SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

yamaha dragstar

bo mai lah

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi there, just bought a dragstar classic and i'm getting fried thighs from the heat from the engine and exhaust pip! Any solution for this unpleasantness? does installing heat deflector work? if so where can i buy one?

The overheating of engine is not normal - have you been riding in heavy traffic or it happens even on the highway?

Harley V-Rod Muscle

count me in.

Yes, I'm back and ready to ride!!!

We shall meet this Wednesday 6th January for a ride. Meeting point Coffee Club at Millenia Walk @8pm and then ride to Jalan Kayu or Changi Village for a bite and chat.

We finish the ride at a Haagen Dazs (907,East Coast Road - Siglap) with me buying desserts for all to celebrate the Sweet New Year 2010.

Please add your names here to confirm your presence - the More the Louder.

1) Sandeebee

2)

3)

4)

5)

Harley V-Rod Muscle

We shall meet this Wednesday 6th January for a ride. Meeting point Coffee Club at Millenia Walk @8pm and then ride to Jalan Kayu or Changi Village for a bite and chat.

We finish the ride at a Haagen Dazs (907,East Coast Road - Siglap) with me buying desserts for all to celebrate the Sweet New Year 2010.

1) Sandeebee

2) Iggy_

3)

4)

5)

Yo bro ddd, glad if u could join this wed. Hope to see u then.

And bro dragstartan, would u be free to join us?? Maybe we can sort out ur fryer problem. No promise but a fellow drag rider whom should be joining too has the same prob before. U might want to check it out with him.

Ridin' through this world

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

1) Sandeebee

2) Iggy_

3)

4)

5)

And bro dragstartan, would u be free to join us?? Maybe we can sort out ur fryer problem. No promise but a fellow drag rider whom should be joining too has the same prob before. U might want to check it out with him.

Iggy, certainly will try to make it. will let you know bro.

1) Sandeebee

2) Iggy_

3) wadiki

4)

5)

will try 2 make it aft m done doing shopping @ Giant wif d family

Hi, has anyone install a pair of givi E21 on their Dragstar??

hhmmmm E21???i personnally tink it's 2 small for a dragstar or even a phantom...urs a classic or custom?.....saddles for a classic wld b better...got H&B 40l for custom & had E45 for my phantom b4......Iggy wats ur take on E21s on a DS?

hhmmmm E21???i personnally tink it's 2 small for a dragstar or even a phantom...urs a classic or custom?.....saddles for a classic wld b better...got H&B 40l for custom & had E45 for my phantom b4......Iggy wats ur take on E21s on a DS?

Iggy loves LEATHER.

"Be a Man, Do the Right Thing!!" -keke..

I have never heard of E21s.. nor E45s.. guess i am more a leather guy. Ripped off my Givi box that the previous owner gave me the very day I gotten my ride. And now that GIVI box is in my room as a storage box for my tools.

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

Hi, has anyone install a pair of givi E21 on their Dragstar??

How much room is there in a E21? Well if they are jus there for raincoats, I suggest u get a luggage rack and strap them there. Saves money too.

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

• 2 weeks later...
hi bros was thinking of getting a ds400 from my neighbour problem is i dont know the engine is in good condition or not..quite tet tet tet from engine and issit normal for ds have a small dent at the right hand side of it fork. thanks

I dont know tet tet tet - what that means but the dent on the right side of the fork is to accomodate the key if that's what you looking at.

Cheers

Harley V-Rod Muscle

hi bros was thinking of getting a ds400 from my neighbour problem is i dont know the engine is in good condition or not..quite tet tet tet from engine and issit normal for ds have a small dent at the right hand side of it fork. thanks

" tet tet tet " sound will be a norm for the V twin engine. Most Drags have that on them.. mainly the older versions between cavemen days till 2000 models. Thats what most mechanics have told me. So check which year model make is his. Most of all, u must like what u are buying. Know what else u wan to do on the bike, pros n cons n where n who u want to bring ur bike out riding with.

Remember Sir Romeo.. if u do get it.. have to let us all know ya.. so that we can call u out for kopi and ride trips. :cheeky:

Cheers

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

thanks for the clarification bros.. still thinking ah been long time since i rode a relax bike ermm during my phantom days(PK) lol

One thing I can assure you is that there is a big difference between the ride of a phantom and a Dragstar and the customisation possibilities are great too. You should try to meet up with a few DS owners to see & hear the customized bikes.

Good luck for your research.

Cheers

Harley V-Rod Muscle

One thing I can assure you is that there is a big difference between the ride of a phantom and a Dragstar and the customisation possibilities are great too. You should try to meet up with a few DS owners to see & hear the customized bikes.

Good luck for your research.

Cheers

i will second that...had a phantom b4....luved wat i did 2 it.....sad 2 let it go but had to to enjoy my custom....Sir_Romeo if u do get ur DS, drop iggy a msg....

Iggy & sandeebee.....wen is d next kopi ride.....force leave 26-30jan....dunno if i wanna stay in town or not....haiz....decisions, decisions

Hey Romeo,

Tried to reply ur PM but had some errors so i am replying here.

Actually u need to listen out to the engine upon starting the bike and letting it idle on for awhile. I did help a few Bros check on bike engine condition but as long as its smooth sounding, it should be okie. Where do u live anyway??

As for bike shop, I jus use a simple down to earth guy called Jimmy across Sim Lim Tower. A small shop that does all other bikes. I recommend most bros to get their bikes done there. Very nice guy n price also very reasonable.

Feel free to call and text me @ 97477660 if u need to find out more stuffs.

Cheers.

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~