Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Silverwings Cafe 2008 - JDM/Euro 400/600


Recommended Posts

The IRCs fitted as OEM tyres on the Phantom 200 did not provide much grip in the wet... and have caused quite a many scares/falls for some of the Phantom riders.

 

So the reputation of the IRCs is a bit questionable... :sian:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

 

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by william_liu@January 29, 2007 09:27 am

The IRCs fitted as OEM tyres on the Phantom 200 did not provide much grip in the wet... and have caused quite a many scares/falls for some of the Phantom riders.

 

So the reputation of the IRCs is a bit questionable... :sian:

That's mt worries too. Especially we are experiencing wet weather like everyday

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by disar@January 29, 2007 11:26 am

That's mt worries too. Especially we are experiencing wet weather like everyday

You can consider compatible Michelin tyres. So far it is good on my X9 previously.. :thumb:

July 2004 to Nov 2006 X9 amalfi

Dec 2006 to Jan 2010 Honda SilverWing 400

Feb 2010 to Nov 2015 Honda Fit

Dec 2015 to Oct 2017 Toyota ISIS

Feb 2017 to May 2017 Honda ST1300

Jun 2017 onwards Honda Silverwing 400

 

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6333/image00076ka5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just completed over 2000Km. Another 1000Km more to go to complete run-in.. :sweat:

 

CCK, so far after you adjusted the idling to 1rpm, did you encounter bike engine die off during warm up or start up? :confused:

 

Cos I intend to make adjustment soon.

July 2004 to Nov 2006 X9 amalfi

Dec 2006 to Jan 2010 Honda SilverWing 400

Feb 2010 to Nov 2015 Honda Fit

Dec 2015 to Oct 2017 Toyota ISIS

Feb 2017 to May 2017 Honda ST1300

Jun 2017 onwards Honda Silverwing 400

 

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6333/image00076ka5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

hello all, am new here. juz gotta the bike not long. wonder any after market exhaust avail for these wings?

 

and where to get them......

 

any upgrades on the air induction so far?

 

cheers

 

tuono 414

:thumb: HyperMotard Ducati 2007....Speed Triple Triumph 2007.... VRSCAW Harley Davidson 2007:thumb:
Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Tuono414@January 31, 2007 10:47 pm

hello all, am new here. juz gotta the bike not long. wonder any after market exhaust avail for these wings?

 

and where to get them......

 

any upgrades on the air induction so far?

 

cheers

 

tuono 414

hey tuono414, me juz got my wings last 2 weeks so kinda new to the bike too. There are a few aftermarket exhaust that are available. If I'm not mistaken they are leo vince, arrow and GPR. I think all are slip-on. Im trying to look for a full system :smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by patriots@January 30, 2007 07:50 pm

Just completed over 2000Km. Another 1000Km more to go to complete run-in.. :sweat:

 

CCK, so far after you adjusted the idling to 1rpm, did you encounter bike engine die off during warm up or start up? :confused:

 

Cos I intend to make adjustment soon.

:cheeky: I adjusted mine since the first day of collection. :cheeky:

 

No problem at all. No engine die off during warm up or start up.

If adjusting yourself, please be careful cos there is two knob. Only 1 is the correct one. Mine is done by Dr ponytail. :cheeky:

Link to post
Share on other sites

FC will greatly depend on the road you used.

If 90% of your ride is normal road(city), the chances of 240km/12l is very common.

If 90% of it is expressway then you will hit 260-280/12l.

I have tested it myself.

I think it is due to the dragging of the move off(pick-up). My theory is, if you can improve on the pick-up then maybe the FC will improve for city condition.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by sid@January 31, 2007 10:55 pm

hey tuono414, me juz got my wings last 2 weeks so kinda new to the bike too. There are a few aftermarket exhaust that are available. If I'm not mistaken they are leo vince, arrow and GPR. I think all are slip-on. Im trying to look for a full system :smile:

I dont think there is no full system for our Euro 06' model.

If you look at your exhaust you will notice that, there is a air hose from the pipe to the air filter. I'm not sure if you can exclude the hose if you have a full system.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by 867k@February 01, 2007 02:39 am

I dont think there is no full system for our Euro 06' model.

If you look at your exhaust you will notice that, there is a air hose from the pipe to the air filter. I'm not sure if you can exclude the hose if you have a full system.

So I guess we can only use slip on for our euro. Anyone had any experience with any of the slip on :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by CCK@February 01, 2007 12:25 am

:cheeky: I adjusted mine since the first day of collection. :cheeky:

 

No problem at all. No engine die off during warm up or start up.

If adjusting yourself, please be careful cos there is two knob. Only 1 is the correct one. Mine is done by Dr ponytail. :cheeky:

wat is the difference if the idling is set to 1000prm? :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by sid@February 01, 2007 10:44 am

wat is the difference if the idling is set to 1000prm? :confused:

Maybe then the bike wouldn't die when neutral.

 

btw thanks bro for the fuel,mileage issue.

 

Any bros have english manual on the JDM model ? if not Euro also can lar, cos I do not understand Jippun language.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Shell BAU_Motorcycle_Version 2_SingaporeBikes Banner_300x250 (static).jpg

×
×
  • Create New...