SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?

Guest sportster00

Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?  

507 members have voted

1. 1. Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?

My headlight always off night or day.... ....

But only when warming up engine. Or when about to turn off engine at the car park. Kee! Kee! :p

(Turning off your headlight before turning on/off the engine helps to keep your battery alive longer.)

On the road head light must always be on. No question asked.

Got a unusual habit picked up from driving school- I always got the habit to check whether on my headlight when moving off/ traffic junction/ stop line. Even if it is the 3rd or 4th time I have checked.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My headlight always off night or day.... ....

But only when warming up engine. Or when about to turn off engine at the car park. Kee! Kee! :p

(Turning off your headlight before turning on/off the engine helps to keep your battery alive longer.)

On the road head light must always be on. No question asked.

Got a unusual habit picked up from driving school- I always got the habit to check whether on my headlight when moving off/ traffic junction/ stop line. Even if it is the 3rd or 4th time I have checked.

haha safe rider..

i fixed a on/off switch for my headlight... i only on it 7pm to 7am/squeeze thru traffic jams/seeing TPs and ROVs.. other that tt i'll keep it off... just trying to be funny.. haha..at the same time, save abit batt... abit only laa..

~ The Most Dangerous Practice - Tailgating. Accidents can be avoided if drivers Know how to Tailgate ~

:thumb:

• 1 month later...
haha safe rider..

i fixed a on/off switch for my headlight... i only on it 7pm to 7am/squeeze thru traffic jams/seeing TPs and ROVs.. other that tt i'll keep it off... just trying to be funny.. haha..at the same time, save abit batt... abit only laa..

your an idiot and the same goes for all riders who ride without headlight on day or night, I have driven cars in Australia and New Zealand for 20yrs where it is not compulsary to turn headlights on during the day and the most differcult thing to see on the road is a motorcycle without there headlight on. I am now riding a Phantom and although it has an on/off switch I leave it on 24/7 apart from the safty issue its the law here,so if you would rather pay your money to the tp go ahead.

• 2 weeks later...

ya i personally feel that with headlights on i feel much safer. Maybe is cos i got into 2 accidents and walked away with bruises only. So after that headlights is a must.

~ Future Ride ~

CBR600rr :thumb:

~ Current Drive ~

Kia Cerato Forte SX 1.6 SJU

~ Previous Rides ~

1. Spark 135 FBA | 2. NSR 150 SP FS | 3. Yamaha x1 FY | 4. Honda s4 verS FP

must SWITCH ON THE HEADLIGHT for all times.

Cause other motorist can see u when u riding like safety and keep clear to avoid any accident..

If off, u will be sorry anytime TP or ROV will caught u for fined.Waste your money or fly your money like donate..

1998- Yamaha RX-Z(FR****K)

2002-2003(Oct)- Honda Super 4 Vtec II(FV***C)

2006 to 2010(June)- Honda ST1100(FQ****M)

2006 - 2010(June)... Honda Super 4 Vtec II(FW****U)

Not only headlight but rear light! Some motorbikes dunno for what stupid reason, front light on but rear light is not working. Sometimes it's impossible to spot them even in the day unless they're wearing bright-coloured outfits.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/382836949_9f10369d74.jpg

This is a no brainer question.

We motorcyclist should switch on our head lights so that we can be more visible to other road users on the road.

We are small in comparison to other cars, buses and lorrys, so in order to compensate for size, we switch on our headlight for other to notice us easier.

I sometimes switch to high beam when I approach traffic junction if I feels that vehicles waiting at the junction are impatient and might try to cut into my path. My head lights is to warn others to give way to me when I have the right of way.

Lastly don't save on your head lights, it can save your life one day and it won't drain away your battery.

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

Not only headlight but rear light! Some motorbikes dunno for what stupid reason, front light on but rear light is not working. Sometimes it's impossible to spot them even in the day unless they're wearing bright-coloured outfits.

they were on the way to mototiam to buy rear lights to replace faulty ones maybe???

This is a no brainer question.

We motorcyclist should switch on our head lights so that we can be more visible to other road users on the road.

We are small in comparison to other cars, buses and lorrys, so in order to compensate for size, we switch on our headlight for other to notice us easier.

I sometimes switch to high beam when I approach traffic junction if I feels that vehicles waiting at the junction are impatient and might try to cut into my path. My head lights it to warn them to give way to me when I have the right of way.

Lastly don't save on your head lights, it can save your life one day and it won't drain away your battery.

yup..i agree.but some ppl think rules are meant to be broken, dudes...:(

1997 - Yamaha RXZ (Jap Model), 1999 - Yamaha TZM150, 2000 - Yamaha RXS115, 2001 - Honda Wave 125S, 2002 - Yamaha 125Z, 2004 - 2011 Yamaha XJR400RR Redbull Theme, 2005 - Spark Z110, 2006 - Kawasaki KRR150, 2009 - Suzuki Bandit 400, 2010 - Suzuki GSXR400R(project cannibalism), 2011 - Suzuki Hayabusa Gen 1 White Motul Theme, 2012 - Suzuki K6 1K & RZ350LC *lead XJR Sgp since 2007 - 2012*

• 2 weeks later...

I ride with my lights on 24/7...even at times when driving a car or prime mover i also switch on headlights accidently during daytime.But what i hate most is drivers that does not switch on headlights during rainy weather or at night. Real IDIOTS!..

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why not start a poll on Do u ride with your helmet on expressway ?? WAHAHAH :cheeky:

Lol basket u!..

ehh btw. i got a singh fren who was riding on the expressway and then his taliban fly off! he was scared shitless that he'd get caught by TP not wearing helmet that time! LOL

it was real funni ****,.. his hair was flying like girl's hair lidat:angel:

• 2 weeks later...
Lol basket u!..

ehh btw. i got a singh fren who was riding on the expressway and then his taliban fly off! he was scared shitless that he'd get caught by TP not wearing helmet that time! LOL

it was real funni ****,.. his hair was flying like girl's hair lidat:angel:

hahahaha... really funny... expressway got alot camera de la... if tp really wanna catch will come down de...

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

• 3 weeks later...

bikes are small on the roads..it's always wiseful to switch on ur lights.....

u notice ppl.....

and u also wanted to be NOTICED!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i always on my light de...and at night i see those who nv on i felt worry for them as its really hard to see them .esp those motorbike wif no rear light.. even when im drivin i will also on e light on day ahaha..only when ppl say "why u on light" den i off de.. as in car.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs605.snc4/58582_425759858089_606683089_4979174_1311643_n.jpg

night time ======> lights is a must (front and back)

day time======> depends on individual (unless stormy)

for me, i never on during the day... think its a habit from driving.. 7pm onwards then on my lights

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67030&d=1214533391

Phantom TA150 ----- Gone

CB400 Spec2---------Gone

Yamaha X-1----------Gone

CB400 Spec1.||| -------- Gone

Honda Silverwing 400 - FOR SALE

mine is on whenever i am riding.. but do you guys switch it off after you parked your bike? some1 ever told me to switch it off if not battery will be weak after you start the engine again..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

IKER;4048942']night time ======> lights is a must (front and back)

day time======> depends on individual (unless stormy)

for me, i never on during the day... think its a habit from driving.. 7pm onwards then on my lights

bro, day time is not up to individual.. its a must to on for bikes whenever its on e road.