SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] DRZ 400 SM

biting_point
Go to solution Solved by exygon,

You want I can check out the bike for you.. I don't charge any fee. to me its just helping out another DRZ rider.. you better do it fast while you still got their warranty. After their so called warranty period.. all the repairs will be borne by you.

okay..thanks alot!really appreciate it..will come down to your place today:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anyone knows whos the agent for leo vince exhaust? Kindof need it for inspection....

Gmax...i think

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

kalau takot dipukol ombak...jgn beli rumah di tepi pantai...

23 Jan 2009 - 10 may 2010 : Aprilia RS125 (y2k)

10 may 2010 - 5 dec 2011 : Suzuki DRZ400SM K8

5 dec 2011 - current :Yamaha YZF R6 06

Hi all, juz to chk hw's the vibrations on the Zee if to be travelling ard 110-120km/hr. Coz I am tinking of buying one for transport and occasional touring. Tks.

You're better off down sizing the rear to 39 tooth sprocket. That makes the vibration much lesser. Get a thick glove and better grips to help on reducing vibration on the bars.

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Hi all, juz to chk hw's the vibrations on the Zee if to be travelling ard 110-120km/hr. Coz I am tinking of buying one for transport and occasional touring. Tks.

And can consider getting a bigger fuel tank if u intend to go touring with your zee.

Class 3 - 22/11/1996

@ Kampong Ubi Driving Centre

Class 4 - 19/11/1999

@ Pan Country Driving Centre

Class 2B - 28/01/2005

@ Singapore Safety Driving Centre

Class 2A - 15/02/2011

@ Comfort Driving Centre

Class 2 - 17/02/2014

@ Comfort Driving Centre

The vibration from the handlebars will get to you over long distances. First your hands and forearms will develop a persistent slight numbness and tingling, and then your upper body will ache the whole of the next day. That's what I learnt from riding 1800km from Singapore to Hat Yai and back over four days (with overnights in Penang and Malacca).

You'll get used to it, and it sure adds to the challenge. It's even more hardcore with the stock seat (which I've long since customised).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DRZ pros,

I am new here in this thread. I am planning to get a drz soon, prolly in 2-3 mnths time. I have zero knowledge about the bike. Have been asking ppl here n there but didnt really satisfy. All I know is that the bike needs to be regularly maintained, serviced and its ex. Also, Ive a trauma with my old KR, a dying bike. I have so many problems to it that it eats up my pocket super fast. Whole month pay drain on that. So this time round I dont wanna repeat my mistake again and to check everything about the bike beforehand.

Currently have been asking shops and by far, I trust buying from shops.

So what I need to know about the bike are :-

-Whats the best gauge price for this bike that is holding a coe till 2018-2019? 8k possible?

-What are the problems that I may want to look out for in the future? 1-2 years down?

-Regular service? how often? service wat?

-Which pipe is good? I know nth abt DrZ pipes. I am looking at pick ups pipes yet affordable yet easily go with inspection.

-Where to service in JB ?

-Pricing wise, I may down alot and continue COI around 150+ mnthly. Advisable?

-Road tax/inspection easy to clear?

Would appreciate soooooo much if could one blessed kind soul answer my queries here.

On a side note, I passed my 2a around 4-5 mnths back and im nt looking at super4 at all. Thou its appealing....

Hi DRZ pros,

I am new here in this thread. I am planning to get a drz soon, prolly in 2-3 mnths time. I have zero knowledge about the bike. Have been asking ppl here n there but didnt really satisfy. All I know is that the bike needs to be regularly maintained, serviced and its ex. Also, Ive a trauma with my old KR, a dying bike. I have so many problems to it that it eats up my pocket super fast. Whole month pay drain on that. So this time round I dont wanna repeat my mistake again and to check everything about the bike beforehand.

Currently have been asking shops and by far, I trust buying from shops.

So what I need to know about the bike are :-

-Whats the best gauge price for this bike that is holding a coe till 2018-2019? 8k possible?

Yes that's possible. But... Bikes like that will most probably need loads of repair. When I got mine, I had to do the following: wheel bearing, sprocket and chain set, fork tuning, rectifier, battery, tires, brake discs. Basically quite a lot that I found it a burden to me as well. For the first year I had to spend a lot on repairing. Not to mention the oil change.

-What are the problems that I may want to look out for in the future? 1-2 years down?

Answers on top.

-Regular service? how often? service wat?

Every month. 2 l oil change.

-Which pipe is good? I know nth abt DrZ pipes. I am looking at pick ups pipes yet affordable yet easily go with inspection.

As long as you buy aftermarket and approved, plus no modifications after that, it's easy to pass. Prepare around 800-2000.

-Where to service in JB ? Dunno.

-Pricing wise, I may down alot and continue COI around 150+ mnthly. Advisable?

I think ok.

-Road tax/inspection easy to clear?

If u read the thread above, u know drz very hard to pass even with slight modifications. Everytime have to change to stock signal lights and wheel guard.

Would appreciate soooooo much if could one blessed kind soul answer my queries here.

On a side note, I passed my 2a around 4-5 mnths back and im nt looking at super4 at all. Thou its appealing....

Please see replies on top under each question.

Although it ate my pocket up quite a lot, I still miss my drz since I sold it almost a year ago.

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

Please see replies on top under each question.

Although it ate my pocket up quite a lot, I still miss my drz since I sold it almost a year ago.

My goodness.... Thanks alot man.

Those are very informative. Answered all my doubts. I tink I am considering to buy one already after so many negative feedbacks including urs. Though its my dream bike. sigh.

P.S. I can afford one but the maintenance, kills.

My goodness.... Thanks alot man.

Those are very informative. Answered all my doubts. I tink I am considering to buy one already after so many negative feedbacks including urs. Though its my dream bike. sigh.

P.S. I can afford one but the maintenance, kills.

actually for me, the drz is one lowest maintenance bike which is class 2a and above.

it has a almost bullet proof engine if maintained correctly.

and performance wise, it's very well suited for Singapore roads with great pick up. mileage is at ard 24km/l which is damn good based on the way I ride. 👍👍

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/328028.png

http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/pp/rndops/web/ship/gif/rad70.gif