SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Safety officer

ET

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow..thread v quiet...Sexkid?cstay66?san marino?whr r u guys?? btw any1 going to the upcoming WSH conference?

so quiet becos everyone finish their bullets on ft issue liao.

this conference thingy got to pay one right? anyway, not going lah.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

so quiet becos everyone finish their bullets on ft issue liao.

this conference thingy got to pay one right? anyway, not going lah.

yeah later the issue will re-ignite for some reason.n yeah the conference's aint free.wish it was or at least affordable.but im not going too..

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

My co. sponsoring our team to go. I kind of tied down with audits, so arrow my SC to go then he will have to prepare summary report and presentation to me and my ops team when he is back.

Quiet? For me it will be coz super duper busy......my leave nearing soon! haha.

Some sharing:

Lately, my co employed a new trainer. Come attach with me, go a few site. Push him a bit........resign liao! Reason....he could not cope la, dun like the ppl la, can't handle stress la. Work less than 1 month. He is indeed a trainer! But a trainer with all talk no play! Smoke his way through with all the bombastic knowledge but at the end of the day....he could not stand the test of the real deal! A local somemore......sad. Hope our market will not be flooded with people like these that really tarnish the reputation of our profession. If you are not prepared to work hard or at the very least be responsible.....dun waste time coming to the line.

Walk the talk.......dun always just talk the walk! Walking the talk helps you to stand firm on your ground. My advice to the young and new ppl coming to the market. ;)

Edited by Tanker79

My co. sponsoring our team to go. I kind of tied down with audits, so arrow my SC to go then he will have to prepare summary report and presentation to me and my ops team when he is back.

Some sharing:

Lately, my co employed a new trainer. Come attach with me, go a few site. Push him a bit........resign liao! Reason....he could not cope la, dun like the ppl la, can't handle stress la. Work less than 1 month. He is indeed a trainer! But a trainer with all talk no play! Smoke his way through with all the bombastic knowledge but at the end of the day....he could not stand the test of the real deal! A local somemore......sad. Hope our market will not be flooded with people like these that really tarnish the reputation of our profession. If you are not prepared to work hard or at the very least be responsible.....dun waste time coming to the line.

Walk the talk.......dun always just talk the walk! Walking the talk helps you to stand firm on your ground. My advice to the young and new ppl coming to the market. ;)

Wah. Seems like u like to tekan ur staffs ah? o_O :p

Btw, ur co. seems to be 1 which really takes EHS seriously....

Mind to pm me ur co.? I a bit interested to noe lah...

-= I live my life a quarter mile at a time. =-

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Prankster_Siggy.jpg

Some sharing:

wah...if u were my boss,id sure tekan u back!!! kidding!!

Wah. Seems like u like to tekan ur staffs ah? o_O :p

Btw, ur co. seems to be 1 which really takes EHS seriously....

Mind to pm me ur co.? I a bit interested to noe lah...

Wahlau, must take hardship then can survive mah! haha. I recommend him to go la, he is actually more than willing. A good spirited SC in my team. A future star in my eyes. Last year I just push for his grade promotion and he got it. Got potential, willing to work hard, I support my staff all the way.

Most of the time, my co. trained our own SC, then when they perform well after a few years, we sent them for SO course then promote them to SO. I prefer SO from the ground up. Willing to work hard, willing to learn and change. I normally dont recommend my co. to take in SO str from the market. Usually SO str from market is not as committed as those we train from ground up. Furthermore, these ground up guys are more adaptive to our system and pace of work. Most SO generally left our co. coz they think come in shake leg, good money. But if you cant perform in 3 months.......we generally give you 2 weeks notice to leave before confirmation. No chance given. Weeds should be uprooted before it claws its way deep into the soil.

Huh? no need to pm. I recommend a few good safety company for your reference:

1) M+W Zanders

2) Borvis

3) Dregages

4) Gammon

5) Foster Wheeler

Edited by Tanker79

Any dude starting they Advance Certificate in WSH in NTUC learning Hub this coming Monday ??? :cheeky:

class are full till april bro...

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Guest aircraft

Hi All,

A stupid question. For Worksites that need to register a SC, can a RSO registers for it ? Logically should be allowed right ? thanks

Wahlau, must take hardship then can survive mah! haha. I recommend him to go la, he is actually more than willing. A good spirited SC in my team. A future star in my eyes. Last year I just push for his grade promotion and he got it. Got potential, willing to work hard, I support my staff all the way.

Most of the time, my co. trained our own SC, then when they perform well after a few years, we sent them for SO course then promote them to SO. I prefer SO from the ground up. Willing to work hard, willing to learn and change. I normally dont recommend my co. to take in SO str from the market. Usually SO str from market is not as committed as those we train from ground up. Furthermore, these ground up guys are more adaptive to our system and pace of work. Most SO generally left our co. coz they think come in shake leg, good money. But if you cant perform in 3 months.......we generally give you 2 weeks notice to leave before confirmation. No chance given. Weeds should be uprooted before it claws its way deep into the soil.

