SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] KTM Dukes

ktmduker

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate,i am so tempted to get a DUKE 200,but is there chinese riders? I heard many melayu are having it.Please advise......o_O

Go to their Facebook page or search for "sgdukers" in Facebook, you'll be able to see that there're many Chinese owners of the Dukes.

Also, the phrase and the emoticon you've used seemed to imply that just because many Malay personnel are using this bike is putting you off?

Be it whatsoever race group, we're all bikers and thus, should be looking out for each other and be united/closely knitted.

BTW, do befriend the Malays, they're very friendly and a closely knitted group. You can learn a lot from them too.

Just for the record, I'm a Chinese like you (I assume you're one too).

Cheers!

wow... brother peterlim.....

i think u should rephrase your postings....

imho, it seems racists....

i am a chinese and i ride a duke 125

mr. peterlim, i agree with clarkewan.....

seems a bit "racist"

i am Chinese, i have a ktm too, i hang around with my Malay friends, kopi/teh sessions, even short trips too.

peace out.

ride safely, ride defensively

ex-rides: RXK135, GS125 Katana, RD LC125, Daytona400, RGV400, EN400 LTD, XV550, Sabre750, GS750E, XJ750 (PI), XS1100, RD LC350, GPz900, z1100 (Shaft), X4, FJR1200 (PI), FXDX1450 Dyna Glide, Fazer1000, V-Max, z1000, B-King, BMW Cruiser, Vespa PX15; KTM SuperDuke990R; Rocket III; Current: Kawa kz750 n Diavel Black n Super Duke 1290R.

Go to their Facebook page or search for "sgdukers" in Facebook, you'll be able to see that there're many Chinese owners of the Dukes.

Also, the phrase and the emoticon you've used seemed to imply that just because many Malay personnel are using this bike is putting you off?

Be it whatsoever race group, we're all bikers and thus, should be looking out for each other and be united/closely knitted.

BTW, do befriend the Malays, they're very friendly and a closely knitted group. You can learn a lot from them too.

Just for the record, I'm a Chinese like you (I assume you're one too).

Cheers!

dear Senna4Ever, please help, i think i is not FB-savvy, i search for "sgdukers", no hits.....

i tried "sgduker" and other keywords i think, no correct hgits...

but i have added "KTM 125"; is tat the one?

please help, thanks in advance. : )

ex-rides: RXK135, GS125 Katana, RD LC125, Daytona400, RGV400, EN400 LTD, XV550, Sabre750, GS750E, XJ750 (PI), XS1100, RD LC350, GPz900, z1100 (Shaft), X4, FJR1200 (PI), FXDX1450 Dyna Glide, Fazer1000, V-Max, z1000, B-King, BMW Cruiser, Vespa PX15; KTM SuperDuke990R; Rocket III; Current: Kawa kz750 n Diavel Black n Super Duke 1290R.

Curious to know, is the HID system for bikes using same system for cars?

As in ballast, wiring and HID bulb (D2R, D2S and/or D2C)? Need change anything else (e.g. rectifier, relays, etc)?

Duke 690 . . . nice machine!

i should me letting go my duke 125 soon.....

comes with HID installed, leo vince lta approved titanium exhaust, nov 2011 registered....

:D :D :D

changing to either the duke 690 or 990r....

Do you intend to take your Class 2A and/or Class 2 license(s)?

If yes, why not continue to ride the PCX125 and then change to a Class 2A or Class 2 bike once you've gotten your higher class(es) license(s)?

In such a way, you need not have to "waste" much finance in changing bikes.

Cheers!

should I get someone to COI my PCX 125 and change to a duke 200?

I'm still a class 2B

Edited by Senna4Ever
Spelling mistake

Do you intend to take your Class 2A and/or Class 2 license(s)?

If yes, why not continue to ride the PCX125 and then change to a Class 2A or Class 2 bike once you've gotten your higher class(es) license(s)?

In such a way, you need not have to "waste" much finance in changing bikes.

Cheers!

I just intend to get my class 2A, skip 2A bikes, get class 2 then get a vintage triumph or royal enfield....

so KTM duke 200 buy?

Signature editted as unauthorised commercial advertising. Please contact Senior Moderator/Admin for more advertising details

Buy the KTM Duke 200 or not, only you can answer this question.

It greatly depends on your financial status and also on whether will you be swayed to get a Class 2A bike once you've gotten the Class 2A license. It is easy to say for now that you wanna skip the Class 2A bikes but once you've gotten the license, maybe test some bikes here, test some bikes there, the horns on your head will start to grow, etc.

So, think carefully before you plunge into the ownership of the Duke 200.

Nothing against the bike itself (it is a great bike . . . I've personally went to test-ride it at DW) but it is not a cheap 2B bike, mind.

Fully-paid or gonna have installment? How much can you sell it, if you indeed got bitten by the Class 2A bug?

Inflation gonna hit us real bad soon and with the world's problems with finance still unresolved . . .

Think and calculate properly before taking the plunge.

However, if your mind already made up to go with the Duke, then end of story.

Good luck!

I just intend to get my class 2A, skip 2A bikes, get class 2 then get a vintage triumph or royal enfield....

so KTM duke 200 buy?

Buy the KTM Duke 200 or not, only you can answer this question.

It greatly depends on your financial status and also on whether will you be swayed to get a Class 2A bike once you've gotten the Class 2A license. It is easy to say for now that you wanna skip the Class 2A bikes but once you've gotten the license, maybe test some bikes here, test some bikes there, the horns on your head will start to grow, etc.

So, think carefully before you plunge into the ownership of the Duke 200.

Nothing against the bike itself (it is a great bike . . . I've personally went to test-ride it at DW) but it is not a cheap 2B bike, mind.

Fully-paid or gonna have installment? How much can you sell it, if you indeed got bitten by the Class 2A bug?

Inflation gonna hit us real bad soon and with the world's problems with finance still unresolved . . .

Think and calculate properly before taking the plunge.

However, if your mind already made up to go with the Duke, then end of story.

Good luck!

Cheers mate... I guess I'll go for it when bonus comes next month...

yup.... unless u know u going to just ride a class 2b bike and u want style....

yup 2B for everyday transport... good riding posture... etc... but the storage is a little sad... or non-existent... any ideas on how you duke fellas deal with storage... like raincoats, documents... etc?

Signature editted as unauthorised commercial advertising. Please contact Senior Moderator/Admin for more advertising details

As in ballast, wiring and HID bulb (D2R, D2S and/or D2C)? Need change anything else (e.g. rectifier, relays, etc)?

OOPS.... yes... sorry... forget to add quotes.....

OOPS.... yes... sorry... forget to add quotes.....

hello Senna4Ever,

got it; am in; Thanks!!!! : )

• 2 weeks later...
Cheers mate... I guess I'll go for it when bonus comes next month...

yup 2B for everyday transport... good riding posture... etc... but the storage is a little sad... or non-existent... any ideas on how you duke fellas deal with storage... like raincoats, documents... etc?

i bought rs taichi raincoat, just nice can fir into backpack or sling bag and go

i bought rs taichi raincoat, just nice can fir into backpack or sling bag and go

so I'm assuming u guys usually carry a backpack or a messenger bag?

helmet lei?