SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?

Guest sportster00

Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?  

507 members have voted

1. 1. Do u ride with headlights on during daytime ?

Just leave the light on lah. We already know Singapore drivers are damn **** (speaking as a driver myself ahem). All the more we must do what we can to make ourselves visible. Sometimes I really cannot see some motorbikes even in daylight especially if they blend into the background. For example if the side of the road is lined with tall bushes and I am about to turn out, I really cannot see some of the motorbikes since they blend into the background...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/176/382836949_9f10369d74.jpg

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

brothers, we are bikers.. the most vulnerable road user.. especially on expressways.. turning on our head lights increases other road users visibility to us..(especially when we weave between traffics during jams).. as for me, its always on, day or night.. and i'll flicker hi beam when i intend to overtake..

®ide (V)ery (F)riendly

~its not the destination, its the journey~

Yamaha TZM (2006 - 2007)

Honda RVF (2007 - 2009)

Honda Super 4 Spec 1 (2009 - 2013)

Kawasaki Z1000 Gen 3 (2013 - 20xx)

• 3 weeks later...

Of course! The law states that we have to ride with headlights on 24/7!

The law aside... it's for our safety... it's to make ourselves more visible to other road users! :thumb:

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

I have no choice. I can't off my headlight. It's either high or low beam. No off switch. :cheeky:

Actually, you can just go to a mech and make a custom switch. My Super 4 also comes with lights that are automatically switched on ALL the time!

But... I went to a mech and get the switch done! I think it's good for emergency when your batteries are weak...

Biking is something that everyone can learn and enjoy! :goodluck:

http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp344/s4dreamer/Laos%20n%20Cambodia%20Trip%2011%20to%2028%20May%202009/Poipet-Cambodia1.jpg

I notice that recently there are more and more bikers (and some drivers) riding (or driving) at night with either no light or very dim lights. Please, don't be one of these idiots. It is very dangerous and inconsiderate. I have witnessed many near accidents caused by these people being invisible to other road users. If one of these riders or drivers get in an accident, they really brought it upon themselves.

Even during the day, bikes should have their lights on normal beam. Dim lights are not going make you visible. Plus when you squeeze between cars on the expressway, the last thing you want is to bang into another bike because he didn't make himself visible!

BTW the checkpoints should make sure that Malaysian bikes coming into Singapore have working headlights (and tailights, brake lights, signal lights, with mirrors)! They are becoming a big hazard to the local road users. If you want to work in Singapore, you jolly well abide by the laws here!

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

On headlight helps to make you more visible when on the road. but a lot of SG drivers are blind.

A second of precaution is an hour of safety. It never hurts to ask.

ä¸æ‡‚å°±è¦é—®ï¼Œé—®æ˜¯ä¸ç”¨é’±çš„!

"Life is Neither Fair or Just"

I notice that recently there are more and more bikers (and some drivers) riding (or driving) at night with either no light or very dim lights. Please, don't be one of these idiots. It is very dangerous and inconsiderate. I have witnessed many near accidents caused by these people being invisible to other road users. If one of these riders or drivers get in an accident, they really brought it upon themselves.

Even during the day, bikes should have their lights on normal beam. Dim lights are not going make you visible. Plus when you squeeze between cars on the expressway, the last thing you want is to bang into another bike because he didn't make himself visible!

BTW the checkpoints should make sure that Malaysian bikes coming into Singapore have working headlights (and tailights, brake lights, signal lights, with mirrors)! They are becoming a big hazard to the local road users. If you want to work in Singapore, you jolly well abide by the laws here!

i face many problems with Malaysia rider, they just use their rider method from Malaysia. The most dangerous thing they usually do is cut into your lane SUDDENLY :faint:

A second of precaution is an hour of safety. It never hurts to ask.

ä¸æ‡‚å°±è¦é—®ï¼Œé—®æ˜¯ä¸ç”¨é’±çš„!

"Life is Neither Fair or Just"

• 4 weeks later...
On headlight helps to make you more visible when on the road. but a lot of SG drivers are blind.

even worse if they dont on switch on their headlights at night :sian:

nearly got killed when making a left turn and there was an oncoming BLACK car (didnt switch on headlights) coming under a flyover at night when some of the street lamps were out. :dot:

confrontation at junction:

Driver: "eh u blind is it?"

Me: "I am not blind. u are. u didnt notice the sky so dark is it? (it was around 9pm) why aren't ur headlights on???"

Driver: (noticing mistake) "next time dont so reckless lah pls"

I couldn't be bothered and just ignored him.

BE VISIBLE.....RIDE BRIGHT

a new motto for motorists to ride bright????

hahahahahak............

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/camounation/saLem77.jpg

MY RIDES

RXZ135 botoL powered / WR200 FMF powered - RXZ D CLUB

SUPER4 VTEC2 Micron powered - S4M

R1 '07 LE Akrapovic powered

HAYABUSA '99 Scorpion powered - SgBusaRiderz

SUPER4 PB1 / 125z Rockstar

RXZ135 Japan-modeL 6-speed lemang powered

carousell.com/shasalem.biz :D