SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Boulevard 400

hamsterblur

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So anyone got a after market filter like KNN, care to comment?

I used a modified KNN filter for my previous bike - Shadow Slasher - and don't think it really matters, at least not for cruisers.

Speaking of air filters, anyone replaced their original Boulevard filters before? I just had a look at it and it looks expensive. Its one whole assembly which you have to replace, cannot change just the paper element. Got any idea of the price of the air filter?

• 3 weeks later...

For the benefit of fellow Boulevard riders, I would like to propose sharing information during the course of your maintenance cycle. Like where and how much you replaced your rectifier, your radiator, your tires, etc. Preferably for Boulevard specific items but if unsure, just post away.

To start off, I just replaced both tires a few days back. My originals were IRC, have used it for about 27,750km. It can probably last a few more Ks but I don't feel too confident about it and the bike is more than 3 years old, meaning the rubber is also of replaceable age. I now got a pair of Avons, the sizes are a bit unusual, I had problems getting them for other brands. I got a quotation from Chong Aik for $320 ($170 + $150 but I can't recall if the front or back costs more), cash and carry. You gotta do your own installation. So, that should be your base price, more or less. So for those of your getting your tires changed, don't let the shops rip you off. One particular shop wanted to charge me $415 for everything, meaning $95 for labour, which is ridiculous. Always know your numbers!

That's all for now, please contribute for everyone's benefit.

Ok, let me share also. Just grease my shaft as advice from Loois motor that the grease hardened or lost causing wear and tear to the shaft. Heard replacement will cost 1K so I left my bike there for a week for them to service.

Hello, are you there......

For the benefit of fellow Boulevard riders, I would like to propose sharing information during the course of your maintenance cycle. Like where and how much you replaced your rectifier, your radiator, your tires, etc. Preferably for Boulevard specific items but if unsure, just post away.

To start off, I just replaced both tires a few days back. My originals were IRC, have used it for about 27,750km. It can probably last a few more Ks but I don't feel too confident about it and the bike is more than 3 years old, meaning the rubber is also of replaceable age. I now got a pair of Avons, the sizes are a bit unusual, I had problems getting them for other brands. I got a quotation from Chong Aik for $320 ($170 + $150 but I can't recall if the front or back costs more), cash and carry. You gotta do your own installation. So, that should be your base price, more or less. So for those of your getting your tires changed, don't let the shops rip you off. One particular shop wanted to charge me $415 for everything, meaning $95 for labour, which is ridiculous. Always know your numbers!

That's all for now, please contribute for everyone's benefit.

Recently i just change my breather to a KnN air filter @ $128 from the CMO. Erm Washing with tuning of Carb and changing of the fuel jetting cost mi again @ $120 (not sure is it a gd price but im happy with the result). Currently my main jet is 132 and our carb size is 29mm.

Hope my info do help abit :angel:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77956&d=1224144141

Ok, let me share also. Just grease my shaft as advice from Loois motor that the grease hardened or lost causing wear and tear to the shaft. Heard replacement will cost 1K so I left my bike there for a week for them to service.

bro how much is ur shaft servicing??

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77956&d=1224144141

How did you find out that you need to grease the shaft bearing? Am assuming it's the bearing...And also, how old is your bike and its corresponding mileage? At least something to look out for if am about the same. Thanks.

Recently i just change my breather to a KnN air filter @ $128 from the CMO. Erm Washing with tuning of Carb and changing of the fuel jetting cost mi again @ $120 (not sure is it a gd price but im happy with the result). Currently my main jet is 132 and our carb size is 29mm.

Hope my info do help abit :angel:

Does the new filter work better? One thing good about KNN filter is that it lasts for a damn long time before maintenance. I only did it twice in 7 years for my former bike. Some clown told me the Boulevard is fuel injection, no carburettor. Seems like I got smoke blown up my ass. Thanks for sharing.

Does the new filter work better? One thing good about KNN filter is that it lasts for a damn long time before maintenance. I only did it twice in 7 years for my former bike. Some clown told me the Boulevard is fuel injection, no carburettor. Seems like I got smoke blown up my ass. Thanks for sharing.

It does feel lighter when u accelerate from stop or i would said launching other den that leiii.......... think sound more better ba :angel:.

haiz all these ppl shld read up more about this bike b4 comment cause u can oni find 800cc Injector M50 in the State :cheeky:But i did came across some :gun: Clown advise ppl 2 think twice b4 buying a M50 cause its diffcult to find SPARE in SG zzzzzzzz but hor if those High end bike owner e.g BMW n H.D also got no problem in spare le so wat so hard about M50......... afterall it is still a Jap make.

Just my 2 cents... Normally i will change the shaft oil at every second interval of engine oil change. Shall be less than 10 bax if i not wrong.

Oops my fault dude :cheeky: im trying to ask how much it will cost to full service the dry shaft e.g change grease and how often shld we full service it??

It does feel lighter when u accelerate from stop or i would said launching other den that leiii.......... think sound more better ba :angel:.

haiz all these ppl shld read up more about this bike b4 comment cause u can oni find 800cc Injector M50 in the State :cheeky:But i did came across some :gun: Clown advise ppl 2 think twice b4 buying a M50 cause its diffcult to find SPARE in SG zzzzzzzz but hor if those High end bike owner e.g BMW n H.D also got no problem in spare le so wat so hard about M50......... afterall it is still a Jap make.

Didn't think the improvement would be noticeable based on previous experience but it seems to be making a world of difference to you. I understand you got your KNN through CMO, something Mass Order? Don't know what the 'C' stands for. Where can I find one?

It is the not the shaft oil as I original thought but as explain by Mr Lee that he came across afew cases so he advice me to grease it just incase. This is to have a peace of mind instead of waiting for it to breakdown and it will cost a bomb. My ride is coming to three years this July. For the cost, I think you better check with Mr Lee of Loois.

Hello, are you there......

Didn't think the improvement would be noticeable based on previous experience but it seems to be making a world of difference to you. I understand you got your KNN through CMO, something Mass Order? Don't know what the 'C' stands for. Where can I find one?

Tempest, our KnN model is SU-8005 which ii found it out here

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=SU-8005

Another way is to PM Phantom150 or sms him direct which i find it more faster below is the link to his MO

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274605&page=4

If Phantom150 run out of stock den i would suggest you try motor ebay where i order some of my accessories.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3841.m39.l1313&_nkw=suzuki+boulevard+M50+air+filter&_sacat=

Hope it can help you :cheeky:

It is the not the shaft oil as I original thought but as explain by Mr Lee that he came across afew cases so he advice me to grease it just incase. This is to have a peace of mind instead of waiting for it to breakdown and it will cost a bomb. My ride is coming to three years this July. For the cost, I think you better check with Mr Lee of Loois.

Hi Boon, tks alot for the infor. Think its about time to visist Mr Lee le lolz

Hi all,

I have my shaft bearings greased too, when I changed out the old IRCs tyres recently. The tyre shop owner was very kind to point it to me, and greased it for free.

After 2-3 years, the bearings certainly need greasing !

I am thinking of getting the KNN filter too, since it has a longer lifespan and washable. Anyone keen to purchase together?

Lately, I am encountering some issues in starting. Quite often, I hear a "tick" sound, but no cranking sound when starting the engine. I have to turn-off ignition, and after a few tries, the cranking will start again. Is it the battery or some problem with the start button?

Cheers.

Tempest, our KnN model is SU-8005 which ii found it out here

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=SU-8005

Another way is to PM Phantom150 or sms him direct which i find it more faster below is the link to his MO

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274605&page=4

If Phantom150 run out of stock den i would suggest you try motor ebay where i order some of my accessories.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/__?_from=R40&_trksid=p3841.m39.l1313&_nkw=suzuki+boulevard+M50+air+filter&_sacat=

Hope it can help you :cheeky:

Great info there. Many thanks, appreciate the tip! :thumb:

Hi all,

I have my shaft bearings greased too, when I changed out the old IRCs tyres recently. The tyre shop owner was very kind to point it to me, and greased it for free.

After 2-3 years, the bearings certainly need greasing !

Hi micb,

Was it a big job to get to the bearings? Lots of dismantling to do? To be honest, I don't even know where the bearings are...:faint:

Hi micb,

Was it a big job to get to the bearings? Lots of dismantling to do? To be honest, I don't even know where the bearings are...:faint:

Hmm think its going to b a super big job if u going to DIY :angel:

hope this YouTube can answer but there is 13 part of it :cheeky:

Temptest does Avon tyre come with white wall and wat do u mean by unusual size? is it too big or small? how is the review for your new tyre? Sorry to ask so much cause planning to change my 2 donuts this 2 month too.

Hmm think its going to b a super big job if u going to DIY :angel:

hope this YouTube can answer but there is 13 part of it :cheeky:

Didn't mean it in a DIY manner, was just wondering how long it'll take and how much work it involves. If its just a simple dismantle and grease affair which most can easily handle, I'll just drop by my usual motodiam. If its a technically challenging one, I'll go to another motodiam whose mechanic I trust a bit more. May cost a bit more but the chap is reliable. Thanks for the link.

Tempest does Avon tyre come with white wall and wat do u mean by unusual size? is it too big or small? how is the review for your new tyre? Sorry to ask so much cause planning to change my 2 donuts this 2 month too.

Don't see any white wall to those Avon tires, all black like the stock IRC tires. I am using the Venom-X series and if you Google it, it is used for heavy cruisers. Unusual size in the sense that they are 130/90-16 (front) and 170/80-15 (rear), which are not very common. When I was searching around, all the bike shops (except Loois) told me they don't carry that and have to ask supplier for stock. And I basically had only Avon to choose, no Dunlop, no Metzeler, no Bridgestone, nothing.

By the way, Loois quoted "about $400", just in case you want to go to them. I have always changed my tires at Ah Boy for the lowest price he offers but this bike still quite new, can't bear to let his mechanics abuse yet. Maybe at the next change...

Can't tell you much about tire performance at the moment. Feels a bit grippy now but I suppose I was coming from an older set of tires to a new one, extremes in performance.

Edited by tempest

Hi micb,

Hi,

From what I see, it is not a very big job from the mechanic point of view, not DIY hor.

When the mechanic removes the rear wheel with the end part of shaft exposed, the shaft bearings will be visible, and can be easily applied on before fixing the wheel back.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Hi,

From what I see, it is not a very big job from the mechanic point of view, not DIY hor.

When the mechanic removes the rear wheel with the end part of shaft exposed, the shaft bearings will be visible, and can be easily applied on before fixing the wheel back.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

The information is good, thanks. Any chance there was mention of a set of bearings at the forward part of the shaft?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just want to know where to shop for cruisers and how much for a boulevard.. new in sg... thks

1999 - 2001: Nissan Bluebird TRX 2.0M

2002 - 2003: Hyundai Coupe 1.5M, Kawasaki GPX 250 R

2004 - 2005: Toyota Camry CSX 2.2M

2005 - 2006: Honda Civic1.8M, Suzuki GSX 750 F

2007 - 2008: Ford Falcon 4.0A, Toyota Tarago 2.2A

2009 - 2010: Honda Shadow 400cc

2011 - Current: Yamaha Spark 135

Hi, just want to know where to shop for cruisers and how much for a boulevard.. new in sg... thks

Maybe u can try Universal or Loois for New Boulevard, think new machine price is about 12-15k ba.

kk thks for that...

1999 - 2001: Nissan Bluebird TRX 2.0M

2002 - 2003: Hyundai Coupe 1.5M, Kawasaki GPX 250 R

2004 - 2005: Toyota Camry CSX 2.2M

2005 - 2006: Honda Civic1.8M, Suzuki GSX 750 F

2007 - 2008: Ford Falcon 4.0A, Toyota Tarago 2.2A

2009 - 2010: Honda Shadow 400cc

2011 - Current: Yamaha Spark 135