SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Can-Am Spyder RS

spydersg

10 hours ago, SBF said:

@Keynes I saw an Can-Am Spyder at Bugis a couple of weeks ago, very mean looking machine in the flesh, sure to stand out from the crowd when riding around Singapore. I had a friend riding a Can-Am so will try to help with some questions you have.

1) You can buy 1 parking lot, when parking just pick the furthest lot to the left or the right so as not to cause inconvenience to other bikers. For ERP parking, it's the standard motorcycle rate as the ERP is peg as "motorcycle", there is no special zoning/billing specifically for the Can-Am.

2) Depending on your budget, try and pick the latest model year if and when possible as Can-Am has made improvements over the years and these small fixes actually makes the bike more reliable. For the older models with overheating problem, some simple fixes like additional radiator fans or upgrading the coolant to Engine Ice.

3) No different from buying a Kawasaki in Singapore where the agent support is relatively poorer as compared to other brands. You must budget in for extra cost to bring parts in, air-flown or otherwise. It's not technically difficult but sourcing for parts and labour from local repair shops might be a bit more difficult.

Actually the agent for Sea Doo jetskis in Singapore (same parent company as Can-Am) has changed in Singapore so i'm not sure if Xtreme Machines is still the dealer. Probably can give them a call after CNY to see if they're still active.

Good luck in your search and Happy CNY to you too!

P.S. If you do get a Spyder, be sure to post some pictures here!

Thank you so much for the prompt reply. 

I am contemplating between a Goldwing and a Can Am, and looking at used bikes. A Goldwing is a more established bike in Singapore as well as in the world market, however, it suffers from high road tax in Singapore. Riding a Can Am is sure to be a special and interesting experience. 

One a while I thought of buying a small car but I don't like to be boxed up! Lol. 

Cheers. 

• Like 1

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 1:03 PM, RoboTech said:

Yes... according to LTA, a motorcycle must not have more than 3 wheels and must not weight more than 400 Kg.... the F3S dry weight is already 408 Kg.... my RT is 421 Kg, wonder how the agent managed to slip it in under the LTA radar.... that's why I really doubt the new RT will ever be able to come in, it weights 460 Kg....

LTA should limit the mass of 2-wheelers to 400 kg, and 3-wheelers to 500 kg, then Can Am Spyders will thrive in Singapore. 

But I guess since 3-wheelers (especially Can Am Spyders) do not alleviate traffic congestion like 2-wheelers do, there is no incentive to allow 3-wheelers to thrive on Singapore roads, they add to congestion. :)

Edited by Keynes

• Administrators

It really is a lot wider than other motorcycles lol.

Saw from Facebook someone spotted this, spoke to the owner and mention that it cost 39k with COE.

May be an image of outdoors

image.png.e3571bc4384d504cf7bd87a592d28228.png

By the way if you look at the Parking.sg app, there is an option to choose "Motorcycle using 2 lots" which i guess is for motorcycles like the Can-Am Spyder and other bikes with sidecars.

@Keynes Have you decided if you are going for the Goldwing or Can-Am? If you intend to go up north touring, there might be other inconvenience such as Can-Am needing to go through the car lane, etc.

On 2/21/2021 at 10:30 AM, Keynes said:

LTA should limit the mass of 2-wheelers to 400 kg, and 3-wheelers to 500 kg, then Can Am Spyders will thrive in Singapore. 

But I guess since 3-wheelers (especially Can Am Spyders) do not alleviate traffic congestion like 2-wheelers do, there is no incentive to allow 3-wheelers to thrive on Singapore roads, they add to congestion. :)

@Keynes gd pt... can-am is my dream bike but really not practical in sg roads

• Administrators

Ouch, a Can-Am Spyder RT-S 1000 caught fire today. Photo from Whatsapp. Anyone knows what happened? Freaky cause we were just discussing on the overheating issue.

