SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Yamaha FZ16

pikapika

Anyone face difficulty in starting bike(gen 1)?

My volt meter show 11.6(13.9 while cruising), spark plug jus change less den 1500km

air filter simato jus wash less den 5000km.

Every crank at least 3sec at least 4 attempt den can start play with throttle doesnt help. Even after riding for 15min oso hard to start. But when start everything run smoothly

Any one got idea?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone face difficulty in starting bike(gen 1)?

My volt meter show 11.6(13.9 while cruising), spark plug jus change less den 1500km

air filter simato jus wash less den 5000km.

Every crank at least 3sec at least 4 attempt den can start play with throttle doesnt help. Even after riding for 15min oso hard to start. But when start everything run smoothly

Any one got idea?

hi there, if you read some earlier post made by me and some other users (I ride a gen1 as well, bought it 2nd hand), it is apparently a common issue, and I have yet to get it solved except that mine has "improved" in a way that as long as you get it started up, do not let the engine stall, if it stalls, that is it, you will have to push start it, I did a search online for problems related to fz16, it turns out that it is also a common issue overseas, which explains why 2nd gen and 3rd gen is equipped with a kick start.

For your case, it sounds like you more of a difficulty in starting rather than it refusing to start (but I assume you have that problem as well), you might want get your starter/ignition coil changed. I changed my starter coil and it became easier to start but still has the issue that I stated but you could change that part as a start to see if there is any improvements.

My posts are based on peaceful discussion, honest questions happy jokes. If for any personal reason u find my post not suiting your ego, scrolling and clicking is always faster than typing. Not hearing my retorts to your rude remarks only means I have confirmed that your upbringing is that of barbarians.

Your Perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in. - Shannon L. Alder

Trax box is good. They're not the really conventional type of boxes, they're rather squarish in shape. If you want something similar to Trax but more practical (imo) you could source the hepco & becker boxes. But the rack itself has to be fabricated at SK or BF.

Hmm, I heard that water can get in for trax box during rainy days. Is it true? Plus, trax box can only fit one helmet right?

Sorry, just wanna ask why is it more practical compared to trax?

But do you know around how much is the h&b boxes? For rack fabrication will it be expensive? Bf is bike fabricator right? How about SK?

Thanks luminicious for helping!

Water can get into any box during rainy days if you don't maintain it properly... same for anything that is supposed to be water-tight, there will be an o-ring lined around the box to prevent water from seeping inside. My friend uses a trax and only can fit a helmet and a raincoat LOL

H&B has boxes that have similar shape with the Trax, maybe I wasn't clear but I meant the Junior series. They're big and look nice ^_^ Can fit quite alot of stuff

Haha it depends on what is expensive to you la..

BF - Bike Fabricator

SK - Seng Kwang

I only know SK provides lifetime warranty for it's products....

July 18 2013 - Class 2B (1st time pass)

Dec 03 2014 - Class 2A (2nd attempt :mad:)

Feb 2 2016 - Class 2 (1st attempt)

July 26 2013 - Yamaha FZ16ST

Feb 2 2016 - ZX-12R A1 Model

hi there, if you read some earlier post made by me and some other users (I ride a gen1 as well, bought it 2nd hand), it is apparently a common issue, and I have yet to get it solved except that mine has "improved" in a way that as long as you get it started up, do not let the engine stall, if it stalls, that is it, you will have to push start it, I did a search online for problems related to fz16, it turns out that it is also a common issue overseas, which explains why 2nd gen and 3rd gen is equipped with a kick start.

For your case, it sounds like you more of a difficulty in starting rather than it refusing to start (but I assume you have that problem as well), you might want get your starter/ignition coil changed. I changed my starter coil and it became easier to start but still has the issue that I stated but you could change that part as a start to see if there is any improvements.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I tot maybe the starter carbon not in a good condition.

Will try change the coil first. Cos wit this type of cranking style i think the battery wont last very long..haa

So how much is the coil?

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I tot maybe the starter carbon not in a good condition.

Will try change the coil first. Cos wit this type of cranking style i think the battery wont last very long..haa

So how much is the coil?

Forgot the exact price but I think it is 100++. When I first had this problem, it was just a short while after I got my bike (around end of november to start of december) and it was during the rainy season, I tried to start it via the ignition switch to the point where the headlight started to become weak, all along, I forgot about push starting it till that day where I decided to try my luck on trying to push start it. Got to be honest, it might seem a bit weird while you try to push start it below your apartments but after seeing my neighbor trying to push start his class 2 Triumph bike, I considered myself lucky in having a lighter bike as I do not have sprint and risk falling while trying to start your bike.

