SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings Cafe 2008 - JDM/Euro 400/600

CCK

Originally posted by 867k@January 10, 2007 04:39 pm

There should be a V indicator on your dashboard. It right beside the High beam indicator.

When that light up and stay there thru out then its time to visit your motorshop.

Thanks Bros for the advices...

Btw, what does V means ?? change belt ???

Anyone put a extra on/off switch for the main headlight beam?

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a question, but maybe still too early to ask cos of ur guys bikes mileage are still new & low.

Cos silverwing is a twin cylinder engine similar like a bike. Have u guys done the recommended periodic valve clearance & timing adjustment at 40,000km yet?

Cos it can't run forever without maintenance bah i guess. The engine will be quite noisy similar to big bikes

I hope i dun get fook again for posing this question :sian:

This is the twin cylinder horizontal mount engine of the tmax. Engine same as conventional bikes liao.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/5129/dsc00110jn9.jpg

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/4732/dsc00111de9.jpg

Is that your bike cheeko? :confused:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@January 16, 2007 07:10 pm

Is that your bike cheeko? :confused:

Hi william, pm me if u wana the answer. But its a tmax500 in the photo. :smile:

Seems like nobody here is interested in the periodic valve clearance, maintenance & servicing. :confused:

Actually I am quite interested.... but afraid once the mechanic open up then all the problems start coming... :sian:

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@January 17, 2007 09:02 am

Actually I am quite interested.... but afraid once the mechanic open up then all the problems start coming... :sian:

:smile: which is y i think this kinda job gotta find a skillful bike mechanic liao. If cockup sibei jialiat :giddy:

Maybe u can go back to those major scoot shop cos urs is a single cylinder & still a scooter. Should be no problem bah :confused:

Maybe u can go to this interesting site HOW STUFF WORKS to have a read. The valves, camshaft, tensioner....(etc) also need servicing cos it can't run forever. Unless u wana sell off ur bikey soon then can dun bother.

Hope nobody come in fook me for this boring topic :sian:

How stuff works(cam shaft)

Originally posted by cheeko@January 17, 2007 09:00 am

Hi william, pm me if u wana the answer. But its a tmax500 in the photo. :smile:

Seems like nobody here is interested in the periodic valve clearance, maintenance & servicing. :confused:

It not that nobody here is interested in the periodic valve clearance ba, like u mentioned, most of us recently join this cafe and are new to this stuff. :sweat:

I saw this valve clearance thing on our SW manual mentioning only inspect after 24000KM. As for "how to do it", it is not mentioned in manual. Since u have bought it up, I think is time to take a look and find out more.

July 2004 to Nov 2006 X9 amalfi

Dec 2006 to Jan 2010 Honda SilverWing 400

Feb 2010 to Nov 2015 Honda Fit

Dec 2015 to Oct 2017 Toyota ISIS

Feb 2017 to May 2017 Honda ST1300

Jun 2017 onwards Honda Silverwing 400

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6333/image00076ka5.jpg

Originally posted by x9_scooterist@January 08, 2007 05:06 pm

Hi All SW members,

I am a newbie here, just trade in my X9 to exchange for japan model sliverwing 400 ( second hand, grey. bike is about 3 years old.

As the bike do not have any tools, and manual ( just downloaded from the tech corner, but all in jap)

Any bros have english version ? and some important question to ask fellow bro here ?

1.) What is the tyre pressure ( F/R ) in kpa ?

2.) I need the spare parts for the chrome exhaust cover and windscreen, call up and they say don't have.. roughly how much is the items ?? cos mine got hugh scratches.

3.) Any things to look out for regarding this 3 year old bike ? i.e. belts, servicing intervals and recommended bike shop which will not chop our heads ??

Thanks a lot fellow bros.

:cheer:

Hi BRO..May I Know How Much You Get Traded In Your Bike..? How Much Is Your Silverwing..?How Many Km Your Silverwing Already Clock..?

Originally posted by patriots@January 17, 2007 01:51 pm

It not that nobody here is interested in the periodic valve clearance ba, like u mentioned, most of us recently join this cafe and are new to this stuff. :sweat:

I saw this valve clearance thing on our SW manual mentioning only inspect after 24000KM. As for "how to do it", it is not mentioned in manual. Since u have bought it up, I think is time to take a look and find out more.

