[Trip Report] Conquering Sabah

Hi All,

This is my first attempt at posting a trip report.

I went on a 12 days adventure in Sabah which includes 5 days of riding tour and 2 days of self-riding a rented scooter.

The following Vlog includes my scuba diving and trekking Mt.Kinabalu trip.

but I'll be making another video solely on riding in Sabah with the tour operator http://www.rideborneo.com and my self-ride.

Till I get my riding video done.

here's a 'preview' of what to expect..

My related blog: http://shanghairoar.blogspot.com/2010/10/conquering-elevations-of-sabah.html

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

This is my first attempt at posting a trip report.

I went on a 12 days adventure in Sabah which includes 5 days of riding tour and 2 days of self-riding a rented scooter.

Till I get my riding video done.

here's a 'preview' of what to expect..

My related blog: http://shanghairoar.blogspot.com/2010/10/conquering-elevations-of-sabah.html

oh wow... interesting :clap::popcorn:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

well done

nice video

i wonder what video camera u used on bike......very clear and less shakes

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you very much for your kindness consideration. By God's Grace.

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail; Save trees

www.heritagebaptist.org

www.worldvision.org

www.cfcindia.com

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html free God's Word

• 1 month later...
well done

nice video

i wonder what video camera u used on bike......very clear and less shakes

Sorry for the late reply.. was away on another trip!

check my latest trip in Central Tibet

The camera is a ContourHD.

check out the latest model Contour+ (http://www.contour.com)

I prefer this over GoPro even though it's proven GoPro gives a better pic.

Contour is more ergonomic when mounted on a Helmet...and you don't look silly!

Always admire people who explore to the unknown place and touring on bikes.Good job on the video.Just my 2 cents though, if some ingredients like your stay and local food can include video, it might turn out even better.

Maybe you want to try from sg to lao, i want to join if possible.Cheers

hey..thanks for input and suggestion.

i'm still need to brush up my videography skill before I can do a documentary.

not forgetting my narration and most of all, be in front of the camera.

till then i can do only short clips...till time permits me to do a longer videos.

i would love to go to Laos as I've never been there.

right now i'm based in Shanghai, hence it's more feasible for me to explore the northern and central asia.

perhaps when I make a trip back home, I can do a short trip around SEA.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By TheRead
      Hi All, I'm taking time out from my life to ride through South East Asia. Ive been in Singapore 8 years and its time to take a break and go on a long bike ride. My journey will not end in Bangkok, but its a great place to target as a start point.

I'm looking for anyone who would like to start my ride with me? Some info on me.
      - My bike is a GSXR 1000
      - My ride pace is fairly fast, certainly quicker than the speed limit, but safety is always the main concern.
      - I'm male who is 40 years of age and happy to go with the flow.
      - Budget wise I'm happy to stay in nice hotels, or cheap dumps along the way. Its all about the road and the experience.

Ive done this trip 4 times before. Each time Ive been in a rush to get into Thailand. This usually means blasting up the Malay Highway from SG to Thai boarder in one day. I'm considering a change and taking a more relaxed pace this time around. I'm thinking that the Malaysian Highlands with twisty roads and small towns may be more interesting?

Any advise or help you can give on the following:

1- Riding the Malay highlands over taking the freeway. pros /cons etc
      2- Any information on the Ketlantan thai boarder. Can I cross or do I need to head through the usual boarder.
      3- Any other advise welcome.

Anyone interested in doing part of my journey with me please let me know.
      Cheers
      Steve
    • By Bikes_
      Hey guys,

Anyone knows where to change Super4 seat cover in Malaysia? Mine is really condemned and needs to be changed but dont wanna spend so much cause still not sure if wanna renew COE next year.
    • By AbangKau
      Dear all,

I am planning to ride to Malacca this coming end of March, departing on the morning of the 29th (Good Friday public holiday), returning next day Saturday afternoon.

I will be riding a Phantom TA200, and it will be my first trip so far out.

Looking for any other riders who would be interested to ride along together. All are welcome, the more the merrier (and safer).

Hence, by any chance if you're interested leave a reply or pm me! This thread will be checked often.

Also, recommendations or advice from experienced riders are most sought after!
    • By AbangKau
      Dear all,

I am planning to ride to Malacca this coming end of March, departing on the morning of the 29th (Good Friday public holiday), returning next day Saturday afternoon.

I will be riding a Phantom TA200, and it will be my first trip so far out.

Looking for any other riders who would be interested to ride along together. All are welcome, the more the merrier (and safer).

Hence, by any chance if you're interested leave a reply or pm me! This thread will be checked often.

Also, recommendations or advice from experienced riders are most sought after!
    • By whatsupbro
      Festive Journey with Honda is a short documentary made by Malaysian Riders in collaboration with Bikers Cover Magazine and Boon Siew Honda during the recent Festive Season of Hari Raya Aidilfitri.

The journey takes them from Kuala Lumpur to Perlis in five days. Taking the Honda Goldwing and CBR1000RR, they pursue the ultimate location for a magnificent view to end their journey.