SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha XT1200Z Super Tenere

maxbg

I have seen the bike, its actually 400KM.

The interest rate quoted was 7%.

When you calculate the total cost against a new bike of 4.5%-5% interest, its almost the same price!!

Better get new..

hmm... my interest is much lower for my S10 (2nd hand)..

if you know Wilson, would be able to get good interest rates.. then again to each its own..

Thanks to all bros that took thier time to attend today joy ride.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5329/sbfs103107.jpg

wahhh... when can i join...???

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm... my interest is much lower for my S10 (2nd hand)..

if you know Wilson, would be able to get good interest rates.. then again to each its own..

wahhh... when can i join...???

Different... U sbf moderator, they give face. Haa.

Anyway, when's your tp? U already got ya bike le right? Start adding the farkles yet? :)

Well, there's always e first time, n at least i got u guys watching out for me. I hope for a next time soon.

I'm sure there is more next time...lol

I waiting for Richard to lead us to MY offroad.keke

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7007/sbfs101.jpg

RIDE it while u can.....NOT when u want !.

Different... U sbf moderator, they give face. Haa.

Anyway, when's your tp? U already got ya bike le right? Start adding the farkles yet? :)

no lah.. Wilson dunno.. i bought bikes from him since 19yrs old, probably that's why..

TP's on 18th Aug.. another long 18days!!! Bike's waiting there..

Just bought levers, on the way from HK..

order the pillon rack for top box too..

now contemplating which protection parts to buy first, should be the engine guards and handguards first..

I'm sure there is more next time...lol

I waiting for Richard to lead us to MY offroad.keke

hmm.. Malaysia, maybe Endau Rompin, if not we'll try something small @ Nusajaya. Malaysia terrain slightly tricky & technical. May have to practice some fundamental locally first.

hmm.. Malaysia, maybe Endau Rompin, if not we'll try something small @ Nusajaya. Malaysia terrain slightly tricky & technical. May have to practice some fundamental locally first.

With the stock tire,rompin is too tough.

Been there with a kdx200 & ktm LC400. The latter prove to be more tiring.

Lets go mild 1st on the S10....keke

Edited by hockie69

SR2_2719.jpg

SR2_2721.jpg

SR2_2724.jpg

Hi guys.. Where is this place? Tot of venturing it wif my GS.

Appreciate the help

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!

With the stock tire,rompin is too tough.

Been there with a kdk200 & ktm LC400. The latter prove to be more tiring.

Lets go mild 1st on the S10....keke

Going mild no problem, As long we enjoy the ride as a community of the same bike as well as others would like to join in the ride. I believe why the forum are here for us to communicate and share.

But on d another note I've also come across ST11, STX13, Goldwinger, KTM990(with pillion & side panniers), as well as GS & (A)(F)800/1200 doing the trail with their stock tires (some worst with their original cast rims, also whack thru) with full loop the entire 40+ km route.

Anyway that's is provided they are freaking loaded and ready for any breakdown or to bear heavy servicing after the ride. :cool:

So it up to us on our personal capability / mentally or physically ready to do this kind of rides. But I guess the only factor that is stopping some guys out there are due to the consequences to bear after any breakdowns.:(

I heard there's some trail at GP?

Yes, they are a few there indeed. The muddy condition can be worst than the Sunday condition what we experience @ punngol side .... we can give it a try if we want to go over there over the weekends and end off with a nice lunch or dinner along the coast line for sea food (orang laut)village

Sharing a recent knowledge recently shared to me by a friend. As I discussed with Richard on Sunday, why sometimes our steel bracket get rust/corrode easily.. That's sometimes because of mixing different metal type together. Please let me know if this isn't relevant though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

Extract:

"Galvanic corrosion is an electrochemical process in which one metal corrodes preferentially to another when both metals are in electrical contact and immersed in an electrolyte."

What it means briefly is that, when we put metals of different kind together, we might risk accelerating the corrosion of the other type; the less noble type. You could refer to the anodic index at the bottom. The higher the index, the less noble, and thus easier to corrode. Example, if you put gold together with iron, the iron will corrode faster.

The purpose of knowing this, is to identify the brackets, accessories material to be installed on the bike if you want to minimize rust/corrosion.

For example, in the event you have to install aluminum next to steel, then you could install plastic washer, or do coating or anything to prevent contact.

Hope the knowledge helps.

Yes, they are a few there indeed. The muddy condition can be worst than the Sunday condition what we experience @ punngol side .... we can give it a try if we want to go over there over the weekends and end off with a nice lunch or dinner along the coast line for sea food (orang laut)village

This sounds like a plan.

Put a date ! :thumb:

Going mild no problem, As long we enjoy the ride as a community of the same bike as well as others would like to join in the ride. I believe why the forum are here for us to communicate and share.

I reckon it "to each it own" regard venture into any activities that involve risk.

Regarding riding in similar capability bikes.I will surely ride in similar packs.it is more enjoyable.

The whole idea is to enjoy & have fun during the course of activity and not suffer while at it.:thumb:

This place is in the tanah merah trail. :)

Thanks whyzee.. If u guys dun mind can i tag along with ur upcoming trail trip? Just wanna test the capability of my GS there. Hope its alrite wif u guys.

But i can only do it in Sept onwards after the fasting month though.

Btw i heard the terrain is rather difficult wif big bikes is tat true? But u guys made it look effortless though. Never been inside so i dun know.

http://i3.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/-1/draft_lens5271672module39663012photo_12448116942008-BMW-R1200GS-Adventureb-small.jpg

What's an ADVENTURE??

EVERYTHING!!