SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Pasir Gudang Track Day on 18th March 07

Sub Zero

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@March 23, 2007 06:18 am

so CSI KISS,

from ur investigations....what makes a great rider.....does lap times prove anything?

Lap times does prove something, but consistency is more important. The champion sometimes doesn't clocks the fastest lap.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@March 22, 2007 10:58 pm

daigo34....dun think have seen u before....but heard about u and ur times......pretty fast....

nah we don,but ive been reading tis forum lately n i can c tat u been improving.very impresive.keep it up bro. :sweat:

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@March 22, 2007 07:26 pm

dol was the biggest challenge for the day....pulling up right behind me at every straight.....and really had to rely on late breakings and rude corner entries to take him out.....but that simply wasnt enough

Upgrade ur engine power.... lol

Wait till I achieve my objective.... I will be back with a more powerful engine and a more sexy bike......

Originally posted by KISS@March 23, 2007 04:42 pm

Lap times does prove something, but consistency is more important. The champion sometimes doesn't clocks the fastest lap.

Bingo!!

That's exactly what the instructor at the AzTrackday said.

He said something like.....

"The fastest rider in a race of equally powered and prepared machines, is the one that is making the least mistakes, with regards to braking points and linings".

Makes alot of sense doesn't it?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

Originally posted by Raptor@March 24, 2007 11:16 am

Bingo!!

That's exactly what the instructor at the AzTrackday said.

He said something like.....

"The fastest rider in a race of equally powered and prepared machines, is the one that is making the least mistakes, with regards to braking points and linings".

Makes alot of sense doesn't it?

HOw many tracks are there in your state Raptor??

ANY FOOL CAN HOLD A TIGER BY THE BALLS, BUT IT TAKES A HERO TO KEEP ON SQUEEZING. And I am that f*cking hero...

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1827/march1vl5.jpghttp://img141.imageshack.us/img141/3057/march5el6.jpg

Originally posted by Sub Zero@March 24, 2007 11:46 am

HOw many tracks are there in your state Raptor??

Tracks for road bikes.... mebbe got 3 or 4, dirt bikes tonnes.

Tracks for cars... alot more if you include the flat tracks and dirt ovals.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@March 22, 2007 07:26 pm

dol was the biggest challenge for the day....pulling up right behind me at every straight.....and really had to rely on late breakings and rude corner entries to take him out.....but that simply wasnt enough

Hello! U riding 600 leh.... unfair fight.. all ride same capacity then compare. If Dol don't pull up to u on the straight, then the 1000cc engine something wrong, because I know your bike not rocket yet.

Originally posted by 5thRider@March 25, 2007 02:40 pm

Hello! U riding 600 leh.... unfair fight.. all ride same capacity then compare. If Dol don't pull up to u on the straight, then the 1000cc engine something wrong, because I know your bike not rocket yet.

Yap is Unfair. The new 600 will still be the most suitable bike to ride at GP as it handles like a 2 stoke 250. As for 1000 to make full use of it power will be at sepang as the track are much bigger and longer straights.Aya just only a friendly track day lah. Not a race.:smile:K.C

http://k53.pbase.com/u48/geneeric/large/35499844.DragRace16.10.04063.jpg

Originally posted by ERC@March 27, 2007 01:02 am

Yap is Unfair. The new 600 will still be the most suitable bike to ride at GP as it handles like a 2 stoke 250. As for 1000 to make full use of it power will be at sepang as the track are much bigger and longer straights.Aya just only a friendly track day lah. Not a race.:smile:K.C

Yup i agree.. cant make full use of the 1000 power at pg.. Especially when u r an alien to the track..

Would be nice if can have a 600 for pg..

1000 for sepang.. heehee...

dream on lor..

btw its my 1st time ever on the grid.. and tot of havin a fun ride but walau its realli like the last 5 lap of the real race leh..

Looks like everyone pushin real hard.. looking at mark, shah, amba, panjang, kelvin..

One thing for sure we shud not take it too seriously lah coz there's no trophy or championship points to be won..

I belive this 5 lap challange thingy shud be for the inexperince rider dat have the intention to participate in race or a novice rider wanting to have more exposure of the starting grid.. and it shud not be becoz of who's d champion of the day for the seasoned racers or veteran racers..