Huh? no need to pm. I recommend a few good safety company for your reference:

1) M+W Zanders

2) Borvis

3) Dregages

4) Gammon

5) Foster Wheeler

hope you pay your ground up wsho well to keep them. :)

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

Hi All,

A stupid question. For Worksites that need to register a SC, can a RSO registers for it ? Logically should be allowed right ? thanks

yes. allowed.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

I will organise the following Subsidy Safety courses :-

a) Shipyard Safety Supervisor Course (SSSC)

Course Date: 2, 3 and 4 April 2010 (From 0830am to 0830 pm)

Exam Date: 8-April-2010 (From 7pm to 9pm)

Cut-off date for submission: 26-March-2010

b) Oil Petrochemical Industry Safety Supervisor (OPIS)

Course Date: 1, 2 and 9 May 2010 (From 0830am to 0830 pm)

Exam Date: 11-May-2010 (From 7pm to 9pm)

Cut-off date for submission: 24-April-2010

Fees after Mendaki Subsidy for the above courses:-

Above 40’ pay only - S$ 27*

Below 40’ only pay - S$ 105

*NOTE:

For applicants who are above 40 years old but have qualifications above A levels, they will be subjected to the same funding levels as applicants below 40 years old.

REMARKS:

- The above courses are accredited by Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

- This subsidy ONLY eligible to working people, S'porean / SPR, mainly for muslim but for non-muslim also can apply BUT need to check the quota availability. (Foreigner and unemployed local people has to pay full amount S$300)

- Class limited to 30 students per session therefore application base on 1st come 1st serve.

Anyone interested or would like to know more details, please send me email at [email protected]

Reading alot is good for knowledge.... To learn the CPs or Regulations or SS.... Its good to read and remember and update oneself...

But sometimes, u need to be on site to understand the practicabality....

-= I live my life a quarter mile at a time. =-

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Prankster_Siggy.jpg

书中自有黄金屋。

Translate : There is a golden house in every book.

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

They ARE paid well......haha. But need to work very hard! ;)

trust that they are mostly foreign talents as well. cos heard that sillypooreans do not appreciate hard job. :)

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

I will organise the following Subsidy Safety courses :-

a) Shipyard Safety Supervisor Course (SSSC)

Course Date: 2, 3 and 4 April 2010 (From 0830am to 0830 pm)

Exam Date: 8-April-2010 (From 7pm to 9pm)

Cut-off date for submission: 26-March-2010

b) Oil Petrochemical Industry Safety Supervisor (OPIS)

Course Date: 1, 2 and 9 May 2010 (From 0830am to 0830 pm)

Exam Date: 11-May-2010 (From 7pm to 9pm)

Cut-off date for submission: 24-April-2010

Fees after Mendaki Subsidy for the above courses:-

Above 40’ pay only - S$ 27*

Below 40’ only pay - S$ 105

*NOTE:

For applicants who are above 40 years old but have qualifications above A levels, they will be subjected to the same funding levels as applicants below 40 years old.

REMARKS:

- The above courses are accredited by Ministry of Manpower (MOM).

- This subsidy ONLY eligible to working people, S'porean / SPR, mainly for muslim but for non-muslim also can apply BUT need to check the quota availability. (Foreigner and unemployed local people has to pay full amount S$300)

- Class limited to 30 students per session therefore application base on 1st come 1st serve.

Anyone interested or would like to know more details, please send me email at [email protected]

great subsidy. :thumb:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

guys..ask you one qns. does a safety guy need to read up alot?like always reading and reading safety information to keep himself updated? It seems like i have been reading almost everyday..and now im abit tired of reading..

take a break.

you can't memorise the entire law book and code of practices.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

Reading alot is good for knowledge.... To learn the CPs or Regulations or SS.... Its good to read and remember and update oneself...

But sometimes, u need to be on site to understand the practicabality....

even a medical doctor refers to his books at times...so relax a bit and dun stress out by memorising all the CPs, SS

im trying to finish the subsidiary legislation on the GP..im still at the starting..im not memorising..more to understanding the requirement.but some clauses are simply to difficult to understand..and plus the safety news and stuffs like tt..so i just keep reading n reading.. im taking a break here n then.. a few days break and back to reading and reading again.. CP and SS i will only refer when i need to..wun go to the extend of memorising.. i dun believe in memorising..coz u will forget overtime..only by understanding, no matter how long the duration is, u wun really forget 100%..maybe only forgetting 20%..

trust that they are mostly foreign talents as well. cos heard that sillypooreans do not appreciate hard job. :)

Yap, very sad. I'm one of the 3 singaporeans. The other 5 of my guys are malaysian chinese and indians. Too bad, most SG SO just fails to impress me with their working attitude.:dot:

im trying to finish the subsidiary legislation on the GP..im still at the starting..im not memorising..more to understanding the requirement.but some clauses are simply to difficult to understand..and plus the safety news and stuffs like tt..so i just keep reading n reading.. im taking a break here n then.. a few days break and back to reading and reading again.. CP and SS i will only refer when i need to..wun go to the extend of memorising.. i dun believe in memorising..coz u will forget overtime..only by understanding, no matter how long the duration is, u wun really forget 100%..maybe only forgetting 20%..

Read the important points, highlight it. Those which you always see on site or related to your work scope. Knowing which CP, SS and Act to refer to when you are unsure is more important than memorizing clause by clause. I work for quite some time oso could not remember all, still need to refer to the info every now and then.

Read the important points, highlight it. Those which you always see on site or related to your work scope. Knowing which CP, SS and Act to refer to when you are unsure is more important than memorizing clause by clause. I work for quite some time oso could not remember all, still need to refer to the info every now and then.

sadly to say, theres nothing in the legislation or the act or the cp is related to my job scope. coz my trade is different from the rest..its about mooring. and MOM have very very little information on mooring. so i can only brush up on my Act and legislation to understand before finding another job. Easier to learn tt way and when go to site, can practise on what i have learnt.. that's my intent..