SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

BMW Motorcycles

Drawmer

Originally posted by pinglong@Nov 24 2004, 11:12 AM

Not too sure abt the Bring More Women part lah. haha.

I think most of them prefers car to bike.

Anyway, that's not the reason I get a bike.

As long as it doesn't Bring More Worries, I'm happy enough.

Well, thank you all for your comments!

Loan has been approved. Doing all the transfer, insurance, etc. now.

Going to take over the bike end of this week. So excited!

Now...time to shop around for riding gear....hahahahahaa

:bounce: :thumb: :smile:

For me, Big Money Wasted.

Rgds

Leonids

When god made me, he was just showin off!

http://www.vespaclub.sg/images/Website%20logo%20Small.jpg

was talking to friend who rides GS1150 he paid $33k+ otr n OMV is $18k+

mmm...PML sold at ~180+% of the OMV while others sell at ~130% an eg. TDM $17k+ otr with OMV at ~$13k

the above finding leave me wondering y PML price the bikes so high:confused:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by ashenZ@Nov 25 2004, 06:43 PM

hahhaha.. i not veteran.... i young man onli~~! dun mind the crowd... juz join... keep a lookout in trip n thrills loh~ lotsa friendly people around......

hey, I'm also young what. late twenties only mah. But in terms of riding experience, most likely worse than you. Look at my profile: 'L' plate.

hahaha

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/pinglong/R1200RT_R1200GSA_top_back_on_back.jpg

Originally posted by elws@Nov 25 2004, 09:46 PM

Enjoy ur new bike. Hope u have lots of fun riding with the radio on............

I doubt I will be using the radio much though. Feels weird...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/pinglong/R1200RT_R1200GSA_top_back_on_back.jpg

No deny. PML SUCKS in certain sense. Dun want to stock up spare parts. Dun mention ur R100R. Middle age bike also is the same. Only eight yrs old GS and they dun have even a 20 cents seal keep in stock. Dun know wat they are doing. Wasting time 20 cents seal have to order and wait for pathetic 45 DAYS. Can understand the bike market is small but the way they handle. No wonder onbody is buying new bikes from them.

As u say now the beemers is losing their character, getting the same feeling as riding a JAP bike. THEY ARE REALLY LOSING THEIR CHARACTER. No more the boxy feeling. They can say how good the bike is, better refined engine, lighter, more HP. Wat the heck BMW is doing???? No character at all. Ride a JAP better anytime and lesser break down rate.

The older series is still holding to the boxer character, but the newer series is up to individual to comments...........

I cannot say that BMW bike is totally wrecked bike but the AGENT sucks ...........

Just got my bike last nite!

Around 9pm went to meet the broker and the owner at Temasek club. Broker treat us to dinner and beer, of course I didn't drink, just ordered tea. Then talk c***

talk c*** for a while. Then after that inspect the bike visually. Hmm .... everything looks good, just like the first time I saw it. Checked the mileage, bloody hell, the owner has done quite some riding before handing it to me uh. 600km in two weeks. Never mind, give him one last chance lah. hahaha.

Then took the bike for a spin on the highway. Whoa....it felt goood! Went back

to the club, talk c*** talk c*** some more. Then the owner brief me on the

characteristic of the bike, how to operate switches, open up compartments, etc.

Then, he briefed me on the handling of the bike, when to service, what to check

regularly. Whoa..this guy damn patient. Going to let go bike already, but want

to make sure new owner takes good care of his bike like tat. Then gave me a

couple of phone numbers that I can call in case of emergency. Then told me the

first thing I need to change are the tyres. And he showed me why I need to

change and how to keep a lookout for signs of needing to change in future.

After that, it was an emotional handing over of keys. He was ....

sigh...sad.... Then the broker suggest I send the owner to MRT station so he

can take the train home. But I let him ride one last time all the way back to

his home at Jurong while I ride pillon instead. Stopped by at some petrol station to fill up for the first time. He showed me how to open the fuel tank, check tire

pressure and told me how much air to pump in. Then after that, I took over the

bike while he walk back to his place just behind the petrol station. Just then

an aunty in Esso uniform at petrol station ask me, "You buy his bike

uh?" I said "yeah loh". Then she turn to the owner

"Whoa..ni she de mai uh?". The owner just smiled and waved at her. I

tell u, that moment was so....emotional. Then after both of them walked away, I

patted the bike, and whisper to it, "I will take good care of you. So, you

must take good care of me also uh. We will have many many fulfilling rides

together, ok?" And with that, I started the engine, engage 1st gear and

move on. Went on the highway, all the way from West Singapore to Changi Airport

in the East. Stopped at the airport to check out the bike up close again, then

zip back home. Whoa......... :thumb:

This morning rode to work, I've never been so early to office for a looong time

already. hahahaha. Next time can sleep later a bit liao. hahahahahaha

Check out my bike below :bouncefire:

Originally posted by SDR@Nov 30 2004, 01:46 PM

Congradulation. Nice bike, looks new, it is well taken care, shining panniers, guess no scratches, tt's perfect.

Enjoy yr ride.

Will wave at you when c a happy RT rider. Pls wave back to who ever wave at you, may be, except TP lah. Wave at him, you will get ŽOäÝ for dangerous ridingB

Enclosed my bike picture, should not be difficult to miss, as only 1 out of 5 with windshield. now have additional 2 spot lights, chrome engine casing and new side panniers (black) not red.

Thanks!

Hey I'm a nice guy, I will certainly wave back. Haha.

But what if TP wave at you 1st uh? Will it be a trap to see whether you wave back or not? hahaha

Wow your bike is very unique. You are right, won't be able to miss. Must've spent a lot maintaining, huh? What model is it? I've been eyeing/targeting RT all the while. So, haven't been paying attention to other models. I'm thinking of fixing additional spot lights on my bike as well to aid in night riding when I go touring up north. Can u recommend anywhere good and reliable I can do that, pls? Also, where do you get your riding gear (Touring jacket, pants, boots)? Is it advisable to get BMW riding gear? I like their design. Is there anybody other than PML who sells them?

Originally posted by SDR@Nov 30 2004, 01:46 PM

Congradulation. Nice bike, looks new, it is well taken care, shining panniers, guess no scratches, tt's perfect.

Enjoy yr ride.

Will wave at you when c a happy RT rider. Pls wave back to who ever wave at you, may be, except TP lah. Wave at him, you will get ŽOäÝ for dangerous ridingB

Enclosed my bike picture, should not be difficult to miss, as only 1 out of 5 with windshield. now have additional 2 spot lights, chrome engine casing and new side panniers (black) not red.

Oh, you're the one who spent 10K to repair over 6 years one. Sorry, missed it earlier. But I think, as long as we're happy with our bikes, at the end of the day that's all that matters, right?

Originally posted by pinglong@Nov 30 2004, 03:46 PM

Thanks!

Hey I'm a nice guy, I will certainly wave back. Haha.

But what if TP wave at you 1st uh? Will it be a trap to see whether you wave back or not? hahaha

Wow your bike is very unique. You are right, won't be able to miss. Must've spent a lot maintaining, huh? What model is it? I've been eyeing/targeting RT all the while. So, haven't been paying attention to other models. I'm thinking of fixing additional spot lights on my bike as well to aid in night riding when I go touring up north. Can u recommend anywhere good and reliable I can do that, pls? Also, where do you get your riding gear (Touring jacket, pants, boots)? Is it advisable to get BMW riding gear? I like their design. Is there anybody other than PML who sells them?

Hi, nice RT u got there :smile:

In fact I heard of your story abt the ex owner pillioning u before u decided :smile:

Tink its one of the BMW Club members.

Anyway, rgding the fog lamps n gear, u can try M-Technik. They had just brought in the some riding gears which is the same as the BMW ones but at say 1/3 or 1/2 of their price. As for the fog lamps, u can try fixing the square Hellas :smile:

Enjoy yr babe :goodluck:

Just look at the FJR and STX, BMW doesn't stand a chance. Faster, sportier, more reliable, half the price... It may not be as comfy, but it can get you to the destination maybe an hour faster than the RT...

I don't think BMW bikes can survive for long without innovating. I salute the K1200S and K1200R, very bold new models, which still have that BMW DNA in them (not so japanese afterall).

BMW cars have it all - Top Performance, sporty handling, supreme comfort, excellent build quality and killer looks.... Just look at the new 6 series! Very desirable machines compared to the Japanese competition. Wouldn't it be nice if the bikes could do the same?

Originally posted by SDR@Dec 1 2004, 12:13 PM

Mine is a 95 model Mystic R100R, 2 valves. I was told that only 5 in SEA and all 5 are here, recently was told that 2 being exported out, wonder if it is true, left 3. met them before and believe they are still riding this old horse.

I don't use ridding gears, may be i m just an old, slow and unsafe rider, even if i ride up to Penang, I just put my jeans, T-shirt and Dr Marin or Timberland shoes, cannot get use to ridding gear, put them on, i can't ride. If possible, I don't like to put on Helmet too.

Should you get BMW gears, good question. I won't discourage you as they are 1 of the best designed gears. But if you are changing bike in near future, then don't get BMW, very inappropriate to wear BMW and ride Honda.

My spot lights were installed by Kim Keat Motor, think he is quite good, so far so good, no complains.

Last night, Bertha (oh yeah, I call my 282kg behemoth THAT, haha) and I went to Orchard Rd to look at X'mas Light-up & Decoration. My god, the road was jam-packed, there were so many vehicles on the road. Unlike my old scrambler, lean and nimble, we were not able to 'squeeze' through in-between those cars that much. So, I had to maneuver Bertha at slow speed. That's when the sheer weight of it hit me. I was immediately intimidated, I was panting inside the helmet, sweats on my forehead, and I can feel myself perspiring inside my work clothes. And we were only at Orchard Towers! Slowly, slowly inching our way thru, got a few near-misses. It was a huge relief when I finally got to Plaza Singapura coz the traffic eases somewhat from there onwards. Pheww...went somewhere to stop and to calm down.. Need more practice uh.. This is just the beginning. Talk about excitement in life, looks like I got what I asked for. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Maneuvering Bertha at low-speed requires significant amount of skills and balance. Although I was intimidated, but it felt good afterwards.

Right now, I just want to master the handling of my bike. Not interested in other brands. But what will happen in future, who will know. Hmm..so for now, BMW gear it is. Looks like need to go to town again this evening to shop around.

I noticed this topic is slowly turning into my personal blog, where I write abt my experience of owning a bike for the first time. HHAHAHAHA. OK, from now on, I will concentrate on REALLY usefull technical info on BM bikes only. Apologies.

Originally posted by SDR@Dec 1 2004, 12:49 PM

P.S. : Do you think I can be a good salesman for BMW?

I personally think you would make a GREAT BMW salesman. LOL!

You evoke the human emotion involved in owning a BMW bike, not just blabber about the technical aspect of things which I can read from the brochure or datasheet or just surf the net!

For all of you whom either gave me tips, tell me where to get my riding gear or accessories, or words of encouragement or discouragement, caution or warn me against certain things...I want to say BIG THANK YOU. I may not have replied to you directly, but rest assured, I read and consider every single posts in here. and I appreciate ALL your comments.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!

Originally posted by pinglong@Dec 1 2004, 12:48 PM

I noticed this topic is slowly turning into my personal blog, where I write abt my experience of owning a bike for the first time.

Keep it coming.

:cheer:

Why are people who ride motorcycles called bikers and people who ride bikes called cyclists?

All these can only be experience on a Big Money Wasted machine and you love it, trust me.

So you buy BMW bikes for the glamour of owning one?

Well, I don't like attention on the road. To me, a great bike is one with Character. I love the rhydmn of a Ducati Desmo engine, to feel every thump of a big capacity V-twin, the mighty roar of the induction note when powering out of a corner, the rock stability and excellent handling of the trademark Ducati Trellis frame.

Don't get me wrong, its alright to be proud of our bikes. But to buy a bike just to be the centre of attraction on the road? Well, I'd rather no one notices me, treats me as everyone else on the road. Last thing I want is my beautiful engine sound being drowned out by some bengster one point something litre riced out car trying to convince me his milocan sized exhaust is gonna fighten me...

I think BMW motorcycles have a different, unique character of their own. To me, a BMW motorcycle is comfortable, high tech, with excellent brakes and very capable of touring huge distances.

Yes, it feels great to turn heads on the road, its an Ego thing, but it shouldn't be the top piority in selecting a bike should it?

Originally posted by pinglong@Nov 25 2004, 09:56 AM

Haha..thanks! I certainly will enjoy the ride! I believe in the bike, despite its age, I believe i will have not much worries with it. Yes, I have faith in all the previous owners. It's such a beauty, they must've taken good care of it. And now, it's my turn.... hahaha

Hey, u must be a veteran rider. Mind if I join you and your friends in one of your riding trips next time? I would like to get to know more riding friends :bouncefire:

yeah!! Live the Ride! Ride the Life! Well said!

Glad to hear dat u got ya new baby, Bertha.... and enjoyed riding it!~

Hope it stays hassle-free ya??? *cross fingers*

I probz goin to GP pump petrol this coming sat.. usualli i wud go myself or with my neighbour who rides a FJR... :smile: Wonder would you like to join??

hahha~ juz PM if u r interested.... usualli dun stick around groups.. juz a few who enjoy each other's company.....

:thumb: for your new ridEe~

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Originally posted by pinglong@Dec 1 2004, 12:48 PM

Last night, Bertha (oh yeah, I call my 282kg behemoth THAT, haha) and I went to Orchard Rd to look at X'mas Light-up & Decoration. My god, the road was jam-packed, there were so many vehicles on the road. Unlike my old scrambler, lean and nimble, we were not able to 'squeeze' through in-between those cars that much. So, I had to maneuver Bertha at slow speed. That's when the sheer weight of it hit me. I was immediately intimidated, I was panting inside the helmet, sweats on my forehead, and I can feel myself perspiring inside my work clothes. And we were only at Orchard Towers! Slowly, slowly inching our way thru, got a few near-misses. It was a huge relief when I finally got to Plaza Singapura coz the traffic eases somewhat from there onwards. Pheww...went somewhere to stop and to calm down.. Need more practice uh.. This is just the beginning. Talk about excitement in life, looks like I got what I asked for. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Maneuvering Bertha at low-speed requires significant amount of skills and balance. Although I was intimidated, but it felt good afterwards.

Right now, I just want to master the handling of my bike. Not interested in other brands. But what will happen in future, who will know. Hmm..so for now, BMW gear it is. Looks like need to go to town again this evening to shop around.

I noticed this topic is slowly turning into my personal blog, where I write abt my experience of owning a bike for the first time. HHAHAHAHA. OK, from now on, I will concentrate on REALLY usefull technical info on BM bikes only. Apologies.

hahhaha broo~!~! itz an enjoyment to hear about ur experiences with ur new ride.. hehhe~!

Mai hiam liaoozz..... RT is very light liaoz... Try handling an ST.... 290kg dry weight... and negotiate it tru traffic jams..... RT not as bulky n heavy... juz nid some adjustments.. since ur last ride is a trailo bike rite??? juz b more careful not to drop it as itz bike protection not as sound as a ST :goodluck:

hahhaa... RT is realli a good touring... road machine.... itz very comfy... smooth.. good handling...... no probz with it..... din take mi long to get used to its handling when i test ride it for around 45mins dat time at PML.... itz super user friendly....

BMW is an Attitude... an ICON... like Harley Davidson and Vespa.... itz very prestigous.... very expriencing.... u cun get it frm another other bike brands like Honda, Yamaha.......

When i'm more into the years.... mid-forties/fiffties.... and with enough cash on hand..... i would trade thrill and power.... for a nice comfortable n experiencing touring/street machine like RT... :thumb:

hope to see ya on the streets~ which area in spore u live in??? i live in jurong too... never see a RT rider around before ehh~

'01 - Honda Repsol

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Originally posted by ashenZ@Dec 1 2004, 10:51 PM

hahhaha broo~!~! itz an enjoyment to hear about ur experiences with ur new ride.. hehhe~!

Mai hiam liaoozz..... RT is very light liaoz... Try handling an ST.... 290kg dry weight... and negotiate it tru traffic jams..... RT not as bulky n heavy... juz nid some adjustments.. since ur last ride is a trailo bike rite??? juz b more careful not to drop it as itz bike protection not as sound as a ST :goodluck:

hahhaa... RT is realli a good touring... road machine.... itz very comfy... smooth.. good handling...... no probz with it..... din take mi long to get used to its handling when i test ride it for around 45mins dat time at PML.... itz super user friendly....

BMW is an Attitude... an ICON... like Harley Davidson and Vespa.... itz very prestigous.... very expriencing.... u cun get it frm another other bike brands like Honda, Yamaha.......

When i'm more into the years.... mid-forties/fiffties.... and with enough cash on hand..... i would trade thrill and power.... for a nice comfortable n experiencing touring/street machine like RT... :thumb:

hope to see ya on the streets~ which area in spore u live in??? i live in jurong too... never see a RT rider around before ehh~

Whoa...give chance for me to complain a bit lah. If want to compare weight, might as well compare to Gold Wing, then my RT will seem soooo light. hahahahaha

Seriously, need some getting used to lah. I think the day I'm able to ride thru Orchard without even being conscious and THINKING about the effort required to maneuver it at low speed, is the day I'm at ONE with Bertha. Whoa...never realise I can be so profound and deep. hahahaha

OK, enough about the good things about Bertha. Now the downside...

1) It's heavy - but I think I'll get used to it. I'm 1.7m 80kg.

2) It vibrates a lot - Don't think I can do anything about it as it seems this is prevalent to this particular model, and also of the boxer engine. I noticed there's not much vibration at the handlebar at speed of around 90-110km/h. But below or beyond that, it's like one of those electrical massage thingy that vibrates. When not moving, it sways to the right when I twist the throttle.

3) Changing of gear is a loud affair with the "CLUNK" sound.

4) Engine heats up very easily. During my Orchard Road "adventure", the temp gauge almost touch the red line throughout, I think one or 2 bars more.

5) Suspension, I feel .....am I asking for too much by comparing to a car? hahaha. For a 6-year old bike, need to change or tune something?

Judging by the way you describe your test ride, looks like the new RT is a big improvement yeah?

I live in Eunos. The previous owner is from Jurong. He stays somewhere near Jurong Town Hall Rd. I remember the signboard that we pass by but I couldn't remember the actual Road we were at.

Where is this GP place where u pump petrol at? I'm thinking of riding into Johor this weekend to visit my parents. Yeah, I'm a Malaysian (Singapore PR). Been working here for 4 years already.

Originally posted by pinglong@Dec 1 2004, 11:52 PM

Whoa...give chance for me to complain a bit lah. If want to compare weight, might as well compare to Gold Wing, then my RT will seem soooo light. hahahahaha

Seriously, need some getting used to lah. I think the day I'm able to ride thru Orchard without even being conscious and THINKING about the effort required to maneuver it at low speed, is the day I'm at ONE with Bertha. Whoa...never realise I can be so profound and deep. hahahaha

OK, enough about the good things about Bertha. Now the downside...

1) It's heavy - but I think I'll get used to it. I'm 1.7m 80kg.

2) It vibrates a lot - Don't think I can do anything about it as it seems this is prevalent to this particular model, and also of the boxer engine. I noticed there's not much vibration at the handlebar at speed of around 90-110km/h. But below or beyond that, it's like one of those electrical massage thingy that vibrates. When not moving, it sways to the right when I twist the throttle.

3) Changing of gear is a loud affair with the "CLUNK" sound.

4) Engine heats up very easily. During my Orchard Road "adventure", the temp gauge almost touch the red line throughout, I think one or 2 bars more.

5) Suspension, I feel .....am I asking for too much by comparing to a car? hahaha. For a 6-year old bike, need to change or tune something?

Judging by the way you describe your test ride, looks like the new RT is a big improvement yeah?

I live in Eunos. The previous owner is from Jurong. He stays somewhere near Jurong Town Hall Rd. I remember the signboard that we pass by but I couldn't remember the actual Road we were at.

Where is this GP place where u pump petrol at? I'm thinking of riding into Johor this weekend to visit my parents. Yeah, I'm a Malaysian (Singapore PR). Been working here for 4 years already.

GP = Gelan Patah.. 1st town if go in frm 2nd Link...

hahhaa.. tink u will get used to the weight... itz very light comparatively.... im 2 cm taller n ard 10kg heavier ehh~ hhahhaa~ :sian:

Vibration : From my experience from R1150RT test ride.... RT really vibrates alot!!~ makes my hands numb siah.... if go at low or very high speed... wot i can say is maibe get heavier balancers??? PML pple says dat itz usual for RT to vibrate more den any other models or brands.. other den Harley... so... have to get used....

Change of gears : frm my test ride... it seems to be very subtle when chainging gears.. quite smooth actualli... other den kick down or up from NEUTRAL.... Maybe u can ask mechanic when send for servicing??

Heat up : RT is incredible when comez to heat system... 'coz... for R1150RT.. you wun feel the heat (even if itz over heating) anywhere near ur legs , body or arms.... 'Cos the heat is channel to the Console/wind screen area, n blow up.... so u wun feel the immense heat of traffic jams~! it doesnt heats up as bad compare to ST.....

Suspension : tink u shud get PML or other reliable bike shops to give ur bike a full check-up.... like suspension.. cooling system.. engine performance... juz for the ease of mind... if u have spare cash to spare....

Best to spot any problem with the bike in the beginning.. den rather waiting for the problems to occur one by one.. be more proactive in bike maintenance..... if ur finanace allows... :smile:

'01 - Honda Repsol

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

hmm.. i agree sometimes dat gettin attraction is shiok... but den.. its not always gd..

got a few times.. while i was kruzin on ECP wif my interstate.. some taxi drivers juz drive beside me.. n kip starin at my bike... i was so stresss... they nvr c the rd sia... den a few times almost eat to my lane... i horn them.. tell them to c the rd.. den i whack off... scared liaoz.... :giddy:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Do Farreri owners travelled at 340km/hr? Think they travel at 60km/hr in orchard road more often than 100km/hr on the highway. We can't compare brands and built quality, given a choice, everythings remain constant, which will u take? Farreri or 350Z? I will take any Farreri, even if it is a 20yrs old car. If you ever drives a Farreri, you will alway want to stay at that range, not to downgrade (in term of status).

Sorry to say, I love Yamaha bikes, but if I have 50k to burnt, my 1st choice will still be a BMW despite how slow, lousy or problematic they are. Go to PML, look for Anthony (wonder if he is still there) or Choon Kiat, test ride it, after the test ride (any model), your desire to buy 1 will get stronger day by day, you even dream of it at night, you will never forget how enjoyable this stupid machine is, you will never felt so proud when Benz, BMW, Audi car owners stares at your bike bcos of the logos on the oil tank, you felt so good when most Japanese car owners start ramping their engines at traffic junction and trying to over take you bcos they felt inferior to drive a Jap car or when their pretty chicks beside were staring at your bike. When you look into the speedometer or odometer, the indicator (needle) which design is like a sword, it is just like looking at your Rolex watch, watching the needle climbing slowly has never been so enjoyable and the BMW word in the meters that you can nvr miss and suddenly you feel so proud whenever you look into the meters.

At the traffic junction, there can be a HD, Goldwing, STX, FJR, but your BMW (may be much smaller than theirs will be the main attraction to pedestrains, all will stared at your bike only, ignoring all the rest of the machines. Parked on pavement, yours will still be the most outstanding regardless if there are a thousand bikes there. You will get very nervous as many passer-by will stop to look into your beauty.

All these can only be experience on a Big Money Wasted machine and you love it, trust me.

Hey SDR,

Not only are u a good sales man but oso a good bike psychologist :smile:

Before I put in my comments, pls note that this is my personal observation and experience and I do not have the intention of any ill feelings towards any.

Personally i oso went thru the phase when i hated the BMW riders cos i felt they were a proud bunch n upon hearing the cost of ownership, it further strengthens my perception of them being suckers :sweat: I stood by Jap bikes anytime and i would always say ' Wat the Beemer can do, the Jap bike can too !' But i know deep down inside me, it was just a sense of jealousy and envy.

So when i was ready to buy an enduro, i look high n low and studied all possibilities of which the Caponard came close with the same GS tubeless spoke rims. I made several comparisons and decided that the AT was the best. It was indeed the BEST as it was a DO ALL, SUPERBLY low maintenance bike :smile: However, when i finally test rode a GS, I realise wat i had been missing. Wonder if u guys had tat feeling before when u sit in a Jap car and then sit in a Continental car :thumb:

So there I go again, I went around talking to GS owners and realise that there were some concerns abt owning BMW bikes. Finally, I landed myself with a GS1100 and whoa .... aint she a beauty to ride :thumb:

The handling would make an average rider feels like an accomplished one :smile:

The brakes were superb n the comfort was reasonable depending on how much flesh u hv got at the back.

I wont deny that repairs may be expensive but i guess it all depends on luck as i know of pple who spent lesser $ on their GSes than their Jap bikes.

So, at the end of the day, search thru your heart and soul and you will know where your butt belongs :smile: