SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?

Guest sportster00

Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?  

507 members have voted

1. 1. Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Throttle@Oct 10 2004, 10:47 PM

Hachi is right. anyway, while running your charger will keep the lights going so wont drain your battery.

good to stay as visible as possible without being a nuisance.

some bikes have their headlights angled too high up and the light is blinding motorists in front, that's quite sickening. :nono:

And some of the bikers changed white light. And actually farked up the angle of the light when fixing the bulb.

I dont understand if u positioned ur light below the number plate how can u blind the riders or drivers in front.

ANd most of them dont understand the difference between colour temp and lumen.

And some cars uses HID is very different from the helogen bulb we used on our bike.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

my wave got an on/off switch...its already there when i bought it..daytime i only on when entering expressway or encounter jam...n heavy rain when visibility is poor...there r times on highway n roads TP n ROV pass by beside or at opposite road nothing happen...thank god..once TP stop beside me at traffic light junction he nvr even look at me or my bike..even though i was admiring his diversion..its just luck..must be careful..

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

ride with all ur headlights and tail lights on

(1) its a safety measurement why risk ur life? especially at nite when u are not visible to other road users at dark areas of the road

(2) wanna save batt is all bullshit .....get fined by tp or rov see whether can save money a not

(3) riding in the dark with no lights on is not the 'in' thing

ride safely :thumb:

Originally posted by mamatz@Jul 20 2004, 04:10 PM

actually almost all of older bike models do have tis on/off headlight switch..even my babyblade have tis switch..always switch it off in my hdb area but switch it on when goin into main road(xpressway or busy road)..kena $30 fine once..but after tat kena $300somting(if i not wrong) becoz have 2 change the battery n rectifier(the rectifier burnt like a charcoal!)..the shop says becoz of turning on the light..so wat to do..

if by using ur lights can burn ur rectifier or drain ur batt quickly ....something is wrong with ur circuit....

if thats the reason mechanic give...ask him why in the first place must bike have lights ? :cheeky:

Originally posted by jovan@Oct 6 2004, 11:03 PM

is super four off its signal light is an offence?

nah...u mean the 2 front signal lights in front is off when riding? thats not a crime

a lot of other stock bikes don not have the 2 signal lights on all the way

but if never signal when turning....could get a warnin if spotted or even a fine

Originally posted by Ah Siao@Oct 19 2004, 12:20 AM

if by using ur lights can burn ur rectifier or drain ur batt quickly ....something is wrong with ur circuit....

if thats the reason mechanic give...ask him why in the first place must bike have lights ? :cheeky:

Switch on headlight at day time will burn rectifier, switch on headlight at night wont burn rectifier.

Becoz day time, the "yang qi" too strong, rectifier got overheated.... night time, ying and yang balance.....

:help: :sorry: :goodluck:

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.

And many of us are better eduacated than many of mechs around. And when mechs cant find a good reason or theory behind the faults. They come up stupid reason and many of us choose to believe it?

Can u believe that?

What burn rect by having headlight in the day,

Off headlight when u start save batt lah,

MY petrol spoil ur engine,

More expensive brake pad better lah but they use lousy ones and charge them higher that all.

Give mi concrete proof I will choose to believe it. If not pls dont come and mislead other bikers.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

dun see any reason why not to on the headlight when riding, unless u accidently forgot...

it's not like u will save alot of battery or something wat! :faint:

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Originally posted by MrLau@Oct 19 2004, 08:36 PM

Switch on headlight at day time will burn rectifier, switch on headlight at night wont burn rectifier.

Becoz day time, the "yang qi" too strong, rectifier got overheated.... night time, ying and yang balance.....

:help: :sorry: :goodluck:

lol u nonsense :D

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

I guess if u tell those riders if ride in the night then ur bike dont have tear and wear I guess u wont be seeing them in the day but provided u r mech of them. LOL.......

Gear 4th

actually wat i tink is tat by rite no need to on light during daytime when riding mah... same theory apply for the drivers oso... i dun drive and on my headlights oso... so i do the same when i am riding... wat's the point of on the headlights when taxi drivers or reckless driver on the road still get the same results... but of course, when c TP on headlights immediately for riders, dun wan giv any free $$$ for gahment again...

class 3 -- 8 dec 2003

class 2b -- 23 mar 2004

class 2a -- 20th june 2006

ASRock 939 Dual-SATA2 (Asus A7M266)

Athlon64 4400+ (1.4Ghz athlon)

Corsair 2 x 1Gb DDR400 (UCCC chips)

40Gb maxtor ata133(6L040J2) & 80Gb maxtor sata1

500gb seagate sata2

NVIDIA 8600GT & LG 1950H

TDK cyclone(int) & TDK dvd-rw

Originally posted by zniper@Oct 31 2004, 01:48 AM

actually wat i tink is tat by rite no need to on light during daytime when riding mah... same theory apply for the drivers oso... i dun drive and on my headlights oso... so i do the same when i am riding... wat's the point of on the headlights when taxi drivers or reckless driver on the road still get the same results... but of course, when c TP on headlights immediately for riders, dun wan giv any free $$$ for gahment again...

