SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Safety officer

ET

LoL.. $4k too little to take up so much legal liabilities.

yeah tell me abt it.they're trying to make a fool out of us

so how much do you think should the pay be?

at least $5.5k...with at least 2 yrs' experience

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest aircraft

I believe it's depends on individual's expectation, working capacity and weigh against the liabilities you are subjected to. Unless you and all your workers are super 'ON' and extremely responsible and very sure you have done every single 'reasonably practicable' steps to prevent any incident/ accident, then maybe can consider lower pay.

If not, pay must be high lah, can ganna max. fined $200,000 and/or 6 months jail 1 loh... dun play play...

hi all..

i have a qns.. can i ask how much a WSHO (RSO) with 2 years experience be earning?

and how much a safety coordinator with about 1 year experience be earning?

let's say its in a construction industry.

theres no market rates..the salary is pegged to the no of years of experience.n ultiamtely it all depends on the coy u work for.i have a couple of friends who are very new in the WSH industry but they are working in Jurong Island n command a basic salary of $3.5K...n they r only safety sups....

at least $5.5k...with at least 2 yrs' experience

which industry? is it generally or exceptionally? on the higher side or....?

the 2 years experience after registration as wsho?

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

theres no market rates..the salary is pegged to the no of years of experience.n ultiamtely it all depends on the coy u work for.i have a couple of friends who are very new in the WSH industry but they are working in Jurong Island n command a basic salary of $3.5K...n they r only safety sups....

3.5k is common for oil and gas in jurong island. but when they come over to main land singapore, they can't find a similar ss job with that pay.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

hi all..

i have a qns.. can i ask how much a WSHO (RSO) with 2 years experience be earning?

and how much a safety coordinator with about 1 year experience be earning?

let's say its in a construction industry.

a registered wsho may have been registered for 2 years but he may come with many years of experience as safety supervisors or site engineer or management staff etc...

such person may command higher salary.

if you have been a site engineer or supervisor, gone for wsho training, passed it and registered as wsho, your safety experience should be more than 2 years. and base on your current salary, you can definitely ask for more.

e.g. 1: if your current pay as a site engineer is 4k, after registered with mom as wsho, you can ask for 5k or more. however, you need to go by the market demand.

e.g. 2: if your current pay as a site supervisor is 2.5k, after registered with mom as wsho, you can ask for 3.5k or more. work for half a year, jump to another company and ask for 4.5k. work for another half a year, jump to another company and ask for 5.5k. that's possible.

for construction, wsho with 2 years experience, you can ask for 3.5k to 5.5k depending on your other skill sets and experience, background and educational level. not forgetting to factor in market demand and supply.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

I believe it's depends on individual's expectation, working capacity and weigh against the liabilities you are subjected to. Unless you and all your workers are super 'ON' and extremely responsible and very sure you have done every single 'reasonably practicable' steps to prevent any incident/ accident, then maybe can consider lower pay.

If not, pay must be high lah, can ganna max. fined $200,000 and/or 6 months jail 1 loh... dun play play...

safety career is not for the faint hearted or weak mind.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

bottomline is..if u served in CD during active days,higher chances of being recruited.they'll send u for FSM course,open water diving course n if u have Class 3,4,u'll get more allowances n u can drive the fire truck

Not neccessary ah bro, when i just finish my NS wif SCDF, i went for the interview wif CAAS.... Tio reject ah!! :faint:

But lucky for me lah, if i nv kana reject, i wouldn't be in tis line already! :thumb:

Hi All,

Anyone knows for confined space's RA , using gas meter and ventilation are considered as administrative measures right? then what are engineering measures for Confined spaces ? thks !

Hi there, i dunno if i'm correct or not, maybe the experts here can advise better.

But to me, using gas meter and ventilation are engineering measures.

Administrative measures would be the daily checklist of the confined space, and the recording of gas checks. N the watchman recording down the time of pple who enter or exit. These should be the administrative measure.

Than as the manhole SOC that workers need before being able to perform confined space jobs. I think its also part of administrative measures.

Just my thoughts, pls confirm wif the experts. :thumb:

Hope tis helps. :)

bro, send a robot to work there.

