SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

Hi all, Me thinking of getting a 2A bike, CB 400, Ninja 300, Duke 390 and DRZ 400sm all in my list, hence I need some information about this bike and hope u guys/ladies can help me out.

What is the top speed for a Stock 400sm ? some said 120km/h and some claim 160km/h. (not going to change sprocket/add or reduce teeth).

Which county is it made from?

Any problem for a short guy (1.69m) like me ? I used to ride a KTM 200 EGS and need to tip toe, is the seat height higher then the KTM ?

Not going to mess up the suspension, so can I reduce the thickness of the seat cushion to fit my height ?

Which workshop to recommend ?

Can I install a alarm on the bike ? My previous KTM parts always got stolen.

Thanks for reading.

Why are you particularly concerned with the top speed? The bike is ok to cruise at 120 if that's what you mean.

Made in Japan. Why u asking? It's a pretty tough bike if you maintain it properly.

I've seen shorter people ride drz. Just need to adapt to the bike.

Go to Raptor Motorsports for maintenance at Bukit Batok.

Save in alarm. Just put bike cover.

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Hi all, Me thinking of getting a 2A bike, CB 400, Ninja 300, Duke 390 and DRZ 400sm all in my list, hence I need some information about this bike and hope u guys/ladies can help me out.

What is the top speed for a Stock 400sm ? some said 120km/h and some claim 160km/h. (not going to change sprocket/add or reduce teeth).

Which county is it made from?

Any problem for a short guy (1.69m) like me ? I used to ride a KTM 200 EGS and need to tip toe, is the seat height higher then the KTM ?

Not going to mess up the suspension, so can I reduce the thickness of the seat cushion to fit my height ?

Which workshop to recommend ?

Can I install a alarm on the bike ? My previous KTM parts always got stolen.

Thanks for reading.

Not a guru in DRZ but from my experience the top speed for my stocked bike is around 150km/h.

I hope you aren't one of those people whom judges a bike capability based on top speed.......

I'm 171cm and have absolutely no issues with the bikes' height. In fact I love it!

And I believe you will get used to it and subsequently love it.

I usually do my servicing with Angelo at raptor. 👍

Shouldn't be a problem installing an alarm in the super limited space under the seat.

Don't quote me thou, never tried before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/328028.png

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif

Hi, any bike shop to recommend to do modifications and upgrades for DRZ400sm?

I heard of holeshot, unique motor, dirtwheel.

Do you guys have better suggestions?

Used to ride: TA200 -02, WR 200DT -94, VXR 200 -04, CB400 Spec 2 -02, GSXR400RN -92, CB 400 Spec 3 -04, VLX 400 -94, DRZ400SM -06, FZ6 S2 -09

Current bikes : YZF R1 -08

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0q3ABoj3LSY/TLPfCj6Q3zI/AAAAAAAAAAo/FSnw64_eo48/s1600/Calvin+and+Hobbes.png

Wa bro Jims u also rode Drz? Small world. Just saw u in the track thread.

hey! used to ride drz. just sold it and now bike less. 😩

I'm still new to track, maybe we can go down tgt someday. :)

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/328028.png

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif

hey guys i need to sell off my bike coz im going to UK for work. used my DRZ for a year. only problem i had was to overhaul the engine because i kana cheated but luckily raptor help me out. been to his shop eversince. one more thing is that my speedometer is already spoilt (no digital display only back light). anyone interested? bike fully paid. plate FBD (coe 2018). we can get raptor to check on the bike too

Hi, any bike shop to recommend to do modifications and upgrades for DRZ400sm?

I heard of holeshot, unique motor, dirtwheel.

Do you guys have better suggestions?

Hi Guys mind helping me out.

Raptor is one of the shops i saw alot during the post.

have a 06 DRZ400sm and would like to do the following

install fork bleeder

MCCT

JD jettings

Air mod 3x3

PAIR removal

BMC air Filter

FCR39 installation

Wonder any suggestions where i can rest my assured my bike is in good hands?

Used to ride: TA200 -02, WR 200DT -94, VXR 200 -04, CB400 Spec 2 -02, GSXR400RN -92, CB 400 Spec 3 -04, VLX 400 -94, DRZ400SM -06, FZ6 S2 -09

Current bikes : YZF R1 -08

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0q3ABoj3LSY/TLPfCj6Q3zI/AAAAAAAAAAo/FSnw64_eo48/s1600/Calvin+and+Hobbes.png

You're bike is in good hands that's for sure. But some of the items there will cause u to get some screwing from him.

Go meet him and he will explain to u in person on what is best for you.

Btw think he's closed for the rest of the week.

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

hey guys i need to sell off my bike coz im going to UK for work. used my DRZ for a year. only problem i had was to overhaul the engine because i kana cheated but luckily raptor help me out. been to his shop eversince. one more thing is that my speedometer is already spoilt (no digital display only back light). anyone interested? bike fully paid. plate FBD (coe 2018). we can get raptor to check on the bike too

Interested. PM me your number?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys mind helping me out.

Raptor is one of the shops i saw alot during the post.

have a 06 DRZ400sm and would like to do the following

install fork bleeder

MCCT

JD jettings

Air mod 3x3

PAIR removal

BMC air Filter

FCR39 installation

Wonder any suggestions where i can rest my assured my bike is in good hands?

I have been owning and racing DRZs since 2006. I have my own shop now and have been servicing DRZs since 2011. Come talk to me at the shop and let me explain the purpose and function of the things in your wish list... then you can decide for yourself what is needed and what is only a nice to have item.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

Hi guys... need some help on Vapor meter..

Last night as i switched the bike off, i noticed the display went totally blank, including the clock...

When i turned the ignition back on, it displayed all the digits and resets; including clock, distance etc..

Anyone ever faced the same thing?.. is it just the battery behind the meter or anything else i should worry about?

Appreciate if anyone can offer some advice.

Thanks guys!

Wow this thread has died a bit for a while, so I shall kaypo and make some noise.

Hi guys... need some help on Vapor meter..

Last night as i switched the bike off, i noticed the display went totally blank, including the clock...

When i turned the ignition back on, it displayed all the digits and resets; including clock, distance etc..

Anyone ever faced the same thing?.. is it just the battery behind the meter or anything else i should worry about?

Sounds like your meter is running on internal batteries, and that you'll need to get them replaced. Mine's wired to the bike battery, so it never dies like that.

Hi my drz cant rev past 6k rpm. It will bounce back. Anyone knows whats the problem?

My unprofessional guess is that there's something wrong with your jet needle in your carburettor - that's the bit that opens up when you're around half throttle/6k RPM. Bring it in for servicing, dude.

Hi all, I was quoted $18k on the road for a brand new DR Z400 SM at a local bike shop. May I is it a good buy?

I paid $15,700 for a new one back in Jan 2012. I've heard prices have gone up since, so $18k sounds about right. A bit overpriced for the machine, considering you can get a a new Honda NC700X for that same amount.

Hi all, just got a used drz400. But where can I get Drz parts like handle guards, protection sliders, plastic parts etc?

I get my bike serviced at Raptor, and he sells those parts from DRC and Zeta; I'd recommend him. I'm sure there're also other places that carry accessories and parts.

For those looking to purchase new DRZ400SM to consider.

I was told by LTA there isn't any approved aftermarket exhaust for the later models (I believe should be those L models).

24th Sep 2003 - Class 2B

13th Feb 2004 - Class 3

13th Feb 2007 - Class 2A

2003 - 2005 (NSR150SP)

2005 - 2013 (X-1)

2013 - Present (DRZ400SM)

• 2 weeks later...