SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Aprilia RSV4-Quattro a new beginning

tervintan

Besides warranty claims, it's usually down to who you know & if it benefits them..

I've had Moto Guzzi before, they refused to take in & parts were hardly available even though they're the sole agent.

I've had 3 Rocket 3's prior as well, they refused as a trade-in bike as they have too many Rockets on sale.

Mm...

its useless to sell if they wont be bringing in the parts, whats the point anyway... by you buying the bike had already benefits them.... what a shop. suay suay ur guzzi piston seize no parts coming in ? ur bike will be stranded man lol
http://www.flickr.com/photos/82454896@N07/7554745564/

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey samurai:

Yeah.. Tough luck.. Normal servicing & troubleshooting no problems but specific parts need to order.. And it's normally faster if you ship it yourself.. Triumph bikes are better now.. I'm not sure about Aprilia.. So far so good.. As for Moto Guzzi, sianz..

In fact I liked quite a few model of Guzzi's but am turned down by the local demand, resale price & dealership support..

Finally completed the header wrap.. The job is really tedious.. You need really small hands to reach the top of the front header & squeeze your way through.. My hands are still swollen from the exercise.. It does make a difference in heat control.. It's much more enjoyable to ride now with the heat away.. :p

After checking out the service manual, I think the Exhaust Valve Actuator (EVA) can be disabled & taken off the bike.

My guess is it's there to ensure compliance in sound emission when the bike is in neutral gearing.

If you can live with the red service light on all the time, why not?

Check out the attached on the EVA unit & the cables attached to it..

It's kind expensive for the small pulley unit plus 2 cables to go above 600 bucks..

I bet the cost is like less than 50 bucks for some plastic & metal wires..

RSV4 - Exhaust Valve Actuator.jpg

Hey samurai:

Yeah.. Tough luck.. Normal servicing & troubleshooting no problems but specific parts need to order.. And it's normally faster if you ship it yourself.. Triumph bikes are better now.. I'm not sure about Aprilia.. So far so good.. As for Moto Guzzi, sianz..

In fact I liked quite a few model of Guzzi's but am turned down by the local demand, resale price & dealership support..

Finally completed the header wrap.. The job is really tedious.. You need really small hands to reach the top of the front header & squeeze your way through.. My hands are still swollen from the exercise.. It does make a difference in heat control.. It's much more enjoyable to ride now with the heat away.. :p

aprillia parts i waited 2 months for the whole radiator setup.... hmmm i wann try to fix header wrap. bought but never use hehe and btw aprillia resale price is really low.. bought 33k now shop take in about 20k really upset man

After checking out the service manual, I think the Exhaust Valve Actuator (EVA) can be disabled & taken off the bike.

My guess is it's there to ensure compliance in sound emission when the bike is in neutral gearing.

It's kind expensive for the small pulley unit plus 2 cables to go above 600 bucks..

meaning if i take the eva out its ok? feel like taking it out and find replica of it IN A CHEAPER WAY...

btw u tried? my eva is kinda annoying man the sound getting worse

samurai:

Make sure you have at least 3 hours to do the headers.. It'll take a lot of patience too.. After wrapping it & securing the ends with stainless steel pipe clamps, start the bike.. You'll have a good time with the smoke for at least 15 minutes.. It smells like rotten eggs too.. Haha..

I think removing the EVA should be okay.. The function of the EVA is to "mute" the exhaust note while not in year.. Correct me if I'm wrong..

We ought to catch up for a coffee.. Think we're the only 2 blokes in the forum.. :p

But I get to change gearbox with no hassle and no question asked... Oh wait I didn't do at mah instead they redirect me to sporting motors all foc even labour fee. And dont mind if I ask what happen to your braking system that needs regular maintenance? or is it u track regularly?

I bought this bike with the sole intention of track use, I'm in the midst of sampling different types of braking configuration. Given that I run a 32/34 caliper there are a few permutations I can make with the brake setup. Hence the regular maintenance. Have bought a few sets of brake pads and rotors to see which suits me. I'm currently on the HP full floaters and am well pleased with them but I hear good things about Discacciati rotors so I might try them out the next track day. I'll clean my calipers inside and out after each track day. The oil drain valve would help me when I change oil once a month etc.

samurai:

Make sure you have at least 3 hours to do the headers.. It'll take a lot of patience too.. After wrapping it & securing the ends with stainless steel pipe clamps, start the bike.. You'll have a good time with the smoke for at least 15 minutes.. It smells like rotten eggs too.. Haha..

