SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[BBDC] Class 2B (2010)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha, but too bad i alr gotten my class 3 license way b4 i enlist so only can get e free class 4 which i don tink i will be utilizing anyway..

SAF gave u free Class 4 stil wan to complain huh?! Better wake up ur idea! :cheeky:

Got C4 next time if move hse can drive the 20ft lorry urslf. Save $:thumb:

Edited by Veil

I'm a non smoker, but due to my teeth being naturally stained, people always ask me if I smoke.

After so many years, I tend to get irritated when people associate me with smoking.

Riding is a choice. I learnt car first, drove but hate the feeling of it, so I picked up riding.

@Veil

Why you apologize? haha. :)

We all have our own views and opinions on things, which is all the more reason why no particular person should try to overrule another with their own opinions. No one way of looking at things is perfect, it's good to voice out concerns, but it should be in a more polite way.

We all are here to learn things and chit chat, not make enemies...I'm very sorry if I offend anyone with my previous post.

Anyway...when are you gonna start riding lessons?

Who's at fault or who started it first doesn't really matters. Juz felt tat those who were wrongly classified deserves an apology. One way or another, all of us r responsible for the forum's harmony. Lets not forget tat freedom of speech is a privilege, not a given.

Secondly(tis is a joke, ok?), it seems tat the ongoing trend is to meet up with brothers n spend quality time tgt slashing others. Uh, i dun find a back-hand slash under my armpit or across my nipples appealing n its not my aspiration to b on the statistics list.

Regarding my 2b, i confirmed goin in tis mth. Juz tat it wil b aft my b'dy. Made a call to bbdc earlier on, some sweet-voiced lady told me tat i haf to re-enroll n restart from 1.01. RTE expired liao so muz retake again. Only theories no need to repeat as its valid for 3 yrs.

Edited by Veil

FF is safer. Point taken.:thumb:

Can discuss abit on why or wat makes u get ur current/past FF? Somehw, its easier to decide after hearing actual user talked abt it.

1.) Hw it fits.

2.) Weight of it when worn.

3.) Noise level at low/high speed.

4.) Wind turbulence when head was turn at high speed.

5.) Ventilation.

6.) Misting.

I noe each individual opinions r subjective so i wil take it as constructive inputs. Upz!

1) It fits good, snug and nice feeling. Thats provided you bought one that fits in the first place :p

2) Depending on brand and weight plus aerodynamic design. The MHR was a cheap deal but suffers badly at higher speeds from 100+ to 200+. The OGK ones are better in all the aspects which the MHR failed but of course you have to pay a different price for their R&D which is fair IMO.

3) Its said the top 2 Jap brands are very3 quiet. How quiet depends on how sharp your ears are and maybe your exhaust hopefully ain't loud as well. The norm FF will muffle most of the audio outside and most people will have a problem hearing you speak as well.

4) This goes together with the weight and also your bike's fairing/bubble etc. If you have the bubble blocking off the wind for you for eg. X9/FJR/ST11 etc then you might not face the problem of your face being pulled backwards for heavier helmets. Lighter helmets have less of this problem.

5) Cheaper makes really have cheaper made vents so you might wanna consider not using them often(or at all) if possible because damaged clips and vents/fins don't look and perform nice. The ventilation is designed better for your breathing and less bugs will fly into your face unlike OF. For those who tilt their OF down when riding sport bikes will know this.

6) You'll face this most of the time when it rains hard regardless of OF or FF or FU. I've used anti-mist visors before but they have short life span with the chemicals on it. After a while they behave like normal ones so if it rains hard, the trick is to breathe downwards like exhaling down instead of towards the visor. Most FF have the vents in front to prevent misting badly.

WHy I've decided on wearing FF was because I dropped my 2b OF helmet on the ground or rather it was blown by the wind when I placed it on ma bike's seat. The height from where it fell ain't great but the damage was quite unsightly apart from the bendable(popular) visor coming apart. Picture your face in that fall with the PSB approved OF.

I don't know if I offended you in any way, you seem to be targeting me for no reason. Or maybe I'm just too sensitive.

SHOEI, SHOEI, SHOEI....More expensive helmet doesn't mean more godly protection, you pay the premium mostly for the comfort, air flow, and style IMHO. The protection is more or less the same as other brands of FF helmets. Not everyone(including me) can afford godly priced helmets, call me cheapo, But for a $700 shoei, I can get 7 HJC FF Helmets which I think is even more worth and less heartache when changing due to accidental drops.

