SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Safety officer

ET

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Side-track:

To prevent these types of co to use SO as shield. Normally the SO in the market will spread the news so that no SO will join these co. Then they have no choice but engage from consultant firm and when blunders are made, the companies are forced to change their culture.

Not only tis choice bro, there's another choice.

FOREIGN TALENTS!! :thumb:

Usually the case, coz cheaper and more "listen" to the management...

Y would company pay to consultant firm? Its so much more expensive. 1 SO from consultant can get 2 foreign SO.

These are usually the reason y nowadays company cannot improve their safety standards. Blame it on MxM instead, coz MxM were the ones who allow such talent to join the industry.

-= I live my life a quarter mile at a time. =-

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Prankster_Siggy.jpg

Well, there are good co out there, not perfect though. I'm currently in one of them. You are kind of right, but I'm not defeated.

5yrs back, I was in "crap" co. b4 too. but to be honest....not a lot of SO are capable of changing co. mindsets. Try a local contractor and you will know what I mean. Safety is still a pretty much, top down management committment approach. The final say is still on your top management and boss. You can persuade or negotiate, but if the final say is still not investing in safety and just to save money, kind of case close. Its always easy to say I go in to change the culture or the mindset but its always harder to walk the talk.

Right mindset is good and important for a SO. But most of the time, identifying the culture of a co is also important. To implement the kind of practice to a co with the wrong mindset and culture will take a much longer time.

My advice is not trying to dissappoint or sound negetive. I just wanna provide infor to ppl coming into the market with a more realistic picture. Its is a hard job, not as easy as it seems, have a lot of room to grow and a market where only the person who show true proffessionalism will shine. A really good company move towards a common objective/goal and move as a team with a full support of top management leadership.

Currently, I'm a SO by practice,part time trainer and auditor. Enjoying everyday of my work. Working with my group of dedicated ops team ppl and top management that commit to safety and well-being of the workers. You achieve miracles through teamwork! Looking forward to positive and capable ppl to raise the standard of this industry!

One final advice, the great wall of china is not built in a single day! Changes takes time to marinate and settle. It takes more patience to change the management than your workers. ;)

ok, you are not defeated.

but are you sure your top-mgt got time and patience to listen to long messages? :)

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

but are you sure your top-mgt got time and patience to listen to long messages? :)

theres always time for everything.theres 24hrs in a day n its more than sufficient.its how u manage your time.we just gotta believe in ourselves.remember..ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY.

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

I like your thinking and mindset. However, a lot of companies cannot really be bothered to implement good safety culture. U implement too much safety measures will require cost. and the first thing the top management will do is remove u.

thats why they remain bad.

look like you really hate companies who "cannot really be bothered to implement good safety culture".

do you know that such "hatred" may be written all over your face when you go for the next interview?

brother, take it easy lah. though you may be a lost soul, you can still repent and be found. :angel:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

Y would company pay to consultant firm? Its so much more expensive. 1 SO from consultant can get 2 foreign SO.

These are usually the reason y nowadays company cannot improve their safety standards. Blame it on MxM instead, coz MxM were the ones who allow such talent to join the industry.

handsome, don't blame mxm lah.

if they don't register us as safety officer and recognise our input, we have no food to eat you know?

blame them oso cannot change the situation.

try working along with them instead. you will find your life as safety ppl more meaningful. :)

or do you find it more meaningful if we start a "hammering mXm" forum?

Edited by cstay66

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

theres always time for everything.theres 24hrs in a day n its more than sufficient.its how u manage your time.we just gotta believe in ourselves.remember..ROME WASNT BUILT IN A DAY.

most of the successful ppl in the world always find that 24 hours a day is insufficient lah.

only not so successful ppl like us can afford to spend time in the forum talking things we ourselves don't understand, to strangers we don't really know and call them brothers as if we really care.

you're right brother. 24 hours a day is simply too much for me to handle.

give me some more brother, i am not going any where. :cool:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

if top management going to implement what you all have said, they would say this and that and that and this.. theres nothing much you can do actually..when you want to implement this and that, they say money.. money.. everything is money.. sometimes i wonder why do they still bother to talk safety 1st when money to them should be 1st? feel really so fed up on these rubbish..

Yes. To us, we always have the time for safety. Anyway, you dun need long and bombastic messages to get it across to your top-management. We preach and act on safety, from a top-down approach. :)

if top management going to implement what you all have said, they would say this and that and that and this.. theres nothing much you can do actually..when you want to implement this and that, they say money.. money.. everything is money.. sometimes i wonder why do they still bother to talk safety 1st when money to them should be 1st? feel really so fed up on these rubbish..

Haha, I understand your feeling bro! But if even regulatory requirements or high risk protection your co. oso wanna cut cost.......then its really too much.

I have seen so many co that pays lip services, you can only do all you can with the limited resources you have. Then after you gained enough exp, jump to a better co.