Simply to say, if you dun turn on ur head light during the day, if you happen to meet with an accident, n the other party states that you did not turn on your head light then you'll haf alot of explaining to do....... not to mention the risk of not being able to claim anything......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

SO have u look into ur rear mirror and see bikes with highlight in the day and bikes without it? SO which one is more visible to u?

But if u think being visible is not important and it doesnt contribute to ur safety then I really nothing to say.

There are many kind of people and each one have different opinions.

Gear 4th

Originally posted by TW200Girl@Oct 31 2004, 01:28 PM

i will always on it while riding cuz i dunt want datok to catch up wit me and chit chat,waste my precious time den surprising my with a piece of paper.

You ride with your headlight "ON" for your own safety NOT because of TP summon :mad:

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

Actually even with your bike's headlight "ON" and if it is not bright enough, other road users might not have notice you.

So just think what you looks like to other road users if you don't "ON" your headlights? You are practically invisible on the road. :mad:

If you only turn "ON" your headlight because of TP, then I can only wish you luck. :smile:

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

Hi zniper.

With due respect, I'm surprised to read that u thk don't need to on headlight while riding, because u r a driver 2.

Other ppl in this forum, who have not driven cars before, may have this concept of not switching on headlights b cos they have no experience on how difficult is it for car drivers to notice bikes from their mirrors. But u?

Don't u thk if bike don't on headlight, u can't notice them well from ur car's rear view or side mirrors? I tot that is one of the complaints drivers make on bikers who don't on hdlights? U can't compare bikes to cars as cars a big and wide, bikes are small and slim and nimble (agile).

Abt those reckless and inconsiderate road users, I thk we cannot solve their problems, what we can do is to ride defensively, hopefuly, they will be dealt w by the TP sooner or later.

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

I am both a driver and rider as well, I am surprise that he put it in this way, but I guess some of us like to learn in a hard way.

Gear 4th

I don't understand all this rationale about not turning on the light while riding. A NTU study has shown that turning on the light WILL definitely REDUCE FATALITIES on the road for motocyclists and their passengers by making them more conspicuous and allowing other vehicle to slow down significantly before IMPACT occurs.

Turning on the headlight WILL NOT put a drain on the battery and rectifier no matter how short the riding distance because the headlight will be powered by the alternator which is running at all time the bike engine is running.

The ONLY COST that a motorcyclist has to bear is the cost of replacing the bulb.

I have just replaced my bulb at a cost of $15. Not bad considering the bulb was used for the past 2 years.

It is stated in the LTA site that putting an ON/OFF headlight switch on a motorcycle is considered an ILLEGAL MODIFICATION because it disables the headlight automatic-on feature. The URL is at :

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...ot_allowed.html

The same ignorance also extend to CAGERS who choose not to turn on their normal light while driving at dusk. They would just turn on their dim light only. It makes overtaking them a hazard.

ENOUGH SAID. RIDE SAFELY.

having lights On all the time definately saves lives ,

but

having those super bright xenon lights installed n on all the time creates more accident by blinding the driver in front .

Contradicting eh ? :sweat:

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Originally posted by Speedpass@Nov 5 2004, 10:28 PM

having lights On all the time definately saves lives ,

but

having those super bright xenon lights installed n on all the time creates more accident by blinding the driver in front .

Contradicting eh ? :sweat:

i guess wat the gov is trying to emphasize is "bright but not too bright" :smile:

But properly angeled light will not blind drivers in front , i guess most are after market products. Cars like BMW, Lexus and Merc that had HID installed nv blind but those cheaper cars come with after market products that were not angeled properly.

Gear 4th

Originally posted by hachi@Nov 6 2004, 03:58 AM

But properly angeled light will not blind drivers in front , i guess most are after market products. Cars like BMW, Lexus and Merc that had HID installed nv blind but those cheaper cars come with after market products that were not angeled properly.

A HID required a "auto-level" machanism, a sensor in the car will tell the HID housing to dip the beam down - as to not blind oncoming traffic.

The sensor can detect up slop, (even in multi storey carpark), heavy load and adjust the beam according.

Only the cars with the "auto-level" feature are allow to have HID.

** Be smart, ride safely, stay legal **

Please read the << Street Smart >> thread.