SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

maxbg

Personally, i feel that BMW made the right decision to make the GSA a different bike than the GS. Bigger tank, spoke wheels, higher suspension.. No doubt the normal GS can be converted to a GSA by buying GSA parts. But I think BMW made a good decision to differentiate the 2 GS's for different type of riders.

While Yamaha made a good bike on the ST. I think I share Paikia's sentiments. They should make the ST(WC) a sligghtly different bike with better specs not just a bike with addons.

Well.... At least it's to our advantage cos then our so-called standard S10 is almost identical to a dressed-up S10 aka WC... No offence to bros riding the WC though. Cos frankly other than some yummies on the WC, most aftermarket parts are far superior.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys a few questions for a newbie......

What the different from traction 1 and 2 and off.

Why there is a unplug cable under the seat compartment.

Should buy top box first or side pannier.

In layman term...

Tcs1: Attempt to do 100% front n rear wheel have same traction.

Tcs2: allowance to do some variation in front n rear traction. Good for off road.

Unplug cable under seat shld b for oem yamaha alarm.

Sidebox/topbox? Up to u. Theres no rules to it. See what u need, whether u like the width, the depth of ur wallet..

In layman term...

Tcs1: Attempt to do 100% front n rear wheel have same traction.

Tcs2: allowance to do some variation in front n rear traction. Good for off road.

Unplug cable under seat shld b for oem yamaha alarm.

Sidebox/topbox? Up to u. Theres no rules to it. See what u need, whether u like the width, the depth of ur wallet..

busy with work lately?? where have you been??? haven been seeing you around..

Hi guys, may i ask if the S10 is easy to handle? Coz im only 1.69m tall and weigh only 58kg.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

LET ME LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I WANT TO, FOR AT ITS END IT IS I WHO MUST DIE

Daelim Magma 125 - (2005)

Honda Wave S 125 - (2005 - 2006)

Suzuki Panther 150 - (2006 - 2007)

Suzuki GSXR 400 - (2006 - 2007)

Suzuki Raider 150 - (2007 - 2010)

Yamaha 125Z - (2010 - 2011)

Honda CB400 Revo - (2011 - present)

Anyone have any idea where can I buy a second hand hepco becker side rack for 09 model?

S10 '09 model? I thought they started off with 2010 model First Edition model?

Anyway all S10 XT1200 regardless of year model are structurally the same so all the racks are suitable. But there's 3 different siderack models for the S10.

2010 rack: 'Odd' dimension rack with the exhaust side more protruding which calls for need of different sized panniers. Need to mod to cater for aftermarket exhaust.

2011 rack: Balanced equal length racks for same sized panniers. Need to mod to cater for aftermarket exhaust.

2012 rack: Same as 2011 but no need mods for aftermarket exhaust.

New 2012 rack is gg for around $380 at MTechnik. But have to wait or next shipment I think.

#ShutUp_and_Ride

• 2 weeks later...
thx bro Trailblazer for heading to the right direction..

I agree with AJ, XT660Z is not the dissapointment.. I was referring to HL as being the dissapointment factor. Simply by saying there's no market for this type of bike in Singapore is just not the right excuse for a consumer like me but itis right for their business sense.

I was looking forward for HL to bring in the XT660Z when it was 1st launched. But i was dissapointed.

2 years on, heard Loois brought it in with exorbitant selling price for a single engine bike. I was disspointed again. And I think I am not the only one here.

I hope I won't be 3rd time lucky..

If HL been looking at GS's sale figures, I think that the Ten12 can give the GSs some hard competition being that it's Japanese. Provided, HL is willing to bring the bike in. IF we get shops to parallel import it in, we will get prices as the Ten660.

I hope the price range for the Ten12 with panniers will be ard the FJR sale value.

The problem with the 'Germans' here is that the selling price of it is too high. Especially when a brand new GS ADV cost less than a brand new R1 in UK. Parts and agent service (labour) prices are also ridiculously priced. Mebbe i am just an ordinary man.

I agree with AJ as well on his last post.. I do love something different.. something new.. but of course price must be right as well..

Hi bro,

sorry to cut in, i know its an old post..

But I just bought Tenere XT660Z 2012 model from Loois last week - I choose Tenere 660 coz Tenere 1200 is too heavy for me :( haiz i really want the Tenere 1200 :(

As for the price tag, its very very very reasonable...all in including COE, Tax here Tax there, IU and Insurance is $21000 (Machine is $17000)

Much Much Much chaper den Tmax500 & 530

http://www3.picturepush.com/photo/a/14045926/640/14045926.jpg

Hi bro,

sorry to cut in, i know its an old post..

But I just bought Tenere XT660Z 2012 model from Loois last week - I choose Tenere 660 coz Tenere 1200 is too heavy for me :( haiz i really want the Tenere 1200 :(

As for the price tag, its very very very reasonable...all in including COE, Tax here Tax there, IU and Insurance is $21000 (Machine is $17000)

Much Much Much chaper den Tmax500 & 530

Looks like you have made your decision. Thanks for the interest anyway.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=224954

2B(8/09);2A(10/10);2(12/11)

Derbi "Black Maverick" Terra 125 (8/09-9/12)

Honda "Burly Bison" Varadero XL1000V1 (10/11-12/12)

Ducati "Banded Mustang" Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP (12/12-)

Vespa "Vicki" GT200 (05/14-)

"Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity."

• 4 weeks later...

Singapore Ténéré Owners Group (STOG) & Friends' Endau Rompin Bash 2012.

24 bikes in all consisting:

• 2 BMW GSAs

• 1 BMW F800GS

• 2 KTM Adventures

• 1 Varadero 1000

• 1 WR250

• 3 Ténéré XT660

• 14 Super Ténéré XT1200

Well done boys!!!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/10/14/ypuhe8a2.jpg

#ShutUp_and_Ride

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, am planning to get a Tenere 1200 within the next few months.

Not in a hurry to get one actually since i still have my trusty bike.

But i have read up local and foreign forums pretty extensively on this bike, the KTM 990ADV and the 1200GS.

Due to price range and affordability, my choices were the KTM and the Tenere but riding a shaft bike currently, the choice pretty obvious that i have started to pretty much forget the pain of living with a chain! Hahaha!

Any recommendations on package deals from dealers on the S10?

I understand that some dealers include the side panniers, bash plate etc etc when u buy the S10.

Any recommendations?

Thank you bros and sis