SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia RSV4-Quattro a new beginning

tervintan

The bike is pretty hot for riding in the traffic..

The heat originates from the left side of the bike, heating the left butt cheek to medium rare..

Just wrapped it with the high-temp exhaust wrap..

Let's see if my arse will be left rare..

Xixy Where u got it wrapped?

Running stock headers? I seldom ride in the day so still quite rare. Hahahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/danielsin2/800_3108.jpg

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo Daniel,

Wrapped it myself.. Pretty straight forward job.. Just requires some delicate finger movements to get through the "cleavages".. :)

Wrapped the "Y" pipe below all the way to underseat..

Using a Leo Vince carbon with stock headers..

The wraps aren't cheap so gonna try it out this weekend first, if works will perhaps wrap the headers as well..

Which version you riding?

Yo Daniel,

Wrapped it myself.. Pretty straight forward job.. Just requires some delicate finger movements to get through the "cleavages".. :)

Wrapped the "Y" pipe below all the way to underseat..

Using a Leo Vince carbon with stock headers..

The wraps aren't cheap so gonna try it out this weekend first, if works will perhaps wrap the headers as well..

Which version you riding?

Same LeoVince carbon with stock headers. R model haha. Update me the progress man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/danielsin2/800_3108.jpg

Yo Daniel,

Took the bike to work today.. Heat was better controlled with the wraps..

Thinking of getting more wrap to do the headers as well..

Was revving at high 120's when I saw a TP hidden on the left at CTE.. Thanks goodness, he didn't give chase.. Otherwise, he'll definitely smell some Leo Vince smoke..

:p

Yo Daniel,

Took the bike to work today.. Heat was better controlled with the wraps..

Thinking of getting more wrap to do the headers as well..

Was revving at high 120's when I saw a TP hidden on the left at CTE.. Thanks goodness, he didn't give chase.. Otherwise, he'll definitely smell some Leo Vince smoke..

:p

to me rsv not so hot lei my r1 04 more jialat that the coolant cap burst lol

Yup.. Factory with the blings..

When's the next kopi session for the V4 guys?

Thread is pretty quiet.. Just like the Guzzi thread..

I think I should own like an R1 or a Busa with a chatty section.. :p

u organize lei ......

Sent from my B92 using Tapatalk 2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82454896@N07/7554745564/

samurai8410:

With the exhaust wrap done under the seat area, it's much better now.. Just bought another roll of wrap so will be doing the headers pretty soon..

I organize a coffee session? Sure if there kaki's.. Who's keen?

Guys:

There have been not many discussions on the "Red Service Light" issue online.. I've experienced this first hand thus I'd like to share it to add to the knowledge base..

During a regular ride, the red service light came on.. It went off by itself for a while before reappearing again..

When turning the ignition on, there's a strange noise emanating from the right hand side of the bike.. Sounds like the fuel pump but slightly louder.. Riding wasn't effected, electronics all working.. Until recently, the light stayed on.. Brought it in to Mah to be diagnosed.. Found out that the exhaust valve actuator is faulty that lead to the throttle cable (both in & return) damaged by it.. According to Kenny, it's a common fault in RSV4's.. Quick fix but not exactly cheap..

Cost as follows:

Exhaust valve actuator - $400+

Cables (both in & return0 - $40+ each

Labour - not inclusive

Though it's not an "expensive" fix but thought to share this..

Catch you guys soon..

samurai8410:

With the exhaust wrap done under the seat area, it's much better now.. Just bought another roll of wrap so will be doing the headers pretty soon..

I organize a coffee session? Sure if there kaki's.. Who's keen?

Guys:

There have been not many discussions on the "Red Service Light" issue online.. I've experienced this first hand thus I'd like to share it to add to the knowledge base..

During a regular ride, the red service light came on.. It went off by itself for a while before reappearing again..

When turning the ignition on, there's a strange noise emanating from the right hand side of the bike.. Sounds like the fuel pump but slightly louder.. Riding wasn't effected, electronics all working.. Until recently, the light stayed on.. Brought it in to Mah to be diagnosed.. Found out that the exhaust valve actuator is faulty that lead to the throttle cable (both in & return) damaged by it.. According to Kenny, it's a common fault in RSV4's.. Quick fix but not exactly cheap..

Cost as follows:

Exhaust valve actuator - $400+

Cables (both in & return0 - $40+ each

Labour - not inclusive

Though it's not an "expensive" fix but thought to share this..

Catch you guys soon..

im keen! i also tot of wrapping up my rsv but no time already have the exhaust wrap.... my akra no more already :*(

btw the sound that u mentioned "strange noise emanating from the right hand side of the bike." how it really sounds like?

coz usually my bike when i turn the ignition on theres a so called "auto valve" moving. but then after i ride it like i stole it at 2nd link the sound of the "auto valve" sounds differently its like stuck and some peanuts in it... and riding wasnt affected too..... any idea?

Hi all, I just got my v4 just a week or two ago and I am maintaining a blog for my and hopefully to the benefit of others on this forum. I encourage you to chime in!

Join me at the v4 project.

See you there!

"Due to the unfortunate accident of the coolant joint leaking. Spots of evaporated radiator residue could be seen on the exhaust canister." had that problem too. got into accident my radiator is destroyed. looks like the coolant not strong man btw nice blog!

samurai:

Exactly.. It reminds me of roasting peanuts..

The exhaust valve actuator can cause the cables to fry as well.. Spoken to Kenny earlier today at Mah & he told me that it's part of wear and tear as the parts mentioned are located near a lot of engine heat..

My bike rides much better now.. I'll continue with the wrap this weekend hopefully to improve heat management of the bike..

Will also be replicating the Australian RSV4 Carbon Edition pretty soon.. :p

samurai:

The exhaust valve actuator can cause the cables to fry as well.. Spoken to Kenny earlier today at Mah & he told me that it's part of wear and tear as the parts mentioned are located near a lot of engine heat..

My bike rides much better now.. I'll continue with the wrap this weekend hopefully to improve heat management of the bike..

hmm looks like my bike time is up to change the valve actuator. they have ready stock? urs is r of factory?

samurai:

Is there an option to remove the exhaust valve actuator altogether?Does it affect the ride as you have experience?

samurai:

Yup.. They carry the part(s) & have stock available. Do look for Kenny to make your servicing slightly "speedier".. Labour for this job is $60.

I'm riding a Factory model.

srady:

I don't think you can remove the actuator. Maybe you can be the first one to try out? :p

Heard from Kenny that a faulty actuator can cause lost of power in lower gears.. Mm..

Just got my parts "carbon-fibered" thus will be putting them back on the bike & do the header wrap tomorrow..

Can't wait to whack that V4 to live again.. Muahaha..

btw mine have not reach 2 years yet... hope its foc only pay labour fee...

I'm not entirely satisfied when warranty claims are concerned when it comes to dealing with sporting or mah per se. I don't see any justification that I should pay for the coolant when the part that had to be changed would mean a coolant flush regardless of it being replaced prior or after the part failure. So irregardless, I have to pay $38 for the coolant. And of course, no one's complaining because we cannot afford but it's just approaching a service oriented business the wrong way.

Almost had an altercation with the employee. So I offered to pay for the part and the workmanship with the dealer absorbing the tow back from PG and coolant but obviously they 'kindly' declined my offer.

But with that said, I'm hoping to purchase a couple of quick disconnects for brake hoses so that I can swap between calipers and do some maintenance without having to dangle the calipers by the hose nor bleed the brakes each time I do so and maybe a stahlbus oil drain valve and a set of wheels. If anyone is interested, do let me know, it'll be good to get a few orders going so that it's cheaper by the dozen -no pun intended.

Cheers everyone.

I'm not entirely satisfied when warranty claims are concerned when it comes to dealing with sporting or mah per se. I don't see any justification that I should pay for the coolant when the part that had to be changed would mean a coolant flush regardless of it being replaced prior or after the part failure. So irregardless, I have to pay $38 for the coolant. And of course, no one's complaining because we cannot afford but it's just approaching a service oriented business the wrong way.

Almost had an altercation with the employee. So I offered to pay for the part and the workmanship with the dealer absorbing the tow back from PG and coolant but obviously they 'kindly' declined my offer.

But with that said, I'm hoping to purchase a couple of quick disconnects for brake hoses so that I can swap between calipers and do some maintenance without having to dangle the calipers by the hose nor bleed the brakes each time I do so and maybe a stahlbus oil drain valve and a set of wheels. If anyone is interested, do let me know, it'll be good to get a few orders going so that it's cheaper by the dozen -no pun intended.

Cheers everyone.

But I get to change gearbox with no hassle and no question asked... Oh wait I didn't do at mah instead they redirect me to sporting motors all foc even labour fee. And dont mind if I ask what happen to your braking system that needs regular maintenance? or is it u track regularly?

Besides warranty claims, it's usually down to who you know & if it benefits them..

I've had Moto Guzzi before, they refused to take in & parts were hardly available even though they're the sole agent.

I've had 3 Rocket 3's prior as well, they refused as a trade-in bike as they have too many Rockets on sale.

Mm...