SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Safety officer

ET

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys is ""BCSS Tunnelling" Good for use?? feel like taking...

where are u taking it bro?

cheers

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Hi guys,

I have the idea of setting up a forum on WSH.

I need some advise from existing working safety professionals like you.

If there is such a forum,

1) What will you expect from such a forum?

2) What do you think would be helpful? (excluding finding you a greener pasture :p)

3) What will you want to share in such a forum?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I have the idea of setting up a forum on WSH.

I need some advise from existing working safety professionals like you.

If there is such a forum,

1) What will you expect from such a forum?

2) What do you think would be helpful? (excluding finding you a greener pasture :p)

3) What will you want to share in such a forum?

Thanks!

I did setup a forum some time back.. like over a year odd ago..

When I shifted web server, I forgotten to backup the MySQL database so everything was poof-ed. The members were a handful of my ex-classmates from Advance Cert back then. Used to have newspaper cuttings on WSH news, area for people to share safety documents (checklist, PTWs, etc) and discuss on case studies. Now it's just a empty shell of the free forum software (Simple Machine).

Then I became too busy juggling with my work, night classes and personal life, it's sort of shelfed till further notice.

If you want to take a look at the empty shell, click here

SafeSG.com - Bringing WSH Professionals Together

I did setup a forum some time back.. like over a year odd ago..

When I shifted web server, I forgotten to backup the MySQL database so everything was poof-ed. The members were a handful of my ex-classmates from Advance Cert back then. Used to have newspaper cuttings on WSH news, area for people to share safety documents (checklist, PTWs, etc) and discuss on case studies. Now it's just a empty shell of the free forum software (Simple Machine).

Then I became too busy juggling with my work, night classes and personal life, it's sort of shelfed till further notice.

If you want to take a look at the empty shell, click here

Newspaper cutting is an extremely good idea! I will adopt that if you do not mind :). How about picture sharings?

In fact, if you don't mind, we love to have you in our team. Currently only myself and another friend of mine. I mean if we have more experienced people running the forum, we will share the time required. I had paid for a 600Gb disk space host. I believe we can do something there since we have a common believe in WSH.

Newspaper cutting is an extremely good idea! I will adopt that if you do not mind :). How about picture sharings?

In fact, if you don't mind, we love to have you in our team. Currently only myself and another friend of mine. I mean if we have more experienced people running the forum, we will share the time required. I had paid for a 600Gb disk space host. I believe we can do something there since we have a common believe in WSH.

Please do. For me in WSH, there's no secrets to hide, no merits to kill for. It's all about sharing and endless learning.

One thing to take note on photos sharing, certain occupiers/principals doesn't want to let "too many people" know about bad things happening in their factories. You might want to have a disclaimer or something to protect yourself, just in case. As for good practices, useful innovations or alternative safe work methods, I'm sure most people are proud to share the photos.

For the server, you have to get prepared that you might require huge amount of bandwidth (in TBs) rather than disk space, as the forum grows. 600GB should be sufficient for a long while. I will contact you once I've free time to commit but feel free to discuss here or PM me if you requires any ideas. I will drop in time to time, whenever possible.

Please do. For me in WSH, there's no secrets to hide, no merits to kill for. It's all about sharing and endless learning.

One thing to take note on photos sharing, certain occupiers/principals doesn't want to let "too many people" know about bad things happening in their factories. You might want to have a disclaimer or something to protect yourself, just in case. As for good practices, useful innovations or alternative safe work methods, I'm sure most people are proud to share the photos.

For the server, you have to get prepared that you might require huge amount of bandwidth (in TBs) rather than disk space, as the forum grows. 600GB should be sufficient for a long while. I will contact you once I've free time to commit but feel free to discuss here or PM me if you requires any ideas. I will drop in time to time, whenever possible.

Thank you!

I do agree with you on the photo part, but lets try anyway.

One more thing we can share is the warning signs. I find it amusing that many safety personnel are using solely cartoon warning signs. While I agree its "what work that matters", there should be at least a international symbol. And maybe warning messages in different languages too.

I am not sure how big the forum will grow, but the objective is the same,

to gather, to share, to standardize. I believe the WSH community need to stay together to form a free but powerful voice in the industry. There are official communities out there, but we do understand most attendees are not actively involved.

Currently, this is the plan I got,

Web space 600 GB

Monthly Bandwidth Unlimited

Parked Domains 15

Add-on Domains 4

Number of seperate sites that can be hosted Host 5 Websites

Sub Domains 150

FTP Accounts Unlimited

MySQL Databases 30

Email Accounts (full POP3, IMAP & SMTP) 150

Mailing Lists 100

Hopefully enough for the next one year :)

Thank you!

One more thing we can share is the warning signs. I find it amusing that many safety personnel are using solely cartoon warning signs. While I agree its "what work that matters", there should be at least a international symbol. And maybe warning messages in different languages too.

to gather, to share, to standardize. I believe the WSH community need to stay together to form a free but powerful voice in the industry. There are official communities out there, but we do understand most attendees are not actively involved.

Web space 600 GB

Parked Domains 15

Add-on Domains 4

Sub Domains 150

FTP Accounts Unlimited

MySQL Databases 30

Mailing Lists 100

great intention. :thumb:

instead of "to standardise", you would probably like to consider "setting standard". they sound close but never the same.

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

Since we've touch on warning signages, I've a interesting website to share.

This is mainly used for my cheapskate method of printing and laminating A4/A3 size signages.

If you need other languages, you can leave the wording part empty and get your workers to handwrite. I've not tried if it can accept other language characters or not. If not PDF editor to add-on the wordings later..

You can customise the words, printable up to A2.. most importantly it's free! Credits to the site owner/s. Hope it's as useful to you guys as it is to me.

Click Here

great intention. :thumb:

instead of "to standardise", you would probably like to consider "setting standard". they sound close but never the same.

Thanks for your line of encouragement! Those are just my personal feelings, not yet close to a tagline :cheeky:. We are considering making a logo and coming out with a tagline soon though:D

Since we've touch on warning signages, I've a interesting website to share.

This is mainly used for my cheapskate method of printing and laminating A4/A3 size signages.

If you need other languages, you can leave the wording part empty and get your workers to handwrite. I've not tried if it can accept other language characters or not. If not PDF editor to add-on the wordings later..

You can customise the words, printable up to A2.. most importantly it's free! Credits to the site owner/s. Hope it's as useful to you guys as it is to me.

Click Here

That's an awesome site! Thank a million!

The WSHforum I am setting up is still in the mid of construction and designing. As both my friend and myself are new in setting up a forum, it will probably take sometime and we foresee a few server wipes... lol. We are also considering the infrastructure of the forum... Hence, I will invite you guys over once it is ready.

Meanwhile, if you have any great suggestion, please email [email protected].

Many thanks again!

any one werking in Cofely b4? i might got offer...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/nebulaz/KTM-Pink-1.jpg

HUA Hua hua....WADEVER..AR you STOOPID OR WAD? HUA hua hua version 2.....

Guest aircraft
Thank you!

Web space 600 GB

Parked Domains 15

Add-on Domains 4

Sub Domains 150

FTP Accounts Unlimited

MySQL Databases 30

Mailing Lists 100

Hi There,

Great idea, will part take when your webby is up.

just a qns to ask. among the main 3 industries mainly oil/gas, marine/shipping and building/construction, which one is the best in terms of gaining experience? pay is secondary here as gaining the most knowledge is the most impt when just starting out. thanks in advance guys.

- Live & Let Die -