150885964_10218717736845250_498965201840748492_n.thumb.jpg.105b11cd0335eebc2b4bbb56eab1d97d.jpg

On 2/26/2021 at 12:21 AM, SBF said:

It really is a lot wider than other motorcycles lol.

Saw from Facebook someone spotted this, spoke to the owner and mention that it cost 39k with COE.

May be an image of outdoors

image.png.e3571bc4384d504cf7bd87a592d28228.png

By the way if you look at the Parking.sg app, there is an option to choose "Motorcycle using 2 lots" which i guess is for motorcycles like the Can-Am Spyder and other bikes with sidecars.

@Keynes Have you decided if you are going for the Goldwing or Can-Am? If you intend to go up north touring, there might be other inconvenience such as Can-Am needing to go through the car lane, etc.

This is the Can Am Ryker, cheaper version of Spyder. In Sg, it's still ridiculously ex.

12 hours ago, SBF said:

Ouch, a Can-Am Spyder RT-S 1000 caught fire today. Photo from Whatsapp. Anyone knows what happened? Freaky cause we were just discussing on the overheating issue.

150885964_10218717736845250_498965201840748492_n.thumb.jpg.105b11cd0335eebc2b4bbb56eab1d97d.jpg

that's 39k disappearing from your assets :p

What's a great life, without a great ride? 

Follow us on Social Media!

Facebook: /tri333ple

Youtube: /tri333ple

Instagram: @tri333ple

For business enquiries: Email: [email protected]

On 2/26/2021 at 12:21 AM, SBF said:

Ha, I'm like 65% Goldwing, 35% Can Am. 

Pros of Goldwing : established brand, ultra smooth engine, reliable, still can split lane occasionally if enough space, spare parts readily available, mechanics available, can go Malaysia to pump petrol (during non COVID) without paying checkpoint fees, no toll fees in Malaysia highway. 

Cons of Goldwing : high road tax, especially when owning a more than 10-year old bike, manual transmission (pre-2018 model).

Pros of Can Am : unique in Singapore, safer (3 wheelers are less prone to skidding and fishtail especially on slippery roads), semi-automatic transmission, come with floorboards, large storage space, relatively lower road tax than Goldwing. 

Cons of Can Am : may be a problem looking for parking, can't split lane, need to pay checkpoint fees and highway toll in Malaysia. 

In my humble opinion, Can Am is very suitable in its country of manufacture, that is, Canada, cool and dry, even in summer. Not much traffic and rain. 

Edited by Keynes

• Administrators
20 hours ago, Keynes said:

Ha, I'm like 65% Goldwing, 35% Can Am. 

Pros of Goldwing : established brand, ultra smooth engine, reliable, still can split lane occasionally if enough space, spare parts readily available, mechanics available, can go Malaysia to pump petrol (during non COVID) without paying checkpoint fees, no toll fees in Malaysia highway. 

Cons of Goldwing : high road tax, especially when owning a more than 10-year old bike, manual transmission (pre-2018 model).

Pros of Can Am : unique in Singapore, safer (3 wheelers are less prone to skidding and fishtail especially on slippery roads), semi-automatic transmission, come with floorboards, large storage space, relatively lower road tax than Goldwing. 

Cons of Can Am : may be a problem looking for parking, can't split lane, need to pay checkpoint fees and highway toll in Malaysia. 

In my humble opinion, Can Am is very suitable in its country of manufacture, that is, Canada, cool and dry, even in summer. Not much traffic and rain. 

@Keynes The cons of not being able to lane-split would be a deal-breaker for me.

Are you going to use the new bike as daily transports or just a weekend cruiser?

2 hours ago, SBF said:

@Keynes The cons of not being able to lane-split would be a deal-breaker for me.

Are you going to use the new bike as daily transports or just a weekend cruiser?

For me, if I were to buy a Goldwing or Can Am, I will keep it for long term and it will probably be my last bike. 

I'm using it for daily transport. 

• 2 years later...

Hi anyone know where to repair RYKER 900 in Singapore or any good workshop to recommend 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v694/hueyamber/matachefe.gif

BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL