SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Safety officer

ET

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pay me and i will show you the general outline of all the paperwork you need to know according to cp79 and ohsas18001:

1. safety policy

2. safe work practices

3. safety training

4. group meeting

5. incident investigation

6. in-house rules and regulations

7. safety promotion

8. evaluation, selection and control of contractors

9. safety inspection

10. maintenance regime

11. risk assessment

12. control of chemical and other hazardous substances

13. occupational health programme

14. emergency preparedness

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

looking for safety service to your company ??

We provide the following Safety and Health Personnel and Services:

•Safety Officers (WSH Officers) & Safety Coordinator in accordance to WSH (Workplace Safety and Health Officer) Regulations

•Conduct Risk Assessment

•Consultancy services in setting up Safety Management System (SMS) in accordance to MOM requirement, or OHSAS 18001 requirement

•Provide Company to achieve Bizsafe Level 1 to Level 5

•Preparation for External Audit

•Setting up of Safety Policy

•Provide Safety Induction Course Programmer

•Preparation of Internal Trainings

•Provide Risk Management.

Hp : 90278803

pay me and i will show you the general outline of all the paperwork you need to know according to cp79 and ohsas18001:

1. safety policy

2. safe work practices

3. safety training

4. group meeting

5. incident investigation

6. in-house rules and regulations

7. safety promotion

8. evaluation, selection and control of contractors

9. safety inspection

10. maintenance regime

11. risk assessment

12. control of chemical and other hazardous substances

13. occupational health programme

14. emergency preparedness

Isn't that the SMS ? Is this what the safety guy normally do for paperwork?

yeah dats the sms..heres a list of (some) things the wsho does on a regular basis.

1) physical surveillance (site inspection)

2) incident/accident report (as n when)

3) eco report (if u r the appointed eco)

4) monthly report (consisting of manhrs, mandays lost, no of accidents/incidents etc)

5) weekly meetings

6) progress meetings (with client)

7) conduct trainings/seminars/briefings

8) conduct/review risk assessment

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

are you saying that the list is too short and too insignificant and that we safety ppl are doing f*ck off?

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

Guest aircraft
are you saying that the list is too short and too insignificant and that we safety ppl are doing f*ck off?

Yo Bro,

Relax lah... I'm sure that's not what he meant. Of course safety is not only that SMS list, but each item of that list needs lots of work to develop, implement, enforce and maintain loh.

i didnt mean that. i just want to know more about what kind of paperwork does a safety officer do. im not trying to say this is not important and its very easy. y must you talk until like that? im not here to start another war or anything. im just curious thats all.

i didnt mean that. i just want to know more about what kind of paperwork does a safety officer do. im not trying to say this is not important and its very easy. y must you talk until like that? im not here to start another war or anything. im just curious thats all.

Actually if you check the WSH regulations, it will give you an idea of what you need to do. All paperwork involve in your job is yr responsibility.

Sex Kid

I have some problem. Safety people are more busy towards paperwork or at site actually? I have friends of mine who are so busy with paperwork. I wonder what kind of paperworks are they doing? Can you tell me what kind of paper work are you guys as a safety personnel are doing? Safety people should be busy at site as well to inspect and observe all the acts by the workers also right? So what exactly are all these paperwork?

Different appt has diff job scope. Also depends on whether u r main- con or sub-con and client's requirement.

Anyway WSHO function is diff from SS. for me I don't do site inspection everyday. What the **** I have so many SS for?

I would say, basically WSHO is to ensure that SMS and RM is in place and implemented. That will of course require paperwork.

Sex Kid

then be more tactful in the way you ask question or reply lah. don't give your reply in a form of question and leave for others to interpret. be more precise and specific when you try asking for advice.

this is a forum. we can't see each others' facial expression and gesture. so always pre-empt what the other party will react towards your reply and what they have to do to help answer your questions.

"another war"? you mean you are good in starting wars through forum.

you must somebody. :faint:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

Yo Bro,

Relax lah... I'm sure that's not what he meant. Of course safety is not only that SMS list, but each item of that list needs lots of work to develop, implement, enforce and maintain loh.

do safety how to relax? some more ppl don't appreciate, still ask this ask that.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

Actually if you check the WSH regulations, it will give you an idea of what you need to do. All paperwork involve in your job is yr responsibility.

Sex Kid

actually nobody give a damn to what wsh regulations say.

if they really go and read it up, then safety ppl will have no lobang to do liao.

make them come to us and we will tell them what to do.

with a fee, of course. :)

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

Security guard or supervisor may be below 1.8k. But manager sure above $4k. If at IR, from 5 to 6k.

Sex Kid

please do not bring down the salary of the security or safety ppl.

those who read or come across this forum may one day be the security or safety ppl or best, employers of the security and safety ppl.

they need to know that it will cost them to employ and run a business.

we are not cheap you know?

how can a minister of a country makes millions and their ppl make peanut?

maybe what you have quoted is for junior posts.

thanks. :thumb:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

hope you are just as curious about the numbers of "i" you have been using in this para.

you are good in defence as i am as quick to be "offended".

nice knowing you. :)

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

hope you are just as curious about the numbers of "i" you have been using in this para.

you are good in defence as i am as quick to be "offended".

nice knowing you. :)

nice knowing you too. :) I'm starting to get a clearer picture and shall seek all of the advice here should i meet into some problem. hope you all don't mind in providing me advices. thanks all. how about we meet up again once after cny finishes? how about that?

Hmmm.... u talking about public holiday finish? Or really CNY finish? CNY 15days leh... Haha...

I was actually thinkin b4 CNY.... But i guess most would be quite busy with family and busy preparing for CNY....

-= I live my life a quarter mile at a time. =-

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Prankster_Siggy.jpg

Hmmm.... u talking about public holiday finish? Or really CNY finish? CNY 15days leh... Haha...

I was actually thinkin b4 CNY.... But i guess most would be quite busy with family and busy preparing for CNY....

Before CNY is next week only, so I think a bit rush. After will be easier.

Anyway I left my previous company, now working in another company and waiting for result of my application from another. I've also started working part-time starting this month. I intend to sieve out any useless SS and replace with effective ppl.

Tell you guys more when we meet up.

Sex Kid

please do not bring down the salary of the security or safety ppl.

those who read or come across this forum may one day be the security or safety ppl or best, employers of the security and safety ppl.

they need to know that it will cost them to employ and run a business.

we are not cheap you know?

how can a minister of a country makes millions and their ppl make peanut?

maybe what you have quoted is for junior posts.

thanks. :thumb:

Bro, fact mah....

I now work 2 safety job also cannot hit $10k.

Also I already go for interview with one IR. They already offer but I ask for increase so waiting for their reply. So I know about what they pay lah. Somemore my ex bosses now in CISCO & ATOS top management

Sex Kid

actually nobody give a damn to what wsh regulations say.

if they really go and read it up, then safety ppl will have no lobang to do liao.

make them come to us and we will tell them what to do.

with a fee, of course. :)

Actually depend on company. My part time job has 60 workers and 7 SS (2 in night shift), safety coordinator and safety manager, and only a sub-con hor. INN my full time has 1 SS and 1 SC as main con and 300 workers.

Part time job see WSHO important that's why bring me in to handle site safety and also prepare company for bizsafe 3.

Sex Kid

nice knowing you too. :) I'm starting to get a clearer picture and shall seek all of the advice here should i meet into some problem. hope you all don't mind in providing me advices. thanks all. how about we meet up again once after cny finishes? how about that?

Bro, relax.

Bro cstay66 only giving you a little pressure to see u can take it or not. If here you cannot take it, then when you become WSHO sure you jialet.

In a way, from his experience, he is "teaching" us lah, like how we communicate, etc.

Sex Kid