I generally had enough time. But not just for work, I need to spend time with my family too! haha. 24hrs maybe only contribute 10hrs to my work from Monday to Saturday. I think very xiong liao. As a SO that is constantly working under pressure and with a strong sense of responsibility, I will always make time to break off from work so that my mind can work and operate more effectively. we are humans...not robots! hehe. ;)

Haha, have to agree with some of your points bro. But actually not all FT are bad, some are actually quite good. The mindset is much more important. Met some SG SO with the wrong mindset and did quite a bad job too. For every farm....there is a few black sheep.

handsome, don't blame mxm lah.

if they don't register us as safety officer and recognise our input, we have no food to eat you know?

blame them oso cannot change the situation.

try working along with them instead. you will find your life as safety ppl more meaningful. :)

or do you find it more meaningful if we start a "hammering mXm" forum?

MxM registered FT as SO aso muz see their previous employment mah.

Not anyhow suka suka let them register mah. Most of tis FT pull down market price and cannot perform. N pple like who sometimes hafta to work wif them or under them, really cannot tahan the way they do things. :(

Haha, have to agree with some of your points bro. But actually not all FT are bad, some are actually quite good. The mindset is much more important. Met some SG SO with the wrong mindset and did quite a bad job too. For every farm....there is a few black sheep.

True. Some of the FT can do a good job. Even as SC. But the thing is, MOST FT are really a piece of ShXt. Dunno simple rules and regulations, anyhow implement things worst still, boss say can means can, WTF. U dun 1 ur rice bowl, the local staffs under u still want their rice bowl leh. :faint:

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Prankster_Siggy.jpg

MxM registered FT as SO aso muz see their previous employment mah.

Not anyhow suka suka let them register mah. Most of tis FT pull down market price and cannot perform. N pple like who sometimes hafta to work wif them or under them, really cannot tahan the way they do things. :(

True. Some of the FT can do a good job. Even as SC. But the thing is, MOST FT are really a piece of ShXt. Dunno simple rules and regulations, anyhow implement things worst still, boss say can means can, WTF. U dun 1 ur rice bowl, the local staffs under u still want their rice bowl leh. :faint:

brother, you sound like you have to murder one or two FT to appease your anger towards the FT.

thank god i am a local, true blue, kanasai (treated like sh*t by the garmen) singaporean. i am safe. :cool:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

agreed. not all FT are bad. my father was one. long long ago. from cina.

he screwed a local, which happened to be my mum. and i was the consequence.

so, everytime i see a FT, it reminds me that they want to screw the locals. just talking from experience. don't flame me. :p

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

look like you really hate companies who "cannot really be bothered to implement good safety culture".

do you know that such "hatred" may be written all over your face when you go for the next interview?

brother, take it easy lah. though you may be a lost soul, you can still repent and be found. :angel:

i was from consultant firm. haha... not an issue.

Top-down approach with ACTIONS are v impt. Sadly, v few companies in sg practice that..

a lot of institutions are currently mass producing SOs... and yeah, more than half during my course are "talents". A lot are in for the money. Why there isn't a filter to stop this influx? Ppl are always discussing about income more than safety issues. *shake head*

c'est la vie~

brother, you sound like you have to murder one or two FT to appease your anger towards the FT.

thank god i am a local, true blue, kanasai (treated like sh*t by the garmen) singaporean. i am safe. :cool:

Haha. It's not about murdering anyone one of them to appease my anger.

I've ever worked wif FTs. Be it workin together, working under them(owner side) as main con. Or even working as a sub con under them (main con)... N i have serious prob with their working attitude. All they care is about covering their own backside and their rice bowl. Nv for once they will think for others.

Then good mah, they do a bad job then you can shine! haha. Let the contractors make their own selection lo. Generally, they pay for what they get! hehe.

In my current workplace, there are a handful of FTs are that are actually pretty good. Some of these good ones I kept for my company and for my own team. They can work long hours, committed and seldom complain. A few SG SC I come across had left my co coz they cant take the stress and the pace of work. Coz safety first kind of co. oso means more "safety things" to do! haha.

I do werk wif FT evry single day in my workplace....realli saw a bad side of dem...onli a few bunch reali can shine...the rest, haiz.....sad sad case...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/nebulaz/KTM-Pink-1.jpg

HUA Hua hua....WADEVER..AR you STOOPID OR WAD? HUA hua hua version 2.....

Bros -This FT only for show wanna become Safety to siam the hard labour and see themselves up...Come to TBM or HSE Meeting cant talk or present for ****...and they try to "kill" locals by Carry "Balls"....trust me ive been in this industry for sometime..but heng my Company appreciate REAL TALENT as all of our HSE are locals...

Low pay = High conversion in their $

Long Hrs = No prob, go dormitory also do nuthin

Who suffer = me and U who kena cut left right sentre by garmen and then enjoy the peanuts which leaves us waiting for pay day to come asap!

Go Jurong Islanders!!! lol....

Any Island boyz around?

Well, wat can i say?

MxM fuk up. From top down management approach. Tis is already very wrong. From top (MxM) mah. Since MxM already like that, how to expect companies to be good?

Than companies no good, MxM come, kana fuk left right up down center. Fined many many. Prob many many lah.

But think to the bright side, even though lots of FT RSO, can they perform in the 1st place? We can outshine them anytime we want!

Cheers!

if you are keen to let go your fire on foreign talents, go to this website:

http://app.reach.gov.sg/reach/default.aspx?tabid=116&ptid=404&threadid=3138&forumtype=posts

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300