I think removing the EVA should be okay.. The function of the EVA is to "mute" the exhaust note while not in year.. Correct me if I'm wrong..

We ought to catch up for a coffee.. Think we're the only 2 blokes in the forum.. :p

haha used to hang out with them but most i know already sold off their bike... wah 3 hours. hmmm looks like i need alot of patience man.....ani1 else coffee session? im still waiting for my bike to discharge from bike shop.. lotsa major things to be done... ordeered new fairing?ferring? wadeva it is, it came in grey/black... but i wanted all black wth!

I bought this bike with the sole intention of track use, I'm in the midst of sampling different types of braking configuration. Given that I run a 32/34 caliper there are a few permutations I can make with the brake setup. Hence the regular maintenance. Have bought a few sets of brake pads and rotors to see which suits me. I'm currently on the HP full floaters and am well pleased with them but I hear good things about Discacciati rotors so I might try them out the next track day. I'll clean my calipers inside and out after each track day. The oil drain valve would help me when I change oil once a month etc.

Discacciati rotors costs atleast a grand i think but those are really good stuffs. but sometimes on stock i applied much pressure it tends to endo, on track my replica model needs alot of settings man haiyah rear brake is like **** tends to wobble from overbraking replica suspensions can do much but not that much tho.

I'm another bloke that's in here!

But I just ride a humble stock v4. Thinking of doing the exhaust wrap too. But just the rear half. How many meters did you use in total? Cover up 1/3 method?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii208/danielsin2/800_3108.jpg

Discacciati rotors costs atleast a grand i think but those are really good stuffs. but sometimes on stock i applied much pressure it tends to endo, on track my replica model needs alot of settings man haiyah rear brake is like **** tends to wobble from overbraking replica suspensions can do much but not that much tho.

Not sure if you are talking about the suspension now or the brake rotors. What fairings are you getting? I'd like another set of CRC myself.

samurai:

It's "fairing" I believe.. How does the aftermarket fairings fit? I've seen those China ones that suck real bad.. The portion close to the exhaust melted into molten lava.. :p Better be careful on those.. Don't wanna put your legs next to cheap melting plastic..

daniel:

Yo other bloke.. :p Glad that you're in here..

I bought my exhaust heat wrap from Autobac @ Kaki Bukit.. One roll should be more than enough for rear end wrap.. Get the titanium ones instead of the black ones.. I wrapped mine from the start of the header (closest to the engine block) to the catalytic converter box (if that's what it is).. Tighten on both ends with stainless steel hose clamps.. The rear portion is easier to wrap.. The front is a pain in the arse as it sits so close to the radiator..

Have you touched the fairing after a hard ride? The fairing is really hot. With the wrap, it improves that quite a bit..

I'll try & take some photos & post them up.. :p

So when's the next Italian espresso session?

Am the owner of Tuono V4r. Since I can't find a thread on that bike, I decided to be a lurker here instead! Regarding the valve actuator, looks like some guys have done it without getting service lights:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?262671-V4-exhaust-valve-cable-disconnection

Have you managed to do it? How is the performance up to 5k RPM now?

V4 > Inline3 > Inline4

samurai:

It's "fairing" I believe.. How does the aftermarket fairings fit? I've seen those China ones that suck real bad.. The portion close to the exhaust melted into molten lava.. :p Better be careful on those.. Don't wanna put your legs next to cheap melting plastic..

daniel:

I bought my exhaust heat wrap from Autobac @ Kaki Bukit.. One roll should be more than enough for rear end wrap.. Get the titanium ones instead of the black ones.. I wrapped mine from the start of the header (closest to the engine block) to the catalytic converter box (if that's what it is).. Tighten on both ends with stainless steel hose clamps.. The rear portion is easier to wrap.. The front is a pain in the arse as it sits so close to the radiator..

Have you touched the fairing after a hard ride? The fairing is really hot. With the wrap, it improves that quite a bit..

Nice. There's a guy on forum selling 10bucks a meter. Maybe ill get from him haha. Yup man the photos will help!!

Would love to catch up and chat about our rides. :)

For those looking for aftermarket fairings (race or street) for the RSVR/Factory do check out BHH. They are in the advertisers forum.

BHH has aftermarket fairings for rsv4?! That's a surprise!

Am the owner of Tuono V4r. Since I can't find a thread on that bike, I decided to be a lurker here instead! Regarding the valve actuator, looks like some guys have done it without getting service lights:

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?262671-V4-exhaust-valve-cable-disconnection

J, no need to bother with the exhaust valve, may I suggest a group buy for Akra full system? I'm IN! How you find the gearing for the tuono?

Rest of the forum members: I'm going to be buying some stuff from AF1, if you need ANY thing from them, do let me know. I can let you guys tag on to the shipping. I'm shipping big boxes so I guess I should have space!

I'm another bloke that's in here!

But I just ride a humble stock v4. Thinking of doing the exhaust wrap too. But just the rear half. How many meters did you use in total? Cover up 1/3 method?

wah daniel u bought whose bike? saw u lurking around garage sale on rsv4 lol at last u bought it

Not sure if you are talking about the suspension now or the brake rotors. What fairings are you getting? I'd like another set of CRC myself.

its about my suspension settings.. i bought the oem 2012 model fairing...... how much is the crc.

samurai:

daniel:

i bought the oem one from mah motor.. i SERIOUSLY DONT TRUST MIC ADDING TO RSV4 SERIOUSLY..... SO THE SCARDED HEHE

lets meet up then.. cant wait to start my bike lei... 3 months in shop.. hand so itchy man

Would love to catch up and chat about our rides. :)

For those looking for aftermarket fairings (race or street) for the RSVR/Factory do check out BHH. They are in the advertisers forum.

how mush is it and made in where? sorry is it ban hock?

hmm will try it... but i seriously need to change that $600(EVA) stuff man. whenever i on my bike sounds getting worse.... or can i take it out instead? i dont mind the service light coz it sometimes light up for no apparent reason especially after bike wash... btw ani1 is welcome here :) its always quiet here since my fren vondy sold his bike!

J, no need to bother with the exhaust valve, may I suggest a group buy for Akra full system? I'm IN! How you find the gearing for the tuono?

Rest of the forum members: I'm going to be buying some stuff from AF1, if you need ANY thing from them, do let me know. I can let you guys tag on to the shipping. I'm shipping big boxes so I guess I should have space!

Haha quite happy with the LV slip ons for now. Peace of mind riding since LTA officers are lurking around every corner.

Thanks for the AF1 shipping share offer. Nothing I wish to get from them as of now. What are you planning to get?

Live to Ride!

jtjagan:

Woohoo.. Another lurker.. Yeah, Mah replaced the parts for me. Bike was in there for the weekend. I'm not sure if it's psychological but the bike feels slightly more powerful at the lower end.. I normally ride my scoot to work, maybe that caused my biased opinion.. :)

Daniel:

I was looking for that guy selling the cheap wrap too but couldn't find him.. Don't forget the clamps for the neighbourhood value shops.. You'll need 4 of them for each end.. To be specific, for the rear you'll need two small ones & one large one. The two small ones connect nearer to the engine & the large one will be at the bottom near the cat. Have fun!

b3nn:

Akra will be cool but I've already got a carbon Leo Vince on mine so will likely skip.. Checked out AF1's website.. Wow, they've got tonnes of goodies available..

samurai:

Mai tu liao.. Don't keep the peanuts roasting for too long.. It'll turn to popcorn.. :p

First gear too tall. Got to have fine clutch control when moving off compared to my Triumph and Kawa. No Akra for me. I already have way too many stares with the stock and the Arrow is still sitting in the store room.

V4 > Inline3 > Inline4

Haha quite happy with the LV slip ons for now. Peace of mind riding since LTA officers are lurking around every corner.

Thanks for the AF1 shipping share offer. Nothing I wish to get from them as of now. What are you planning to get?

I am planning to buy a spare set of wheels, 15 front 44/40 rear sprockets, radiator and oil cooler guard. Undecided about the akras yet but I have plenty of time to decide since the wheels are on backorder and shipping will only start in 4-12weeks. Thought I'd share some spare space in the boxes. ;)

Will wait for the Stahlbus oil drain valve, quick disconnects and bleeder valve to arrive before posting them up on the blog. Cheers everyone.

Jagen, am wondering if its easier to pull wheelies with a handlebar. Do kiss and tell. =D

It's not brought in. It's made in house. :)

Much better fitment than some junk brought in by some monkeys who claim great fitment....

I'm rather intrigued by this set of fairings. Any one pulled the trigger on this yet? I'd like to see the fitment before deciding for the CRC bodywork.