Muahahahahaha.... :cheeky:

-= I live my life a quarter mile at a time. =-

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Prankster_Siggy.jpg

Hehe, true true.. But with diligence and some luck, should be ok.

don't practice safety with luck. and don't practice luck with you career too. cos our career is the most hazardous occupation on earth.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

Not neccessary ah bro, when i just finish my NS wif SCDF, i went for the interview wif CAAS.... Tio reject ah!! :faint:

But lucky for me lah, if i nv kana reject, i wouldn't be in tis line already! :thumb:

Hi there, i dunno if i'm correct or not, maybe the experts here can advise better.

Administrative measures would be the daily checklist of the confined space, and the recording of gas checks. N the watchman recording down the time of pple who enter or exit. These should be the administrative measure.

Than as the manhole SOC that workers need before being able to perform confined space jobs. I think its also part of administrative measures.

To me.. Ventilation is considered as an engineering control. Gas meter whereas is an administrative control. Engineering control is defined as a physical means to limit the hazard or whatsoever. It is the knowledge of using applied science. Using gas meter does not limit the hazard. it just tell u that if the h2s or CO or O2 or LEL is above the PEL, it ask u to get out. Just like using SWP to train the workers as such so i dont think it falls under the category of engineering. Example are like physical guards, safety mats, barriers etc. etc. basically, those things that are normally in contact with the operational devices to act as a limitation to the hazard is defined as engineering control. It's safe design workplace. Not target safe workers. i agree with the administrative control measures as mentioned above..that will be under safe worker.

Or maybe using gas meter is considered as a safe work practices( Think it's different from Safe work procedure ) ? I think detail hierarchy of control is as " Elimination, Substitution, Engineering, Safe Work Practices, Administrative, PPE "

Well, at least this is how i see it. Hope it helps too.

Edited by SanMarino

[quote name=which industry? is it generally or exceptionally? on the higher side or....?

the 2 years experience after registration as wsho?[/quote]

yeah 2 yrs experience as a WSHO...

3.5k is common for oil and gas in jurong island. but when they come over to main land singapore, they can't find a similar ss job with that pay.

true...but when the 2 IRs were still in high gear,even the crane operators were earning $100k n more..safety sup n safety coordinators also enjoyed such "privilege"

safety career is not for the faint hearted or weak mind.

amazingly some of them r still here...the above average pay keeps them going

don't practice safety with luck. and don't practice luck with you career too. cos our career is the most hazardous occupation on earth.

i beg to differ...our career probably ranks a lowly 30 or 40...among the world's most dangerous job...underwater photographers face a lot more risks than us

yeah 2 yrs experience as a WSHO...

true...but when the 2 IRs were still in high gear,even the crane operators were earning $100k n more..safety sup n safety coordinators also enjoyed such "privilege"

these are exceptional. where are they now and how much are they making?

amazingly some of them r still here...the above average pay keeps them going

keep your fingers crossed.

i beg to differ...our career probably ranks a lowly 30 or 40...among the world's most dangerous job...underwater photographers face a lot more risks than us

sorry my mistake. what i mean is that safety ppl loose their job faster than any others.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

Pssst....If got vacancy inform me (PM BETTER!!) leh...Sick and tired of fireman job. heheheh..

Yamaha SparkZ 110 (2004 to 2008)

Yamaha X1-R 135 (June 2008 to Feb 2009)

Gilera ST Runner 200 (Feb 2009 to I dun knw...:confused:)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=123504&d=1252221095

Cinta takkan datang, kalau tak dicari ... Cinta takkan dapat, kalau tak memberi ...

best of luck!! where u working nw?

Working 1yr+ as a Safety Coordinator in a Jap firm now :) very low pay but my priority is getting experience than getting into trouble :)

Now is like 1 leg kick, everything PM also ask me do.... from doing house keeping to helping them type letter... lol.... safety is everything he say depending on his mood.... :cry:

Maybe i do thing too fast liao, boss see i always free.... but the thing is he want anything i also can produce almost immediately.... :angel:

Working 1yr+ as a Safety Coordinator in a Jap firm now :) very low pay but my priority is getting experience than getting into trouble :)

Now is like 1 leg kick, everything PM also ask me do.... from doing house keeping to helping them type letter... lol.... safety is everything he say depending on his mood.... :cry:

Maybe i do thing too fast liao, boss see i always free.... but the thing is he want anything i also can produce almost immediately.... :angel:

wah! safety is everything??y not tell him everything means $$ n if u cant pay me sumthing,u r nothing!

I hate management treat safety as everything!!!

agree!! nw 2 of my S/C have just been designated as Housekeeping members cos the project's rushing for BCA inspection in 2 wk's time and TOP in end June.. :dot: