SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

listening to music an offence?

Duke_Monster

Is it legal if listening to radio?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Is it legal if listening to radio?

while riding...sometimes it gets pretty sian ...so i would like to know if listening to music while riding an offence? more accurately riding with earphones...riding with music on is prob not an offence or else goldwings won't have stereos liao.haha...

anione noes?i emailed lta for verification...but they're not replying juz yet...thought some of u guys might noe.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt it be distracting? i wanted to do this but afraid might be distracted as i feel ride bike need to give 100% concentration...safety most important :thumb:

April 2004 - June 2005 : Honda NSR150SP

June 2005 - August 2006 : Honda RVF400 NC35

August 2006 - Present : Yamaha YZF-R1

safety & alertness is important while riding!!!

i usually listen to music while riding but when i knew rd block ahead, i will juz plug away the wire. if they wan catch me for wearing earpiece, i will juz tell them.."y drivers can use, riders cant? its onli wearing earpiece, nt talking on phone mah..."

if calls really come in, then stop rd side ans call lor...

NSR150SP (2001-2003)

CB400SF (2003-2004)

GSXR1000K4 (2004-2006)

STX1300 (2006-2007)

KATANA125 (2007-XXXX)

weigh yar pros n cons...rather then trying to find out if its an offense....

even if u are like listening to some music n shaking yar head or body to the music then only TP will come n stop u la...if not they won't even know tht u are listening to music....

how ever think abt it u blast ...car or something horn to avoid an accident n can't even hear tht horn...wats more costly?

like someone mentioned tht something u can know tht there is a vehicle in yar blind spot by hearing the sound...but if u blast u can't hear n its very important for u to beware of yar surrounding while riding its not jus abt looking infront.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Originally posted by He@d|3sS^b|k3r@Aug 30 2004, 01:22 PM

hehe...if it's not an offence...i go buy headphone and blast liao~ hehehe :cheer: :offtopic: :cheeky:

alamak

blasting and listening to normal volume can make a lot of difference leh

u most probably wont be able to hear horn frm other vehicles if u blast :cheeky:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

i listen to music too... and sumtimes... wen im not plugged into music, i wear my bluetooth headset.

Actually, listening to music keeps me awake than not listening to it. Fell asleep while riding back from JB once. The funny thing was... i (or rather, my bike) negotiate a long turn wif my eyes closed. o_O since then.. i plugged in the music. heh. :smile:

http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/Banners/banner-xjr.jpg http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr39/nash_1126/Banners/banner-busa.jpg

Originally posted by nash_1126@Aug 31 2004, 11:26 PM

i listen to music too... and sumtimes... wen im not plugged into music, i wear my bluetooth headset.

Actually, listening to music keeps me awake than not listening to it. Fell asleep while riding back from JB once. The funny thing was... i (or rather, my bike) negotiate a long turn wif my eyes closed. o_O since then.. i plugged in the music. heh. :smile:

u were lucky, i fell asleep onces thanks to the hump i woke up, n at least ebreak n skidded in stead of directly kissing the car infront of my waitin to turn right.

Yamaha LC 125 03/02 - 04/03

Yamaha RXZ 03/03 - 04/05

Suzuki Bandit VV 04/05 - 02/06

Yamaha Fazer 1000 03/06 - 10/07

Honda Blackbird 10/07 - 08/08

Yamaha Fazer 600 10/08 - 02/10

Honda Blackbird 02/10 - 03/12

Originally posted by R.C@Sep 1 2004, 12:07 PM

confirm ar? haha...

you called them and ask or your friend tp?

got stopped by him

got fine by him

if u wan to call the hotline call lor, but the auntie quite grumpy one

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r239/utopian355/ABCD0006-smallcopy.jpg

iya....

if even if listening to music is legal...

they still can say that you careless driving...

because you listen to music and did not see the road..

Arai V-Cross2 Arai Rx7r3 Haga Arai Ram2 Arai Rx7r3 Conlin Edward Arai Rx7r3 Mick Doohan Arai Ram 2 Arai Rx7r4 Gunmetal Arai RX7r4 Shinaya Nakano Shoei X11 Kato Black Arai Ram 3 Gunmetal Arai Ram 3 Shoei Neotec Shoei J-cruise

KTM 200EXC Gilera Runner SP Aprilia RS250 Hornet 250 Gilera Runner Vxr Yamaha Yzf 05R6 Honda Wave 125 X9 Evo 200 SilverWing 400 Yamaha Tmax XP500 NC700XD STX C650GT

confirmed...called traffic police dept. liao...listening to earphones while riding a bike is LEGAL...as long as u have both hands on yr bar...as in cannot adjust music or stuff while riding but at traffic light of coz can...

so gd news....but bad news...unless u ride a quiet bike it's very hard to listen to the music...haha...but can la...better than nothing.

of coz guys...plz concentrate on the road...safe riding :smile:

and i din asked abt earpieces(hp)...but i think it's legal as well...like for cars...u can talk on yr phone as long as u use earpiece(friend told me,dun take his word for granted)

for the music earphones...when i asked the traffic police operator...she was like "huh...u're the first to ask this kind of Q..."...then she hesitated a while b4 she asked her colleagues...and i could her all of them giggling.... :smile: