SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

BMW Motorcycles

Drawmer

Originally posted by pinglong@Jan 13 2005, 11:00 AM

OK. So our first gathering:

Date: Thursday, 20th Jan 2005.

Venue: Changi Village car park

Time: 9pm

Why 9pm?

So we all can eat dinner at home, then only come out for this meet. If we feel like it, then nasi lemak at CV. heh heh

Why car park?

Well, most of us will be riding. And we all want to ogle at each other's bike. So, let's all park and gather there.

Attendees: (Pls add on to the list)

1) pinglong

Or if you feel the timing or venue not ngam, then suggest alternative, pls. :smile:

p/s noticed how grown-up guys like us uses the Clickable Smilies freely? It feels so kiddo or girlie, but somehow it's spontaneous and fun! haha :cheeky:

hey guys, actually the best place to meet, park n ogle at each others bike is at the coffee shop next to the changi village hotel. there is a relatively big spacious area behind the bus stop for parking n you can jus sit next to your babes :smile: jus my 2 cents suggestion :cheeky:

Originally posted by gsxxer@Jan 13 2005, 12:16 PM

Was having coffee at SHan-Ri La Hotel. Parked at the very dark carpark, and when i was about to take my bike home, I noticed my ride side box on the floor. SOMEBODY REVERSED into my bike and RAN OFF!! F***!

And now the catch is broken, any guys here know where to get plastic welding done? Thanks.

:mad: :mad:

Hey Gabes.... its not a good idea to weld joint if the surface area is too small.... the joint will give way again if put to another stress cycle after some time...

saw your 'old' bike at the carpark in Kim Tian Road.... so you sold it to a friend of yours???:thumb:

Originally posted by cyclop@Jan 11 2005, 01:06 PM

Tire mending kit is a must. For me and my pals, we split the load. A good tool kit, not the one that comes with the bike. A small air pump, and a couple of CO2 cartridge. A can of tire goo, the stuff that pumps this ruberise liquid and air into a tire to mend and inflate, messy and only effective for small puncture.

Hi guys, need some help here. I went to a lot of petrol station this evening but just can't find an air pump. The air pump they have is for car, too big. What they have is those where you sort of inject some kind of substance into your tyre, then run your vehicle for 4-5 miles for it to solidify in side your tyre. The problem is, the instruction clearly says not for motorcycle use.

I've already got my tire mending kit, from Hodaka. Where exactly can I get this air pump and CO2 catridges thingy? Both BikeLab and Hodaka Motoworld don't have them. :help:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/pinglong/R1200RT_R1200GSA_top_back_on_back.jpg

arrgghh.... so envy u all.. haiz... am waitin 4 a chance to own a blue R1200GS.... :weep:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Originally posted by Sankar73@Jan 13 2005, 10:52 PM

Hey Gabes.... its not a good idea to weld joint if the surface area is too small.... the joint will give way again if put to another stress cycle after some time...

saw your 'old' bike at the carpark in Kim Tian Road.... so you sold it to a friend of yours???:thumb:

Ya I agree. not welding it now.... I'm gonna to custom myself a stainless steel catch and rivet it to the box.... My weekend project. :)

er... yah...my "old" bike. Lets talk over coffee... yah? :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/FazeGabes/MISC/R1200GSASignature.jpg

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

Originally posted by pinglong@Jan 14 2005, 12:27 AM

Hi guys, need some help here. I went to a lot of petrol station this evening but just can't find an air pump. The air pump they have is for car, too big. What they have is those where you sort of inject some kind of substance into your tyre, then run your vehicle for 4-5 miles for it to solidify in side your tyre. The problem is, the instruction clearly says not for motorcycle use.

I've already got my tire mending kit, from Hodaka. Where exactly can I get this air pump and CO2 catridges thingy? Both BikeLab and Hodaka Motoworld don't have them. :help:

Dude. U can get it from JR Pte Ltd. selling Dainese riding wear and Distributor for Metzeler tyres. You can ask for the metzeler CO2 catridge kits. About 30 bucks.

Anyway dun u have a kit as part of ur bike's tools????

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

Originally posted by gsxxer@Jan 14 2005, 01:39 AM

Anyway dun u have a kit as part of ur bike's tools????

Errr...no. And I wasn't aware that the bike comes with it. The prev owner didn't tell me. He has a set of tools, lankeys, pliers, etc. But no tyre repair kit and pump.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/pinglong/R1200RT_R1200GSA_top_back_on_back.jpg

OK. So our first gathering:

Date: Thursday, 20th Jan 2005.

