SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

anyone know where to learn how to track?

fraggershell

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh.. i riding 05 zx6r.

i am a total noob to superbike, so i need to learn the basics like suspensions, braking and etc..

i reckoned that if i ask around, there will be too many chef teaching me to cook a soup

Aug 06 - Sep 07 Daelim Daystar VL125 (FR 7xxxL)

Sep 07 - DEC 08 Honda CB400 SpecIII

Dec 10 - Now 2005 Zx-6R

Well, supposedly there's going to be a superbike school once the changi track is completed, so you might want to wait for that. I think that currently, the closest school is in Thailand.

That sounds good. Hopefully it will be a California Superbike School franchisee.

I was wondering the same thing re learning how to track. For now, the best start IMO is to get a book or DVD on how to ride a sportsbike. Keith Code has several books/DVDs out called A Twist of the Wrist (I and II). I believe you can get it at Kino at Taka. You'll be surprised at the number of riders who will claim they know how to ride well when they haven't grasped the concept of countersteering, and have no clue about body positioning and weight placement. I am far from being competent at these concepts, but I figure at least I know what I'm lacking and how to slowly get better.

Cry 'Havoc'.....and let slip the dogs of war

eh.. i riding 05 zx6r.

i am a total noob to superbike, so i need to learn the basics like suspensions, braking and etc..

i reckoned that if i ask around, there will be too many chef teaching me to cook a soup

i dun even ride a sportsbike, much less a superbike or supersports. but i go online and search for information, overseas forums, and some pointers from my friends who go to track more often than i do.

then i just go to the track and have hands on experience. from there you will definitely learn.

Go-pro organise track sessions at sepang, with coaching with an option. you can find out more from the track thread when they organise.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• 2 weeks later...
That sounds good. Hopefully it will be a California Superbike School franchisee.

I was wondering the same thing re learning how to track. For now, the best start IMO is to get a book or DVD on how to ride a sportsbike. Keith Code has several books/DVDs out called A Twist of the Wrist (I and II). I believe you can get it at Kino at Taka. You'll be surprised at the number of riders who will claim they know how to ride well when they haven't grasped the concept of countersteering, and have no clue about body positioning and weight placement. I am far from being competent at these concepts, but I figure at least I know what I'm lacking and how to slowly get better.

I dont think CSS will have a school here...if they do have(which i really hope for),be prepared for high school fees,not their fault but ours..(u will know what im trying to say once our track opens)...

its good to hear u have been reading up alot,Keith Code's books R wonderful but if u can get yr hands on the vdos..it be better

as what u stated,counter steering or positive steering or steering science is what many riders do without knowing it...e.g once u lean yr body into a right bend,u auto tend to push the right handlebars because yr weight will push the right bars...

body positioning on bikes..there are many variants ( from Agostini to Roberts to Doohan to Rossi,notice they have diff style from diff era style) but u use the one u feel most comfortable in...I was in the Roberts and Doohan time(ya ya Im that old :p) i try to understand the "now" techniques n try mix matching it to see what im most comfortable in...whatever style it is...take the one u feel most comfortable in,no point trying to do a "rossi" n feeling awkward n in return a slower timing...

bike setting up..best is talk to shops that does motosports n if the mech is a rider or was a rider before,it be better as they understands how a rider thinks n feels ...

best place to learn is on the track..many goes for a weekday track as they feel going on the sunday trackday is insane with all those irritating fast guys zooming past from inside outside n everywhere,scaring the sh*te outta them...but what u will actually pick up would be interesting observation...where those guys lines are,u see variants and u pick the one u most comfy in after trying some lines...

maybe 1st time,go to a weekday one but bringing a friend or 2 is advisable,learn the track layout n figure out your lines n come to the actual weekend track ...i assure u , theres many pointers if u observed carefully and also make u immune to shocks.. :p

hope to meet u guys 1 day....on the track of course.. :D

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/Sepangmotogp.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm152/motopersonified/aprilia1st.jpg

Personified Motosports..Dealer for R&G Racing Products

Call 97978686

Visit Personified Motosports Facebook for More Motorcycle Madness

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=100001193148916

If u interested in joining the gsxr forum most of them track and i could intro them to u...

ur communities people r very nice(Y)

i asked a few qns and everyone is so frenly. im so looking forward to own one and go track too.. right now my bike can meet track requirement

2010 july 10-sept 14: Daelim Roadwin 125

16 sept 2010 - 5 oct 2012: Bajaj pulsar 200 DTSI

18 march 2013- ? : Honda NSR sp

I once set on a S1000r and the curse begun, u never wanna ride anything else besides sports bikes ever again!

the best place to start is off the track.. u can start by reading up on riding science or technique.. track riding is just an extension of general riding the same principles apply.. the best books i've read so far are 'twist of the wrist 1', 'twist of the wrist 2' and 'performance riding techniques'.. the 1st 2 books cover both general n track riding.. the last one is purely track n is pretty much a handbook for racers-to-be.. good luck !

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/wayangxjr/contrast_siggy.jpg

haha.. didnt u oredi watched my track video on youtube.. anyway from the clips i myself have seen on youtube everyone more or less takes the same kind of line.. the more essential things are to figure out whr to brake, whr to downshift, whr to turn in and whr to apply the throttle

Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/wayangxjr/contrast_siggy.jpg