SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Have you ever stuck at traffic lights?

jss

Have you ever got stuck at a traffic light? it won't turn green for you to move on?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever got stuck at a traffic light? it won't turn green for you to move on?

• Yes, I'm riding a Class 2B bike
    • No, I'm riding a Class 2B bike
    • Yes, I'm riding a Class 2A bike
    • No, I'm riding a Class 2A bike
    • Yes, I'm riding a Class 2 bike
    • No, I'm riding a Class 2 bike

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far I never experience such situation before, maybe I always stop inside the sensor "Box" :sweat: :sweat:

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

Yes... The Junction in front of Boon Siew Motor/KK Hospital and Sengkang area... (At Nite)

Then have to side stand the bike and go press the predestrian button in order to turn green...

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a49/king_ziege/Biker%20gers/board_headerEdited.jpg

if at nite, i bo chup, if find tat traffic light sumting wrong, jus proceed...

but make sure no vehicles la. most impt is no 'police' vehicles

:cheeky:

Class 2bHonda TA150, Yamaha RXZ135, SYM Magic110, Kawasaki KSR110, SYM GTS200, Paijifa F150, Yamaha Cygnus Z125

Class 2aHonda CB400 Project Big 1, Version S, Honda Shadow 400

Class 2Yamaha Vmax1200, Honda CBR1100XX, Honda Deauville650, Honda CB1300, Yamaha FZ6S, Honda Varadero1000, Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R

last time when nicoll highway still in operation...the way leadin to ecp..

I was alone at that time..purposely stop in the box. then another 2b bike come along..also never change..waited for very long..another bike come along..still dun change..sigh

--==anything more than a handful is waste==--

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/89/36/3386398/2918831032400l.jpg

NTU exit to Jalan Bahar and IMH exit to Buangkok Green.

I hate it if I have to do night shift and need to go out and get supper.

I can park my bike and stand on the damn sensor and it won;t change until a car appears on my side (rare at 1am in the morning) or appears at the other side of the road.

junction of compassvale turning right into the bridge to TPE,

dunno how they design one, always cater to car this n tat, never tot of bike, sesh!!!

sometimes must go n press pedestrain traffic light button then will turn green for us (learnt it from SSDC instructors during rd lesson haha)

Ride Safely, NoT BlInDlY

Originally posted by ProjectWhite@Jun 14 2004, 10:35 AM

if at nite, i bo chup, if find tat traffic light sumting wrong, jus proceed...

but make sure no vehicles la. most impt is no 'police' vehicles

:cheeky:

now 12 points and $200 lei, for "beating red light":giddy:

http://img56.exs.cx/img56/7572/pic-of-day-01-09.jpg

Originally posted by WildCard@Jun 17 2004, 07:27 AM

I can park my bike and stand on the damn sensor and it won;t change until a car appears on my side (rare at 1am in the morning) or appears at the other side of the road.

:giddy: :giddy: :giddy:

omg

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强

junction to turn to loyang temple, off the loyang industrial road der.. 10mins waiting still red.. fed up, beat the red light as well... :sian:

Philosophy A: Ignore what everyone else thinks. Riding is a better way to get around. Ride paranoid and keep your skills sharp

Philosophy B: Ride with somebody who's better than you. You will pick up a handy trick or new skill just about every time you are out

Philosophy C: You don't need a big bike to prove ur passion for riding

Originally posted by jss@Jun 14 2004, 04:47 AM

Motorcyclists often get stuck at red lights that never end, because the sensors that cause the light to change to green aren't sensitive enough to know that small vehicles are present.

the ex Nicoll highway turning into Raffles Boulevard (ECP). me going home from gf's house every nite sure passby tat junction, tat was b4 nicoll highway collapse. So, i cheong red lights every nite. :goodluck:

Originally posted by jss@Jun 18 2004, 01:51 PM

wow tats so many... lol

anyway im importing a device in to singapore just to trigger the traffic for bikes. feedbacks!!

If it's not too ex and is light enough, plus most importantly doesn't drain the batt, I'm in for it!

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

some traffic light r so fark up sia......wont turn at all....stupid sia....even gt cars oso beri long.....the timer they put is sucks sia.......n the senors doesnt wrk at all....

Does life starts after 299km/h??Wu di shi ji mo de...

Wat doesnt kill mi made mi fiercer.....

Originally posted by WildCard@Jun 17 2004, 07:27 AM

NTU exit to jalan bahar has been re-programmed to timed change of lights. No matter whether there is car/bike coming out or not, it will definitely change at timed intervals... maybe ard 3-5 mins...

Never had a problem with that junction even in the wee hours of the morning.. I even tried parking way before the sensor box just to see if it changes, lo and behold, it did after a few mins...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/MPeX/DSCF0048.jpg

wow tats so many... lol

anyway im importing a device in to singapore just to trigger the traffic for bikes. feedbacks!!

Lead weights?

:cheeky: :cheeky:

just joking....

Believe nothing you hear; and only half of what you see.

Do or do not; there is no 'try'.

http://www.themuser.com/forum/index.php

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/lacrimosae/Aprilia/siggiecollage.jpg

wow tats so many... lol

hrm

wat device is dat?

some device to short circuit traffic light circuits?

:giddy:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

Traffic signal sensors are essentially metal detectors buried in the road surface. These "inductive loop" sensors are easy to spot because they have a circular, square, or diamond-shaped saw cut in the pavement just before the intersection. There is a weak radio frequency field over the coil, and a large inductive mass disturbs that field. Loop detectors are meant to pick up the presence of large masses of metal - like cars and trucks - sitting still over the detector loop.

Most modern bikes don't have enough inductive material in their frames to trip the sensor, and what they have tends to be oriented vertically above the loop (making it harder to sense) so we get stuck.

The device emits a wide and powerful magnetic field that when passed over a detector loop, disturbs the loop's field, simulating the arrival of a much larger vehicle. When the control computer sees that signal, it knows someone's there, and the biker gets a green light, just like everyone else.

Sometime I will let my rear wheel depress on the sensor line, if behide got vechicle, I will ride further front so the car can come in & step it.

If not after waiting for 2- 3 min, I will ride on on RED.

Almost all small lane like turning into Estated or Carpark area always like that.

Guess next time bring along a 1ton weight while riding at night. :cheeky:

Originally posted by jss@Jun 25 2004, 11:32 AM

Traffic signal sensors are essentially metal detectors buried in the road surface. These "inductive loop" sensors are easy to spot because they have a circular, square, or diamond-shaped saw cut in the pavement just before the intersection. There is a weak radio frequency field over the coil, and a large inductive mass disturbs that field. Loop detectors are meant to pick up the presence of large masses of metal - like cars and trucks - sitting still over the detector loop.

Most modern bikes don't have enough inductive material in their frames to trip the sensor, and what they have tends to be oriented vertically above the loop (making it harder to sense) so we get stuck.

The device emits a wide and powerful magnetic field that when passed over a detector loop, disturbs the loop's field, simulating the arrival of a much larger vehicle. When the control computer sees that signal, it knows someone's there, and the biker gets a green light, just like everyone else.

icic

wah

more and more devices on modern day bikes liao

even need device to clear traffic lights

:giddy:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

Originally posted by jss@Jun 25 2004, 11:32 AM

sometimes when i feel helpless, i just stomp hard on the box...

now then i noe this is useless...:cheeky: