SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MOST of the technical term on KR150 (kawasaki Kips)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys looking for info on the charging system on my son's krr 150 resistance readings at coils and voltage readings at rectifier. Any info or links to manual will be appreciated

wow.. You diying the resistance coil and rectifier? Or just installing Volt meter? If volt meter, tap onto the ignition point so that when you turn on your switch, your volt meter will be powered on.

If you are DIYing the coil and rectifier, I don't remember seeing any manual advising on the exact voltage as anything wrong or "what-so-ever" could burst up in flames. Sorry I can't be of much help.

Good evening ppl. Just bought a set of racing footrest but I'm missing 1 component to fix it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]321650[/ATTACH]

Anyone know where can I get this part from? Thanks in advance.

As per Uncle Alvin from KRR page, just go to Malaysia or any bike shop and ask.

Dun fix, racing footrest is illegal by LTA.

It's now Grey to legal depending on the way you install the footrest and the height of it. Not all are illegal. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• 2 months later...
anyway to mod fuel consum? mine now full tank goes about 200km good or bad?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

200 is considered normal. If ur riding stylebis smooth between 80-90kph, u can save more

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

http://www.amague.com/ps/krr.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, got a few questions to ask

1) front and back wheel felt some wobbling, where can I fix it and how much would it cost?

2) sometime when I'm at the traffic light, there's some white smoke coming from my handlebar, what's causing it?

Hi Guys! Sorry for the late late reply as I seldom log in forums already. :D

anyway to mod fuel consum? mine now full tank goes about 200km good or bad?

Normal, if you wan better FC, you have to mod some stuff and your fuel will go up estimated 250.. but you sacrifice power..

200 is considered normal. If ur riding stylebis smooth between 80-90kph, u can save more

Indeed.. :) Slower save more.. :D

Hi guys, got a few questions to ask

1) front and back wheel felt some wobbling, where can I fix it and how much would it cost?

2) sometime when I'm at the traffic light, there's some white smoke coming from my handlebar, what's causing it?

1) might be bearing or wheel uneven, need to check to know more details..

2) white smoke? Doesn't sound good.. Unless you spray some stuff recently or it's raining.. else there's a huge possibility that something is leaking and your exhaust is "vaporising" it.. :)

wobble sometimes tyre no air. or swing arm is faulty. these two were what i encounter.

:thumb: :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

Originally Posted by steve955 View Post

Hi guys looking for info on the charging system on my son's krr 150 resistance readings at coils and voltage readings at rectifier. Any info or links to manual will be appreciated

wow.. You diying the resistance coil and rectifier? Or just installing Volt meter? If volt meter, tap onto the ignition point so that when you turn on your switch, your volt meter will be powered on.

If you are DIYing the coil and rectifier, I don't remember seeing any manual advising on the exact voltage as anything wrong or "what-so-ever" could burst up in flames. Sorry I can't be of much help.

I tink steve955 meant checking the condition of the rectifier and coil using a multimeter tru resistance readings...read it in hayne's manuals of various bikes of how to do it but im a lousy electrical person at it....

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, newbie rider here.

As i was riding on expressway, with a consistent speed of 90-100km/hr, i noticed the bike started to lose power.

The feeling is as though it was running out of petrol. Like one moment the throttle is fine, next moment when open throttle the bike simply gives a sound like its dying out.

After a few moments of these, opening the throttle will finally have no more effect on the bike. The bike loses power and eventually the engine dies.

After a few minutes of stopping at the expressway shoulder, the bike seems to be alright again, then about 5km or so, the same "throttle problem" comes about and i have to keep stopping and starting on the shoulder otherwise cant even get home.

After exit expressway, at speeds of 50-70km/hr, the bike does not seem to give this problem.

Checked coolant and 2T plenty of both left in bike. For petrol im sure theres at least 9L inside coz i just pumped ytd.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Anything i can possibly adjust on the bike to rectify this?

Hi all, newbie rider here.

As i was riding on expressway, with a consistent speed of 90-100km/hr, i noticed the bike started to lose power.

The feeling is as though it was running out of petrol. Like one moment the throttle is fine, next moment when open throttle the bike simply gives a sound like its dying out.

After a few moments of these, opening the throttle will finally have no more effect on the bike. The bike loses power and eventually the engine dies.

After a few minutes of stopping at the expressway shoulder, the bike seems to be alright again, then about 5km or so, the same "throttle problem" comes about and i have to keep stopping and starting on the shoulder otherwise cant even get home.

After exit expressway, at speeds of 50-70km/hr, the bike does not seem to give this problem.

Checked coolant and 2T plenty of both left in bike. For petrol im sure theres at least 9L inside coz i just pumped ytd.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Anything i can possibly adjust on the bike to rectify this?

whens the last time u service your carb.

how long is your ride till now, is this the 1st time u encounter this

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

Yes its the first time i have encountered this.

After speaking to some friends, i have decided to bring it back to the shop i bought it from. Coz apparently its still under their "1 month warranty".

Will update again.

Last time I had same issue

Root cause is fuel filter dirty, when u reach certain speed, bike will consume more petrol. Filter dirty will have impact on fuel supply.

If u wait while like 5 mins, u can start engine again

Update: PROBLEM SOLVED!

Many workshops (including the shop i bought it from) were closed for 4 days straight due to the SG50 holidays. I decided i did not want to wait.

So at a speed no more than 55km/hr the whole time, i decided to enter malaysia. Lol.

I went to Hou Heng at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak Susur 4 (aka Jalan Bapok or Ah Gua Lane).

Met the boss, explained my problems, and he got his 2 mechanics to do the work + a test ride.

This is what they did:

-Clean Carb

-Replaced a plastic thing which i believe is the "fuel filter" (the original on my bike was filthy and almost completely filled with black deposits)

-Replaced the electrical connector to make my petrol and temperature gauges work

-Adjust 2T intake

-Adjust petrol intake

-Adjust clutch (Engine would sometimes die out while stationary just as i engage first gear)

Totalled up to 100RM. Or SGD$36

Was it a good price? Im not sure.

On the way back i could finally throttle more aggressively and also do 120-130 with no more engine dying. So problem solved. :)

Many workshops (including the shop i bought it from) were closed for 4 days straight due to the SG50 holidays. I decided i did not want to wait.

So at a speed no more than 55km/hr the whole time, i decided to enter malaysia. Lol.

I went to Hou Heng at Jalan Tun Abdul Razak Susur 4 (aka Jalan Bapok or Ah Gua Lane).

Met the boss, explained my problems, and he got his 2 mechanics to do the work + a test ride.

This is what they did:

-Clean Carb

-Replaced a plastic thing which i believe is the "fuel filter" (the original on my bike was filthy and almost completely filled with black deposits)

-Replaced the electrical connector to make my petrol and temperature gauges work

-Adjust 2T intake

-Adjust petrol intake

-Adjust clutch (Engine would sometimes die out while stationary just as i engage first gear)

On the way back i could finally throttle more aggressively and also do 120-130 with no more engine dying. So problem solved. :)

Sure cheap for price that you cant get here....

Actually, no need to change plastic,just wash it. Original plastic much better than non original one.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is what they did:

-Clean Carb

-Adjust 2T intake

-Adjust petrol intake

Yup, fuel issue will cost that problem..

any1 got try change biger than sport rim rear 18 x 2.15?

Not recommended if you wan to use your KR for long term

hi can anyone help? my krr 150 rpm when at idling in neutral gear is not stable the needle does not stay but keeps moving slightly. What is the cause of this ?

Perfectly normal unless you wan to change your speedo meter.

I'm having kick start problems with my kr. Any tips and suggestions bro?

Hi. I can't seem to kick start my kr. What's the problem and how do I solve it. Tired a lot of ways to start already but still failed

I can't seem to kick start my kr and I already tried many ways to kick start it but still failed. Any captain here

2 things to take note,

1st - Carb when did you last wash?

2nd - Spark plug last changed?

Remember to on choke

• admin unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

Hi I had my krr for a year now. I’ve seen people in Indonesia installing wider rims on theirs and it looks cool af. Where can I find those rims in sg? How does rim conversions work if I wanna use another rim to fit my bike?

10 hours ago, Koarze said:

Hi I had my krr for a year now. I’ve seen people in Indonesia installing wider rims on theirs and it looks cool af. Where can I find those rims in sg? How does rim conversions work if I wanna use another rim to fit my bike?

Not possible in Singapore unless it's included in our default settings.  Traffic police will tow your bike if you modify to other bike's wheels. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2021 at 6:12 AM, rogerkali said:

nice one! dont have to ask on kr thread alr. just read here can alr. haha. but soon i'll have questions alr. bike kinda have more and more prob coming alr. pocket no money then new wife giving me problems. headaches.

no prob.. any questions about Kawasaki Kips 150, I'll try my best to answer.. ride it for about 13 years.. :)