:confused: wah! so fast at 24,000km ah, i think no need so fast bah, my manual is at 40,000km. U will noe when the time comes cos ur engine noise will be different. Since urs is new, maybe u can take note or remember the sound. When mileage gets nearer, listen again. But ur mileage is still long way to go to worry.

But again mechanics will be very reluntant to do it for several reasons.

So u gotta find out whether ur regular scoot mechanic can do the job or not. Or u might wana bring it to a motorcycle mechanic, cos this kinda maintenance commonly done on motorcycles engines. So i guess should be more familiar bah

Hope more people can contribute or share to this topic.

But if too boring subject then i dun post anymore liao. Risk kena fa rk again :sian:

Originally posted by patriots@January 17, 2007 01:51 pm

on the how to do it part, refer to the very thick service manual, but duno u guys have or not. My yamaha is total 395 pages

Hie Guys.. Maybe This Is Out Topic But I Wud Like To Ask If Ani Of U Werking In Spore Power As Meter Reader?? Pls Du Pm Me.. Nid A Favour From U Guys.. URGENT!!!!!!!! :help: :help:

Originally posted by cheeko@January 17, 2007 04:26 pm

:confused: wah! so fast at 24,000km ah, i think no need so fast bah, my manual is at 40,000km. U will noe when the time comes cos ur engine noise will be different. Since urs is new, maybe u can take note or remember the sound. When mileage gets nearer, listen again. But ur mileage is still long way to go to worry.

But again mechanics will be very reluntant to do it for several reasons.

So u gotta find out whether ur regular scoot mechanic can do the job or not. Or u might wana bring it to a motorcycle mechanic, cos this kinda maintenance commonly done on motorcycles engines. So i guess should be more familiar bah

Hope more people can contribute or share to this topic.

But if too boring subject then i dun post anymore liao. Risk kena fa rk again :sian:

My Burgman is supposed to be every 4,000 miles... :faint:

So far I travelled about 10 times that distance liao.... :help:

Originally posted by disar@January 17, 2007 04:44 pm

Interested, but my SW not out yet :mad: postponed to tomorrow :smile:

:pity: ah..... i remember u, the poor chap who kena until very jialiat...... if urs is a brand new scooty then no need to worry or study this maintenance part loh.

:btw: anyway i got the detail instructions & drawings from my service manual. It should be the same cos same engine configuration, dimensions different only. Maybe if got meetup for kopi then show u guys all as example or reference.

i hope nobody wallop me up can already :sian:

Interesting topic as my is JDM and everything is in Japanese. Need to borrow one of you guys' manual to photostat or something.

Just a curious thought, has anyone tune their SWing before?

Bikes ridden:

89-YamahaLC125, 91-SuzukiRG125, 92-HondaCBR400J , 94-YamahaVirago400, 94-SuzukiGSXR400R, 94-YamahaTZR125, 94-HondaCBR400NFireblade, 96-HondaSteed400,

97-AprilaExtrema125, 97-HondaCBR400LFireblade ,98-HondaShadow400, 00-HondaCB400VTEC1, 01HondaSteed400, 05-PiaggioX9180, 07-HondaSilverwing400, 11-KymcoDowntown300

2014-Majesty 400 2015-Silverwing SW-GT400 2017-Yamaha Tmax530

Originally posted by william_liu@January 17, 2007 06:24 pm

My Burgman is supposed to be every 4,000 miles... :faint:

So far I travelled about 10 times that distance liao.... :help:

:confused: which is around 64,000km? never mind william liu, if nothing happen to engine just close 1 eye, continue riding & dun think so much on the mileage loh, anyway urs just a single cylinder.

Oops, should be around 40,000km instead. :sweat:

Originally posted by ah ray@January 18, 2007 02:51 am

planning for a wing soon which is more popular for swing? the JDM or euro ones?

You can't get JDM model brand new for 400cc. Only Euro model is available.

There is some difference between the 2 refer to the SW tech corner for info. :smile:

SW tech corner

Originally posted by disar@January 18, 2007 04:36 pm

you make a degrading statement about me, i am just simply asking :smile:

Hi :btw: what is the color u order? From Loois?

Last time I can only choose between silver and blue.. :sian: