SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Can-Am Spyder RS

spydersg

Ohh..Who/Where can i look for a Can-Am?

Is there any F3S registered in Singapore?

To my knowledge there is no F3S registered here....

Going somewhere isn't why I ride... riding is why I go..

Past rides: XL100, CG110, Elsinore 125, CB175, CB250N, CX500, CBX400F, GL1000, CBX-6,

V45 Magna.

Present ride: DN-01, Spyder RT LTD

IF you are looking for second one, someone is selling. i hope its still for sale Alex 96969669

nov 2011 $28k . if you buy, put my name second in insurance ok. hehhehehe

It's already 1.5 years, you should be getting yours....

Past rides: XL100, CG110, Elsinore 125, CB175, CB250N, CX500, CBX400F, GL1000, CBX-6,

V45 Magna.

Hmmm.. What a pity.

Yes... according to LTA, a motorcycle must not have more than 3 wheels and must not weight more than 400 Kg.... the F3S dry weight is already 408 Kg.... my RT is 421 Kg, wonder how the agent managed to slip it in under the LTA radar.... that's why I really doubt the new RT will ever be able to come in, it weights 460 Kg....

V45 Magna.

WOW!!!! You counting. hehhehhe. may have to wait for my long awaited saving RT. family comes first at the moment. my usual 2 bikes in the stable has been cut down to one now

You will get yours one day... family must come first, always....

V45 Magna.

• 3 weeks later...
WOW!!!! You counting. hehhehhe. may have to wait for my long awaited saving RT. family comes first at the moment. my usual 2 bikes in the stable has been cut down to one now

Hi, doubt der will be anymore can-am coming in, I think mine is d last Can am in sg liao. All the can am now are 1.3L triple, like Robotech mention, alll exceeded d weight limit.

2011-2012 Yamaha FZ1-N

2012-2013 KTM 990 SMT

2012-2013 Harley Softail Blackline

2013-2014 Kawasaki ZZR 1400

2013-2015 Yamaha Tmax530

2014-2015 Ducati Panigale 1199S

2016- Can Am Spyder RSS

2016- BMW S1000R

From what you mentioned, looks like they are really closing down... afraid I do not have their contact... if you want to know more about the Can Am Spyder, you can ask about it here, I will try my best to answer it.... as for meet up, have to wait awhile.... my own Spyder is currently down due to a flat battery... have to wait next week for delivery.... just for your information... future registration for new Spyder RT models is bleak.... new RS models can still be registered but according to last info by the agent (few months back), on an indent basis.... I'm not sure whether it is still happening but maybe you can go down to Kallang KFC every Friday evening, there is a group of Spyder riders meeting there... and no, I have never join them....

Dun forget to jio me ya? hahaha

2011-2012 Yamaha FZ1-N

2012-2013 KTM 990 SMT

2013-2015 Yamaha Tmax530

2016- Can Am Spyder RSS

2016- BMW S1000R

jON, AT the rate the doctor is eating his bikes, you probably can get his can am at a discount next year or 2?? hahahahha

Only when the offer is good. lol!

2011-2012 Yamaha FZ1-N

2012-2013 KTM 990 SMT

2013-2015 Yamaha Tmax530

2016- Can Am Spyder RSS

2016- BMW S1000R

Does that mean I'm not able to purchase a can am Spyder rss anymore? Or I can get others to import in?

According to BRP, they have ceased production for both RSS and ST, so u won't seethem in the 2017 model line up

2011-2012 Yamaha FZ1-N

2012-2013 KTM 990 SMT

2013-2015 Yamaha Tmax530

2016- Can Am Spyder RSS

2016- BMW S1000R

• 2 weeks later...
Dun forget to jio me ya? hahaha

Sure, no problem... I let you know... and sorry for the late reply... being very busy lately...

V45 Magna.

Well... I guess that's it then... we are among the last few who got to own Sypders from the agent... maintain it well so that it can last our life time... and for those thinking of selling it, maintain it also, so that other riders can have a chance of owning one... for those looking for one, don't lose hope, keep looking out for sellers....

V45 Magna.

Well... I guess that's it then... we are among the last few who got to own Sypders from the agent... maintain it well so that it can last our life time... and for those thinking of selling it, maintain it also, so that other riders can have a chance of owning one... for those looking for one, don't lose hope, keep looking out for sellers....

Busy huh RT. I guess you are a teaching staff then? now that is almost end of year.

Thats why I am very happy to know you. Its seems you are not daunted with the closing of the company. Not too sure if they service/repair the Spyder, but I will be worried for my bike if the agent is not able to help me out if there is a problem. Did you get your battery? Is the battery only used for the Spyder?

Busy huh RT. I guess you are a teaching staff then? now that is almost end of year.

Thats why I am very happy to know you. Its seems you are not daunted with the closing of the company. Not too sure if they service/repair the Spyder, but I will be worried for my bike if the agent is not able to help me out if there is a problem. Did you get your battery? Is the battery only used for the Spyder?