However bad FF Flip-Up can be, it's is still better than Open Face IMHO. At least it will withstand the first slam to the face before it drops out.

And no offence, but FU back for being a stereotype thinking riders = smokers...Who talked about smoking in this thread anyway? :o

I currently own a FF, a FF Flip-up, and a Open face

My gf always uses the FF, I mostly use the flip up, and the open face is just for random trips, and to use for my 2A lessons.

Sorry if my words come out harsh...But I personally think that we all have our own view on things. All the things you said, I already gave it some serious thoughts before I made my decisions. Try not to beat down other people with your ideals, please put your words in a nicer tone next time. :)

No offence meant nor any taken. I gain nothing for sharing my experience or "flaming" fellow forummers. My quote was to highlight norm issues and past encounters for others to read as I have not met you before nor do I know you personally so I won't know if you smoke or not. Before you or anybody else would say FU is good for smoking, I've already advised in that post so it'll be good if you all take heed.

I spare no expense with sharing with newer riders what I've seen and experience with my biker pals and sadly some late ones. End of it all its up to bikers if they want to take preventive measures or be blinded by their own mindset. If you have seen your mates die in front of you wearing an OF or FU regardless of speeds below 80 or above 100 then you'll understand where I'm coming from.

If you've worned durian or instrumental gloves when learning 2B, you can compare that with wearing leather gloves when you fall. Both are gloves approved to be used in DCs. I've never fallen with non leather gloves but the leather material sure protected where its worn over. Price difference for a pair of durian gloves to leather made ones. $1 :

Similarly you can use the analogy for helmets. Maybe you'll realise this at a later part of your riding experience but its good to know it now even if you're still thinking I'm aiming you for the issue. One day you might think back and laugh about it but better late than never.

Ps: I own cheap helmets as well.

Bro, chill man. Im sure JB was juz voicing out his views n nt targeting u. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Cheaper brands can gained much experiences, customer's feedbacks n technological skills along the years tat their products can b on par with any big boys. Similarly, high-end brands could b complacent, repacked their older stock n priced as a more expensive, newly "improved" model. We wil nv get to noe the actual happenings behind but tis is very real.

Great to haf faith in certain brand. But could faith lure us into a false sense of security? Can we let brand, price, prestige n hearsay decide hw we ride n survive in a crash? A full-face, flip-up or open-ace wil protect us, juz differently, but it does not makes us invincible, yet.

As for the "smoking while riding" statement, hope he can b more sensitive in future.

Fyi, im a smoker too.

*Flip-up/open-face owners(smokers/non-smokers): Apologises if any of u were stereo-typed or offended.*:sorry:

To each his own. Most of you have misread the content about smoking and riding with flipups. Do go thru it again, its unedited. Indeed best helmets won't make us godly but still prevention is better than finding a cure, for some of my pals, they weren't even given an option for a cure.

hey lao jiaos

im very confused

if i got 2a, and my 2a got revoked, my points exceeded the 13 points system. what happens?

my 2a will get revoked, then i will be able to ride my 2b?

What do you do? Perhaps appeal and get your MP to aid in your case. You might be able to go thru the course for people with licences revoked in less than a year and be able to ride 2b or maybe 2a soon again.

i agreed with ur first point coz i also one of the people that cant afford the Heavenly helmets.... There are always people that is similar to apple fan where they swear by a particular brand and every other brand to them is crap/****/watever...

i also wear a Flip Up coz i have tried many FF but most cant fit my head comfortably maybe due to my head being weirdly shaped? Flip Up is the only one that allow me to wear it easily and comfortably with specs on... I worn an open face b4 but wanted to have more safety so wanted an FF but FU seems to fulfill that as well... At least in an accident there is something to protect my chin b4 it hits the tarmac

Non-smoking Flip Up user here.... Altot i do hate the fact where bikers are always associated with being ah beng, smoking or blowing their exhaust to irritate everyone.... Me is just another normal human that choose bike as a form of transport due to budget problem... I also wan to drive a car but no $$$ ma, if not why i take my class 3 earlier than class 2b?

I'm a spec wearer at times too but that has never hindered me in my full face wearing. In the early years I had wanted a flipup with the sun visor(some will know what brands offer this) but after I did some research and tests. The flipup is the same as my open face.

