SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Safety officer

ET

Guest aircraft

Hmm... so conclusion is whether you have cert or advance cert, you can register yourself as a WSH coordinator ?

If we look at the WSQ framework, WSH Cert = WSH rep. only.

WSH Advance Cert = Coordinator.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm... so conclusion is whether you have cert or advance cert, you can register yourself as a WSH coordinator ?

If we look at the WSQ framework, WSH Cert = WSH rep. only.

WSH Advance Cert = Coordinator.

u dun hv to register yrself as a WSH Coordinator..dun get confused here.only ECOs and WSHOs need to be registered.n if u hv BCSS,u can call yrself a SS.Advanced Cert in WSH= SC n Spec Dip in WSH=WSHO.BUT...u dun need to hv a degree or higher to become a Safety Manager.its only a title bestowed upon u by the coy.For eg. (true story) this Safety Mgr in a Japanese construction coy is a Safety Mgr w/o a degree BUT he just completed his Spec Dip in WSH and currently he's waiting for his results.He may or may not passs the course but he'll still be a Safety Mgr.n sum coys especially local small coys,SMEs dun hv a WSHO on their payroll but they'll get an experienced/inexperienced SC to become the WSHO..only difference is they're not recognised by MOM.

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

Guest aircraft

It's just like Engineers, some are diploma & some are degree holders. Depend on the company. When Market flooded with WSHO, from 'O' lvl to degree holders, I would think WSHO with degree stand higher chance of getting safety manager job, esp bigger companies with stricter requirement.

I gotten my degree several years back. I can only say, if your company are big players and a mnc.....a degree is quite a minimal to be a manager. Sometimes, not having a degree is a good excuse for your company not to promote you to managerial position. Btw I gotten my manager role str after i graduate...ahem.

Personally, I went through the degree course from Newcastle, my advice, if you are "serious" about pursuing the safety field as a real professional, a degree really back your experience and knowledge and also open your horizon on the safety, occupational health AND environmental field.

Edited by Tanker79

I gotten my degree several years back. I can only say, if your company are big players and a mnc.....a degree is quite a minimal to be a manager. Sometimes, not having a degree is a good excuse for your company not to promote you to managerial position. Btw I gotten my manager role str after i graduate...ahem.

Personally, I went through the degree course from Newcastle, my advice, if you are "serious" about pursuing the safety field as a real professional, a degree really back your experience and knowledge and also open your horizon on the safety, occupational health AND environmental field.

True true..but like i have said previously..even if u got how big the cert is oso no use.. Management dont empower u..u r just another walking robot taking salary without interest anymore.. feel really restless and very touchy..disappointing with the f***ing management.. Imagine a guy who has much interest, but with the management as the barrier, the interest in safety dies down slowly and slowly, soon, gone..Why cant they just say, GO AHEAD!!??? tHE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT U!!!

San marino bro, somehow i feel u r very negative....

Dun be.... Dun let the interest die down on u....

Keep on pushing/learning..... Get the exp, leave ur current coy and join a better coy....

-= I live my life a quarter mile at a time. =-

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Prankster_Siggy.jpg

Guest aircraft
True true..but like i have said previously..even if u got how big the cert is oso no use.. Management dont empower u..u r just another walking robot taking salary without interest anymore.. feel really restless and very touchy..disappointing with the f***ing management.. Imagine a guy who has much interest, but with the management as the barrier, the interest in safety dies down slowly and slowly, soon, gone..Why cant they just say, GO AHEAD!!??? tHE MANAGEMENT SUPPORT U!!!

I think if your recommendations are valid and reasonable, your management should support, if not, they are not doing their job well.

Lucky my manager is extremely supportive to me, then again, could be becos I'm also part of management. I feel that you need to be empowered to perform your job well,safety included.

agreed. :thumb:

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

it's time you move on...

but before you move on, kindly evaluate why you are not able to convince your management to take interest on safety?

if every company and its management are "automatically" and "naturally" keen on safety, then what is our challenge to make safety happen in the workplace as a safety professional? are you looking for an easy life?

wat makes you think that if you are placed in a pro safety company, you will do well and excel in your performance? and if you have the full support from the management (in safety), what degree of accountability and commitment are you prepared to trade in?

are you going to bring the same and negative attitude towards your current management into the new workplace? what are you going to say to the interviewer when asked "why do you want to leave you last company?" or "what is the reason of you leaving your company?" any negative answer to this question will be a slap on your face. you need to unload such negative attitude before you leave for the next job or it may stick with you for life.

are we like the current young generation in china? their work philosophy (someone cares enuf to translate?) is as follows:

现代工作观:

钱多事少离家近 位高权重责任轻

每日睡到自然醒 薪水领到手抽筋

逢年过节拿奖金 别人加班我加薪

喝茶看报做股票 副业兼差样样行

秘书妖艳员工齐 有过归人功归己

欧美亚非加南极 出差旅游任我行

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

But having a safety degree what is the propose?

u'll need that if u decide to become a WSHO/HSE Executive/HSE Engineer in a factory i.e manufacturing, hospitals,r & d labs, airport

Yes i agree with what you say here. Thats why i choose to go for my degree soon ;)

r u on the waiting list?hw much is the fees?i also wana go but the fees are a stumbling block :(

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

I think if your recommendations are valid and reasonable, your management should support, if not, they are not doing their job well.

Lucky my manager is extremely supportive to me, then again, could be becos I'm also part of management. I feel that you need to be empowered to perform your job well,safety included.

not necessary that every valid and reasonable proposal in the name of safety shall be accepted by the management.

try to see thing from the management's perspective and you will have a more fruitful life in your safety career.

how can we blame our management and try to work with them at the same time? trust some of us here can manage these opposite emotion at work but i doubt it will be a happy experience.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

Guest aircraft

Hi All,

Anyone taking or graduated from the PSB -Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety? Is it widely recognized in the safety industry ? thanks.

Good. please try to be positive! Haha. A good safety workplace is not "there" overnight. From my experience it takes lots of:

1) Care and maintenance, reminding too....

2) Good leadership, one of the most important!

3) Good and positive negotiation skills, if you wanna tame the lion, don't bring a feather duster! like wise, dun use a cleaver to cut beancurd! Use the right words, choose your words, think before you talk.

4) Taking in good people and making good people to stay, A team consist of good people is a strong team

5) Proper hand over and taking over, clear your crap and dun leave it behind

6) Patience and Courage, the great wall of china is not build overnight. Sometimes the person who show true courage is the one that show true patience.

7) The heart for safety, the heart for people and workers, genuinely care for your workers

8) Respect your worker and people, they will gradually respect you back, talk to and treat people with respect.

9) Be strong, make firm decision! When other fumbles, you stand up strong against all odds.

10) Be cool, be professional, nothing should affect your poker face and you still stay cool as a cucumber! haha.

Hope it helps. ;)

boss....you own many companies aarrh?

got a job or two to spare?

not safety oso can lah.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300