SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

Reading my post again in the context of your query about the noise from your chain, I realise it could have sounded like I was implying you were negligent. Not my intention at all, bro; I was responding directly to fariz's comment about his friend not even being aware that his chain was loose and dry, and thinking about the horror stories Raptor had previously mentioned. :)

My concern is that there are a good number of riders who are terribly ignorant about machine maintenance, and quite comfortable remaining so until something catastrophic happens and they're stranded on the roads or get hurt. If there's any lesson to be learnt by new members to this community of DRZ riders, it's that importance of knowing how your machine works and how to get it properly maintained.

Yea. it's all good bro. I understand. Good to know there's always valuable comments here in this forum.

Alright bro. Peace.

Braap

Have a save ride guys...just got hit by a turning car on t-juction. Bloody hell he never check blind spot and just turn.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/10/26/anunyben.jpg

Hafizjunior

Hey bro are u injured? Take care man. That's why I always watch when crossing junctions. Damn scary... Kena one time also last time lorry make illegal u turn.

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Hey bro are u injured? Take care man. That's why I always watch when crossing junctions. Damn scary... Kena one time also last time lorry make illegal u turn.

Thanks ticks, im ok. Minor injury...so lucky next week my wedding hor..been blessed.

Hafizjunior

"Experience is not what happens to you; it is what you do with what happens to you."

• 2 weeks later...

hi senior DRZ riders

I thought of getting a DRZ 2nd hand for myself. What are the things I should look out for?

I intend to use it to learn stunting and if possible, tracking. What other things can be done to minimize damage after fall?

Thanks seniors, I have loads to learn, NEWBIE here.

hi senior DRZ riders

I thought of getting a DRZ 2nd hand for myself. What are the things I should look out for?

I intend to use it to learn stunting and if possible, tracking. What other things can be done to minimize damage after fall?

Thanks seniors, I have loads to learn, NEWBIE here.

Now that I sold my drz I can be frank. Lol. Stunting then you're getting ready to drop the bike right. Obviously handguards are crucial, case savers also absolutely necessary. And some spare signal lights too. Hehe. Go to raptors page on fb to check out the common items of failure due to previous owners negligence. Countershaft condition, coil, air filter...

Singapore has never produce any DRZ before. Lol

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

@ Kampong Ubi Driving Centre

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

@ Pan Country Driving Centre

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

@ Singapore Safety Driving Centre

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

• 2 weeks later...

guys, wondering new drz pricing around how much. just looking for rough estimates. looking to step back into the SM world after 3 years.

Vibrating bikes gimme the vibes...

Suzuki DRZ400SM M 2009 [FBD^@#$H]- 22 May 09' -

Girls are nothing but the Devil's minions..

Honda NSR150SP [FU&$^)C]- May 08'- Feb 09'

stick and stones dont break my bones...

[/img]http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx240/giamhe/Picture-3.jpg

17K excluding insurance at Loois motor. Bought one 2 months ago. Left 3 units. 1 blue 2 black. L3 model. (Meaning made in 2013)

Guan Hoe no stock because all sold to Loois. According to Mr Lee at Loois, DRZ may not be imported into Spore liao due to emission regulation?

wah... serious bo, back in 09 got my drz for 12.8, now 16-17? er...... may not be imported? seriously?

oh well.. thanks anyway.

Vibrating bikes gimme the vibes...

Suzuki DRZ400SM M 2009 [FBD^@#$H]- 22 May 09' -

Girls are nothing but the Devil's minions..

Honda NSR150SP [FU&$^)C]- May 08'- Feb 09'

stick and stones dont break my bones...

[/img]http://i759.photobucket.com/albums/xx240/giamhe/Picture-3.jpg

wah... serious bo, back in 09 got my drz for 12.8, now 16-17? er...... may not be imported? seriously?

oh well.. thanks anyway.

Maybe lo. The bike has no cats ma. All the exhaust come out straight. Just look at the skyline of Thailand or vietnam then u understand the pollution level d..

• 2 weeks later...

Is it recommended to get a E model and convert to SM? Or would I be better off just buying a SM?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fleaz/_MG_5656-1.jpg

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]

Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]

Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]

Toyota Camry [2011-2013]

Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

Buying a SM is better than going through the hassle of converting.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

@ Kampong Ubi Driving Centre

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

@ Pan Country Driving Centre

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

@ Singapore Safety Driving Centre

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Is it recommended to get a E model and convert to SM? Or would I be better off just buying a SM?

Just know what you'll be doing with your bike. Based on my personal experience, I can say that the SM wheel set is great on the roads and fun on small tracks, but absolute **** offroad, even with semi-off-road tires. Only thing is the stock SM version (vs the E) is horrendously underpowered and you'll probably end up splashing another few Ks on upgrades.

If you want a solid trail/offroad adventure bike, the E version would be a better choice. If you can find one, that is.