SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[BBDC] Class 2B (2010)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its called bubble? yeah im referring to that.

other than ah boy, do u think generally any motorshop will sell that? cos i stay at woodlands, i dun wanna go so far to ah boy just to buy a minor item

hmm i don't think all bike shops have it. cuz this is just accessories and not many people would buy or change their bubble. if they got stock then only they would sell. while some of them would not have the stock bubble and would try to push you to buy the aftermarket ones.

oh man, i just realized, when u book for any practical lesson at SSDC through the online website, u need to pay 80cents.

wtf is this man :sian:

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/81526692.png/

if the img isnt working

http://img684.imageshack.us/i/81526692.png/

wow another money making technique. so for SSDC must go to their centre and book?

Guns don't kill people.Idiots with guns kill people.

Thanks Fried Rice!

This is my second roborovski hamster, my first one died of illness just nice at his first month with me. He was a charming hamster, always try to attract my attention.

This avatar one is my 2nd hamster...very very timid. He likes to lazy around when I'm awake and wait the moment I off lights go sleep then he will terrorize his tank and mess up everything!

Just went planet today to change EO and tighten chain. :)

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

hmm i don't think all bike shops have it. cuz this is just accessories and not many people would buy or change their bubble. if they got stock then only they would sell. while some of them would not have the stock bubble and would try to push you to buy the aftermarket ones.

wow another money making technique. so for SSDC must go to their centre and book?

i got my bubble changed today. it was $12. both shops charged $12 for it, so i just went ahead and change it. :angel:

yea its really a good money making technique :sian:

i think its better to go centre and book if one wants to avoid the 80cent charge.. but don't u think its sad? isnt Internet supposed to make things convenient and easier..

imagine you are learning 2b, there are so many lessons, and you always need to head down to centre to book just to avoid being charged 80 cents each time when u book online lol

Thanks Fried Rice!

This is my second roborovski hamster, my first one died of illness just nice at his first month with me. He was a charming hamster, always try to attract my attention.

This avatar one is my 2nd hamster...very very timid. He likes to lazy around when I'm awake and wait the moment I off lights go sleep then he will terrorize his tank and mess up everything!

Just went planet today to change EO and tighten chain. :)

1 month with you only died of illness liao ah? must be u never take good care of it la haha

i heard hamsters like to sleep during the day and wake up at night.. like owl :bounce:

i got my bubble changed today. it was $12. both shops charged $12 for it, so i just went ahead and change it. :angel:

yea its really a good money making technique :sian:

i think its better to go centre and book if one wants to avoid the 80cent charge.. but don't u think its sad? isnt Internet supposed to make things convenient and easier..

imagine you are learning 2b, there are so many lessons, and you always need to head down to centre to book just to avoid being charged 80 cents each time when u book online lol

yeah man.damn sad lah. 80 cents is way too much. like that everytime must go there and book instead. waste petrol and those taking 2B waste of bus fare. luckily bbdc does not have that. now we know where they got the money to build the multi storey circuit. :angel:

A car (1600cc & below) & taxi 46,129

b car (above 1600cc) 72,001

c goods vehicle & bus 33,501

d motorcycle 1,551

e open 76,102

source:http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_616466.html

70K.. :dozed:

still people would buy 1st hand cars/bikes no matter how much the COE price is. that is why they can raise COE without fear.

hey guys, i want to ask u all something..

im riding a yamaha spark.

1st scenario

i notice my front brake is inconsistent in the sense that i feel differently when i press my front brake.

sometimes i press my front brake, i feel that the brake is 'soft' yet sometimes its like 'hard'

why is that so?

2nd scenario

i notice after i tilt my bike on the side stand for a while, i tilt it back to straight, i noticed that it will be harder to pull in the front brake. the front brake will like get harder.

then as i continue pressing it in and out non stop like intermittent braking, i will feel that it is starting to get soft.

lol anyone can kindly explain please? :angel:

does it have anything to do with free play? i never adjust the free play at all leh. im confused and troubled.

Book out!!!

To ride on the road, You need skills,Stamina, or even luck.

But to be a good rider, you have to change with your environment,and adjust yourself to its rhythm.

Cultivate the confidence to face the different situations. Don't let yourself to be subdued by the environment :thumb:

hey guys, i want to ask u all something..

im riding a yamaha spark.

1st scenario

i notice my front brake is inconsistent in the sense that i feel differently when i press my front brake.

sometimes i press my front brake, i feel that the brake is 'soft' yet sometimes its like 'hard'

why is that so?

2nd scenario

i notice after i tilt my bike on the side stand for a while, i tilt it back to straight, i noticed that it will be harder to pull in the front brake. the front brake will like get harder.

then as i continue pressing it in and out non stop like intermittent braking, i will feel that it is starting to get soft.

lol anyone can kindly explain please? :angel:

does it have anything to do with free play? i never adjust the free play at all leh. im confused and troubled.

Let planet check, maybe need a bleed of fluid or securing a component. Hope your hose is nt leaking or cut since your scenario does not sound like it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Let planet check, maybe need a bleed of fluid or securing a component. Hope your hose is nt leaking or cut since your scenario does not sound like it

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

what do u mean by 'bleed of fluid'?

is my first scenario normal?

i dun think my hose is leaking cause my brake fluid level did not really seem to drop o_O

what do u mean by 'bleed of fluid'?

is my first scenario normal?

i dun think my hose is leaking cause my brake fluid level did not really seem to drop o_O

Like I said, I don't think its a leak in the hose itself or a cut(sabotage) because you get the full effect feeling sometimes.

Bleed your brakefluid people will say.. Yours sounds quite abnormal and since brakes aren't a fun thing to play around with, do probe your mechanic when the holiday is over and he's open for your business :thumb: in the mean time check for bolts/nuts that aren't secured properly which might cause a leak in pressure. When your bike is stationary, turn your handlebar left and right then depress the brakes to see if you get the same effect/scenario as encountered so you can troubleshoot yourself if possible.

Bleed of fluid = remove air bubbles in the fluid?

Merry Christmas~

Actually its from the hose because your pads will wear and thin, your caliper piston will push the pads further out and there'll be air in the hose to fill up the space moved. Bleeding ensures your hoses are "pressurized" so you won't get the spongy feeling..

merry christmas :angel:

how do air bubbles form??

and what will happen if one does not bleed the fluid?

I don't really understand.

as above. You might also get spongey feeling if you brake hard consistently and your brake disc/pads are hot, you'll feel that they don't grip or feel spongey to you. When they cool back down, you'll find that they work well to your standards again.

Above replies might not be correct, just my guess :thumb:

Like I said, I don't think its a leak in the hose itself or a cut(sabotage) because you get the full effect feeling sometimes.

Bleed your brakefluid people will say.. Yours sounds quite abnormal and since brakes aren't a fun thing to play around with, do probe your mechanic when the holiday is over and he's open for your business :thumb: in the mean time check for bolts/nuts that aren't secured properly which might cause a leak in pressure. When your bike is stationary, turn your handlebar left and right then depress the brakes to see if you get the same effect/scenario as encountered so you can troubleshoot yourself if possible.

Actually its from the hose because your pads will wear and thin, your caliper piston will push the pads further out and there'll be air in the hose to fill up the space moved. Bleeding ensures your hoses are "pressurized" so you won't get the spongy feeling..

as above. You might also get spongey feeling if you brake hard consistently and your brake disc/pads are hot, you'll feel that they don't grip or feel spongey to you. When they cool back down, you'll find that they work well to your standards again.

Above replies might not be correct, just my guess :thumb:

eh the parts i bold is what i am experiencing. totally spot on :angel:

anyway you are right, i shall go to a bike shop and have it checked out.

thanks for the advice :thumb: i appreciate it very much :)

eh the parts i bold is what i am experiencing. totally spot on :angel:

anyway you are right, i shall go to a bike shop and have it checked out.

thanks for the advice :thumb: i appreciate it very much :)

If your riding style is like a racer that gives you overheated pads/disc always then do consider upgrading to better brake kits. However I heard that the flower disc might give you some unresponsiveness during rainy rides, probably have to keep pumping brakes to dry the disc..

btw jB im curious.. what bike are u riding :angel:

both my current bikes are slow, I ride them for pure pleasure, surely can't be compared to what you guys are riding. If you really want to know what kinda bikes I ride, I can only say I'm buying another bike to play, a pocket bike :lol:

If your riding style is like a racer that gives you overheated pads/disc always then do consider upgrading to better brake kits. However I heard that the flower disc might give you some unresponsiveness during rainy rides, probably have to keep pumping brakes to dry the disc..

both my current bikes are slow, I ride them for pure pleasure, surely can't be compared to what you guys are riding. If you really want to know what kinda bikes I ride, I can only say I'm buying another bike to play, a pocket bike :lol:

my riding style is kinda relax. i usually ride at 70-90km/h. i don't go higher than that.:o

hahah no need to compare la, who says everyone must ride a fast bike? :angel:

btw where do u get a pocket bike in sg? what are the costs? i heard of a pocket bike before.. never really get to understand what exactly it is.. o_O

Can't be compared to us?

I riding Phantom...also slow bike. Haha.

Pocket bike...bicycles which runs on petrol/battery? During night time at my area, always got one guy ride a petrol powered bicycle. His speed like more than 50km/h while the tyres is normal thin bicycle tyres...I see I also scared for him!

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Book out!!!

finally u book out ah

u wad company ? pes wad

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016