adult pool, which is the main circuit for the first time.

35km/h haha.

I felt much less tense this time.

Corrected a few bad riding habits yup.

Booking lessons in the afternoon is hot, but there tends to be less people and thus,

less crowding, more time to practice,

more attention from trainers, so when you do well, they are more likely to notice

even if you do not so well, they can give you better tips to fix your riding

I think if I can, I'll try to book my lessons in the afternoon if possible. Any comments?

~~~

Feb 28 1325 hrs

I passed my 1.03 =)

My instructor was so nice.

I was late 20 minutes, I wanted to give up and go home. At Bukit Gombak mrt, I saw the Shuttle Bus just arriving, meaning that it would take some time before it headed back to the Driving Centre.

So I just ran. I ran all the way from the MRT to BBDC.

Quite sweaty by the time I got there.

Looking back it was in fact to my advantage because I was totally relaxed once I cooled down, unlike normally, where I am very tense just right before a lesson.

Feeling the bike now.

Starting and stopping is much better now, though still got a little room for improvement.

Low speed control was interesting. And I think really useful skill.

Went up to gear 5 just for lesson's sake, heh.

If I am not wrong, 8 more lessons to be able to book TP, then 2 more to take TP.

Awesum.

Thought of chionging another lesson in the afternoon, but didn't.

It would be v. suspicious to my parents..

For some reason, I did not change out of my long-sleeve shirt,

so went I came out of the lift, I changed into my short-sleeve shirt, then pressed the doorbell to go home.

Lucky that no one ask, 'eh why your shirt so crumpled'

Thats all for now.

~~~~~

March 07 2030

I am finished with lesson 2.01. Took two lessons in the single day, passed 2.01 -2nd try, failed 2.02 (lane changing)

7 more lessons to my PDL, feeling excited, wish I could take all my lessons in one go.

Mar 21 Sunday

1955 Hrs

Hi guys sorry I haven't posted in a long time.

Anyway I having been slacking completely on my road to freedom.

I passed 3.01 (Pylon and Plank) and 3.02 (E-Brake)

Tomorrow I will be going for my 4.01 (S & Crank)

My pylon and plank I passed on the second time, I really learnt how to control the bike at a low speed, which I think would come in really handy next time, when handling in tight spots yeah.

My E brake I passed the first time, the very first time I did it the bike went to the floor. I could feel the bike's rear wheel just slip away. The second time I tried the bike fell while I was at an even higher speed. It was two times in a row within distance of 20m. It was like this, I fell, I picked myself and my bike up, in between the next two cones I tried again and fell again, this time at a faster speed than before.

I think I am closer to understanding why people say why riding is dangerous.

I was an SAF driver, and have tried E brake in Land Rover before. It is really nothing compared to doing it on a bike. All you have to do is just jam the brake full strength and have nothing to fear.

While on a bike, it just isn't the same, you can't just go all in because you know you will go to the ground.

I fell twice but the third time I roughly got it already.

It helped that during that session I had a really nice instructor and I was the only one attending that class.

It was raining really heavily that day, shoes were soaked, so nowadays I bring slippers and shorts to change out after lesson.

~

K on Theory Side.

I passed my Riding Theory Evaluation (RTE)

It went like this, I did only 1 Riding Theory Practice (RTP)

Then i only managed to finish 5 out of 7 booklets, but all were above 90%.

So I was cocky (I got 50 out of 50 for SAF Highway Code)and went for RTE, only to fail it!

Most of the questions that appeared came from the 2 booklets that I did not try.

Haha. The next day I did another RTP, did six and a half booklets in that one session, and went for RTE straight. I took 4 minutes plus to finish 80 Questions and passed haha.

My Riding Theory Test i Booked on the 4th of April.

Hopefully I can get my 2B soon =)

Edited by myroad2freedom

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats your point of writing these?

[12/11/07 - 12/09/08] Honda TA200 Phanton FX 3*3* X

[12/01/08 - 20/05/08] Yamaha Rxk 135 FD 4*5* S

[12/09/08 - present] Daelim Daystar X5 150 FBC **55 B

[12/07/09 - 15/01/10] Piaggio X9 EVO 200 FY *77* T

[15/01/10 - 14/08/11] CB400 Version S FP *99* T

[10/09/11 - present] Yamaha X1R FBB *96* T

[19/3/13 - 2/1/14] PGO Gmax 200 FBF 1**1 Y

[18/1/14 - present] BMW F700GS FBJ 1**0 J

18Feb 2200hrs

My mistake, I noticed that this is in the wrong forum. Just hoping to share the encounters of a new learner and get some advice from seasoned riders here.

Just came back from BBDC, felt excited before my first practical lesson and was glad to pass.

My instructor was a nice Chinese young man by the name of Tan, patient and open to questions.

I am just wondering whether/how to buy a helmet of my own , and gloves as well, because the gloves - 'durian gloves' are really thin and all the vibration is really felt without dampening. Helmet is more of a hygienic, and to get one that suits my personality..

18Feb 2200hrs

u can post anything u like bro.. till the moderator decide to take it off.. haha

anyway.. i can see u r enjoying and excited abt the ride.

after passing, u still gotta be careful on the road, cos u learn another half the lessons on the road riding ur own bike..

as for helmet, u can just get those $20-$30 kind...

as for gloves, just bear with the durian gloves, unless u really want to invest in a good full-fingers gloves..

enjoy the process of getting cl2b bro..

mayb u will see me in bbdc soon too.. haha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v47/herculie/Valky_Siggy.jpg

Feb 24 1800hrs

Just passed 1.02

I passed on the second attempt.

I must say that the first time round I really couldn't make it.

I was just too tense to perform well.

This time it was a breeze yeah.

Whoo. Feels good.

Went out into the adult pool, which is the main circuit for the first time.

35km/h haha.

I felt much less tense this time.

Corrected a few bad riding habits yup.

Booking lessons in the afternoon is hot, but there tends to be less people and thus,

less crowding, more time to practice,

more attention from trainers, so when you do well, they are more likely to notice

even if you do not so well, they can give you better tips to fix your riding

I think if I can, I'll try to book my lessons in the afternoon if possible. Any comments?

Oh god

2b days were horrid for me lol

I think I crashed so many bikes @ cdc :D

prac 1 like 3 times

2- 2

3-4

4-3

5-6

6 -1

7-2

8-6

tp 1 time

Don’t ever give up in your pursuit of a 2b license :D

after that 1 year into your 2b rush to get your class 2a ( for me the 3 lessons inclusive of tp test were all 1 shot 1 kill i.e taken 1ce only)

And subsequently do your class 2 asap.

My only piece of advice is push the bike as much as you can there. Know the ins and outs of how to ride/how much you can bank the bike while cornering from fig 8/salom etc at the centre. Once on the road you would be more confident and a much better rider :D

Btw I drive and ride too :D, riding to me is a much better way to unwind. Some people would regard riding as a poor mans toy and in certain ways it’s true. A class 2 1000cc sports bike can take u 0-100km/h in under 3 secs and the bike will set you back 20+ odd k for a brand new machine. A car capable of doing that well your bank account needs to be in the millions :D

So have fun in obtaining your license and hope to see you on the roads soon :D

2B-KRR(SOLD)

2A-GSXR400(SCRAPPED),ZXR400(SOLD)

2-R1

3-TOYOTA CAMRY

http://www.1000ps.at/magazin/yamaha/yamaha_r1_8gross.jpg

not sure where to ask so i just ask here. anyone know what is class 4 about? how will the lessons go about?

class 4 is more about bringing omnibus & lorry

class 5 for those trailer heads.

check that website for more info ?

http://www.singaporemirror.com/co_pancountry.htm

2B-KRR(SOLD)

2-R1

3-TOYOTA CAMRY

Feb 28.

1325 hrs

I passed my 1.03 =)

My instructor was so nice.

I was late 20 minutes, I wanted to give up and go home. At Bukit Gombak mrt, I saw the Shuttle Bus just arriving, meaning that it would take some time before it headed back to the Driving Centre.

Quite sweaty by the time I got there.

Looking back it was in fact to my advantage because I was totally relaxed once I cooled down, unlike normally, where I am very tense just right before a lesson.

Feeling the bike now.

Starting and stopping is much better now, though still got a little room for improvement.

Low speed control was interesting. And I think really useful skill.

Went up to gear 5 just for lesson's sake, heh.

If I am not wrong, 8 more lessons to be able to book TP, then 2 more to take TP.

Awesum.

For some reason, I did not change out of my long-sleeve shirt,

so went I came out of the lift, I changed into my short-sleeve shirt, then pressed the doorbell to go home.

Lucky that no one ask, 'eh why your shirt so crumpled'

Thats all for now.

Feb 28.

1325 hrs

Wah, you very fit. Quite a distance!

Why not just tell your parents you're taking license? Eventually they'll find out and it'll be even worse then.

My bike is stock! Please don't jio me! :angel:

Super lightweight lithium batteries for sale! http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/347746

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wah, you very fit. Quite a distance!

Why not just tell your parents you're taking license? Eventually they'll find out and it'll be even worse then.

Hey! It is his "road to freedom". Can tell his parents once he is free...:angel:

Hey! It is his "road to freedom". Can tell his parents once he is free...:angel:

hehe that’s what I did

Got my 2b done and even bought a bike then they found out

Initially a bit freaked out but sooner or later they will understand

so to ts i say don;t give up n do the license :D

2B-KRR(SOLD)

2-R1

3-TOYOTA CAMRY