I'm a non smoker, but due to my teeth being naturally stained, people always ask me if I smoke.

After so many years, I tend to get irritated when people associate me with smoking.

Riding is a choice. I learnt car first, drove but hate the feeling of it, so I picked up riding.

@Veil

Why you apologize? haha. :)

We all have our own views and opinions on things, which is all the more reason why no particular person should try to overrule another with their own opinions. No one way of looking at things is perfect, it's good to voice out concerns, but it should be in a more polite way.

We all are here to learn things and chit chat, not make enemies...I'm very sorry if I offend anyone with my previous post.

Anyway...when are you gonna start riding lessons?

To me its a passion. I left my sports car at home and bought a slow bike to play around the hood though it doesn't give me the pleasure I used to have on bigger bikes but it is a good compromise for the time being. Our well being IMHO is not to be compromised.

There are things you can't scrimp on but its my opinion, neither of you have to follow.

1)tyres

2)brakes

3)certain aftermarket mods/parts that might fall apart

4)protection

5)road tax/insurance

once again, no offence meant and/or taken from either one of you. Ride safe, stay alive to ride another day. See ya'll OTR.

What do you do? Perhaps appeal and get your MP to aid in your case. You might be able to go thru the course for people with licences revoked in less than a year and be able to ride 2b or maybe 2a soon again.

no la my lic never get revoked :)

i was just asking.. cos i saw some cases.. their 2a get revoked only so im just surprised o_O

i was just asking.. cos i saw some cases.. their 2a get revoked only so im just surprised o_O

according to my bf's case, he only got his cls 2 license revoked. 2b, 2a and 3 still intact. what he told me was that only the license that is still on probabtion will get revoked if u exceed the points but it all depends on a case by case basis

18/10/07 - 19/08/08 : Honda NSR150 SP

21/08/08 - 24/09/09 : Honda Wave S 125

02/10/09 - 22/02/12 : Yamaha X1-R

09/04/12 - 13/02/15 : Kawasaki Ninja 250R

24/12/14 - 24/02/16 : Honda Wave R 125

29/06/16 : Honda MSX 125

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s109/edalpha/DSC00291-1.jpg

o_o" diaos.. :lol:

according to my bf's case, he only got his cls 2 license revoked. 2b, 2a and 3 still intact. what he told me was that only the license that is still on probabtion will get revoked if u exceed the points but it all depends on a case by case basis

he darn heng lo ah cup for the others to be intact.. I didn't know about his case till I asked him the other time sia :giddy:

Oh...I forgotten how pretty bbdc staff were...@_@

Although all makeup warriors, but nice to look at...can't wait for 2A! Lol. :o

Just now at KJE...got road work...the truck which carries sand without any rear light suddenly swerve out from the 4th lane which is under construction without warning...shocked the hell out of me. Luckily I travel on 2nd lane. haha.

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

1) It fits good, snug and nice feeling. Thats provided you bought one that fits in the first place :p

2) Depending on brand and weight plus aerodynamic design. The MHR was a cheap deal but suffers badly at higher speeds from 100+ to 200+. The OGK ones are better in all the aspects which the MHR failed but of course you have to pay a different price for their R&D which is fair IMO.

3) Its said the top 2 Jap brands are very3 quiet. How quiet depends on how sharp your ears are and maybe your exhaust hopefully ain't loud as well. The norm FF will muffle most of the audio outside and most people will have a problem hearing you speak as well.

4) This goes together with the weight and also your bike's fairing/bubble etc. If you have the bubble blocking off the wind for you for eg. X9/FJR/ST11 etc then you might not face the problem of your face being pulled backwards for heavier helmets. Lighter helmets have less of this problem.

5) Cheaper makes really have cheaper made vents so you might wanna consider not using them often(or at all) if possible because damaged clips and vents/fins don't look and perform nice. The ventilation is designed better for your breathing and less bugs will fly into your face unlike OF. For those who tilt their OF down when riding sport bikes will know this.

6) You'll face this most of the time when it rains hard regardless of OF or FF or FU. I've used anti-mist visors before but they have short life span with the chemicals on it. After a while they behave like normal ones so if it rains hard, the trick is to breathe downwards like exhaling down instead of towards the visor. Most FF have the vents in front to prevent misting badly.

