SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Burgmans Cafe 2008 - K1 to K7

Brembo

Hey Bigcow....actuali not that i dun wana put photos of my scoot my then again i dun noe how to wor lolz....as for all the guys out there thinking of getting the LV SBK for ur burg, please do remember to put in the "OPTIONAL" silencer in order to pass ur inspection......as for where to do the inspection, please go to VIACOM sing ming as i have done my there and its probably recorded.

Cool.... can give some reviews of the exhaust? i.e. sound, performance etc? Thanks!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Check it out, crash guards for the Burgman 400!

Fwuuah, damn power sia..... how in the world did you find out about that?

Bro, I called GH but old uncle says no idea when stocks will come in lei.....

Also number retention is a minutes affair at LTA, why need few weeks.... I just did my number retention.....3 days ago....

hmm . no idea , the previous time i retained my number also waited abt 2 weeks.

wat bike u sold ?

im tinking of doing the dual headlights mod on the burgman , any suggestions where i can do it ? botak ? anyone?

~deNSo SParky PluGs~

Fwuuah, damn power sia..... how in the world did you find out about that?

Just stumbled on it ah.... :cheeky:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

PoP Pop Pop :angel:

lolz.... not that kind of review....

its exactly the same. no difference. but who knows whether they've solve the clutch problem. there was this ang mor who bought a 2nd hand, less than 1 year old K7 AN400. the clutch kept jumping and skipping. he went to the agent and they didn't wan to change for him. i myself had this problem too when i bought my brand new K6 AN400 . after riding for less then 2 months, my clutch slipped and the agent say its my own fault.

I'm the 'ang mo', I had the clutch changed (had to pay). Clutch OK now, but need to drive about 3-5k more to see if the new clutch will have same problem as the old. The new clutch have a new part number so something is changed, I assume the K8 have the same new part. Old man in shop said that one more K7 had done the same change, just before me. According to http://www.burgmanusa.com/ all K7 does not have the problem, but it is a common problem. But impossible to estimate if it is 5% or 95% of the K7's that have it by asking people to post in a forum.

I'm the 'ang mo', I had the clutch changed (had to pay). Clutch OK now, but need to drive about 3-5k more to see if the new clutch will have same problem as the old. The new clutch have a new part number so something is changed, I assume the K8 have the same new part. Old man in shop said that one more K7 had done the same change, just before me. According to http://www.burgmanusa.com/ all K7 does not have the problem, but it is a common problem. But impossible to estimate if it is 5% or 95% of the K7's that have it by asking people to post in a forum.

glad you've got your bike running the way you wan it to be. wats done can't be undone. enjoy your scooter. feel free to join us for any rides or outings. anything, pls feel free to call me.

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

glad you've got your bike running the way you wan it to be. wats done can't be undone. enjoy your scooter. feel free to join us for any rides or outings. anything, pls feel free to call me.

I know, thanks! And BTW there are no third party clutch for K7 yet (or at least did not exists just after I spoke to you last)

Happened to see a K4 Burgman at the Raffles City carpark. FY 3X8X..... does it belong to anyone here?

Congrats! So is it a K7 or K8???

Anyway running in can be fun actually.... unless you're doing it by the book

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Yo arcfire, about the intermittent idling/bike dying thing, today I just dumped half a bottle of STP Complete Fuel Cleaner (i know it may not be the best thing for the engine.... but I was desperate... :sian:) and it seemed to help a bit.

thanks william , still haven confrim with GH with my fin number yet ,1 week ago call and checked and they said they had 1 last k8 out there not registered yet , so i guess most likely its mine, will double confirm again. , its colour is kinda , i duno how to describe it , looks like gunmetal , looks like blue , something like bmws kind of blue .

well runnin via the book's method is simply unrealistic ,as the burgman requires rpm of 3k plus to engage the clutch , running it under 4krpm is like u know wat speed . hence i limit my self to 5.5k rpm at the moment and trying my best to vary the road speed and engine speed .

any recommend periods for oil change ? 500--->1000--->1500

oh ya , the storage is god like ! and the engine cuts off if side stand is down as a safety feature, so warm ups in the morning die die have to be on main stand , trying to figure out how to bypass the switch. and the windblast is kinda bad , direct to my face and the orginal windscreen is flimsy , hope a higher and sturdier ermax will finetune it

looking forward to learn more abt the burgman with you guys, this is my 1st suzuki , couple of things to be done to get running to my peference , so hope you guys can bear with then question coming as i discover my ride.

regards

~deNSo SParky PluGs~

looks like you're on the right track, IMHO! :)

Anyway if you want to be kiasu can always shorten the intervals:

200 -> 500 -> 1000 -> 1500

As for the safety switch, I've defeated it by getting the mechanic to fashion a metal bracket so that the switch is always engaged.

Anyway I always warm up the bike on the centerstand, only use the sidestand in case i need to get something from the box but don't want to switch off the engine.

As for the windscreen, you must be rather tall as I find the standard on my K just nice (me 1.7m)!

guys i don't have an owners manual, any kind soul can lend me theirs go photostat? :cheeky: i return u next day, or i transfer $ to ur POSB account , u help me photostat then we meet up pass to me also can. sms/call me @ 90254102 if you are willing to help. thanks very much in advance. i riding AN400K6 btw, need all the info for belt change servicing intervals. or if any1 can direct me to a website/blog where i can DL soft copy would be great.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/chasmavric/signature.jpg

ä¸èžä¸è‹¥èžä¹‹ï¼Œ èžä¹‹ä¸è‹¥è¦‹ä¹‹ï¼Œ 見之ä¸è‹¥çŸ¥ä¹‹ï¼Œ 知之ä¸è‹¥è¡Œä¹‹ï¼› 學至於行之而止矣

Yo arcfire, about the intermittent idling/bike dying thing, today I just dumped half a bottle of STP Complete Fuel Cleaner (i know it may not be the best thing for the engine.... but I was desperate... :sian:) and it seemed to help a bit.

Haha... yah.... but since it helps, might be a good thing. Keep me updated!

any idea where can i find ermax shield for the an400k6?

AN650L3 (current): All mod transferred.

SW-T400 (till oct 13): voltmeter, safety features disabled. coocase v36+remote. Adjustable, folding Brake levers. Givi AF318 windshield. on-off switch(pilot light, head light, hazard light), electrical seat unlatch,Dr pulley.

AN400K6 (apr07-dec11): side deflectors, J Costa variator, Dr pulley slider + HiT clutch.

YP250, RVF400/RS250, NSF125.

guys i don't have an owners manual, any kind soul can lend me theirs go photostat? :cheeky: i return u next day, or i transfer $ to ur POSB account , u help me photostat then we meet up pass to me also can. sms/call me @ 90254102 if you are willing to help. thanks very much in advance. i riding AN400K6 btw, need all the info for belt change servicing intervals. or if any1 can direct me to a website/blog where i can DL soft copy would be great.

i used to ride a K6 burgman an400. still have my owners manual with me. dun need it anymore. feel free to call me

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

hi guys..i was wondering...is my bike temp running ok anot..cz..aft warming up the bike..the temp needle is juz on the midle of the temp gauge..izzit ok?good or bad..?cz if i nt wrong..my bike temp use to b less then now it use to b..