SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

GSXR6 K7 solo. Singapore Malaysia Thailand Cambodia Laos. Slideshow.

Ianie

:)March 2012. 18 days trip.

‎1 Month since crazy S.E.A trip. Any riders need help on immgrations,routes,hotels,chec​kpoints. Ask here i'll be keen to help.

Ride safe & enjoy !!:p:P:angel:

What a crazy adventure. A memory even after years down the road will bring a smile to my face.

I dedicate this ride to all the fallen brothers, and all the emo people out there. Cheers & keep riding!

For pple who needs info i'll try summarize the trip.

D1. 870KM JB > SADAO CHECKPOINT. I rode through out the night.Left SG 11pm reached 8-9am. If your going alone, pls try not to stop at petrol stations or isolated areas during the night.

pls bring your VEH log card,passport,RM$2. You'll get the thai veh log card,remember to return after your trip.

Sadao checkpoint > HATYAI 45 mins or so. Any hotels is good I dont particular look for any hotels just look around where is common sense for bike parking safe and i'll stop there..

D2. HATYAI > HUAHIN 1000KM? Started the day early 6am, i knew i had alot to cover. I do not have a GPS or MAP. i mainly used my iphone maps, wrote down the towns i had to pass and the expressway routes and just refer back when i cant remember. IT's just highway 4 TOWARDS highway 41. There are pretty lotsa road signs just head towards bangkok. It's pretty straight forward. Caution, If you cannot make it to HUAHIN before night. I recommend you stop at PRACHUP KIRI KHAN SEASIDE resort. It's a super peaceful beach area, like a small,nice HUT house at the beach. 600-700BAHT per night with breakfast.I woke up and strolled the beach with no one :) Prachup is extremely peaceful. Huahin is like another phuket.

D3.HUAHIN > SA KAEO 500-600KM?? aranyaprathet boarder. This is a super tricky and fustrating day. I continued on highway 4 towards bangkok. I actually forgot the actual route i used.But i seriously recommend you properly plan this route. I got lost many times and had to make alot of UTURNS.Then again i had no GPS OR MAP if you have it shouldnt be a problem. ADVICE. Advoid bangkok area, there are many highways and routes leading into central bangkok. Reached SA KAEO around 7-8pm? SAKAEO is the last major town before you enter cambodia. I found a hotel pretty shitty looking one. $230BAHT/night super cheap. No air con no heater. But i'm heckcare type :p. It had a garage outside the room. only 1 floor. but it didnt felt too safe. So i pushed the bike into the room and slept.

D4. SAKAEO > SIAM REAP. Didnt start the day too early, i knew i didnt have alot to cover took my own sweet time. Around 40 mins from SAKAEO to Cambodian boarder. Did the nesscary custom clearance ETC. Didnt have to pay extra kopi money, Everything was smooth fast. Caution. Try advoid lunch time, after that clearance you have to ride towards a WHITE BUILDING, the excerise custom popiet. You need them to chop some documents. But luckily i caught him before he went for his lunch. Over all, 30 mins to clear.

Straight forward ride. Highway 5 continue by highway 6. 150KM to siamreap from customs, Then again i dont remember which hotel i stayed. Just found some common sense front entrance parking type, Felt very safe to me. After some real hardcore riding the past few days, there was no point to chiong anymore. Rode around, went ANGKONG wat temples, Took the hotairballoon, 15$USD , i didnt take any tour i went alone to explore. BTW IF your heading in to ANGKONG WAT temple, You have to buy ticket which cost $20. I didnt realise i had to buy ticket i simply walked in and explore and was afterwards told by them i had to buy otherwise i face a heavy fine. But luckily i already left. During night time i explored the town, There are PUB streets and alot of food. Quite happening if you ask me, BEER is extremely cheap @ 50 cents at pub areas. Massage is just afew dollars.. I spend afew days there, because i wanted to fly the hot air balloon. I wasted an entire day because it was not suitable to fly due to weather. To advoid that, you can call and make reservations, once its suitable to fly they'll call you back. Spend afew days there. R&R.

D7 SIAMREAP > KRATIE. About 550-600KM? Continued on highway 6 towards 7. This is another toturing ride. Technically i could cover before sunset. But it was totally unsuitable to ride abouve 100KMH. COWS , DOGS , CHILDRENS , KAMPONG HOUSES, OFF ROAD. Pls becareful, The cows own the roads, But a cow being a cow is SLOW. So you have plenty of time to advoid. Watch out for dogs. I witnessed a dog being ran over by a trailer, so WATCH IT. I advice you start the day early REAL early, I had to do 2-3 hours of night riding with tinted visor, the roads are so dusty i couldnt even remove my visor, SUPER DARK, SUPER DANGEROUS. So pls advoid. It could be advoided if you start early. Reached Kratie rode around , once again common sense found a hotel front space parking with security.

D8 KRATIE > LAOS PAKSE 200km? Started the day late. Didnt have much to cover anyways , Rode to laos checkpoint you'll be suprised it is a checkpoint.. Just look like some kampong house with barriers. Did the nesscary clearance, Didnt have to bribe or anything once again, but you have to pay 2-3$ to enter.You have to buy insurance at the checkpoint, It's actually optional, but if police stop you you have to pay a hefty fine. It cost only 5 USD anyways, Covers for 7 days in LAOS. Continued on highway 13. Straight forward 150KM ride. Reached Pakse, found some guest house with WIFI. I recommend you change your MONEY first before entering. The money changers all close at 3-4PM. i couldnt change money i had no KIPS and they didnt really accpect USD so much. I got rejected many times i had to wait till the banks open the next day. Spend 1 day at PASKE. Nothing much to do there, just wet market etc. My orginal plan was to shoot up north all the way to vietiane , luang prabang cross the river to north Thailand. But i didnt have a good feeling for this country LAOS. They couldnt speak any english at all. communication was hard. Road conditions are poor. Infracture is really poor. Decided to exit.

D9 > PAKSE > NAKON RACHASIMA 500KM? there is a boarder to EAST of Thailand UBON RATACHANI. And continue my goal towards north Thailand and Chiang mai. From checkpoint is 1500KM to Chiang mai.It was impossible to ride towards north THAILAND, Considering the distance, I just had to cover as much as i could for the day to lessen the burden for hardcore ride tomorrow. Rode towards NAKON RACHASIMA, found a guest house, nothing fanciful, had dinner and prepare for hardcore ride tomorrow.

D10 > NAKON RACHASIMA > CHIANG MAI 1100KM - 1150KM ?? This is the most enduring ride, but the excitment is there, because it's CHIANG MAI ! Suprisingly the roads from bangkok towards NORTH is good. I could do 120-130KM constant. Not much potholes, pretty smooth roads. After 13 hours hardcore riding i reached chiangmai almost 7pm. Found a guesthouse in the main city area. BED&TERRANCE i highly recommend. U could park your bike in the guesthouse at nighttime. They will look out for you. Cool weather , MAE HOON SON LOOP to lookforward to, TIGER kingdom to look forward, highest spot in thailand to look forward, plenty of night life etc. Just needed to rest and recover for the day.

D11 Free&Easy, Chiangmai is the favourite place of the trip. I decided to stay here for a couple of days.It's like bangkok but not so hectic. like genting but not so cold. Visited Tiger kingdom,Rode around the city,Rode up to the highest spot in thailand,pubs,bars,thai boxing,nightmarket,shopping. You can find it all there. ADVICE. There are afew big bike shops at Chiangmai, so i felt totally safe to give my bike a check, JOE'S BIKE TEAM is the place to go, Run by GERMAN joe and his ENGLISH helper. Did the nesscary checks,changed oil and bought a MHS map, Joe used to be a hardcore tourer, adviced me how to do the loop stop points etc.

D12, Did the MHS LOOP. Northen thailand 1864 Curves, 1 of the most exotic places to ride in the world. Moutains of twistes, UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT CENTRE kind.. Heavenly with my GSXR, had lotsa fun, Met 2 thai riders, rode with them, Went to CAVES , national parks, HOTSPRING, highest spot in thailand, plenty of sight seeing,great for pictures. Took my time didnt want to finish the northen loop so fast. Stopped at PAI town. Spend a night there and finished the loop tomorrow. Made my way back to CHIANGMAI.

D13, Chiangmai Train Station > BANGKOK > HAYTAI. After so many days of hardcore riding, Waves of pain and pleasure, the trip is almost concluded. You know as they say, the going up part is fun but not the going back. Didnt want to ride back, to save all the hassle, It's even cheaper than you ride, you can sleep in the train,dont have to look for hotels, lessen the risk. There are no direct train to south, you have to stop at bangkok to change. You have to buy ticket for your bike, it's pretty safe, thailand have pretty ok infracture, they dont mess with you. Everything was professional , Reached bangkok collected my bike,change train to the south. NORTH > BANGKOK 13-14 hours train ride, Same from BANGKOK to South.

ADVICE, haha dont save money, go for the aircon deck with sleeping beds they cost abit more but WORTH IT,Stock up plenty of snacks and food for the train ride :) ..

D15, HAYTAI > CAMERON HIGHLANDS. 400-450KM? Collected by bike at hatyai train station, Took a 40 mins ride back to the malaysia custom side, Did the nesscary clearance, Pls remember to drop your thai veh log card back. Otherwise next time cannot go back,I Actually planned to shoot back to SG straight. But it was already noon. I dont want to do any night riding it's extremely difficult to ride with tinted visor at night. Stopped off at Cameron HIGHLANDS. My favourite place of Malaysia :) Stayed at 8 JALAN MENTIGI # 8 guest house

The rides i did was pretty hardcore endurance kind, if you cant do such coverage in a day i recommend you split things up.

Every penny spent, Every drop of sweat,Every drop of petrol burned is god damm worthed it.By then it was already D18, Closed the curtains and shoot back home :)

Edited by Ianie

Wise Men say,only fools rush in.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a 1 seater bike lol.. Photos were taken by strangers,some thai riders and international riders i met along the way and autotimer etc.. :) it's really a crazy crazy adventure. just thinking back brings smile.. :)

Edited by Ianie

Wise Men say,only fools rush in.

Thanks Ian for the detailed information! =) Much appreciated!

My Rides:

020307-050408: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU9253X)

030508-170115: Honda Shadow Slasher (FV5149K)

010213-010415: Harley-Davidson FLSTC Heritage Softail Classic (FBC822E)

090313-121113: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU2004U)

310315-present: Harley-Davidson FLHTK Ultra Limited (FBJ-----)