WHy I've decided on wearing FF was because I dropped my 2b OF helmet on the ground or rather it was blown by the wind when I placed it on ma bike's seat. The height from where it fell ain't great but the damage was quite unsightly apart from the bendable(popular) visor coming apart. Picture your face in that fall with the PSB approved OF.

No offence meant nor any taken. I gain nothing for sharing my experience or "flaming" fellow forummers. My quote was to highlight norm issues and past encounters for others to read as I have not met you before nor do I know you personally so I won't know if you smoke or not. Before you or anybody else would say FU is good for smoking, I've already advised in that post so it'll be good if you all take heed.

I spare no expense with sharing with newer riders what I've seen and experience with my biker pals and sadly some late ones. End of it all its up to bikers if they want to take preventive measures or be blinded by their own mindset. If you have seen your mates die in front of you wearing an OF or FU regardless of speeds below 80 or above 100 then you'll understand where I'm coming from.

If you've worned durian or instrumental gloves when learning 2B, you can compare that with wearing leather gloves when you fall. Both are gloves approved to be used in DCs. I've never fallen with non leather gloves but the leather material sure protected where its worn over. Price difference for a pair of durian gloves to leather made ones. $1 :

Similarly you can use the analogy for helmets. Maybe you'll realise this at a later part of your riding experience but its good to know it now even if you're still thinking I'm aiming you for the issue. One day you might think back and laugh about it but better late than never.

Ps: I own cheap helmets as well.

To each his own. Most of you have misread the content about smoking and riding with flipups. Do go thru it again, its unedited. Indeed best helmets won't make us godly but still prevention is better than finding a cure, for some of my pals, they weren't even given an option for a cure.

I'm a spec wearer at times too but that has never hindered me in my full face wearing. In the early years I had wanted a flipup with the sun visor(some will know what brands offer this) but after I did some research and tests. The flipup is the same as my open face.

To me its a passion. I left my sports car at home and bought a slow bike to play around the hood though it doesn't give me the pleasure I used to have on bigger bikes but it is a good compromise for the time being. Our well being IMHO is not to be compromised.

There are things you can't scrimp on but its my opinion, neither of you have to follow.

1)tyres

2)brakes

3)certain aftermarket mods/parts that might fall apart

4)protection

5)road tax/insurance

once again, no offence meant and/or taken from either one of you. Ride safe, stay alive to ride another day. See ya'll OTR.

Woah! Thk u very much!

Oh...I forgotten how pretty bbdc staff were...@_@

Although all makeup warriors, but nice to look at...can't wait for 2A! Lol. :o

BBDC Recruitment Protocol v.2011

1. Preferably a chiobu to ensure counters always good business. Huat ah!

2. Advanced makeup skills a must to maximise male head-turning actions.

3. Must possess a sweet voice for the inducement of jelly-legs-ism.

Just now at KJE...got road work...the truck which carries sand without any rear light suddenly swerve out from the 4th lane which is under construction without warning...shocked the hell out of me. Luckily I travel on 2nd lane. haha.

U very heng ah! Those bloody spilled sand could haf caused a skid too.

hey guys.. may i know where can i buy this? how much is it? and what is this called?

i have circled it in the picture already, its a black plastic part

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8004/imag0119j.jpg

thanks!

and if ur wondering, its a yamaha spark :) mine cracked so im looking to replace it

Ehhh a lil clearer and zoomed in pic would be better i hope. Can only tell its a bubble screw or clip? I know some small bikes' bubble are factory fitted fixing so you might not be able to replace the one screw but gotta change the whole headset/ fairing for that matter. Whats it attached to?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

hey guys.. may i know where can i buy this? how much is it? and what is this called?

i have circled it in the picture already, its a black plastic part

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/8004/imag0119j.jpg

thanks!

and if ur wondering, its a yamaha spark :) mine cracked so im looking to replace it

post some clearer pictures... an overview and then a zoom in one will be easier to see.

肥仔七åƒå·

ok i took clearer pictures this time :angel:

hope its better and more useful

i think it will be quite cheap to replace that part.. but i want to know what it is called.. is there a name for this part o_O

please click on the links below if the images are not working

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/imag0119g.jpg/

http://img8.imageshack.us/i/imag0120f.jpg/

http://img704.imageshack.us/i/imag0121z.jpg/

http://img822.imageshack.us/i/imag0119g.jpg/

http://img8.imageshack.us/i/imag0120f.jpg/

http://img704.imageshack.us/i/imag0121z.jpg/