SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MOST of the technical term on KR150 (kawasaki Kips)

the mechanic also told me my clutch plate is burned also but still can use. do i need to change it urgently? for new clutch plates, he quoted me $90. is that normal price or can i get cheaper?

anyway thanks for answering my questions in previous posts. really love this thread. useful for noobs like me

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so it is advisable to whack abit during running in period?

i would say anything below 9 is the safe zone.. :)

*that's for mine.. but if you overhaul the entire engine including the gears.. dun wack until you hit the mileage allowed .. :)

the mechanic also told me my clutch plate is burned also but still can use. do i need to change it urgently? for new clutch plates, he quoted me $90. is that normal price or can i get cheaper?

anyway thanks for answering my questions in previous posts. really love this thread. useful for noobs like me

for the clutch plates, when you wan to kick to netrual is it extremely hard to find? if still can find and no problem while changing gears.. dun worry.. still usable... :)

the price is plus minus $20.. yours is around that range.. :)

thanks.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

yup.. mostly is the steering cone.. but.. KR one if you tighten it, isn't it will be more restricted?

normally should be change already.. :)

ur rite bro. i tightened it but still the same. so went in jb and found my nearings all clumped together!!!!

changed bearings and now no more probs. corner like sayur already, hahaha

"the oldest kind of Fear, is Fear of the Unknown..."

ur rite bro. i tightened it but still the same. so went in jb and found my nearings all clumped together!!!!

changed bearings and now no more probs. corner like sayur already, hahaha

lolx.. nice to hear that now corner like sayur~~ :p

Take care and cya soon.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

i think my front disc brake have been eaten too much because whenever i use front brake, i can feel jerking movement. is it time for me to change my front disc brake?

bro.. sometime it might be your brake pad instead.. plus the raining season recently.. i would suggest you check your disc with another kr's disc.. see if yours is "eaten" alot anot.. anyway, just feel the disc AFTER you have stop around for 5 min and above.. scare too hot..

touch from the inner disc to the outer.. feel the uneven surface.. check your friend's one and yours..

the more uneven means the more it has been eaten.. :)

guys, some question to ask,

1. When u turn on ignition, not yet kick start..if u press the rear brake will brake light flash

2.Do u have to step very hard on the rear brake to activate the brake light ? how to make it more sensitive, step lightly will have brake light liao. I using racing footrestm there is 1 spring attached, once u press the rear brake , the spring will stretech to activalte brake light

Edited by YEN96

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/05/16/bikepics-589321-full.jpg

double post...

guys, some question to ask,

1. When u turn on ignition, not yet kick start..if u press the rear brake will brake light flash

2.Do u have to step very hard on the rear brake to activate the brake light ? how to make it more sensitive, step lightly will have brake light liao. I using racing footrestm there is 1 spring attached, once u press the rear brake , the spring will stretech to activalte brake light

1) yup.. normal.. back rear light will light up once you press the brakes..

2) possible to adjust the spring.. you have to "re-adjust" the spring that's connected to your footrest, (the spring you are referring to)

re-adjust would means, bend the metal "slightly" more.. remember.. each MM counts.. dun adjust until the brake light is on all the way.. LOLX... :)

1) yup.. normal.. back rear light will light up once you press the brakes..

2) possible to adjust the spring.. you have to "re-adjust" the spring that's connected to your footrest, (the spring you are referring to)

re-adjust would means, bend the metal "slightly" more.. remember.. each MM counts.. dun adjust until the brake light is on all the way.. LOLX... :)

Ok, did some diy trial and error. For those on racing footrest, there is a rear brake pump usually bolt onto the footpegs. Then there is another sensor ( There is wires going up and a spring at the bottom ). To set sensitivity , u can either adjust the vertical level of this sensor or adjust the spring. U can it more sensivitive, step a bit got brake light flash, adjust the sensor higher or shorten the spring. Brake light flash is acivated when u depress pedal and spring pulls this sensor.

ya, have some fun , and dun adjust until brake lights on all the way HAHA...jus on the ignition , dun need kick start, then adjust, use ur hand to depress see how much u want

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

Ok, did some diy trial and error. For those on racing footrest, there is a rear brake pump usually bolt onto the footpegs. Then there is another sensor ( There is wires going up and a spring at the bottom ). To set sensitivity , u can either adjust the vertical level of this sensor or adjust the spring. U can it more sensivitive, step a bit got brake light flash, adjust the sensor higher or shorten the spring. Brake light flash is acivated when u depress pedal and spring pulls this sensor.

ya, have some fun , and dun adjust until brake lights on all the way HAHA...jus on the ignition , dun need kick start, then adjust, use ur hand to depress see how much u want

yup yup... that's how it is... =)

Hi, anyone knows where to get a set of BT39 tires for the cheapest price? i plan to use 90/80 front and 120/80 rear.

around $200(+/-$20~40).. have to ask the bike shops.. :)

desmond, your rear brake light how sensitive ?? light tap will flash liao ?

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

desmond, your rear brake light how sensitive ?? light tap will flash liao ?

lolx.. no need too sensitive.. Mine is just nice.. tap abit dun have.. tap normal have..

*something have the habit of putting my leg on top of the level.. so adjust until just nice for me.. :)

Hi bros . Just got my kr 3 days back and I must say IRS impressive! Used to ride sp and 125z and compare e power of kr...sucha nice 2 stoker to play with. I have no complains for e bike..but just wanna ask..what's e tyre pressure u guys normally pump? Like 32psi? 34psi? Does it apply e same as cars whereby front tyre pressure is higher then rear tyre? TIA...! =)

may ***** grant you e serenity to accept the things that you cannot change, e courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference....:cool:

Honda NSR SP

Honda Jazz

Yamaha 125Z

Kawasaki KR

Aprilia RS 125

Chevrolet Aveo

Vespa GT 200

Yamaha Jupiter MX

Hi bros . Just got my kr 3 days back and I must say IRS impressive! Used to ride sp and 125z and compare e power of kr...sucha nice 2 stoker to play with. I have no complains for e bike..but just wanna ask..what's e tyre pressure u guys normally pump? Like 32psi? 34psi? Does it apply e same as cars whereby front tyre pressure is higher then rear tyre? TIA...! =)

lolx.. what is IRS? lolx..

tyre pressure normal depending on your tyres..

for mine..

90/80 = 35 PSI

110/80 = 41 PSI

:)

lolx.. what is IRS? lolx..

tyre pressure normal depending on your tyres..

for mine..

90/80 = 35 PSI

110/80 = 41 PSI

:)

sorry bro..typo la..wanted to type "its"..anyway desmond...for kr kinda bikes where would u recommend to do up or check lil lil things? im staying in e east side. =)

may ***** grant you e serenity to accept the things that you cannot change, e courage to change the things you can, and the wisdom to know the difference....:cool:

Honda NSR SP

Honda Jazz

Yamaha 125Z

Kawasaki KR

Aprilia RS 125

Chevrolet Aveo

Vespa GT 200

Yamaha Jupiter MX

sorry bro..typo la..wanted to type "its"..anyway desmond...for kr kinda bikes where would u recommend to do up or check lil lil things? im staying in e east side. =)

nice.. east side.. planet at ubi.. which part of east you stay.. dun tell me you are the new fellow near my hse? right side gone one.. signal lights also gone.. LOL... :p

nice.. east side.. planet at ubi.. which part of east you stay.. dun tell me you are the new fellow near my hse? right side gone one.. signal lights also gone.. LOL... :p

Sorry ah bro. Apparently I'm not e "fellow" u mentioned. =) I'm staying Tampines st 21 near afghan area. Recently moved here frm amk..=) thanks for e advise. Will check out planet soon. is there any thread like a gallery showcasing our kr designs?

Honda NSR SP

Honda Jazz

Yamaha 125Z

Kawasaki KR

Aprilia RS 125

Chevrolet Aveo

Vespa GT 200

Yamaha Jupiter MX

err.. not really.. but if you have fb.. you can add me first.. den from there you can add alot more people.. if not go to this thread first.. den know more KR people also.. :p

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=122332151154835&ref=ts

Join us on our outing also can.. :)

i think my front disc brake have been eaten too much because whenever i use front brake, i can feel jerking movement. is it time for me to change my front disc brake?

maybe your brake piston jammed, brake pad uneven wear, or disc brake warped. got alot of factors! go check slowly!

memento mori

NSR150SP

RVF400

CBR600F4i

CBR600RR

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/ristorap/smilieRR.gif

maybe your brake piston jammed, brake pad uneven wear, or disc brake warped. got alot of factors! go check slowly!

U can start by servicing ur brake piston first. After that, change to original brake pump kit(not the whole brake reservoir).

Or simply, ask mechanic what the hell is happening cause he knows better than most of us.

Past: RXZ, KR, R1 07

Present : Wave S

How it feels like when you pass TP

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1j2s91VkL1qcsknu.gif

bro, is it ok if i start my bike with the choke on every morning when i was about to go to work. Is there any effect to the engine in the long run?

nope.. no worries about it.. the choke is there for a purpose.. if it will damage your bike, i'm sure they wun have choke for you also.. lol..

just remember to off it when you about to move off.. :)