Jump to content
SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

No need to wash everyday. Wash after 2~3 rides. Cover the bike when not riding.

 

Also, avoid riding in the rain, road wet also don’t ride :thirsty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/Phang/3-2.jpg
Posted

passion and love for the bike.

 

wash regularly, shelter.

 

my brother's daystar is also same condition. super shiny chrome, not a speck of dirt on paint. but to keep it like this, takes alot of time and work. time most people don't have.

 

or maybe just sent for wash and polishing?

 

sad to say, alot of bikes i saw condition quite bad. even bikes newer than mine looks older than mine.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

 

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

Posted
passion and love for the bike.

 

wash regularly, shelter.

 

my brother's daystar is also same condition. super shiny chrome, not a speck of dirt on paint. but to keep it like this, takes alot of time and work. time most people don't have.

 

or maybe just sent for wash and polishing?

 

sad to say, alot of bikes i saw condition quite bad. even bikes newer than mine looks older than mine.

 

Heh heh. I hate washing my bikes. Its going to be dirty again the next time i ride it, so i dont see much of a point. Whats under the fairings is most important, imho.

 

That said, i do wash the bike before any event that requires me to show off a wee bit.

 

Thank goodness my rims are matt black, lol!

Bajaj Pulsar 180 - UG3 (2007 - )

Suzuki GSXR-400 (2008 - 2009)

Piaggio Vespa GT 200L (2009 - 2011)

Yamaha YBX 125 (2010 - )

Yamaha FZ S1 '05 (2011 - )

Posted

did saw b4 a shiny s4 n phantom. sometimes they could be new bikes as they transfer plates. however i saw the s4 has mods here n there, so it couldn't be new. or perhaps they rebuilt everything.

Accident can happen anytime, anywhere.

However ask yourself, do you want to fall at 120km/h or 60km/h?

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Could br the abang tt rode the busa jus bought the bike thus the paintwerk all new

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Posted
The bike I can see is in it's original colour.Further more, most of his parts are chrome, including his RIMS!!And they are really shiny.

 

Is it blue in colour with chrome rims?..If it is,then he's at the busa forum...One great bike lover,wish i can get another big bore liter bike and keep my blackbird in bling bling condition..

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

 

"Irreplaceable"

Posted

Ter is this colleague at werk whos riding. Cb1000 year 2000 model. But in showrm condition.

 

Reason? Reach home, cover wit 2 canvas, at werk, park under shade

 

Wash and extensive polish n wax once a week

 

Wen hes at werk and it rains, he will take public transport.

 

Wen he is at home and it rains, he take public transport.

 

Wen he is riding and it rains, he stops and place plastic over the tank and tail. Reach werk and he will wipe it dry.

 

Crazy lor... And i know i cant do it lor!

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Posted
Ter is this colleague at werk whos riding. Cb1000 year 2000 model. But in showrm condition.

 

Reason? Reach home, cover wit 2 canvas, at werk, park under shade

 

Wash and extensive polish n wax once a week

 

Wen hes at werk and it rains, he will take public transport.

 

Wen he is at home and it rains, he take public transport.

 

Wen he is riding and it rains, he stops and place plastic over the tank and tail. Reach werk and he will wipe it dry.

 

Crazy lor... And i know i cant do it lor!

 

Thats what I do also. Except I'm getting lazier on the washing part. The trick is to avoid riding in the rain or wet road. This way, your bike looks clean longer. I will clean/wax my bike every 2~3 weeks but will immediately wash/wax it if the bike got caught in the rain. Lucky I stay near work place so if rain, I will either walk or take public transport. And always cover the bike to avoid dust and harmful sun light which will fade the paintwork. Silver paintworks helps alot too.

Posted
Thats what I do also. Except I'm getting lazier on the washing part. The trick is to avoid riding in the rain or wet road. This way, your bike looks clean longer. I will clean/wax my bike every 2~3 weeks but will immediately wash/wax it if the bike got caught in the rain. Lucky I stay near work place so if rain, I will either walk or take public transport. And always cover the bike to avoid dust and harmful sun light which will fade the paintwork. Silver paintworks helps alot too.

 

Seriously ar.. Not tired meh?

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Posted
Seriously ar.. Not tired meh?

 

Of course tiring lah. Everytime wash and wax will takes me around 2 hrs, include washing chain too. Thats why I try not to ride in the rain so the bike will stay clean and dry longer. Hence I extend the washing interval to around 3 weeks once. It used to be a weekly affair. But it also due to I cannot tahan dirty bike, that prompted me to ensure it stay clean always.

Posted
Of course tiring lah. Everytime wash and wax will takes me around 2 hrs, include washing chain too. Thats why I try not to ride in the rain so the bike will stay clean and dry longer. Hence I extend the washing interval to around 3 weeks once. It used to be a weekly affair. But it also due to I cannot tahan dirty bike, that prompted me to ensure it stay clean always.

 

Wat bike u riding? I respect. Tried washing d bike myself. After i touch d chain, i fed up already.. Hahaah

 

Wat i do monthly is, i Pump in jb and wash as well, ride home and wax twice.

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

Posted
Wat bike u riding? I respect. Tried washing d bike myself. After i touch d chain, i fed up already.. Hahaah

 

Wat i do monthly is, i Pump in jb and wash as well, ride home and wax twice.

 

I'm riding a hayabusa. Actually if you wash your chain regulary, the chain wax will not get stuck on the chain. And it will not be accumulated. It only took me around 5 mins to max 10 mins to wash my chain. I just use kerosene and cloth.

 

I don't like other ppl to wash my bike incase they cause additional scratches on my bike. I also take the washing time to examine my bike for any visible problems as well.

Posted
The one I saw is silver & blue color, and yes his rims are chrome also.I bet if the abang that I saw put that bike on sale here it will be sold very quick and easy. i just hope I have the passion to maintain my bike to that level.Simply awesome!!! I wish I had taken a pic that day.

 

With that kind of passion i dont think he will even sell off the bike bro....:)

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

 

"Irreplaceable"

Posted

Wanna ride aso heart pain, much less sell seh

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...