SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

maxbg

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"Speed - While the S10 hits 180-190kph easily, don't expect hitting the mid or high 200kph range with a snap of finger. This is not a sports bike and the aerodynamics of the S10 sucks. Beyond 200kph you have to 'fight' with the bike. Then again, if you are a speedster than get a GTR."

Sounds familiar . . . hahaha !!

Anyways , for potential S10 buyers . . .

The "Wise One" have spoken !!!

"Speed - While the S10 hits 180-190kph easily, don't expect hitting the mid or high 200kph range with a snap of finger. This is not a sports bike and the aerodynamics of the S10 sucks. Beyond 200kph you have to 'fight' with the bike. Then again, if you are a speedster than get a GTR."

Sounds familiar . . . hahaha !!

Anyways , for potential S10 buyers . . .

The "Wise One" have spoken !!!

I'm sure u r enjoying your "Need For Speed"..... :p

#ShutUp_and_Ride

Speed - While the S10 hits 180-190kph easily, don't expect hitting the mid or high 200kph range with a snap of finger. This is not a sports bike and the aerodynamics of the S10 sucks. Beyond 200kph you have to 'fight' with the bike. Then again, if you are a speedster than get a GTR.
I have a question.

S10 can hit mid-200s?

I have a question.

S10 can hit mid-200s?

Mahdi... Seems that u have something against the S10? I did said DON'T expect the S10 to hit mid-200kph with snap of finger right? Depends how u want to interpret this.

Hitting low 200kph is no problem on this machine. Any stock S10 can do a 20x - 21x kph range. Anyway.... Anyone after speed is looking at the wrong section. The S10 is not about speed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/17/ubypyve2.jpg

#ShutUp_and_Ride

Mahdi... Seems that u have something against the S10? I did said DON'T expect the S10 to hit mid-200kph with snap of finger right? Depends how u want to interpret this.

Hitting low 200kph is no problem on this machine. Any stock S10 can do a 20x - 21x kph range. Anyway.... Anyone after speed is looking at the wrong section. The S10 is not about speed.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/05/17/ubypyve2.jpg

You seem sensitive/disturbed by my humble query.

I asked as i do not own one. Good that the S10 can hit 20x - 21x kmh.

Hi All

I'm interested to own a Yamaha S10 bike, but I have a few questions and need someone to guide. 1) Anybody knows what is the price OTR? 2) How much is the cost of H&B top box, side panniers, light protector and crash bars? Need to do financial statement.

Hi All

I'm interested to own a Yamaha S10 bike, but I have a few questions and need someone to guide. 1) Anybody knows what is the price OTR? 2) How much is the cost of H&B top box, side panniers, light protector and crash bars? Need to do financial statement.

Mr Paikia . . .

Someone is asking for your expert reviews !! Pls assist him aites !!

I disagree bro. I am in the group and have been in it since it was newly launched by the pioneer batches of s10 owners. I do not own an s10 and frankly speaking, I only know a handful of them thru my previous bike. STOG is a group of nice and wacked out guys. Drop them a message and I am sure your request will be acknowledged.

It's alright bro I know where you come from, I joined the group back then to know more about the bike. Since I was removed there ought to have reasons behind their action maybe they feel uncomfortable with strangers loitering in the group. My point here is why allow ppl to join the group and remove them as and when you wish? It's kinda rude? Yes? No?

Hi All

Mr Paikia . . .

Someone is asking for your expert reviews !! Pls assist him aites !!

KNN Mac kajiao me. U also know the answers to the questions leh.

Bro gixxerchen.. OTR with insurance probably is around $33-34K depending on which shop u buy from and what's ur insurance premium. But prices are like stock market and goes up and down every other shipment.

H&B topbox/panniers depends what model u want. Topcase ranges from $400+ for junior to $600 for rizoma? Not too sure myself. But one thing for sure is the 3rd gen side rack is around $320. Some bros got the siderack with 40L Xplorer panniers for $1450. Crashbars depends what brand too. Ranges from $200++ to $600+. Touratech headlamp mesh guard is $150 I think.

It's alright bro I know where you come from, I joined the group back then to know more about the bike. Since I was removed there ought to have reasons behind their action maybe they feel uncomfortable with strangers loitering in the group. My point here is why allow ppl to join the group and remove them as and when you wish? It's kinda rude? Yes? No?

Bro... Not me who kick u out hor!! And I resigned as admin liao. Hahaha!! Rather be a rider and TCSS then to have to do all the administrative stuff. Good example is your case. I supposed back then there was a 'cleanup' on the ppl in the FB group. Cos there were way too many ppl that we don't know and/or don't participate in the chats/events etc. We do have several MOs and good lobangs through fellow members' contacts and some are frankly open to our group only as specified by the merchants. This is so that there won't be any disputes with the merchant and other buyers. And of course there are ppl like me who rant and b!tch about other bikers.. Hahahahhaa!! (JK).

I seriously don't think there was any malicious intent for removing some of the ppl in the FB group. And whatever reason is was most likely was in good faith without bias.

If u ask me..... And I am left to decide, I will only allow riders riding S10 or the 660 in the FB group. But then again I am not and the Singapore Ténéré Owners Group (STOG) are a bunch of wackos who are (most of the time) not bikecist (new word).

(Disclaimer: this is my personal views and in no way official or unofficial statement from STOG... I'm only an old man having a mid life crisis and happen to be riding a S10... :D)

#ShutUp_and_Ride

Visited but kana kicked out from the grp for not owning a S10.

Wow, dats how STOG operates? That's sad considering how small our biking community is in Singapore.

Maybe you should take heed from what Abang Joseph aka Paikia44 has just said.

Wow, dats how STOG operates? That's sad considering how small our biking community is in Singapore.

Maybe you should take heed from what Abang Joseph aka Paikia44 has just said.

Mahdi... As always, your 'words of wisdom' are ever so mind boggling. Maybe you should start a new FB Fan page and showcase your experience and knowledge.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

group-hug.gif

10char

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Ive read and seen some of the world crosser edition online..lets say est otr price for normal st12 is 30k quoted from pan-euro and southern bukit merah,31k from speedway and asphoon, and the worldcrosser edition will be ard 33k est. ive seen some European models with nice worldcrosser words in small decals, some engine casing and stuffs. accoding to few owners, its advisable. But according to my opinion, some models is not applicable to our country which im afraid i will get a diff deal. Pls advise.World Crosser Kit Super Ténéré.jpg

3 WorDz.

Slow Or Fast.

2008 KR

2010 S4

2012 R6

2013 WAVE

Hi Paikia thank you for your advice. May I know does STOG has lobang for the accessories?

On and off we do have MOs and tie-ups with merchants for accessories and/or bike maintainence. Sometimes it is depending on timing and what you want. That said... The main good thing about STOG is the fellowship of the riders (both S10 & other bikes). :)

#ShutUp_and_Ride

Ive read and seen some of the world crosser edition online..lets say est otr price for normal st12 is 30k quoted from pan-euro and southern bukit merah,31k from speedway and asphoon, and the worldcrosser edition will be ard 33k est. ive seen some European models with nice worldcrosser words in small decals, some engine casing and stuffs. accoding to few owners, its advisable. But according to my opinion, some models is not applicable to our country which im afraid i will get a diff deal. Pls advise.[ATTACH=CONFIG]278736[/ATTACH]

Authorised dealer Hong Leong and its agents did have a promo couple months back that both the WC and the baseline S10 with 3 oem cases, oem skidplates and oem engine bars are same pricing. Even with this, my advice to some of those who enquired was to get the WC. Although both 'models' are identical in terms of specs and mechanical performance, the WC comes with the brandname along with some carbon fibre parts. And personally I am not a fan of the oem parts. Better off to get aftermarket ones which are more sturdy and durable. Not to mention resale.

#ShutUp_and_Ride