Venue: Changi Village car park

Time: 9pm

Why 9pm?

So we all can eat dinner at home, then only come out for this meet. If we feel like it, then nasi lemak at CV. heh heh

Why car park?

Well, most of us will be riding. And we all want to ogle at each other's bike. So, let's all park and gather there.

Attendees: (Pls add on to the list)

1) pinglong

2) gsxxer

3) SDR

4) koma

Or if you feel the timing or venue not ngam, then suggest alternative, pls.

p/s noticed how grown-up guys like us uses the Clickable Smilies freely? It feels so kiddo or girlie, but somehow it's spontaneous and fun! haha

Originally posted by pinglong@Jan 14 2005, 02:20 AM

Errr...no. And I wasn't aware that the bike comes with it. The prev owner didn't tell me. He has a set of tools, lankeys, pliers, etc. But no tyre repair kit and pump.

Ya. The Tyre Repair Kit actually comes with the machine. Maybe I show it to you when we meet up...yah? :cheeky:

Originally posted by gsxxer@Jan 14 2005, 02:52 PM

Ya. The Tyre Repair Kit actually comes with the machine. Maybe I show it to you when we meet up...yah? :cheeky:

Sigh...maybe my prev owner didn't even get it from his prev owner. :sian:

Anyway, just came back from JR, got two sets of tire mending kit for myself. Each of those with two gas canisters. Also got myself a waterproof torchlight. Anything more serious than that, I doubt I can handle it on my own. So, I'll just call the BMW emergency number. hahaha.

And the guy from JR told me to watch out for Hall Sensor on Beemer bikes. According to him, the lifespan of this thing is usually 3 years, but due to our tropical weather, he said I ought to get it changed every 1.5 to 2 years. Anybody heard abt this b4? He used to own a bm bike himself, that's how he knows.

hey the tyre repair kit u can get from LAB..... quite cheap ehh... less den $30....

itz the excat same kit sold by motivation in the link provide by SDR....

tink they got also sell CO2 cannister by itself... not sure.. nid to go ask.....

dats the common kit in use by most..... nvr tried the cannister which inject goo into ya tyres.. frankly not advisable.... dunnoe got wot effects...

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

why meeting on thurs.... Friday lehh.... got sch cun go out too late on thurs... :weep:

'01 - Honda Repsol

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Originally posted by koma@Jan 14 2005, 01:25 PM

ashenz haven sold off my baby vfr(cant even tink of sellin it), gs1100 is my spare bike ;)

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

2 bikess???? all dua gus~ *envious*

sighzz.. one day wish can be like ya also~

maybe get a FJR n R1200GS .. hehhee~ :cheeky:

'01 - Honda Repsol

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Originally posted by pinglong@Jan 14 2005, 04:03 PM

Sigh...maybe my prev owner didn't even get it from his prev owner. :sian:

Anyway, just came back from JR, got two sets of tire mending kit for myself. Each of those with two gas canisters. Also got myself a waterproof torchlight. Anything more serious than that, I doubt I can handle it on my own. So, I'll just call the BMW emergency number. hahaha.

And the guy from JR told me to watch out for Hall Sensor on Beemer bikes. According to him, the lifespan of this thing is usually 3 years, but due to our tropical weather, he said I ought to get it changed every 1.5 to 2 years. Anybody heard abt this b4? He used to own a bm bike himself, that's how he knows.

Yah, He is right about the Hall sensor AKA Ignition Sensor Board. From the best of my knowledge, Yes it's about 3 yrs, but towards the 3rd yr it would be good to bring along a spare. Which if u buy a new one.... will cost S$400-$500 which will also depend on the euro dollar.

It's easy to change to a certain extend like what Koma said. But in order to access the Hall sensor, u need to remove the alternator belt assembly. :mad:

I dunno whether i have the confidence to do that. :cheeky:

Maybe spend a Sunday removing the front ABS plastic cover and see how it can be removed. o_O

Originally posted by gsxxer@Jan 14 2005, 01:37 AM

Ya I agree. not welding it now.... I'm gonna to custom myself a stainless steel catch and rivet it to the box.... My weekend project. :)

er... yah...my "old" bike. Lets talk over coffee... yah? :)

ok bro.... Sat can?? i need to go to bikelab to service my scrambler forks... so can meet you somewhere there for coffee... then you can give me a ride back home....:bounce:

... or i can meet you next thursday at changi village with you guys....

:thumb:

Originally posted by ashenZ@Jan 13 2005, 01:39 AM

Hey cyclops... PML gave u free top box???? wherez ya side panniers???? hmmzz i see they gave ya free engine protectors.... hehhee~!~

Good 1st try reviews... keep the post coming in... hhahahahaa..... realli makes our hearts n fingers itchy....... and the pockets will complain afterwards... :box:

ur babe lukz stunning.... abit of stickers n accessories if u wan.... and ur babe becomez a gung-ho hunk~! :thumb:

Live the RiDE & Ryde the LiFE~!~!

The engine guard is free but top box and mounting from me own pocket. PML offers 20% discount off accessories price that are put on the same bill as bike purchase so I try to grab what I think I'll need.

The sideboxes comes with the bike but I left it at home. Wanna get use to the bike first before I get too ambitious...heh heh

Thanks for the encouragements guys, will post more after I get a few more miles under the belt.

:smile:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b193/KohTL/1098/signature.jpg

The years thunder by.

The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.

Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Where, then, lies the answer?

In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

- Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

Originally posted by SDR@Jan 13 2005, 02:11 AM

u run in ur bike in a day:thumb:

u r good, on 1st ride and u r able to scratch ur footpeg. remember my 1st ride only last 1hr, i was very tired, can't get used to heavy bike after riding a Jap. saw some R1100R got scratches on engine cases (both sides), told me it was due to cornering, no matter how low or fast i go, i can never touches it, wonder how you guys do it. :thumb:

must be really fun ridding on it, really a nice and naked machine, it's lighter and smaller than the old GS, right?

Congrats again.:cheer:

See you 2nite, izzit 2 nite or next thurs?

Half way thru run in, but gotta let the bike rest a little cause my working cycle starts again. Me shift worker, 12 to 13 hour day, company parking area not friendly to big bike, so me RVF brings me to work.

Would really love to meet up with you guys but will need to cover for Muslim counterpart during Haji period so that they can go on leave. They help us out during Chinese New Year so everybody's happy :thumb: See if I can finish early and drop by.

Heh heh, the footpeg thingie was totally unintentional. I believe if I've tried to do it conciously, I would probably fails at this point in time, so I cannot take credit for the stunt.:cheeky:

Yes the new GS is lighter than the previous model by about 30kg and its also slimmer. I read that they actually put a 30kg drum in the middle of the design studio for the designers and engineers to get a feel of the mass that they have to shave off for the new design....neat!:thumb:

The years thunder by.

The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.

Originally posted by kopvampp@Jan 13 2005, 07:58 AM

hello the pictures too little lah take a few more shots different angle mah...chiobu mah...:cheeky:

Ooi peng yu.... you saw the actual bike already mah.... ok ok, I go take some more....standby....

The years thunder by.

Originally posted by ashenZ@Jan 14 2005, 07:07 PM

maybe get a FJR n R1200GS .. hehhee~ :cheeky:

Wah!!! Killer combination man!!!:bouncefire:

The years thunder by.

The airpump belongs to one of the riders that I usually tours with and its kind of small. Will check with him as to where he got it and will update you guys. He rides a GL1800 so there's plenty of juice for the pump. He has modified the connector to plug into his bike.

The Goo is for use only in time of desperation, work with the CO2 canister and plug as far as possible.

The years thunder by.

Originally posted by Sankar73@Jan 14 2005, 09:50 PM

ok bro.... Sat can?? i need to go to bikelab to service my scrambler forks... so can meet you somewhere there for coffee... then you can give me a ride back home....:bounce:

... or i can meet you next thursday at changi village with you guys....

:thumb:

Next Thurs Changi V sounds good. :)

Originally posted by SDR@Jan 15 2005, 10:05 AM

Air Pump,if u guys seriously need it,u can try Mustafa 3rd floor Hardware section.i saw it there,price should be less than $45/- or $30+.

Goo - think ever see this type of tyre seal for motorcycle same price,most of them indicate not 4 m/cycle.

ur air pump issit manual or electric pump???? wanna look for a realli small and handy MANUAL pump dat can pump a m/cycle tyre.. but hor... outside dun have... ehhh... or i cun find wan yet.....

Cyclop.. u like the combi horr?? *dreamz dreamZz* dat is for people whoz filthy rich... hhahhaaa.... better get a class 2 for touring and a small class 2A for city usage..... but tink FJR fits all..... till the off-road part where ur baby R12GS comes in... hehehhee~~~

hey does PML have R1200GS for test ride yet???? cun wait to get my buttocks on one to try the feel~

'01 - Honda Repsol

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

the cannisters are sold at JR...

...home is where the front of my wheel is. - striking viking

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2066/2077175805_ba8dd2dcfa_m.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2074/2077981830_a5948902e2_m.jpg