If those experienced rider or seasoned racer keep participating this 5 lap thingy then it might just turn off the new ones dat might want to have a feel before participate in real races..

Dis way more local racers be born and its gonna be very healthy for the sports..

Just my 2cents :thumb:

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg

I still believes experience riders in the 5-lap race are the essential part of the whole event. To improve our local riders we still need to have very good rider to achieve a higher benchmark in the track. Then others will have more motivation to learn and improve their riding. Ofcouse with a proper guidance.:smile:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b383/keleveryan/TD20090816-3924.jpg

Originally posted by Kelvin67@March 27, 2007 03:12 am

I still believes experience riders in the 5-lap race are the essential part of the whole event. To improve our local riders we still need to have very good rider to achieve a higher benchmark in the track. Then others will have more motivation to learn and improve their riding. Ofcouse with a proper guidance.:smile:

Agreed on the guidance.. :thumb:

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg

From what i heard from the pits,the newbies are saying that it's always the same few guys on the podiums & they don't stand a chance.Maybe can create another 5 lap race just for newbies doing 2 minutes?When they get better, they will move up with the experience riders to improve themselves.This way will give them some motivation to work on (although it's not a real race).

This way, Singapore riders will improve & beat our neigbours? Just imagine the 5 lap race...MotoGP standard with Asia Pac standard on the grid.

My 2 cents.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m87/fruitcakepablohoney/DSC02554-1.jpg

Originally posted by Doctor Dol@March 27, 2007 02:12 am

Yup i agree.. cant make full use of the 1000 power at pg.. Especially when u r an alien to the track..

Would be nice if can have a 600 for pg..

1000 for sepang.. heehee...

dream on lor..

btw its my 1st time ever on the grid.. and tot of havin a fun ride but walau its realli like the last 5 lap of the real race leh..

Looks like everyone pushin real hard.. looking at mark, shah, amba, panjang, kelvin..

One thing for sure we shud not take it too seriously lah coz there's no trophy or championship points to be won..

I belive this 5 lap challange thingy shud be for the inexperince rider dat have the intention to participate in race or a novice rider wanting to have more exposure of the starting grid.. and it shud not be becoz of who's d champion of the day for the seasoned racers or veteran racers..

If those experienced rider or seasoned racer keep participating this 5 lap thingy then it might just turn off the new ones dat might want to have a feel before participate in real races..

Dis way more local racers be born and its gonna be very healthy for the sports..

Just my 2cents :thumb:

Wahhh .. good good :cheer:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/nocturnized/Sep2.jpg

"Me don't love fighting... but is better to die fighting for freedom than to be a prisoner all the days of your life." - Bob Marley

Originally posted by Doctor Dol@March 27, 2007 02:12 am

Yup i agree.. cant make full use of the 1000 power at pg..

Especially when u r an alien to the track..

are u sure 1000 cannot fully power at pg......

and also, r u sure u r alien to the track....

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

Originally posted by fruitcakepablohoney@March 27, 2007 09:08 am

From what i heard from the pits,the newbies are saying that it's always the same few guys on the podiums & they don't stand a chance.Maybe can create another 5 lap race just for newbies doing 2 minutes?When they get better, they will move up with the experience riders to improve themselves.This way will give them some motivation to work on (although it's not a real race).

This way, Singapore riders will improve & beat our neigbours? Just imagine the 5 lap race...MotoGP standard with Asia Pac standard on the grid.

My 2 cents.

when i first started on 400, i felt the same way too....especially with ktm 525s entering the under 400 as well....but they are motard.....

i even complained to charn(looser of me) about what can be done....and his comment was NO.

its after sometime that i understand......by pacing these guys....u can push urself beyond ur limits...

just to let u know....i started with 1.56 on the r6.....before the last track day....it was 1.46.....with the faster guys around....i cut my timing even more....simply wanted to take them out.

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

I fully agree with you Amba, following the experience guys will definately improve us.

But high chance is that poor fella is going to crash trying to follow you guys.

You have to understand that us guys gotta learn to walk first before they can run.

That's why i fully encourage newbie's to take up Charns course to learn the basics of track riding.

Be thankful that Charn bother to conduct courses.

But you're definately getting faster, 1.43 !

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@March 27, 2007 11:59 am

alien? :nono:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/3593/e0fs0995lj4.jpg

Burn Rubber & UR Soul

jun 04 - mar 05------>Yamaha Wr200 FQ3550Z

jun 05 - sept 06------>Honda RVF 399cc NC35 FP 658 Y

sept 06 - may 08------>Yamaha R6 600cc '06 FBA8609M

may 08 - dec 08 ----------> Honda CBR600RR '08 & Honda Wave I

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@March 27, 2007 11:59 am

Doctor Dol, who you want fake ah? That line only for XMM's (small gals). Reading this thread makes me yearn for the smell of the track. Just don't know when can go. Amba, when you r6 coming? Did'nt know pink is your favourite colour...hahaha

Amba, really impressed to hear you getting faster and faster. All the best.:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

RIDE SAFELY ON THE ROAD, BURN RUBBER AT THE TRACK

Originally posted by ERC@March 27, 2007 01:02 am

600s are light, but not that light. I AGREE that a Superbike IS alittle heavier to turn, but it's not only straights that a Superbike makes up for corner speed on 600s, the torque(bigger pistons?)coming off the turn helps too.

In the world championships, no Supersports lap record is ever faster than a Superbike's at ANY F.I.M. sanctioned short circuit(P.G. included). Keeping to Johor, last time Y.S.P.(Japanese Domestic Yamaha Factory Team) dropped by in 2006, their 600s recorded 1.35, the Supers were doing 31s. Many local competitors go quicker on Superbikes at Johor too.

A new rider may find a 600 easier to ride initially, once he/she gets better at their craft, that extra 400cc can come in handy, especially in a dogfight against a 600. If a rider can ride both machines equally well, he/she WILL go faster on the Superbike or at worst match their 600 laptime with less effort.

Thanks for keeping me grounded about a track day being friendly, I'll bear that in mind..don't want to learn the same expensive lesson twice.

5 lap fun race challenge should not restrain those experienced and quicker riders. In fact, everyone should be encouraged to join in the fun.

If those experienced and quickers riders are not allowed to participate. And only newbies are allowed; might as well say.. the rest are just afraid to lose. And no one is going to get any quicker. Slow + Slow = Very slow.

And as a matter of fact, there ARE riders who have minimum experience and tracktime whom have stood on the podium before.

People who complain it's always the same few who stand on the podium are the ones who are afraid to lose. If you're jealous that it's always the same few faces. Then step up and take the challenge and stand onto the podium and get them off. It is a very simple task. But ARE YOU UP TO IT ?

Originally posted by Kelvin67@March 27, 2007 03:12 am

agreed.:sweat:

Originally posted by newbie`12@March 27, 2007 08:51 pm

5 lap fun race challenge should not restrain those experienced and quicker riders. In fact, everyone should be encouraged to join in the fun.

If those experienced and quickers riders are not allowed to participate. And only newbies are allowed; might as well say.. the rest are just afraid to lose. And no one is going to get any quicker. Slow + Slow = Very slow.

And as a matter of fact, there ARE riders who have minimum experience and tracktime whom have stood on the podium before.

People who complain it's always the same few who stand on the podium are the ones who are afraid to lose. If you're jealous that it's always the same few faces. Then step up and take the challenge and stand onto the podium and get them off. It is a very simple task. But ARE YOU UP TO IT ?

Couldn't agree with you more that 5 lap race is fun & everyone should join in the fun,but kindly do take note that I DID NOT SAY experienced & quicker riders are not allowed to praticipate & only newbies are allowed! All i'm saying (again) is that if only they can create another 5 lap race for newbies, & from there they improve & move up to the experience 5 lap race.In my experience with car races, there are a few catogeries example novice, clubman, national & international class. They slowly move up the ladderboard. Imagine a novice who is taking part in his first race, racing along with an international guy! Just like F1, everyone starts from karts, than formula ford/renault, F3 & F1. Imagine a karter straight jump to F1, you think he stands a chance? It's almost the same with this 5 lap race, the newbies will not stand a chance with the experience guys, period! That's why i'm suggesting another 5 lap race for beginners for them to gain experience, & move up. And PLEASE NOTE i'm not the one that says 'it's always the same guys on the podium', it's what i heard, so please don't say i'm jealous! And also you asking me AM I UP FOR IT? Of course not! But on 4 wheels, put time put place! Peace & hope you get well soon.