SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[BBDC] Class 2B (2010)

@Veil

Good luck for your 2B! New 2B riders get to have the option to take up the course to go expressway after passing. :)

Holidays now~ Thurs going Planet check my bike...neglected so long already. My open face helmet rotten already, considering getting a cheap new one. Thinking of MHR OF505...TP helmet model...but the shop rise till so ex because popular. :(

Thks Vas! The EFR is a great implementation. I utd some p-plates put off goin onto expressway due to fear factor so tis shud help alot.

Phantom is oso on my list. Btw, im goin to LAB for helmet hunting end of tis mth. Wan to go tgt?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going tomorrow to get my helmet already, can't wait so long...haha.

Cheap $30 MHR helmet for me can already. I don't use open face often, FF Flip up for me and FF for my gf. Although 2 FF cannot fit into my box, it's better to be safe than sorry. :p

Actually Expressways feel safer than normal road imo...because don't need stop, go or turn often.

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

it looks ugly to me leh.. i was wondering whats that.. maybe cause i never seen it on a sp/krr before lol

Krr and sp has air intake on the fairing, diff bikes have diff design so they make use of space and curves differently. The 400cc has to compact more things on the roughly same length of the bike thats why some pipings have to go upwards before coming back down. Gsxr and zxr has that too ;]

mustafa? or any shopping centres should be fine :o

what mp3 u plan to buy first? get ipod touch la

can play games also and listen to songs.. can use Internet access forums/msn

but u are using it in the army right? i dunno whether ipod touch will be suitable or not leh..

iTouch is useful in army and iPhone is even better depending on your unit :rolleyes:

@Veil

Good luck for your 2B! New 2B riders get to have the option to take up the course to go expressway after passing. :)

Holidays now~ Thurs going Planet check my bike...neglected so long already. My open face helmet rotten already, considering getting a cheap new one. Thinking of MHR OF505...TP helmet model...but the shop rise till so ex because popular. :(

Get a fullface, HJC ain't bad, I was using MHR FF. Still have it with me. Think MHR quality can only last 1 or two years before you can discard. The Jap made brands like OGK can last longer and better the Taiwan made ones. HJC relatively decent priced to begin with riding.

Thks Vas! The EFR is a great implementation. I utd some p-plates put off goin onto expressway due to fear factor so tis shud help alot.

Phantom is oso on my list. Btw, im goin to LAB for helmet hunting end of tis mth. Wan to go tgt?

You can consider MotoWorld or Chiap Lee etc etc.. Consider spending a lil more to protect your face from plastic sugery, its worth it.

Cheap $30 MHR helmet for me can already. I don't use open face often, FF Flip up for me and FF for my gf. Although 2 FF cannot fit into my box, it's better to be safe than sorry. :p

Actually Expressways feel safer than normal road imo...because don't need stop, go or turn often.

Flip ups are as good as open face IMHO, maybe the Shoei flipups can stand out diff but most of the pivoted points are weak so you might as well get FF. Don't talk about smoking while riding if want FU cuz you're not supposed to be smoking while riding anyway. If you have two FFs, can consider helmet backpacks like H-Pack.

Expressways are not neccessary safer than neighbourhood roads. You travel at a higher speed and if you can't avoid others in time, you'll crash at a higher speed. Its all up to every individual's style of riding ;]

Ok. Hope u can get a gd deal. Dun forget to post pics of ur new gear. Tell me wat u tink of the helmet tat im lookin at below.

Shark Evoline 2(SGD490)

I've tried the first Evoline when it was launched in 2009. It functions as a FF n a Flip-back. Yes, i did said Flip-back. Not a normal flip-up. Converting to open-face, the lid rotates all the way back n locks in place. Unlike conventional flip-up, u dun haf to cls the lid at speed above 50km/h. Improvements are, a longer built-in sun visor, more detents n greater water sealing. Nt tat heavy plus its nicely balanced too. Imo, tis is the BEST hybrid to appear.

sub_small_3347.jpgsub_small_1544.jpgsub_small_5993.jpg

Arai RX7RR5(SGD950)

Arai... One can't reali fault wif the workmanship. It is EX! EX! EXPENSIVE! I duno hw Arai justify the price it puts on my head. Fair enough, i duno hw to put a price on my head either. If tis is my buy, it wil serves as a motivation to MUST pass my 2b. Surely my head wil bbq to perfection hrs under the sun at bbdc.

856.png

Edited by Veil

"Consider spending a lil more to protect your face from plastic sugery, its worth it."

U r so correct! A mesh or perforated leather jacket with shoulders/elbows/collar bone/chest/back is wat i wil get on the day i collect my bike. N a gd pair of gloves to go along.

I love my life. I love my dogs even more!

I wan to b back hm safely everyday for them.

Baby & her toy.jpgBaby Waggy.jpg

Edited by Veil

Wah can't wait to watch tron lei..! When issit out?

RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011

125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012

PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

Ok. Hope u can get a gd deal. Dun forget to post pics of ur new gear. Tell me wat u tink of the helmet tat im lookin at below.

Shark Evoline 2(SGD490)

I've tried the first Evoline when it was launched in 2009. It functions as a FF n a Flip-back. Yes, i did said Flip-back. Not a normal flip-up. Converting to open-face, the lid rotates all the way back n locks in place. Unlike conventional flip-up, u dun haf to cls the lid at speed above 50km/h. Improvements are, a longer built-in sun visor, more detents n greater water sealing. Nt tat heavy plus its nicely balanced too. Imo, tis is the BEST hybrid to appear.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]186867[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]186868[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]186869[/ATTACH]

Arai RX7RR5(SGD950)

Arai... One can't reali fault wif the workmanship. It is EX! EX! EXPENSIVE! I duno hw Arai justify the price it puts on my head. Fair enough, i duno hw to put a price on my head either. If tis is my buy, it wil serves as a motivation to MUST pass my 2b. Surely my head wil bbq to perfection hrs under the sun at bbdc.

no point paying so much for that flip up or open face. You're overpaying. Shoei and Arai FF sure is worth the price and branding.

Its showing tml!

God, those lightcycles r way too cool! :thumb:

Indeed, you'll see lotsa replicas on the road in time to come :rolleyes:

I think it is better to get a FF rather than a flip-up. You are not gonna ride with it flipped up anyway.

Who knows what will happen in a crash. If the part that flips up comes off, then no point also.

Good to know there are smart bikers around here :thumb:

Good to know there are smart bikers around here :thumb:

FF is safer. Point taken.:thumb:

Can discuss abit on why or wat makes u get ur current/past FF? Somehw, its easier to decide after hearing actual user talked abt it.

1.) Hw it fits.

2.) Weight of it when worn.

3.) Noise level at low/high speed.

4.) Wind turbulence when head was turn at high speed.

5.) Ventilation.

6.) Misting.

I noe each individual opinions r subjective so i wil take it as constructive inputs. Upz!

Edited by Veil

Get a fullface, HJC ain't bad, I was using MHR FF. Still have it with me. Think MHR quality can only last 1 or two years before you can discard. The Jap made brands like OGK can last longer and better the Taiwan made ones. HJC relatively decent priced to begin with riding.

You can consider MotoWorld or Chiap Lee etc etc.. Consider spending a lil more to protect your face from plastic sugery, its worth it.

Flip ups are as good as open face IMHO, maybe the Shoei flipups can stand out diff but most of the pivoted points are weak so you might as well get FF. Don't talk about smoking while riding if want FU cuz you're not supposed to be smoking while riding anyway. If you have two FFs, can consider helmet backpacks like H-Pack.

Expressways are not neccessary safer than neighbourhood roads. You travel at a higher speed and if you can't avoid others in time, you'll crash at a higher speed. Its all up to every individual's style of riding ;]

I don't know if I offended you in any way, you seem to be targeting me for no reason. Or maybe I'm just too sensitive.

SHOEI, SHOEI, SHOEI....More expensive helmet doesn't mean more godly protection, you pay the premium mostly for the comfort, air flow, and style IMHO. The protection is more or less the same as other brands of FF helmets. Not everyone(including me) can afford godly priced helmets, call me cheapo, But for a $700 shoei, I can get 7 HJC FF Helmets which I think is even more worth and less heartache when changing due to accidental drops.

However bad FF Flip-Up can be, it's is still better than Open Face IMHO. At least it will withstand the first slam to the face before it drops out.

And no offence, but FU back for being a stereotype thinking riders = smokers...Who talked about smoking in this thread anyway? :o

I currently own a FF, a FF Flip-up, and a Open face

My gf always uses the FF, I mostly use the flip up, and the open face is just for random trips, and to use for my 2A lessons.

Sorry if my words come out harsh...But I personally think that we all have our own view on things. All the things you said, I already gave it some serious thoughts before I made my decisions. Try not to beat down other people with your ideals, please put your words in a nicer tone next time. :)

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

I don't know if I offended you in any way, you seem to be targeting me for no reason. Or maybe I'm just too sensitive.

SHOEI, SHOEI, SHOEI....More expensive helmet doesn't mean more godly protection, you pay the premium mostly for the comfort, air flow, and style IMHO. The protection is more or less the same as other brands of FF helmets. Not everyone(including me) can afford godly priced helmets, call me cheapo, But for a $700 shoei, I can get 7 HJC FF Helmets which I think is even more worth and less heartache when changing due to accidental drops.

However bad FF Flip-Up can be, it's is still better than Open Face IMHO. At least it will withstand the first slam to the face before it drops out.

And no offence, but FU back for being a stereotype thinking riders = smokers...Who talked about smoking in this thread anyway? :o

My gf always uses the FF, I mostly use the flip up, and the open face is just for random trips, and to use for my 2A lessons.

Sorry if my words come out harsh...But I personally think that we all have our own view on things. All the things you said, I already gave it some serious thoughts before I made my decisions. Try not to beat down other people with your ideals, please put your words in a nicer tone next time. :)

Bro, chill man. Im sure JB was juz voicing out his views n nt targeting u. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Cheaper brands can gained much experiences, customer's feedbacks n technological skills along the years tat their products can b on par with any big boys. Similarly, high-end brands could b complacent, repacked their older stock n priced as a more expensive, newly "improved" model. We wil nv get to noe the actual happenings behind but tis is very real.

Great to haf faith in certain brand. But could faith lure us into a false sense of security? Can we let brand, price, prestige n hearsay decide hw we ride n survive in a crash? A full-face, flip-up or open-ace wil protect us, juz differently, but it does not makes us invincible, yet.

As for the "smoking while riding" statement, hope he can b more sensitive in future.

Fyi, im a smoker too.

*Flip-up/open-face owners(smokers/non-smokers): Apologises if any of u were stereo-typed or offended.*:sorry:

Edited by Veil

hey lao jiaos

im very confused

if i got 2a, and my 2a got revoked, my points exceeded the 13 points system. what happens?

my 2a will get revoked, then i will be able to ride my 2b?

the points are shared 1. only very seldom case revoked 2a/2 den still let u keep ur 2b.

肥仔七åƒå·

i agreed with ur first point coz i also one of the people that cant afford the Heavenly helmets.... There are always people that is similar to apple fan where they swear by a particular brand and every other brand to them is crap/****/watever...

i also wear a Flip Up coz i have tried many FF but most cant fit my head comfortably maybe due to my head being weirdly shaped? Flip Up is the only one that allow me to wear it easily and comfortably with specs on... I worn an open face b4 but wanted to have more safety so wanted an FF but FU seems to fulfill that as well... At least in an accident there is something to protect my chin b4 it hits the tarmac

Non-smoking Flip Up user here.... Altot i do hate the fact where bikers are always associated with being ah beng, smoking or blowing their exhaust to irritate everyone.... Me is just another normal human that choose bike as a form of transport due to budget problem... I also wan to drive a car but no $$$ ma, if not why i take my class 3 earlier than class 2b?

:pray::pray:

i agreed with ur first point coz i also one of the people that cant afford the Heavenly helmets.... There are always people that is similar to apple fan where they swear by a particular brand and every other brand to them is crap/****/watever...

i also wear a Flip Up coz i have tried many FF but most cant fit my head comfortably maybe due to my head being weirdly shaped? Flip Up is the only one that allow me to wear it easily and comfortably with specs on... I worn an open face b4 but wanted to have more safety so wanted an FF but FU seems to fulfill that as well... At least in an accident there is something to protect my chin b4 it hits the tarmac

Non-smoking Flip Up user here.... Altot i do hate the fact where bikers are always associated with being ah beng, smoking or blowing their exhaust to irritate everyone.... Me is just another normal human that choose bike as a form of transport due to budget problem... I also wan to drive a car but no $$$ ma, if not why i take my class 3 earlier than class 2b?

Mind i ask if u r a SAF driver?

I'm a non smoker, but due to my teeth being naturally stained, people always ask me if I smoke.

After so many years, I tend to get irritated when people associate me with smoking.

Riding is a choice. I learnt car first, drove but hate the feeling of it, so I picked up riding.

@Veil

Why you apologize? haha. :)

We all have our own views and opinions on things, which is all the more reason why no particular person should try to overrule another with their own opinions. No one way of looking at things is perfect, it's good to voice out concerns, but it should be in a more polite way.

We all are here to learn things and chit chat, not make enemies...I'm very sorry if I offend anyone with my previous post.

Anyway...when are you gonna start riding lessons?

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

hey lao jiaos

im very confused

if i got 2a, and my 2a got revoked, my points exceeded the 13 points system. what happens?

my 2a will get revoked, then i will be able to ride my 2b?

most people say that as long as 1 license is on probation, your points for all classes of license(regardless of how long you have the license) would be 12 points only. so if you exceed 13 or more points all classes of license would be revoked. but i have read in the forum that some people manage to get only their 2A/2 revoked and manage to keep the rest of their license. but i guess that is only possible if you really have a very valid reason.

Guns don't kill people.Idiots with guns kill people.