SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

yamaha dragstar

bo mai lah

wadiki thanks for the info too..tomorrow then see my decision lah.. but sidetrack i do feel heavy when turning at low speed especially at the right hand side maybe cause been riding wave too long liaoz

The wave is super light - so you would definitely feel the weight while turning but once you get used to it, it feels very well balanced and you'll find it a stable bike even at very low speeds eg: in carparks.

Harley V-Rod Muscle

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I'm from Malaysia and new to the forum. I've recently got a used Yamaha Dragstar 650 1997. I was wondering if anyone here could help me with these questions:

1) Does the current DragStar 400's upper and lower fork covers fit a Dragstar 1997's forks?

2) Where can I get them in Singapore?

I've tried calling Yamaha Singapore's parts and service phone number, no one seems to be at work there.

Hope you guys can help?

cheers!:thumb:

Vic

Hi, I'm from Malaysia and new to the forum. I've recently got a used Yamaha Dragstar 650 1997. I was wondering if anyone here could help me with these questions:

1) Does the current DragStar 400's upper and lower fork covers fit a Dragstar 1997's forks?

2) Where can I get them in Singapore?

I've tried calling Yamaha Singapore's parts and service phone number, no one seems to be at work there.

Hope you guys can help?

cheers!:thumb:

Vic

1) They should fit but the newer models have theirs chromed where as the older models are blurred chrome.

2) Other then Hong Leong, i think scrap yards MIGHT have some lying ard.

Ridin' through this world

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

Anyone knows whats the machine price for Yamaha Dragstar 125 new or 2nd hand bikes?

Dragstar 125?? Did they even piece together such a small cap bike??

Are u looking for a class 2B or 2A bike??

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

Dragstar 125?? Did they even piece together such a small cap bike??QUOTE]

Even if they did make one, and if it came on the same frame, it would be very under powered. I guess the 400 cc is absolutely the right engine for this frame.

400cc on the frame is ‘just nice’. I think 650cc would be the most ideal. I feel 400cc is a little underpowered when you compare the power-weight ratio. Or perhaps it’s the boredom of 400cc seeping in..

400cc on the frame is ‘just nice’. I think 650cc would be the most ideal. I feel 400cc is a little underpowered when you compare the power-weight ratio. Or perhaps it’s the boredom of 400cc seeping in..

Its a 650cc in the states.. only in a country like ours that has a 2A license would have a 400cc.

Lots of parts online that we cant order in due to model differences. So no choice have to make do wif 400s and get our parts in asia. Not so easy to dress them up if u just wan to buy mods of the shelves.

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

bro once again thanks for accompany me do inform me if got kopi session with the rest...

You are most welcome. Its great to know more good riders. Feel free to call for a gathering in here and I bet the rest of us would very much like to meet up every once in awhile.

Cheers n ride safe.

All alone

God takes your soul

You're on your own

The crow flies straight

A perfect line

On the devil's path

Until you die~

Want to trade? My Dragstar Classic 400 is 10.5 yrs old, with COE just renewed till 2019. It comes with back rest and tail rack. Black with Chromed. Asking for $3,800 only if you are a sincere buyer. Photos available and you will not be disappointed. I am open to any 2A bikes to trade upwards. 97712755

"Ride Free and Safe" :angel:

Hi,

What is the mileage of your bike?

Thank you!

Hi. Anyone has DS exhaust for sale. The stock pipes are really lame so want to have another one fixed.

How much are you willing to spend and what's your aim for the sound? In case you simply want loud sound, the solution can be simpler and cheap by going for locally available aftermarket pipes.

If you are willing to spend about S$700, I recommend you order some nice pipes from the States and you will really enjoy the ride with a very controlled bassy sound which is loud surely but not irritating.

Cheers

Harley V-Rod Muscle

How much are you willing to spend and what's your aim for the sound? In case you simply want loud sound, the solution can be simpler and cheap by going for locally available aftermarket pipes.

If you are willing to spend about S$700, I recommend you order some nice pipes from the States and you will really enjoy the ride with a very controlled bassy sound which is loud surely but not irritating.

Cheers

bro, where can the "locally available aftermarket pipes" be found? asked a lot of shops and they don't carry DS pipes.

Cheers

Nothing above $300 if possible?

Not looking for loud sound - just want something more beefy than the stock pipes which seriously cannot make it.

bro, where can the "locally available aftermarket pipes" be found? asked a lot of shops and they don't carry DS pipes.

There are a few fellow forummers who have modded the pipes locally - all by changing the rear ends. You've gotta join them for a kopi session to find out more and hear the various pipes to see what you really want. Its true that those are not made for DS but a little bit of modification and you can have very close to what you want for within a 100 bucks.

Harley V-Rod Muscle

To our Chinese Star-Riders,

Happy Chinese New Year & Have an Awesome Year ahead.

Enjoy the hols ppl!! :>>

----------------------------------------------

1st bike - Honda "Black Taz" Phantom TA200

1st car - Daihatsu "Fiery Demon" Charade GT

2nd bike - Yamaha "Green Meany" Dragstar 400

2nd car - Toyota "Boxy Daddy" Isis 1.8