SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF MaxSym Cafe

parotae

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Say assuming that the bike OTR (exclusive of insurance) is $13,000

Interest is going at 5%

maximum Loan is 5 years

Your total loan would be = $16,591.17

Interest paying would be $3,591.17

Monthly installment would be $276.53

If you were to include your insurance, say its $1000

Total loan would be = $17,867.94

Interest paying would be $3867.94

Monthly installment would be $297.69

your monthly installment would be higher the shorter the loan tenor. and of course higher if you include your insurance.

Also, u may want to check should you do an early redeemtion, is there any discount off the total amount.

Hope this helps.

Awesome thank you for taking time to help a noob out hehe...k noted, thanks once again for the detailed breakdown :)

My Bike: Honda NSR150SP

My Youtube Motovlog:

http://www.youtube.com/user/skafaisal

Awesome thank you for taking time to help a noob out hehe...k noted, thanks once again for the detailed breakdown :)

Dats wat forum is for ryt? So hw? Joining me on the maxsym? Haha!

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

Can share where did you install the Shad48 and cost of installation?

Thanks.

Got mine from Ban Hon at AMK. total abt $250 for box/rack/installation.

If u are installing on Maxsym400, when calling to ask, tell the boss the rack for sym 400. If u say maxsym, he will tot its T-max and say he dun hv rack :dot:

tats my experience

Haha. Thanks.

Got mine from Ban Hon at AMK. total abt $250 for box/rack/installation.

If u are installing on Maxsym400, when calling to ask, tell the boss the rack for sym 400. If u say maxsym, he will tot its T-max and say he dun hv rack :dot:

tats my experience

Got mine abt 3weeks ago, 700km now. change EO at 400km to motoul, really smooth ride now.

Handling wise... still got to try harder to get use to it(previous bike R6). especially squeezing thru during heavy traffic...

Pros =

HUGE storage space, got a shad48 box too

Comfy ride for both me and pillion

Cons =

Body length Too long!! longer then most parking lots space..

Thats all i can tink of.

Black Maxsym - Tampines !! (blk 4XX)

Cheers and Happy CNY fellow bros, cny period traffic is horrible, ride safely ! :cheeky:

welcome! haha we live nearby! :D red maxsym at st 32 :D but im usually in school at ntu!

Got bike must ride!

SYM Maxsym 400i - 09/11/12 to current

Phantom TA200 - 07/08/09 to 09/11/12

i ride this beauty now.very very satisfied,i trade my sym gts with this beauty.the first bike i know that can charge handphone.lol.

Nice to hear that! :) on a side note, the gts doesn't have socket to charge?

Got bike must ride!

SYM Maxsym 400i - 09/11/12 to current

Phantom TA200 - 07/08/09 to 09/11/12

My 5k oil change is due soon. Any good oil to recommend? How much and where to buy? Currently using mobile one 10w40.

Will be DIY changing my oil filter too.

hv been using redline 10w40. so far so good. pretty smooth and not so ex @ $20/L. i wanna try cheaper oils next. since our bike can use normal car oil. use cheaper oil and shorter change interval will be better i feel (get rid of the dirt).

Like this the range is 402km. Can reach Genting on 1 tank!

haha yah its pretty good rite. but 400km wen touring too optimistic alr. haha! probably around 300 lar. i managed to get ard 23km/l wen riding hard (travelling ard 130-150). and not good to run the tanks dry often. fuel pump will overheat + reserve abit of fuel in case u get lost. i managed to get 27km/l wen i maintained ard 110-120 though.

hv been using redline 10w40. so far so good. pretty smooth and not so ex @ $20/L. i wanna try cheaper oils next. since our bike can use normal car oil. use cheaper oil and shorter change interval will be better i feel (get rid of the dirt).

haha yah its pretty good rite. but 400km wen touring too optimistic alr. haha! probably around 300 lar. i managed to get ard 23km/l wen riding hard (travelling ard 130-150). and not good to run the tanks dry often. fuel pump will overheat + reserve abit of fuel in case u get lost. i managed to get 27km/l wen i maintained ard 110-120 though.

27 at 120, that's great!

Just found out my bike been vandalised. Small part of Front lamp cover slightly melted. Suspect burnt by lighter. I cover up my bike everywhere I go. Didn't know when it happen though as I hardly wash my bike often enough to catch it.

Now where is the parts list I downloaded.........

Just found out my bike been vandalised. Small part of Front lamp cover slightly melted. Suspect burnt by lighter. I cover up my bike everywhere I go. Didn't know when it happen though as I hardly wash my bike often enough to catch it.

Ouch...headlights are one of the more expensive parts. Few hundred iirc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SYM Aficianado Singapore

https://www.facebook.com/groups/symas

Wahlauer! Got people jealous of your beautiful Maxsym.

Ouch...headlights are one of the more expensive parts. Few hundred iirc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yup, $781RM.........

Then again I do not really know if it was really vandalised. My bike's exposure to the outside world is limited. So far 3100km after 1 year. To and fro work, occasional parking in shopping centres, park inside my house compound and all these while bike is covered when parked.

Upon closer examination the 'melt' seems to tell me its not from lighter burn, cos lighter burn will create a yellowish hue. This one looks crystalised......will snap pic and post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]270361[/ATTACH]

Close up.

Trouble shoot diagnosis......Could it be heat from the lamp???? hmm.......

Well I'll just ride till the housing crack and disintegrate. Till then....

But weird la since its like only a few spots. If heat, shud affect the entire housing. If ur light throw not affected much, just cont using it la. can u tell if its in the glass itself or inside?

Trouble shoot diagnosis......Could it be heat from the lamp???? hmm.......

Well I'll just ride till the housing crack and disintegrate. Till then....

Could be the from the hottest part of the lamp, as it seems to follow its curvature. Vandal won't be so boliao to burn patterns on your lamp...