Yes, you can say that I am a teaching staff, my work is what the Chinese would say "one leg kick'.... teach, research, operate machinery (CNC), programming, purchasing, inventory, maintenance, etc...

I am not daunted even if their servicing workshop also closes down... I can get the Spyder spare parts from oversea myself, the only problem is space to do the repair work because sometimes you need more than one day to finish the work...

Yes, got the battery, but it is an after market one... the OEM ones not many shop keep stock, and only used in other seldom seen bikes like GL1500, latest Vmax and mostly other big bore V-twins... no wonder most shops don't have....

V45 Magna.

• 4 years later...

Hi, I'm quite interested to get a Can Am Spyder. I've read this thread and many of the questions I have had been answered by kind forumers here. Thank you so much.

However, I still have a few general questions about the Can Am Spyder, may I ask it here? 

1. I understand that one needs to buy 2 motorcycle season parking for HDB parking, but how about short term, per minute, parking using cashard? Is the rate 2 times of motorcycle's per minute fees too? 

2. Is the overheating problem solved by now, what I mean is, which model year should I buy in order to avoid the overheating problem mentioned in this forum? 

3. It seems that Xtreme Machines Pte Limited has poor customer service, I wrote to them 3 times but no reply. They put on sale of new Can Am Spyder Ryker, F3 and RT, all the 1330 cc engines on Sgbikemart, but the contact there is useless, no response from them. I just want to find out the OTR prices, as they are not stated in the SGbikemart website. Does the company actually still exist? If there is no agent servicing and repairing the Spyder, is it a concern to owners of Spyder here? 

Apologise for so many questions here and for waking up this thread after 4 years plus. 

Happy CNY! 

Edited by Keynes
  • Like 1

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

• Administrators
14 hours ago, Keynes said:

Hi, I'm quite interested to get a Can Am Spyder. I've read this thread and many of the questions I have had been answered by kind forumers here. Thank you so much.

However, I still have a few general questions about the Can Am Spyder, may I ask it here? 

1. I understand that one needs to buy 2 motorcycle season parking for HDB parking, but how about short term, per minute, parking using cashard? Is the rate 2 times of motorcycle's per minute fees too? 

2. Is the overheating problem solved by now, what I mean is, which model year should I buy in order to avoid the overheating problem mentioned in this forum? 

3. It seems that Xtreme Machines Pte Limited has poor customer service, I wrote to them 3 times but no reply. They put on sale of new Can Am Spyder Ryker, F3 and RT, all the 1330 cc engines on Sgbikemart, but the contact there is useless, no response from them. I just want to find out the OTR prices, as they are not stated in the SGbikemart website. Does the company actually still exist? If there is no agent servicing and repairing the Spyder, is it a concern to owners of Spyder here? 

Apologise for so many questions here and for waking up this thread after 4 years plus. 

Happy CNY! 

@Keynes I saw an Can-Am Spyder at Bugis a couple of weeks ago, very mean looking machine in the flesh, sure to stand out from the crowd when riding around Singapore. I had a friend riding a Can-Am so will try to help with some questions you have.

1) You can buy 1 parking lot, when parking just pick the furthest lot to the left or the right so as not to cause inconvenience to other bikers. For ERP parking, it's the standard motorcycle rate as the ERP is peg as "motorcycle", there is no special zoning/billing specifically for the Can-Am.

2) Depending on your budget, try and pick the latest model year if and when possible as Can-Am has made improvements over the years and these small fixes actually makes the bike more reliable. For the older models with overheating problem, some simple fixes like additional radiator fans or upgrading the coolant to Engine Ice.

3) No different from buying a Kawasaki in Singapore where the agent support is relatively poorer as compared to other brands. You must budget in for extra cost to bring parts in, air-flown or otherwise. It's not technically difficult but sourcing for parts and labour from local repair shops might be a bit more difficult.

Actually the agent for Sea Doo jetskis in Singapore (same parent company as Can-Am) has changed in Singapore so i'm not sure if Xtreme Machines is still the dealer. Probably can give them a call after CNY to see if they're still active.

Good luck in your search and Happy CNY to you too!

P.S. If you do get a Spyder, be sure to post some pictures here!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. 

I am contemplating between a Goldwing and a Can Am, and looking at used bikes. A Goldwing is a more established bike in Singapore as well as in the world market, however, it suffers from high road tax in Singapore. Riding a Can Am is sure to be a special and interesting experience. 

One a while I thought of buying a small car but I don't like to be boxed up! Lol. 

Cheers. 

Edited by Keynes

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. 

I am contemplating between a Goldwing and a Can Am, and looking at an used bikes. A Goldwing is a more established bike in Singapore as well as in the world market, however, it suffers from high road tax in Singapore. Riding a Can Am is sure to be a special and interesting experience. 

One a while I thought of buying a small car but I don't like to be boxed up! Lol. 

Cheers.