SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

listening to music an offence?

Duke_Monster

Is it legal if listening to radio?  

310 members have voted

1. 1. Is it legal if listening to radio?

nope. not an offence. coz been stop b4 by TP at my area. i ask him. listen to mp3 while riding can? He say as long u can hear other vec horn u, can.

but i'm not sure with other TP/LTA.

once they stop u. try ask them all sort of question. dun juz act dumb.

i'll be your competition..

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to music with both ear piece,,,make sure that the volume is low enough to hear Horn or "siren" lar...if not the enjoyable moments might be a life endangered situation...:)

was stop by tp once due to my visor and personally asked wheter it is an offence to listen to my mp3 while riding...

he told me theres no rules prohibiting us from listening while riding...but he also told me...for ur own safety and in his opinion...its better not to hear mp3 while riding....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/khairul/siggy%20editor/Yishundam.jpg

VSTROM SINGAPORE - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=125329690831574&v=photos#!/group.php?gid=125329690831574&ref=ts

• 3 weeks later...

i always listen to radio via my handphone's ear phone when riding. I always full blast lor...if not too noisy cant hear the music. To me no problem at all, i can still hear the traffic around me. In fact i feel better to do this as this keeps me awake...if not will go into auto pilot mode liao...lol

己所ä¸æ¬²ï¼Œå‹¿æ–½äºŽäºº

i always listen to radio via my handphone's ear phone when riding. I always full blast lor...if not too noisy cant hear the music. To me no problem at all, i can still hear the traffic around me. In fact i feel better to do this as this keeps me awake...if not will go into auto pilot mode liao...lol

i guess u always travel long journey often:thumb:

YoUr GrEaTeST GLorY DoEsn'T CoNsIsT iN NeVeR FaLLinG. BuT RiSinG EvErYTiME YoU FaLL.

not the distance...is the time...always need to go to work in the wee hours....:giddy:

somewhat i feel is a joy and enjoyment to ride in the wee hours. the traffic is really empty and the wind is so cooling. tho must be careful as cars tend to speed and drive recklessly.:giddy:

ride safe:thumb:

YoUr GrEaTeST GLorY DoEsn'T CoNsIsT iN NeVeR FaLLinG. BuT RiSinG EvErYTiME YoU FaLL.

somewhat i feel is a joy and enjoyment to ride in the wee hours. the traffic is really empty and the wind is so cooling. tho must be careful as cars tend to speed and drive recklessly.:giddy:

ride safe:thumb:

ya...there's no shortage of idiotic drivers...:angry:

己所ä¸æ¬²ï¼Œå‹¿æ–½äºŽäºº

better pull your earpiece away..

tp stop me..

he was kind give me advice rather saman me..

he mentioned u canot listen to radio or mp3 with your hp. even u didnt make any call. puzzled? yea.. i was wondering too .. we didnt hold the hp rite.. :sian:

he said you can only listen to mp3.. BUT... adequate volume.. meaning you can at least hear surrounding..

Do Not Speed

i think it all depends on individual preference.. if u like to listen,go ahead,if not,don't.. for me,if going for short trips,i won't listen,but if going for long distance,then music is a must..

So far no one has ever got summoned for listening to mp3 here rite?

My Rides

Yamaha Nouvo MX - Sep 2006

Honda CB400 Spec II - Nov 2007

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - Oct 2008

Suzuki GSXR 600 K6 - June 2009

Gilera Fuoco 500 - Dec 2009

Honda CB1000R - July 2011

Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight - Dec 2012 (Current)

I think it is common for overseas riders to use earplugs when riding, to reduce wind noises.

But yes, music changes your mood, high tempo music might cause you to ride faster. Slow music might help you relax. So choice of music will make a difference. Also traffic report on local radio stations can be helpful.

At the end of the day, if your music is too loud to hear other vehicles horning, then its your loss. Either you get into trouble on the road, or you'll lose your hearing in the future.

Just make sure you're not listening when they are annoucing the 4D results. :D

I think it is common for overseas riders to use earplugs when riding, to reduce wind noises.

But yes, music changes your mood, high tempo music might cause you to ride faster. Slow music might help you relax. So choice of music will make a difference. Also traffic report on local radio stations can be helpful.

At the end of the day, if your music is too loud to hear other vehicles horning, then its your loss. Either you get into trouble on the road, or you'll lose your hearing in the future.

Just make sure you're not listening when they are annoucing the 4D results. :D

haha 4d :thumb: :thumb:

己所ä¸æ¬²ï¼Œå‹¿æ–½äºŽäºº

• 3 weeks later...

2003-2004 NSR SP150

2004-2004 DUcati Monster 400

2004-2006 Suzuki Gixxer 400

2006-2008 Y125Z

2008-2010 Silverwing 600

2010-2011 Mazda 2

2011-current CB400 Vtec 1

• 3 weeks later...

be like me lor... cut my ipod head phone left with one side only. CFM pass one.. cannot even accuse me of using two side lol.. but is can one la.. keep it not too loud though...

Low Life Helmet Stealers shld just DIE

05-06 - FU*7*7A NSR SP (Proj Bee)

06-07 - FY*3*3L Wave S (Proj Bass)

07-07 - FN3**3M RVF 400 (Proj Black)

08-08 - FU**9*U KAWA ZX (Squeaky)

08-09 FBB***9D Pulsar DTS-i (Black)

10- FBC**98S SYM GTS