SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

BMW Motorcycles

Drawmer

My Valves are really out and its irritating the hell out of me! The sound is IRRITATING!!! AAARGHHH............

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/FazeGabes/MISC/R1200GSASignature.jpg

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

Originally posted by SDR@Mar 4 2005, 12:45 PM

Ya, yet to meet you too, may drop by to meet you.  about what time?

Hey Guys,

we have yet to meet Cyclop and somehow most of us will be there M-technik 2molo.

I will probably be there about 2 plus onwards.need to do my lights.

So we meet there and have kopi?

Who's game.

:smile:

1) RT

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Hey Guys,

we have yet to meet Cyclop and somehow most of us will be there M-technik 2molo.

Who's game.

1) RT (Do Auxiliary Lights)

2) GSGabes (Do Quick Release valves, Brake Pads, maybe Aux. Lights)

3)

4)

5)

6)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/FazeGabes/MISC/R1200GSASignature.jpg

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

Who's game.

3) Cyclop (gonna break the bank again)

4)

5)

6)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b193/KohTL/1098/signature.jpg

The years thunder by.

The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.

Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Where, then, lies the answer?

In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

- Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

Originally posted by gregwhite@Mar 4 2005, 10:20 AM

Hello

Thanks for the comments especially GS1200,Koma & SDR and not to mention those I have missed out. I met a guy riding the the R1150GS Adv with nice number on the road. Asked about the Adv and his comments was if you are able to live with the weight by all means go ahead fully loaded during stationary. Other than than it's a good bike for real long distance touring. He also commented that with a full tank on until reserve he can hit from Tapah until GP non stop at legal speed.

He said that otherwise with the same kind of price go for the 1200GS. His comments about the 1200GS' handling and speed which was very positive as he just made a trip with another rider on a 1200GS in January this year. But the down side of this was due to the fact that the 1200GS is still not proven and they are still sorting out the unknown problems.

Thanks once again for all the positve comments. I'll be heading down to PML to book a Adv.

Cheers

gd buy, always wanted the adventure also but due to the seat height of the adventure i cant handle it as it is too high for me... :cry:

Originally posted by PL@Mar 4 2005, 10:25 AM

So late..... by that time I can be at home, showered, shaking legs in front of the TV already leh. what abt the rest of u guys?

Good luck, man! I'm sure u will enjoy ur ride. Plenty of helpful ppl in here. And these guys are good people. :thumb: :goodluck:

Darn...another GS kia....seems like I'm missing something here

R1200.....

RT or GS?

RT or GS?

RT or GS?

RT or GS?

Nvm, I have till Nov 2006 to consider

PL i be meetin my frens 8:30pm at gp esso. u wanna come??

Originally posted by PL@Mar 4 2005, 11:10 AM

Yeap...I like the part

Khoo Family, 19 cars , 50 years.......

Immediately an idea came to my mind. BMW can make an ad using me as their subject:

First scene

will show PL arrive at a job interview on his GS, looking nervous adjusting his tie. Moments later, he walks out of the lobby, he clenches his fists, screaming 'YES!'. He do all this facing his GS, as if telling it he's got the job.

2nd scene

Shows PL going out on a date, coming out of a theatre with his lady. They were walking towards the carpark, looking at each other lovingly along the way. Then reaching a car, PL opens the door and the lady step in. Then PL walks to the driver side of the car as the camera zoom out, showing the whole body of a BMW 3-series.

3rd scene

Shows PL and wife walking out of a nice terrace house carrying stuff into a car boot. The camera follows PL as he got into the driver seat, then the camera follows him as he turn to the back, looking at his wife strapping their 3 little children onto the back seat. His children smiles at him as his wife step into the seat beside him. Then as they close their car doors, the camera zoom out and up, showing a BMW 5-series move out of the car porch.

4th scene

PL sitting at the chairman seat of a long mahogany conference table in a spacious room with all the projectors showing some bars and charts and flowcharts and animations on screen and somebody making presentation. Then the presenter looks at PL nervously, seeking approval. The whole room was expecting PL to say something. Then PL cooly, slowly...nodded. And the presenter's face turn to relief. PL smiles. Moments later they all walk out to the lobby of the building together, heading for lunch. Camera zoom to a BMW 7-series as a chauffer opens the car door for PL to get in.

5th scene

PL sitting at a garden of a huge beautiful bungalow sipping tea as his grandchildren run and play around him. Then one of his very small and cute granddaughter tripped and accidentally collapse between his lap and start to cry. PL laughs and carries her and then gather all his grandchildren together and they walk towards a car. Camera zoom out and up showing his grandchildren all running towards a car a BMW 6-series, opening its doors on their own to get in. PL then turn to look at his son standing at the side smiling looking at all the commotion. PL winks at his son, and throws the car keys to him. PL's son catches the keys, and step into the driver seat. PL walks away to another side of the car, still carrying the granddaughter that tripped on his lap just now, pulls off the cover that is covering something, camera only shows cover falls onto the ground. Then camera zoom to PL putting on a small and cute helmet for his granddaugter. Then camera shows PL putting on a BMW Evo helmet (tinted). PL climbs onto the seat of a bike while his graddaughter stood there with her hands stretched out, waiting for her grandpa to carry her. PL looks at her, bend down and tap his index finger on her helmet playfully and carries her onto the fuel tank. Camera zoom to granddaughter's face, smiling happily and excitedly. Then camera moves to the back of the bike, zoom out and up showing the latest model of a dark grey BMW RT moving off slowly.

The screen goes blank, and the tagline appears:

"Some people just know what's best for them in life....."

All the above scenes are in slow motion and with nice accompanying music. BMW prob need to hire James Cameron to compose some nice music for the mood and feel.

hahahahah

hahaha~~!! nice 1 bro ;)

Originally posted by koma@Mar 4 2005, 02:43 PM

PL i be meetin my frens 8:30pm at gp esso. u wanna come??

No lah, today will head home straight after work ard 6. U enjoy urself :-)

But the Melaka trip on Sun.....hmmm....... anybody else interested?

I want to rest this weekend, but...heart a bit itchy...hehehehe

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/pinglong/R1200RT_R1200GSA_top_back_on_back.jpg

Originally posted by PL@Mar 4 2005, 02:46 PM

No lah, today will head home straight after work ard 6. U enjoy urself :-)

But the Melaka trip on Sun.....hmmm....... anybody else interested?

I want to rest this weekend, but...heart a bit itchy...hehehehe

sure pl no prob ;) the malacca trip im plannin for next sun not tis 1 :)

Originally posted by GSGabes@Mar 4 2005, 01:35 PM

Hey Guys,

Who's game.

3)

4)

5)

6)

i will go dwn if im nopt goin PG track tml with my frens. also wan 2 change my fuel hoses, do the quick release valves on my tank

Originally posted by koma@Mar 4 2005, 02:52 PM

sure pl no prob ;) the malacca trip im plannin for next sun not tis 1 :)

Ai yah, I'm going to KL next sun. So, won't be joining lah.

U gng to PG track tomorrow? What time? Can I go look see look see? Never been there b4 myself.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/pinglong/R1200RT_R1200GSA_top_back_on_back.jpg

Originally posted by PL@Mar 4 2005, 03:01 PM

Ai yah, I'm going to KL next sun. So, won't be joining lah.

U gng to PG track tomorrow? What time? Can I go look see look see? Never been there b4 myself.

not firm yet should be takin 3pm track session. i maybe go there look look c c onli still haben got the feel of the gs yet

Originally posted by cyclop@Mar 4 2005, 01:52 PM

Who's game.

4) Koma- KIV

5) SDR & Wife ??

6) GS1200 ??

7) PL ??

8) Others??

Participants So far...

Originally posted by RT@Mar 4 2005, 01:05 AM

Thxs... I probably going M Tek this sat if weather ok , perhaps can meet you there but nothing to show off lah...

Me waiting to see the project Koma is undertaking... That will surely be something to Show Off :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

this sat??? wot time???? Anyway wotz the add of M-technik???

hehehehe... koma's project is simply out of this world siahh~~ Respect to u bro~~

http://martymcfry.com/images/limpdick2.jpg

'01 - Honda Repsol

'03 - Honda Super Four VTec Spec II

'04 - Honda ST1100 Pan European

'05 - Yamaha FJR1300A (FAVORITE!! Best Ride ever!!)

'09 - Vespa GTS300 Super

'12 - Yamaha FZ1-N

Future - Kymco Downtown 350i, Xciting 400 or T-Max 530?

Guest GS1200

Wow ! M-Tech would be bz tomorr man :sweat:

Will let Chua know tonight and oso check with him on his schedule n parts availability, then I will let u guys know tonight :smile:

Guest GS1200
Originally posted by RT@Mar 4 2005, 03:48 PM

Participants So far...

Its my usual routine :cheeky:

4) Koma- KIV

5) SDR & Wife ??

6) GS1200 (yep, always go there PR PR n kpo kpo :smile:

7) PL ??

8) Others

Originally posted by GS1200@Mar 4 2005, 05:20 PM

Its my usual routine :cheeky:

I'm gone guys. See u next week, maybe :cheeky:

4) Koma- KIV

5) SDR & Wife ??

6) GS1200 (yep, always go there PR PR n kpo kpo :smile:

7)

8)

Yo GS, your news "choong" or not? Whats this I heard that Someone DaRe to buy the S that our friend is eyeing? kekekeke http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/lol8.gif

The years thunder by.

The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.

Originally posted by cyclop@Mar 5 2005, 12:35 AM

Yo GS, your news "choong" or not? Whats this I heard that Someone DaRe to buy the S that our friend is eyeing? kekekeke http://www.advrider.com/forums/images/smilies/lol8.gif

hehe thought that "Someone DaRe" olredi buy the "S" liao~~ :p

yah rt will be goin dwn m-tech tml after i finished takin out some parts frm my other bike at stamford motors. may juz sit there whole day tok cok sing song n spend some more $$ :cry: doin up my bike with u guys c how lar cause tml got alot of stuff 2 do. quite gian to go track n try out my bike ;)

yah gabes best leave the bike cool dwn overnite let all the metal cool dwn to normal room temperature tats when u do the valve clearance n would be more accurate. best if u can get the haynes manaul for ur bike n read up urself then at least u knoe wat the mech is doin. eh gabes how much chua quote u for the quick release valve?? i also tinkin of changin that 2gther with my fuel hose n fuel filter on my next service so it be easier to change ur hall sensor which u need to remove the tank.

hmm... let me check

1)bigger gear shifter changed

2)rear brake pedal enlarged

3)bigfoot installled

4)seats changed :smile:

the 1st 3 muz say greatly improve the bike in terms of riding convenience

the seat i still gettin used to it cause my ass big so find seat spacing abit small maybe go haytai cut off the cushion abit

Guest GS1200
Originally posted by cyclop@Mar 5 2005, 12:35 AM

errr......heard it from the owner himself jus now :smile:

Originally posted by GS1200@Mar 5 2005, 01:29 AM

errr......heard it from the owner himself jus now :smile:

haha`~~!! we all knoe liao lor juz wan di siao him :p so sdr when can c ur "S" with $7000 rims ;) eh gs1200 mai koon ah?? i got a nice series of bike videos called ghostrider i try burn 2 copies pass 2 u guys tml. long way round wait awhile k my fren bo eng now he finish liao pass 2 u guys ;)

Originally posted by koma@Mar 5 2005, 01:45 AM

haha`~~!! we all knoe liao lor juz wan di siao him :p so sdr when can c ur "S" with $7000 rims ;) eh gs1200 mai koon ah??

Ha ha, so the Poison is effective!! kekekeke :cheeky: Wah Koma, you and I quite similar, no need to koon, watching bike videos and surfing for more poison....

The years thunder by.

Originally posted by cyclop@Mar 5 2005, 02:02 AM

Ha ha, so the Poison is effective!! kekekeke :cheeky: Wah Koma, you and I quite similar, no need to koon, watching bike videos and surfing for more poison....

hehe yah lor i used 2 zz 3-4hrs every day

oh yah confirmed my speedo spoil liao knn go above 140 will spin everywhere then need some time 2 settle dwn to normal speed then got tis super irritating buzzing sound!!! hmm.. touratech imo meter seems like a gd choice :p

Originally posted by koma@Mar 5 2005, 02:27 AM

oh yah confirmed my speedo spoil liao knn go above 140 will spin everywhere then need some time 2 settle dwn to normal speed then got tis super irritating buzzing sound!!! hmm.. touratech imo meter seems like a gd choice :p

Hey Koma, you getting your Touratech barang direct from Germany or thru Chua?? :confused:

The years thunder by.