SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

i just changed my exhaust to a full system. Should i get the jd kit or do normal setting? My bike has too much popping sounds from the new exhaust. Any advice would be appreciated thx.

U can look for Angelo from Raptor Motorsports. He will be able to advise u on the jetting and settle your popping issue.

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

@ Kampong Ubi Driving Centre

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

@ Pan Country Driving Centre

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

@ Singapore Safety Driving Centre

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

For those looking to purchase new DRZ400SM to consider.

I was told by LTA there isn't any approved aftermarket exhaust for the later models (I believe should be those L models).

Dear DRZ bros,

I am currently riding a 2014 DRZ. Any kind bros here can advice me if there is an after market exhaust system that is street legal for my bike?

A few months ago, I bought a slip-on from Leo Vince but failed inspection at Vicom as the inspector said that my model as a built-in cat in my original exhaust. It's sad that these days, even carburetor bikes has a cat. If you are riding or know someone who knows what exhaust can be fitted to my bike, please let me know. Thank you very much in advance.

Personally, I had bad experience with Vicom (Yishun) and never go to any vicom centres again. Vicom inspectors are high-handed and will zero down to every detail to fail you. Why pay money to people to whack you?

From experience, they seemed to have intense hatred for dirtbikes from their F** attitude. They have a whole list of photos of dirtbikes that failed inspection to show you.

Dear DRZ bros,

I am currently riding a 2014 DRZ. Any kind bros here can advice me if there is an after market exhaust system that is street legal for my bike?

A few months ago, I bought a slip-on from Leo Vince but failed inspection at Vicom as the inspector said that my model as a built-in cat in my original exhaust. It's sad that these days, even carburetor bikes has a cat. If you are riding or know someone who knows what exhaust can be fitted to my bike, please let me know. Thank you very much in advance.

I went STA to inspect my DRZ with Yoshi full system, no problem. No questions asked. The inspector knows his stuff unlike PRC inspectors from Vicom who demand you to go back to photocopy inspection cert and LTA approval paper.

I do not even bother to send my car to Vicom even though it is 98% stock.

Edited by mulberrypork
wrong spelling
  • Like 1

Bro

How fast you want to ride on public road with a DRZ or even a Hayabusa? Always ride with manageable speed.

The word on the street is Raptor Motorsports. Honest boss and a DRZ racer.

The best lock you can buy to lock the rotor and a bike cover with holes below to lock with smaller locks.

Hi all, Me thinking of getting a 2A bike, CB 400, Ninja 300, Duke 390 and DRZ 400sm all in my list, hence I need some information about this bike and hope u guys/ladies can help me out.

What is the top speed for a Stock 400sm ? some said 120km/h and some claim 160km/h. (not going to change sprocket/add or reduce teeth).

Which county is it made from?

Any problem for a short guy (1.69m) like me ? I used to ride a KTM 200 EGS and need to tip toe, is the seat height higher then the KTM ?

Not going to mess up the suspension, so can I reduce the thickness of the seat cushion to fit my height ?

Which workshop to recommend ?

Can I install a alarm on the bike ? My previous KTM parts always got stolen.

Thanks for reading.

I went STA to inspect my DRZ with Yoshi full system, no problem. No questions asked. The inspector knows his stuff unlike PRC inspectors from Vicom who demand you to go back to photocopy inspection cert and LTA approval paper.

I do not even bother to send my car to Vicom even though it is 98% stock.

What MY is yours bro? Cos it was mentioned 2014 MY

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Ya lo. So maybe the 14MY bikes really do have a cat inside.. Which may mean one possible way of modification is like what car drivers do. Get rid of the cats.. Hehe

Bro Snake, does your bike have the tubeless wheels?

Ya lo. So maybe the 14MY bikes really do have a cat inside.. Which may mean one possible way of modification is like what car drivers do. Get rid of the cats.. Hehe

i think even mine that is manufactured in 2011 have the cat inside :cry:

24th Sep 2003 - Class 2B

13th Feb 2004 - Class 3

13th Feb 2007 - Class 2A

2003 - 2005 (NSR150SP)

2005 - 2013 (X-1)

2013 - Present (DRZ400SM)

Well, the inspector showed me the exhaust blue print of my bike which shows a cross section of the OEM exhaust which shows a cat.

I was dumbfounded!

Bro, where is the CAT located?

The header & mid-pipe have no place for CAT, only place is in the end-can.

Bro ticks,

Getting rid of the cat is possible but I hope to get rid of the exhaust system to improve on the "looks" department as the OEM pipe just ain't good looking.

No, my rims are the standard tube rims. Just different colour dats all. Cheers!

Bro ticks,

Getting rid of the cat is possible but I hope to get rid of the exhaust system to improve on the "looks" department as the OEM pipe just ain't good looking.

No, my rims are the standard tube rims. Just different colour dats all. Cheers!

I know man. Almost every exhaust nowadays are an afterthought.. As if manufacturers know that owners will almost certainly replace the exhausts.

Hello bros... need your expert advice again..

it seems my bike have been heating up a lil more lately than usual...so much so that at idle at traffic light, the bike feels like its overheating..

but what got me worried is during this overheating, the voltage drops to 12.5V... from what i can see, the coolant is still there...

was told from friends that it could be rectifier... but even after changing recently, there's no difference...

battery have been changed this year July... magnetic coil was changed last year September...

anyone ever experience the same thing?...

sorry for the longwinded writing ..but really appreciate if anyone could offer some advice....Cheers!

Bro nx16,

Yes, you are correct. The cat is built into the end-can itself.

That bad, I believe there no aftermarket exhaust with built-in CAT, or at least not for the model in market now, let hope in future it does.

Be careful if you operate stock exhaust, inspection centre will fail your exhaust with unwanted or ugly welding marks.

Beringer 6 pistons caliper brake kit for sale or swap.

Condition 8/10

Online S$2298 exclude shipping

Selling whole kit $1500

or

Caliper & Disc $1050

Master pump $450

or

swap with Brembo caliper, rcs19/16 master pump & Ng disc brake + $200 slightly neg.

Pm if interested

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/16/3aa03f678112c1025535b0e1909e0758.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/16/d637ae1cff5d08d3d6d66c8e920ccc12.jpg

o_O in order to finish 1st, first you got to finish ...

kr '02, 125z '03, kr '03, gilera '05, spark '06, drz '07, wave '08, 125z '09, superfour spec3 '11, drz400sm '11