SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

yamaha dragstar

bo mai lah

hey bros,

Sorry jus saw the post agn. wun be able to make it today.

kinda bz on the nites during fasting mnth.

Hope to join u guys after Raya!! :D

Haf fun

Hey Everman,

Catch u after Raya la.. No hurries.. will have more meet ups like we had last night. Great get together and lots of tips exchanged.

As for FB group for Star Riders, not that i know of. Here hardly have much riders of the Star family very involved in riding as a group. If response is good, I can kick start something. :thumb:

Ridin' through this world

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks to all that joined in for last night's kopi & ride session. Many more rides to come. So do stay tuned....

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

LabPark.jpg

ontheroad.jpg

food.jpg

parked.jpg

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

Many thanks to all that joined in for last night's kopi & ride session. Many more rides to come. So do stay tuned....

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks guys - it was my first outing with you guys and am certainly looking forward for more to come.

After looking at your bikes, I changed the following yesterday:

1) Risers

2) Grips

3) IU position

4) Horn

5) Rear Floor Boards

6) Rear view mirrors

Now looking for pipes and backrest to complete the bike before the next outing...

Cheers

Harley V-Rod Muscle

Thanks guys - it was my first outing with you guys and am certainly looking forward for more to come.

1) Risers

2) Grips

3) IU position

4) Horn

5) Rear Floor Boards

6) Rear view mirrors

Now looking for pipes and backrest to complete the bike before the next outing...

Cheers

Gees sori mate didnt get to catch up with u :shy: hope to see ur full project in the next ride ya :cheeky:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=77956&d=1224144141

1) Risers

2) Grips

3) IU position

4) Horn

5) Rear Floor Boards

6) Rear view mirrors

Cheers

WOW, that quite alot of items change....

Look forward to ride with you and hear your new pipe roar.

Contact me at my mobile shall u need more infor for the pipe.

1) Risers

2) Grips

3) IU position

4) Horn

5) Rear Floor Boards

6) Rear view mirrors

Cheers

Hi Bro,

was nice meeting & riding wif u.

hopefully I'll get my beast soon n 'project' it jz like i 'projected' my black beauty

til d next time....cheers & ride safe

Hi Bro,

was nice meeting & riding wif u.

hopefully I'll get my beast soon n 'project' it jz like i 'projected' my black beauty

til d next time....cheers & ride safe

Hey Mate,

that's what I'm looking forward too - really want to see what you would do to a Dragstar after having seen your dedicated uplifting of the black beauty. I love the missile launchers...

Shall meet soon.

Cheers

Harley V-Rod Muscle

1) Risers

2) Grips

3) IU position

4) Horn

5) Rear Floor Boards

6) Rear view mirrors

Cheers

I am selling pipes! do check out http://singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246955

:)

Hey Mate,

that's what I'm looking forward too - really want to see what you would do to a Dragstar after having seen your dedicated uplifting of the black beauty. I love the missile launchers...

Shall meet soon.

Cheers

hi bro, just wondering what you mean by "missile launchers" :confused:

Muai Contac No. : 98278752 Can call me PooN

Passed Class 2B on 22/12/05

Passed Class 2A on 02/09/08

Passed Class 2 on 03/11/09

Enrol Class 3(PDL) 06/07/10

28 Dec 05 ~ 11 Sept 08 - DarK Matt Green TA150 FR6XX2B

11 Sept 08 ~ XX XX XX - White Dragstar Classic 400 FU3XX7R

Any dragstar owners here have changed their rear wheel bearing before?

I have though.. Any reason why u are checking?

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

I have though.. Any reason why u are checking?

i used to change mine before once. there was a 'click' sound coming from the rear when the wheel turns. hence brought it to shop and got it changed. that was like a year ago.

but now, the sound came back again. yeah and im pissed. they say dragstars are rear heavy. so i dunno what causes the sound. recently i noticed the condition of the road surfaces here suck. bumps, potholes.

whenever my bike goes over those notorious ones, u just get that kinda 'electric shock' runnin thru ur body. u get wat i mean. so i thought is it due to goin over these numerous bumps/holes.

i used to change mine before once. there was a 'click' sound coming from the rear when the wheel turns. hence brought it to shop and got it changed. that was like a year ago.

but now, the sound came back again. yeah and im pissed. they say dragstars are rear heavy. so i dunno what causes the sound. recently i noticed the condition of the road surfaces here suck. bumps, potholes.

whenever my bike goes over those notorious ones, u just get that kinda 'electric shock' runnin thru ur body. u get wat i mean. so i thought is it due to goin over these numerous bumps/holes.

Hmmm.. rear heavy?? Is there a way to measure the weight of a bike in segments?? Never heard before tho. Pot holes n bumps sounds like u do alot of JB ride ins.. I only get major bumps on JB road.

As of the clicking sound, do check if ur cornering the next few corners, very smooth or abit unstable. Might be the bearing socket botak liao. Or suspensions.

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

Hmmm.. rear heavy?? Is there a way to measure the weight of a bike in segments?? Never heard before tho. Pot holes n bumps sounds like u do alot of JB ride ins.. I only get major bumps on JB road.

As of the clicking sound, do check if ur cornering the next few corners, very smooth or abit unstable. Might be the bearing socket botak liao. Or suspensions.

haha not JB my fren. singapore have bad potholes too. those ground plates ****. some can be pretty deep.

i dun think its the suspension. i've changed mine already a few mths back. bearing socket? hw much to change that?

haha not JB my fren. singapore have bad potholes too. those ground plates ****. some can be pretty deep.

i dun think its the suspension. i've changed mine already a few mths back. bearing socket? hw much to change that?

Sorry for the late reply.. am currently in BKK for work trip.

Well there are some steps u can take to check is the bearing spocket's teeth have worned out.

1. Lift bike off ground (Do not try bear hands unless u wear a cape n ur underwear on the outside.)

2. Make sure the affected wheel is turnable

3. Jiggle, yes i mean JIGGLE ur tires any way other than how they are suppose to turn.

4. Pray hard

5. If its very looooose, means its teeth that holds the bearing in place is gone or almost gone.. that will also means money from your wallet will be gone too...:cry:

But my advice is to get it changed asap. It can hinder with corners and its not worth waiting BECAUSE.. once it gets worse, you might have to change the whole rim instead. Esti cost for the socket is at least $150 above. They need to get the rim machined and not use some coke can to stick it in to fill up the gap between the teeth and bearing. That is cheap cheap option.. $15 only.

Hope my info helps.. not sure am i targeting at the same prob for ur bike.

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

bro can send me all d pix....thx

Hang in there bro.. once i get back from my trip i will post them on Facebook. Anyone else wants a piece of the action from our last outing???

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~