My posts are based on peaceful discussion, honest questions happy jokes. If for any personal reason u find my post not suiting your ego, scrolling and clicking is always faster than typing. Not hearing my retorts to your rude remarks only means I have confirmed that your upbringing is that of barbarians.

Your Perspective on life comes from the cage you were held captive in. - Shannon L. Alder

Forgot the exact price but I think it is 100++. When I first had this problem, it was just a short while after I got my bike (around end of november to start of december) and it was during the rainy season, I tried to start it via the ignition switch to the point where the headlight started to become weak, all along, I forgot about push starting it till that day where I decided to try my luck on trying to push start it. Got to be honest, it might seem a bit weird while you try to push start it below your apartments but after seeing my neighbor trying to push start his class 2 Triumph bike, I considered myself lucky in having a lighter bike as I do not have sprint and risk falling while trying to start your bike.

Getting your bike to start after you push-start it makes you feel like moto-gp racers :p

Haa push start is okay for me, push start gsr n super4 b4..

Is more of a lost face thing for me..

FBF plate le.. gt so jialiat push start not.haa

Anyway, went to bikeworx , found the exhaust outlet tube was blockout. Maybe its the cause. Need to monitor a few days

Please kindly keep us updated and see if there are any improvements, if not, a total cure for the problems, thanks.

Getting your bike to start after you push-start it makes you feel like moto-gp racers :p

Haha, I see you are currently taking your class 2A which I am doing too, finished my first practical lesson just last saturday, might I ask which practical lesson you are at? If you are at evaluation, was it easy for you to pass the evaluation?

Oh I completed my 3 lessons at SSDC already. Evaluations were straight forward, instructors would catch more on small mistakes like safety checks and posture. I got 12 points for my evaluation.

Oh I completed my 3 lessons at SSDC already. Evaluations were straight forward, instructors would catch more on small mistakes like safety checks and posture. I got 12 points for my evaluation.

ooo, I am going for my evaluation this coming Wednesday afternoon, hopefully I pass it. Just to check after your evaluation, will there be like circuit revision or self practice available for booking? I guess for main TP we will have to wait for 2 months as usual.

Water can get into any box during rainy days if you don't maintain it properly... same for anything that is supposed to be water-tight, there will be an o-ring lined around the box to prevent water from seeping inside. My friend uses a trax and only can fit a helmet and a raincoat LOL

H&B has boxes that have similar shape with the Trax, maybe I wasn't clear but I meant the Junior series. They're big and look nice ^_^ Can fit quite alot of stuff

Haha it depends on what is expensive to you la..

BF - Bike Fabricator

SK - Seng Kwang

I only know SK provides lifetime warranty for it's products....

Alright, I get it. That's freaking small. Do you know the price range for H&B?

Hahaha, okay.

But I should get the box first then go make the rack at bk or SK? Or the other way round?

ooo, I am going for my evaluation this coming Wednesday afternoon, hopefully I pass it. Just to check after your evaluation, will there be like circuit revision or self practice available for booking? I guess for main TP we will have to wait for 2 months as usual.

Circuit revision is self prac lo. All the best for your evaluation!

Hi everyone, can I know fz16 one year old, mileage 32000km will cause any problem? Engine no problem at all.

1 year 32k?! How is the guy using it? As a courier? Best you check thoroughly for wear n tear parts.

1 year 32k?! How is the guy using it? As a courier? Best you check thoroughly for wear n tear parts.

My bike was 2 years old when I bought it 2nd hand and it had 75k. Never thought about it much back then, not until I started doing serious maintenance and checks etc that I found out that the previous owner was treating this baby of mine real harsh. Poor thing....

Thank you so much, hopefully I pass at 1st try, I have little confidence in all my tests, just have to do the best that I can.

My bike was 2 years old when I bought it 2nd hand and it had 75k. Never thought about it much back then, not until I started doing serious maintenance and checks etc that I found out that the previous owner was treating this baby of mine real harsh. Poor thing....

Thank you so much, hopefully I pass at 1st try, I have little confidence in all my tests, just have to do the best that I can.

But If check no problem, will it cause problem one day because of high mileage ? Maybe he go touring