SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

advice on Transfer of ownership

funrider

transfer 1st aso can

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

izzit..hmm

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

just called them,they sae nid to have e buyer's insurance valid on that day if e seller wan to transfer to e buyer

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

• 4 months later...

What abt buying a bike Bt d owner wans to retain d plate num? How to transfer ownership wit no plate num? How to get new plate num? Thk in adv..

sonic125 july2004-may2007 ~passed 2B may2004

drzsm400 may2007-march2009 ~passed 2A july2006

x1r july2008-oct2009

Current Rides

fz6n s1 oct2009-??? ~passed class 2 august 2009

triumph tiger 800 feb2012-???

:angel:

What abt buying a bike Bt d owner wans to retain d plate num? How to transfer ownership wit no plate num? How to get new plate num? Thk in adv..

That happened to me before. Basically the current owner should get a new plate number (FBF....)after he has retained his number. Then request that new number from him, make your insurance, go LTA together with owner (or owner's IC) with your cash for bike and transfer fee, and tada! You can ride the bike already. :)

That happened to me before. Basically the current owner should get a new plate number (FBF....)after he has retained his number. Then request that new number from him, make your insurance, go LTA together with owner (or owner's IC) with your cash for bike and transfer fee, and tada! You can ride the bike already. :)

Ok thks.. Bt wat if d current owner nt getting a bike yet? Bt he still wans to keep d num for his future bike?

sonic125 july2004-may2007 ~passed 2B may2004

drzsm400 may2007-march2009 ~passed 2A july2006

x1r july2008-oct2009

Current Rides

fz6n s1 oct2009-??? ~passed class 2 august 2009

triumph tiger 800 feb2012-???

:angel:

• 1 month later...
You must buy insurance first before going to LTA Sin Ming to apply for transfer of vehicle ownership.

To buy insurance, just go to any insurance company (NTUC, AXA, etc) and tell them the plate number of the bike that u want to be insured under your name.

Then go to LTA Sin Ming with the current bike owner to perform the transfer of ownership. I've heard from some people no need to have current bike owner present, just need his/her IC will do.

Go to http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en.html to find out the cost of the transfer fee.

Once done, give the previous owner a ride home since u already took his means of transport. :D

Technically, both of u can ride the bike cos both of u have insurance coverage for the bike. But if got any summons/ traffic violations/road tax expiry, LTA will send the letter to the registered owner.

Oh ya, remind the previous owner to cancel his insurance so he can get back the unused portion of his insurance coverage.

All this can be done in a day. LTA counter opens till 5pm if i'm not wrong.

This only applies if the bike is no longer in hire-purchase. Somehow LTA records will know if the bike is still under hire-purchase from bike shop.

Experience this from my current ride which i bought from a private seller. His bike was still in hire-purchase, but i wanted to pay full settlement for him and transfer ownership cos i dun want COI. Went to bike shop to pay in full, bought my insurance and went to LTA on same day. LTA counter said that bike was in still in hire-purchase from shop. Called shop to change the change the status. took the bike shop abt 5 mins to settle the thing online from their side and voila! the bike was mine. Was quite amazed at the efficiency of the whole system!

very useful..

Just transfer another bike yesterday at LTA. Have to produce a valid insurance before they effect d transfer.

Funny, LTA don't request for my licence (which I don't have), yet they insist I must have an insurance to cover under my name.....

Just transfer another bike yesterday at LTA. Have to produce a valid insurance before they effect d transfer.

Funny, LTA don't request for my licence (which I don't have), yet they insist I must have an insurance to cover under my name.....

question is would anyone want to cover u for insurance if u dont have a license

Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.

However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?

question is would anyone want to cover u for insurance if u dont have a license

I declare that my license only a week old ......

As long as I don't ride d bike, I'll be in safe heaven. Otherwise my other classes will go down d drain.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 years later...

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/buy___sell_a_used/Ownership_Transfer.html

Diy is cheapest. Been doing so since first bike. If you go shop, might as well diy since you still need to provide the necessary documents to them.

Diy is immediate effect.

Hi Guys, newbie here, Anybody advice which bike shop provide ownership transfer service?

Or prefer trusted bike shop around central or north or east ( may be kaki bukit).

And how long it takes? So far i read it takes some days, why?

Just go Sin Ming LTA do, on the spot can transfer finish get the bike and ride off. Go to shop means the shop help you process etc that's why need some time, and if im not wrong they will charge you admin fee.

Hi Guys, newbie here, Anybody advice which bike shop provide ownership transfer service?

Or prefer trusted bike shop around central or north or east ( may be kaki bukit).

And how long it takes? So far i read it takes some days, why?

should trust yourself and the private bike owner if no hire purchase issues

why it take some days coz the bike shop have to get u to sign to authorized them to act on ur behalf...den they have to send someone the next day to lta with documents den while waiting buy kopi...den after finish go kopi shop buy kopi relax...den go back at 6pm send back documents....den the next day pass to finance....finance girl have to make kopi first b4 can type out letter to u since the the night before she chiong go clubbing....no kopi brain cannot work...so she take whole day to get tru hangover...so only finish type out letter to u at 6pm...so no time to post letter....so the next day pass to despatch guy to post ur letter to post office...at 6pm after kopi time den pop ur letter into the post box....den posting take a two or 3 days to reach u.....hope this explains the why....hahahaha

u go lta with owner ....pay transfer fee and the bike is yours.....on that same hour......after buying insurance...make sure insurance start on the same day as when u transfer....got a fella ever ever meet me he put his insurance start date the day after we do transfer...got him to go back n redo the date....

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that